Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post Your Wish lists for Free Items

Comments

• Options
    owlcityfan4evaowlcityfan4eva Posts: 279 Member
    I am currently working on The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft set. I already have 27% off. Any help will do fine. Thank you in advanced.

My Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=owlcityfan4eva
  • Options
    SnorkelbucketSnorkelbucket Posts: 62 Member
    http : // store.thesims3 . com/myWishlist.html?persona = Snorkelbucket
    This is my wishlist! I've been working towards completing a lot of sets so I have a bunch of small items on there. Thanks so much guys!
  • Options
    njwilson1986njwilson1986 Posts: 629 Member
    Trying to create the perfect wedding any help will be much appreciated
    http ://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=njwilson1986
    I own the store YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    ACB44ACB44 Posts: 140 Member
    I'm just starting to get involved with the store now that I've learned about the ads gifting sim points, so my wish list is kind of skimpy, but any help would be appreciated... thanks so much in advance!

store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Aris11

Also, seeing as I don't own much of anything from the store, if anyone would be kind as to gift me anything they think would be useful or something they actually really like, that would be super cool too! I really hope to start giving out gifts soon as well... kinda big on the whole pay it forward thing.

Happy simming!
  • Options
    njwilson1986njwilson1986 Posts: 629 Member
    Trying to create the perfect wedding >_<
    http ://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=njwilson1986
    I own the store YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    ACB44 wrote: »
    I'm just starting to get involved with the store now that I've learned about the ads gifting sim points, so my wish list is kind of skimpy, but any help would be appreciated... thanks so much in advance!<br />
    <br />
    store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Aris11<br />
    <br />
    Also, seeing as I don't own much of anything from the store, if anyone would be kind as to gift me anything they think would be useful or something they actually really like, that would be super cool too! I really hope to start giving out gifts soon as well... kinda big on the whole pay it forward thing.<br />
    <br />
    Happy simming!

Hey, I checked your WL (wish list) out. I think you need to re-do it? Cant gift a lot of them due to red tag? Maybe you can see what's in some of the sets (like the compilation set) and add the individual things to your WL?
    I don't know really but seems like your WL is needing some help, LOL.
    Maybe someone who has been doing this a while can check out your WL and give you some advice?
    The worlds and the venues are fine to remain, its just so very few individual items that a lot of us can help you complete a set are not on your list.
    I apologize if you are not understanding what I am saying (because I don't understand myself half the time either, LOL)
    Just trying to help :D
  • Options
    tombwritertombwriter Posts: 601 Member
    @charlotteprice‌, you explained it good, im just going to add onto it a bit...

@acb44, when you click into a set, and you see it say that you own 0/43 items (for example), if you click on each individual item, you can add that single item to your wishlist, and when you do it like that, you have a better chance of letting gifters know what you need/want and what youre working on :)
    Why, yes! I do OWN the store! B)
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    Alore wrote: »
    Thank you @charlotteprice for the gift! I really appreciate your generosity! :)

I like your avatar Alore,that is my favorite store set ever. <3 The hairs are so detailed,the clothing,and the buy objects.And the capris from that set ended up being my most used bottoms. (*) (*) (*) (*) Stars, I recommend this set to everybody who does not own it.

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    LadybugLeslieLadybugLeslie Posts: 698 Member
    Working on lots of sets that will be popping up on DD. I appreciate any help at all! I believe I have my wishlist in rough order of priority. But really whatever puts a smile on your face will certainly put one on mine :)

http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=LadybugLeslie
  • Options
    simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    The set I am currently working on is Live Laugh Love so I would appreciate any help one can spare before it comes up on the DD on Sunday. Not sure if any of you are aware, but Radlee shared a great tip on getting Le Cinema Plumbob cheaper. If you own LLL plus the Barrier to Entry plus the Large As Life Movie Screen (both on Sale page right now) you can buy the March 2013 Compilation for only 220 simpoints! Please correct me if I'm wrong @Radlee :) I've been pouring over the spreadsheet these last few days and have all sorts of numbers stuck in my head!

