Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CURRENT DD (DAILY DEAL) ROTATION & SALES HELP: STARTED SEPTEMBER 22ND

Comments

• Options
    tinkknitztinkknitz Posts: 1,278 Member
    Does anyone know if Grimm's Ghastly Manor items are recolorable or just black like midnight hollow? The deal is almost over...
    What do I put for a signature once I have been gifted so much that I own The Store? anybody? Bueller?
  • Options
    PenndraPenndra Posts: 695 Member
    Midnight Hollow colors are unchangeable?
    Perhaps someone has modded new colors for dull colored things in the Sims Exchange?
    TS3 Store advice: DD Stalkers * DD Cascades * Complete a Set
    wishes & Thank-you!! Huggles!
    YouTube tutorial: How-to make UFO's in TS3 *
    Machinima in the making: March of Bears -a psychological thriller *
    Research Blog: Garden/Recipe
  • Options
    Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Penndra wrote: »
    Pugslover4 wrote: »
    @Penndra‌, thanks for the gifts, and I added more from Live, Laugh and Love into my wishlist.
    Question!? Even if it is on sale and plus that coming up on DD this weekend will it make it cheaper??? So that a way I can CYS along with Compilation?

I dunno, it seems random. I didn't get the sale included on a previous set, but when I bought Sweet Escape for 85 points, the sale discount was included as well as the DD discount and the CYS discount O.o I'm confused. I thought it was supposed to be JUST the DD discount if bought from the DD page and JUST the sale discount if bought from the sale page. Buying from item page is random, but I go there to guarantee my CYS discount.

Thanks for responding. Well, I can wait til weekend to see and thanks also to @charlotteprice for the gifts. And @Penndra for the gifts and you mention cakes, tomorrow I am gonna make a chocolate cakes and I still have several gingerbread cookies and fudge. LOL!
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • Options
    Doesn't matter. There's only four minutes left.
    What do I put for a signature once I have been gifted so much that I own The Store? anybody? Bueller?
  • Options
    SpiderCrowWolfSpiderCrowWolf Posts: 1,380 Member
    Well I have tried all the suggestions and not one of them seem to be helping me. I still can't get this spreadsheet to work so I"m not sure what's going on. I'm probably losing a ton of SPs as a result......even my iPhone won't pull up the spreadsheet and I have the thing installed to open up spreadsheets. I give up
  • Options
    Oh well, doesn't matter the deal is over. I wasn't that fascinated, but the build items and clothes looked nice. I've got some good deals lined up in the next few weeks. I'll be celebrating then
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited January 2015
    Perhaps someone has modded new colors for dull colored things in the Sims Exchange?

Can you go over to the "Post your wish lists for free items" thread? Before you go can you check out WL for "Aris11"
    He/She needs help and I don't know if I explained it right, LOL
    He/She is calling you anyway!
    Please check this new member out, this one is not going to get any help with WL like that :s
    I so want to help this person but not sure I am getting the point across :'(

Thank you so much if you can spare a few minutes and see what I am talking about?

*hugs*

New Member is ACB44
  • Options
    How do you search members? Just for future reference. That name doesn't show up on search for me.
  • Options
    ACB44ACB44 Posts: 140 Member
    I have a question, and I'm not sure if its been asked before ... but for the CYS deal... is it best to try to buy as many of the individual pieces, because it will decrease the set's price for CYS... if so, should you only buy the individual pieces when they are on sale? When should you just go ahead and buy the set? And what about weekly specials... can those be a better deal than CYS?

Hope that made sense...
  • Options
    How do you search members? Just for future reference. That name doesn't show up on search for me.

you scroll down to the left side of DD page and you will see the box to find a WL.......type the name in without quotes though ;)
  • Options
    Thanks. At least one thing on the site likes me. Now this site won't let me tag all of a sudden
  • Options
    LyrielSimLyrielSim Posts: 261 Member
    ACB44 wrote: »
    I have a question, and I'm not sure if its been asked before ... but for the CYS deal... is it best to try to buy as many of the individual pieces, because it will decrease the set's price for CYS... if so, should you only buy the individual pieces when they are on sale? When should you just go ahead and buy the set? And what about weekly specials... can those be a better deal than CYS?<br />
    <br />
    Hope that made sense...
    From Page One of this thread:
    If a set allows CYS credit:

1) If you don't own anything from the set, always buy the cheapest item in the set before buying the set, even if you have to pay full price.

2) Never buy an item with less than a 10% discount, unless it is the first item you buy.

3) Always buy an item with more than a 10% discount, even if the set is going to go on sale later for a better discount.

