Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

who has fallen weak

Comments

• Options
    AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    @mwdonohue You never said how you got the game early. Aren't you US? :astonished:
  • Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited September 2014
    I was sitting strongly and uncomfortably on this fence here, now I feel like buying the premium edition. :'(
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    I never said never to buying it, but I am still waiting it out :]
    I'll just be around, stalking all your threads, getting your info and checkin' it twice...

gonna find out who's naughty or nice..
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    not to change the topic but what are easter eggs. i heard of them but i don't know.
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    Atomicus wrote: »
    @mwdonohue You never said how you got the game early. Aren't you US? :astonished:

I actually mentioned it a few times. I used a VPN to change my IP Address to a Korean one.
  • Options
    not to change the topic but what are easter eggs. i heard of them but i don't know.

I don't know how to explain them. They are like little surprises I guess.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    that helps. i guess i changed the topic slighly .
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    Less than a day away and I still haven't caved. I'm buying it when the price drops to a reasonable cost for what is offered and we have the Pets EP and not a minute more.
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    mwdonohue wrote: »

I actually mentioned it a few times. I used a VPN to change my IP Address to a Korean one.
    Umm....is that even legal?
  • Options
    that helps. i guess i changed the topic slighly .

Not too bad. lol. I'm the one that changed the topic. Anyways... Back to Subject!
  • Options
    munchie885munchie885 Posts: 8,439 Member
    lady8jane wrote: »
    munchie885 wrote: »
    Im the person who speaks negativley about the game while calling gamestop to find out if my game arrived yet...

That's somehow really, really cute.

It sounds cute but it really isnt. Its more of me typing harsh insults about EA and yelling insults to the gamestop staff on the phone.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    @mwdonohue holy guacamole, is that the original The Sims I see on that computer? To the person who asked , an easter egg is a surprise, usually an in-joke between the developers and the fans.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member

They're "hidden" objects or references from other games (or movies) that make little cameos.

• Options
    kirby356 wrote: »

This.

BTW @kirby356 Did you see my other thread?
  • Options

I never heard of it being illegal to use a vpn.
  • Options
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    @mwdonohue holy guacamole, is that the original The Sims I see on that computer? To the person who asked , an easter egg is a surprise, usually an in-joke between the developers and the fans.

Yep. It's called Sims Forever
  • Options
    TMarieTMarie Posts: 183 Member
    edited September 2014

Easter eggs are little homages to other games found in the game you are playing. One example would be when I was playing The Last of Us, when Ellie is in the mall in the toy store there is a Jak and Daxter (another Naughty Dog game) board game on one of the shelves. That board game is an "easter egg".
    Origin I.D. : TovahMarie

"Plum went to the plum to plum plumly"

tumblr_n0solrOrvy1ts8vabo2_400.gif

• Options
    CapraCorn104CapraCorn104 Posts: 1,184 Member

Yes, it is legal.
  • Options
    LovenVincentLovenVincent Posts: 1,222 Member

Guess you will find out soon enough,since you openly admitted it on the forum.
    0sig_YunaTidus_animated.gif

Origin: Damian_Nyx
  • Options
    robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member
    lady8jane wrote: »
    Im the person who speaks negativley about the game while calling gamestop to find out if my game arrived yet...

That's somehow really, really cute.

It sounds cute but it really isnt. Its more of me typing harsh insults about EA and yelling insults to the gamestop staff on the phone.
    Someone woke up of the wrong side of bed lol
  • Options

Guess you will find out soon enough,since you openly admitted it on the forum.

Well. I'll message SimGuruHydra. I don't think there's a problem though.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I was going to wait, but ended up pre-ordering on Friday and will be playing tonight at 9. I saw enough potential (especially with the creative tools in CAS and Build Modes) and the gameplay (especially kids) that I can overlook the flaws. Now I've got to go pick the splinters out of my backside from jumping on and off the fence so much. :p
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    I've pre-ordered a physical copy anyway. :smile:
  • Options
    TMarieTMarie Posts: 183 Member

Yes, it is legal.

I know Steam doesn't allow VPN's to be used and they consider using them to be piracy....I can't imagine Origin is more laid back than Steam.
    Origin I.D. : TovahMarie

"Plum went to the plum to plum plumly"

tumblr_n0solrOrvy1ts8vabo2_400.gif

• Options
    Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    Love your siggy TMarie
    Cute!