Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    jbsquared2000jbsquared2000 Posts: 895 Member
    @missy2311 - Congratulations on the great grades! Hopefully you can relax and breathe a little easy for a while and enjoy your new toy! *drooling over your Mac* :smile:

@Surreal - This thread and all of the information/people in it are invaluable! I'm so glad you are here and hope you will have many more green buttons in your future! :)

@shalinathekucing - congratulations on the new addition to your family, although I'm sorry for the way it came about. We have such a problem with that where I live. No matter how many strays get adopted, there just always seems to be so many more out there. You are so kindhearted to take on that kitty. Hopefully she/he will get all settled in, soon. :)
    Here, among friends, you can call me Jewels (or Julie).
    My not very profound or life-altering signature quote: Life is short, so laugh often - it will make your children nervous. B)

My thread of Sincere Thanks
    No more wishlist for me! It disappeared in a poof of gift-giving smoke!
  • Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Thank you @missy2311 for the congratulations and right back at you on those amazing marks!! 94?! Wow! You deserve to treat yourself, hope you enjoy your new computer and your new big screen, at least the small screen won't give you migraines any more ;)
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Thanks, jbsquared2000 - just picked up the not so routine machine for free as well. Hahahaha Having a great deal of fun with this. :smile:
  • Options
    AmandaLangAmandaLang Posts: 3 New Member
    I am new to this stalking thing. Is there anyway to know what will be on the weekly sales beforehand? Do worlds ever go on sale?
  • Options
    VGryphonVGryphon Posts: 1,310 Member
    AmandaLang wrote: »
    I am new to this stalking thing. Is there anyway to know what will be on the weekly sales beforehand? Do worlds ever go on sale?
    Yes, a few worlds & most of the venues appear on the Daily Deals. As for trying to figure out if there is a pattern to the weekly sales, @simgeek79 has attempted in this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/804284/weekly-sales-page/p1
    I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
    XmKUks3.jpg
    Click here to request a signature banner.
  • Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,009 Member
    edited July 2015
    @AmandaLang - Welcome to the DD thread. I have also bought some of the worlds on sale from Origin's website. The store web site does not show that I own the worlds I bought from Origin though. The Make Me an Offer machine does offer worlds for a discount, usually between 15% and 20%.

@Missy2311 - While I was posting this
    Me1620 wrote: »
    @missy2311 - No apologies necessary Catherine. Twenty-seven hours! No wonder you got a migraine.
    I did not notice your post letting us know your fantastic grade. Congratulations on an excellent semester. Have a great break and enjoy your Mac and Sims game on your new wide screen monitor.

@shalinathekucing - You have a big heart to take in kitty. I heard on the radio today that the first of the month, or moving day, is a day when a lot of pets are abandoned because the owners are moving to new place that may not be pet friendly. I am sure kitty`s whines will soon turn to purrs of contentment.

@Surreal - *applauds and cheers* I am so happy you are learning the ways of the DD Stalker. Have you tried the Animal Abounds cascade that is described in Ladybug Leslies`s CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP. All those toddler items will add to all toddler items you received from the Lullabies and Nursery Set. What is the next set that you are after?
    Post edited by Me1620 on
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    shalinathekucingshalinathekucing Posts: 33 Member
    thanks to all who had kind words for the kitty - her name is AJ and she is a good looking, laidback grey tabby, approximately 2-3 years old. wish i could post a picture to share with all of you because i caught her in a hilarious pose last night - on her back with her hind legs sprawled out, taking up half the bed LOL.

hmm i should create a sim version of AJ and give her a nice loving family to go along with...ideas for tonight, once i'm off work. :) have a great day everyone!
  • Options
    Thanks for the info :) I see that Sunlit Tides is on the DD rotation if I can be patient. The only other ones I want that I don't have yet are Midnight Hallow, Roaring Heights (?), and Aurora Skies (?). Not sure on the last two.

I did the animal abounds cascade and the gothic cascade today. Made me happy!!

I really want the fortune's folly compilation (picked up through the spy glass on DD today), the India compilation, and the ultra lounge set, if anyone has any tips on the cheapest way to get those.
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited July 2015
    @missy2311 - I'm glad I'm not the only one who draws everything out on grid paper! It probably is a thing a lot of Simmers do. We're a special breed! :tongue: Congratulations on the fantastic grades AND the new computer, Catherine. I hope you and your Sims are enjoying it (or get to enjoy it once everything is fully set up, if it's not already).

