Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 "create-a-style-tool"?

ยซ1
PremiPremi Posts: 3 New Member
Will The Sims 4 have the "create-a-style-tool" that sims 3 had? where you could fully customize your stuff? I hope it's not that "existing variants" thing, because that's VERY disappointing. That was my favorite part of Sims 3 and I was hoping they would make it even better in Sims 4.

Comments

• Options
    AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    No, sorry.
  • Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    Maybe in the Sims 5, if we get that far.
  • Options
    EmzyDalsvidaEmzyDalsvida Posts: 15,617 Member
    I don't want to see a Sims 5 if this is what they call Sims 4, but unfortunately, no, there is no create a still tool. Not even a colour wheel :(
  • Options
    pc452000pc452000 Posts: 347 Member
    unfortunately The CASt was the MAIN REASON The Sims 3 was so LAGGY even on high end rigs. So EA scrapped it. I am on their side, in this issue, Why put in something that will just hold back another franchise? If TS4 had Create a style, it wouldn't be anything more that a Sims 3.5... I honestly never used CASt.. it was clunky and just boring in my opinion.. I won't miss pools or toddlers or cars either..
    Huge Sim Fanatic
  • Options
    keyb0xkeyb0x Posts: 1,641 Member
    They could perhaps offer an external app to do what CAST did in TS3, no one really knows beyond it not being in the release of the base game.
  • Options
    lynnylynny Posts: 1,141 Member
    unfortunately The CASt was the MAIN REASON The Sims 3 was so LAGGY even on high end rigs. So EA scrapped it. I am on their side, in this issue, Why put in something that will just hold back another franchise? If TS4 had Create a style, it wouldn't be anything more that a Sims 3.5... I honestly never used CASt.. it was clunky and just boring in my opinion.. I won't miss pools or toddlers or cars either..

I will half miss Create a Style, just because I do like to make accents match main colors, but I am still playing Sims 3 and will be for awhile, so it's not that serious.

As far as pools, I never built them except as accents, and even then it was rare. Cars I only bought during the "midlife crisis" to get the 10k lifetime points. They sat in the family inventory otherwise. Toddlers, if they weren't as boring as in the Sims 3 I'd play again, Sims 2 toddlers were much better, much more toddler like. But, I usually just adopt children in order to get to teen/adult stages so I was never upset over that loss. Maybe by the time I buy Sims 4, toddlers will be there again.
  • Options
    NianaNiana Posts: 211 Member

Nope cast was so laggy thanks to downloads and broken pattern people downloaded.

I just reinstalled Sims 3 with all addons but without mods and downloads and it runs beautifully smooth
  • Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Posts: 1,223 Member
    Seems TS4's plummy game engine can't cope with CASt - or pretty much anything except Emotions (which hardly work either). Yes, I share your disappointment too.
    9c1d242c-c6d4-48fa-a82e-53ea24a39377_zpse2967e49.jpg?t=1409877900
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    keyb0x wrote: ยป
    They could perhaps offer an external app to do what CAST did in TS3, no one really knows beyond it not being in the release of the base game.

I would be really happy with this. Sort of like The Body Shop was for Sims 2. If EA doesn't offer it, I'm hoping that a modder will create an easy-to-use tool that will serve the same purpose.
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    lym81lym81 Posts: 341 Member
    Niana wrote: ยป

Nope cast was so laggy thanks to downloads and broken pattern people downloaded.

I just reinstalled Sims 3 with all addons but without mods and downloads and it runs beautifully smooth

I have The Sims 3 with no mods or downloads and mine has always been laggy because of CASt.
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    Seems TS4's plummy game engine can't cope with CASt - or pretty much anything except Emotions (which hardly work either). Yes, I share your disappointment too.

Give it a rest already.
  • Options
    Banksy33Banksy33 Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2014
    No.
    The create a style tool is something that needs to be coded into the game engine from the beginning, some people don't actually stop and think how it works and how much stress it puts on the game engine.

Every object in the sims 3 are the same, white default models with a 'skin' over them.. that's why you have to wait for these textures to load because EVERY object in the game needs it's textures reloaded over and over due to fact you can alter them on the fly.

While it was a good idea on paper it wasn't that great of a system, you can't put bump maps or reflections on the textures because they're basically all the same skin.

The Sims 4 textures have reflections on hard shiny floors, bump maps etc.. and no memory leaks waiting for textures pop in.
  • Options
    DarchitectDarchitect Posts: 523 Member
    Premi wrote: ยป
    Will The Sims 4 have the "create-a-style-tool" that sims 3 had? where you could fully customize your stuff? I hope it's not that "existing variants" thing, because that's VERY disappointing. That was my favorite part of Sims 3 and I was hoping they would make it even better in Sims 4.

Sadly, no. When they designed the game to be an MMO originally, they decided that letting people use CASt would be too hard. So they cut it completely out of the game. Also, they can now sell you recolors through the store!
  • Options
    sddormesddorme Posts: 269 Member
    Sims 4 being an MMO is literally the worst idea they could have come up with.
    _sidebar7.gif
  • Options
    trintastictrintastic Posts: 323 Member
    I know that someone has created a tool that allows recolors in some fashion for the current CAS demo. I haven't used it, but I'm hopeful that same tool can be used, or can be modified to be used, for the live game. I just can't live without purple everything.
  • Options
    AtomicusAtomicus Posts: 2,438 Member
    Um, why on earth did someone flag this?
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited August 2014
    I'll buy the game if they give everyone a Create a Style tool with the color wheel that is separate (and free) from the actual Sims 4 game. I say separate because one of the gurus said CASt cannot be implemented in the Sims 4 due to...reasons. I think the separate software will allow fans the level of customization that they want for their sim objects and clothing without causing the lag that it did in the Sims 3. With the separate software, you should be able to just open up the tool, recolor whatever you want, and upload it to your game.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Can anyone remember the link for this tool? I was intending to wait until I get the game but I can't remember where it was posted now :(
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    SimMommy05SimMommy05 Posts: 2,574 Member
    I'll buy the game if they give everyone a Create a Style tool with the color wheel that is separate (and free) from the actual Sims 4 game. I say separate because one of the gurus said CASt cannot be implemented in the Sims 4 due to...reasons. I think the separate software will allow fans the level of customization that they want for their sim objects and clothing without causing the lag that it did in the Sims 3. With the separate software, you should be able to just open up the tool, recolor whatever you want, and upload it to your game.

Agreed. It could work a lot like CAP (create a pattern) did for Sims 3.
  • Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
  • Options
    trintastictrintastic Posts: 323 Member
    Some people will flag anything, don't sweat it.
  • Options
    DarchitectDarchitect Posts: 523 Member
    Just so long as they code it well! The way they implemented it in TS3 was asinine. First year coders could have implemented a better system for storying the arrays of swatches in memory. It was a brilliant tool, but poorly implemented.
  • Options
    NIFFYWONDANIFFYWONDA Posts: 59 Member
    LOL. no. They will probably put all the "missing features" such as create a style, In expansions.
  • Options
    Snosrap522Snosrap522 Posts: 754 Member
    There are tools already you can find the info under the creative discussion. There are also loads of recolours made by fans
  • Options
    SweetJealousySweetJealousy Posts: 362 Member
    I actually might pay for CASt and a colorwheel if they don't give it to us for free. It's sad I know, but I really loved CASt. And I don't know what they are thinking, with the dinky little neighborhoods loading up this time around, CASt shouldn't be too much of a shock to the system as it was in TS3.