As long as you know those three rules, you can always save SP, even if you have no idea about the math under the hood that makes them work.
    I've followed these 3 simple rules for the individual piece buying & it works well. I'm sure that others can help with the more detailed explanations. Me? -I still get confused, too. So don't feel bad. Ask 'em, they're a real friendly & helpful bunch of folks! :smile:
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Can you go over to the "Post your wish lists for free items" thread? Before you go can you check out WL for "Aris11"
    He/She needs help and I don't know if I explained it right, LOL
    He/She is calling you anyway!
    Please check this new member out, this one is not going to get any help with WL like that :s
    I so want to help this person but not sure I am getting the point across :'(

Thank you so much if you can spare a few minutes and see what I am talking about?

*hugs*

New Member is ACB44

Does this do the job?
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13162602/#Comment_13162602
  • Options
    @Penndra Yes, thank you very much, I appreciate it!

I am not good at explaining things but I never saw a WL like that before :o

*hugs*
  • Options
    That's why I"m not posting my wishlist over there as the people in my other Yuku forum gift from the top many of them wanting to gift like the 1700 SP and so on. Just for anyone that does wander over to my WL, that's why you sometimes see the more expensive items at top. :)
  • Options
    I have a question, and I'm not sure if its been asked before ... but for the CYS deal... is it best to try to buy as many of the individual pieces, because it will decrease the set's price for CYS... if so, should you only buy the individual pieces when they are on sale? When should you just go ahead and buy the set? And what about weekly specials... can those be a better deal than CYS?<br />
    <br />
    Hope that made sense...

Hi :)
    Lemme see if I can answer your questions.
    You want to buy or obtain at least one item of a set before you buy a set. This will reduce the cost substantially... but any additional pieces only decrease the cost by the amount of the piece (maybe a tiny bit more). If it is a compilations, buy or obtain one piece in each set. Plus each completed set will have a significant effect on the cost of the compilation.
    Get things on sale when it is not cheaper in the upcoming DD list. The sale prices go up to 34 or 35% off. While DD can go up to 80% off.
    Look at the Make-me-an-offer. You can view it 24 hours after the last time you used up all 5 viewings. It has given me an offer of 58% off, but usually the DD prices and sale prices are better, so add up your CYS prices if you have them and compare, because it does not include discounts in the offer it offers you.

I wait to buy a set until it get's below 300 pts on a big set and below 100 pts on a small set. Sometimes I get anxious of a domino effect and buy when it is more expensive because I'll get green download buttons on everything else in the cascade.
  • Options
    LyrielSim wrote: »
    <br />
    Hope that made sense...

1) If you don't own anything from the set, always buy the cheapest item in the set before buying the set, even if you have to pay full price.

2) Never buy an item with less than a 10% discount, unless it is the first item you buy.

3) Always buy an item with more than a 10% discount, even if the set is going to go on sale later for a better discount.

As long as you know those three rules, you can always save SP, even if you have no idea about the math under the hood that makes them work.
    I've followed these 3 simple rules for the individual piece buying & it works well. I'm sure that others can help with the more detailed explanations. Me? -I still get confused, too. So don't feel bad. Ask 'em, they're a real friendly & helpful bunch of folks! :smile:

I honestly don't understand rule 3
  • Options
    wittanthony1wittanthony1 Posts: 1,929 Member
    edited January 2015
    notthecar wrote: »
    Who's working on Live, Love Laugh and how close are you?

I currently own 8% of the set, which is 4 items with a cys of 1120. Guess my cys price would be a little higher since it is on sale this week. Forgot about that.
    Post edited by wittanthony1 on
  • Options
    That's why I"m not posting my wishlist over there as the people in my other Yuku forum gift from the top many of them wanting to gift like the 1700 SP and so on. Just for anyone that does wander over to my WL, that's why you sometimes see the more expensive items at top. :)

Your WL looks fine :D
  • Options
    OK I just push anything up to the top (again browser permitting) that may be coming up in DD the next 24 hours, even if it is a bit expensive. Just wanted to let you know. And to keep from being more confused than I already am I delete those items from my WL once I acquire them. :)
  • Options
    I can't even remember if I did post my WL over there anyway.
  • Options
    I asked in other thread but was wondering how do you all add a signature?
  • Options
    LyrielSimLyrielSim Posts: 261 Member
    edited January 2015
    LyrielSim wrote: »
    <br />
    Hope that made sense...

I honestly don't understand rule 3
    I believe it means even if the piece is 15% Off, and the set will be 50% Off soon, buy that piece anyway. It seems counterproductive till you discover that odd but lovable trick of the CYS where the first item of a set you buy gets you a bigger discount than the cost of that item, or any additional item.
    Edit: Ooh, and, any piece at 10% or more discount eventually pays for itself and then some by increasing the Owned % in CYS. It gives back more than you pay for it as long as its at least 10% Off.
  • Options
    Like this?
  • Options
    Like this?

Sorry, I cant see sigs. I had them hidden and now I cant get into my wall to change anything! It only has the "report" button.
    Its been like that for a while now :s
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top