@bekkasan - I definitely agree about always wanting a deeper shade! I'm not a fan of brightly coloured furniture, so making furniture just that bit deeper in colour would be so useful in OE. I completely understand you wanting Tim to sit on the couch first; boys seem to have such silly preferences with furniture, that I found it way too hard to find something myself! I think I managed to get him involved by building it up for so long that we needed a new one. Our old couch was very old and falling apart; we actually had fence palings underneath the cushions, because the bottom of the couch quite literally fell out one day! It was also barely a two seater, so we didn't have room for guests (and if we both sat on the couch, neither of us could sit cross-legged!).

Instead of rushing out to buy a new one though, we started rearranging the room first. I did most of that, to be honest ─ he just helped with the heavy lifting. We do still have to move some cabinets around which is going to be tricky, but at the time (before we bought the new couch) we just swapped the desk and the couch so that the old couch was sitting in the space we had planned - eventually - for a new couch. At the time, I made it seem like the new couch would be a much later venture. But, with everything roughly in place, he suddenly thought it was his idea to get a new couch immediately and was really enthusiastic about it. :wink:
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    @AmandaLang - Did the Gothic Cascade work for you? It was broken due to price changes.

LadybugLeslie has worked out ways to purchase sets and compilations by taking advantage of the DD list. Check out CASCADES & DAILY DEALS- GETTING THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR SP.

In her thread, she does have Fortune Folly:
    Fortune's Folly -- 654 total SP
    - DD# 20: March 2011 compilation (free, see above) gives you TTSG bath
    - DD# 33: Drifter's Desire (459 sp)
    - Now go complete the set for around 195 sp. This gives you Through The Spy Glass for 195 sp.

India Inspiration is included in Best of 2012
    Best of 2012-- 910 sp
    - DD# 546: Chun Co Teppanyaki Grill (150 SP), it is also DD# 149, 160, 497, &579
    - DD# 952: Stones Throw Greenhouse (760 SP)
    - Best of 2012--- free!

Alternate route for Best of 2012. I'm leaving this up in case some people already own parts of the compilation so they can see how to best round their way up to the compilation. If you do not own anything at all, the first route is the absolute cheapest way.
    Best of 2012
    - DD # 546: Chun Co Teppanyaki Grill (150 SP), it is also DD# 149, 160, 497, &579
    - Owning the grill will make the Itadikamisu! Set free at DD #489
    - DD # 287: India Inspired Clothing & Hair (444 SP)
    - Owning India Inspired Clothing & Hair will make India Inspirations Collection free when it comes up on DD# 900
    - DD# 800: Lord Vladamir's Magic Cauldron (162 SP)
    - I purchased Lady Ravendancer's Goth book of spells from the sale page. Owning only this item and the cauldron will make Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings free at DD# 19
    - Once you own the entire India Insp. Collection, Itadikamisu!, and Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings (or More Magic if you already own that)- head over to Best of 2012- it will be free! That means you'll get Stones Throw Greenhouse for free!!

Ultra Lounge is included in this list
    Here's a big one, which may not be universally translatable, but it should help you brainstorm your own path:
    Best of 2010 (271 TOT SP)*
    - on sale: Tiki Living set (138 tot SP)
    - DD #684: Full Int Castle (25 SP for me)
    - Tiki Dining (50 SP for me off DD, but that has passed now)
    - Wilderness Dreaming- free from Animals Abound Cascade
    - Panda & Friends- free from Animals Abound Cascade
    - 3 individual items that combine for a SPV of 200 SP (mine are DD#371 (expired), and upcoming DD# 408 and DD# 485
    - DD #242: Best of 2010 Compilation-- free-- Now go click the green download on the Ultra Lounge Compilation; this gives you Ultra Lounge Laundry for free. This will make Loads of Laundry free at DD# 447 !

* your total SP investment will probably vary, but it can still be acquired very cheaply. You need a total regular CYS discount of 2210 to get the comp for free on DD.

Best of 2010 and Island Escape Compilation have a lot of overlap too. If you're working on one you should be able to get the other as well.

Keep checking the product pages of various sets and compilations. You never know when the green download button with show up.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Thank you!!

Gothic worked but i did it a little different. The living room set is for sale right now, so I bought the plant for 25sp which dropped the sale price to 320 and then when I went to the combo living room/office page and it just let me download the rest. Oh My Goth is showing that I can get for 277 now.
  • Options
    Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians.

50th_anniversary_flag__1418740609394_eng.jpg

• Options
    mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Welcome back @Ximph. Thanks for the thread.

@missy2311 Congrats on the grades, sounds like you deserved a new computer.
    arqmoderno wrote: »
    Hello, everySimmerone !! :smiley:
    I haven't beem here for a wile... :(

I want to thank @mothersuperior2 for the gifts ! Now I don't get gift notifications in my e.mail and I only saw them recently in the store as I don't go there so much...

Great Simming to you all !!!

@arqmoderno You're welcome for the gifts. I think a few notifications have gone missing lately, amongst other things. :o

I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    friday027friday027 Posts: 610 Member
    Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians.

50th_anniversary_flag__1418740609394_eng.jpg

@Me1620 - I Second that! I am not Canadian, but Big Hugs to all of my Canadian friends and co-workers! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Keep checking the product pages of various sets and compilations. You never know when the green download button with show up.
    I worked out every Daily Deal Cascade mentioned (in order). It can be found here:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13666330/#Comment_13666330
    I do not have a wishlist as I now officially own the store. I have a thank you thread. Here is my Sims 3 page. My top 5 list can be found here (it is empty).
    XmKUks3.jpg
  • Options
    JaceighJaceigh Posts: 808 Member
    Happy Canada Day to whomever it applies! :)
    Happy Simming & Green Downloads! :kissing_heart:
  • Options
    Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    Does anyone know what exactly enabling Origin in game actually does? I am wondering if the reason I keep getting an error message on start up is because I have it enabled but am playing offline. Also, I know you can see what sets you have downloaded in the game (I found out how by accident) in regards to furniture and decor, but is there a way to see what clothing sets you have downloaded? It was taking me so long to download stuff that I didn't finish and I can't remember what I downloaded and what I didn't!
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    From what I understand that if origin is enabled they can track your gameplay even if you are in offline mode. It just stores it until you go back online. I don't know that it does anything else.
  • Options
    mothersuperior2mothersuperior2 Posts: 1,419 Member
    @Elf67 and @bekkasan Doesn't it also control in-game gifting and Sim-porting? I don't Sim-port myself at the moment, but I think that's what @Jemlia has said. Also, what about the photos taken which become memories? Maybe I have misunderstood the question?
    I have a weird sense of humour. If it doesn't come across, please forgive me in advance.

Are Kevin's undergarments lurking in a wishlist near you?

I own the Store 5584.gifMy Page
    HOW?
    Cascades
    Daily Deals
  • Options
    JemliaJemlia Posts: 255 Member
    Yes, @MotherSuperior2, signing into Origin is necessary to Simport. It is also necessary for sending in game gifts, chatting while in game, posting memories to the wall, uploading to the exchange, in game store shopping etc... From what I have experienced, the game will synchronize with the player's wall for achievements if one has been playing offline and then signs in to Origin. However, the game is quite playable without signing in.
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I do not sign into origin and I can send gifts and post memories. You just have to have the internet option for that, but, do not have to be connected with origin. But, I have one of the older disks so that may be why I don't have to have origin to send gifts and post. I don't recall the dates that changed but it was after I got my original Sims3 game. I don't know about simport as I have never done that.
  • Options
    So close to having all the sets... Over the last few days, I got:
    The Sun, Surf & Sand (Swim + Sleep) for 5 points,
    Transport to the Future for 45 points,
    One with Nature for 15 points,
    No Tricks, Just Treats for 15 points,
    January 2013 Compilation (which included Ragtime in the Big Easy) free
    Lullabies and Nursery Rhymes free.
    Fanciful Fashions & Hairstyles 20 points
    Buccaneer's Bounty 15 points
    Street Couture - Kids and Teens 5 points
    Mid-Century Modern Dining and Style Set free.

Note that "free" means that over the last few months I've been gifted by many, many people bits and pieces that, combined with the Daily Deals, translates to "free" and "cheap".

I'm getting close to owning the store. Though the last one will appear on the Daily Deal mid-August. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone before that happens.
    XmKUks3.jpg
  • Options
    friday027friday027 Posts: 610 Member
    VGryphon wrote: »

Note that "free" means that over the last few months I've been gifted by many, many people bits and pieces that, combined with the Daily Deals, translates to "free" and "cheap".

I'm getting close to owning the store. Though the last one will appear on the Daily Deal mid-August. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone before that happens.

Very, very happy to know your progress! :smiley:
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,381 Member
    What is simport?
  • Options
    friday027 wrote: »
    VGryphon wrote: »

Very, very happy to know your progress! :smiley:
    Simpoint sets I have left to get, in alphabetical order:

Dreams of India
    Luxe Kidswear
    Everyday Kids Collection (part of November 2011 Compilation)
    Everyday Teens Collection (part of Fun for Kids of All Ages Compilation)
    Homcoming
    Jet Set
    Mother Russia
    Pushin' Pedals
    Romanza Bridal Party
    The Jazz Age Wear (part of February 2011 Compilation)

Other items:

Make Me An Offer Exclusives.
    Items from the Island of Misfit Items, aka items not available from sets.

Special cases where I'll have to talk to customer support:

Date Night * Very special case... I got this set via Humble Bundle Code
    Most of the gold worlds due to getting worlds & venues separately.
    When Worlds Collide
    World Adventures

So, not far to go, but still.
    XmKUks3.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top