Also plugging away at my two favourite sets that weren't on this last list :'( : One With Nature and Collectionne Stancke. My wishlist (link is in my signature) is also organized by priority based on the sets I'm trying to complete based on when they will be appearing on the DD.

Hope everyone is having a good day / night :D
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Options
    SnorkelbucketSnorkelbucket Posts: 62 Member
    Thank you charlotteprice for the shower! It's wonderful thank you so much!
  • Options
    Thank you charlotteprice for the shower! It's wonderful thank you so much!

You're very welcome! The shower does come in handy :p

*hugs*
  • Options
    @charlotteprice‌ -- you are simply amazing! Thank you so much for the gifts. I think you are everyone's fairy simmother :wink:

@awellenbl‌ -- Thank you so, so much!! Thanks to you and Charlotte (and of course @LyrielSim‌ & @angeljess26‌ from earlier), I should be able to complete the Once Upon a Time Cottage for free after I pick up the Happily Ever After clothing on DD.

I'm truly amazed by all of the generosity on this forum!
  • Options
    @charlotteprice‌ -- you are simply amazing! Thank you so much for the gifts. I think you are everyone's fairy simmother :wink:

@awellenbl‌ -- Thank you so, so much!! Thanks to you and Charlotte (and of course @LyrielSim‌ & @angeljess26‌ from earlier), I should be able to complete the Once Upon a Time Cottage for free after I pick up the Happily Ever After clothing on DD.

I'm truly amazed by all of the generosity on this forum!

You're welcome! Thanks for the compliment (blushing)

Happy to hear you may be able to get the set for free!

*hugs*
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    @charlotteprice‌ and @tombwriter‌ thanks for your advice! I guess I was using my WL incorrectly LOL… When I was making it at first, I didn’t really know how people decided to gift things, so I was only adding things that I thought were cool. But now I see that I should use it to try to get a CYS instead of just adding everything I like LOL …

@charlotteprice‌ On the topic of red tags, is it that you can’t gift people items that are on sale? I started going to the sale’s page daily and if I liked what was there, just added it to my WL. Also, thank you so much for the crib!! I plan on using it as soon as my Sim pops out a baby!!
    Post edited by ACB44 on
  • Options
    PenndraPenndra Posts: 695 Member
    edited January 2015
    hmm I do notice that the current DD item/set disappears off my wishlist during the DD. I think it disappears from view when looking at others' too. Can you see Grim's place on anyone's wishlist right now?
    TS3 Store advice: DD Stalkers * DD Cascades * Complete a Set
    wishes & Thank-you!! Huggles!
    YouTube tutorial: How-to make UFO's in TS3 *
    Machinima in the making: March of Bears -a psychological thriller *
    Research Blog: Garden/Recipe
  • Options
    Question.. Last night I 'thought' I had organized my wishlist to have all the compilations at the bottom and single items at top... saved it and everything. Now it's all intermingled again, just like before. Is there a way to keep it from rearranging itself?
  • Options
    @charlotteprice and @tombwriter thanks for your advice! I guess I was using my WL incorrectly LOL… When I was making it at first, I didn’t really know how people decided to gift things, so I was only adding things that I thought were cool. But now I see that I should use it to try to get a CYS instead of just adding everything I like LOL … <br />
    <br />
    @charlotteprice‌ On the topic of red tags, is it that you can’t gift people items that are on sale? I started going to the sale’s page daily and if I liked what was there, just added it to my WL. Also, thank you so much for the crib!! I plan on using it as soon as my Sim pops out a baby!!

You're welcome, hope you enjoy the crib (when your Sim has a baby) LOL

Listen, I checked your WL out with your name "Aris11" again and it still doesn't look good :s I am not good at explaining how to make a WL and I don't know if there is a thread made to guide the new members or anyone to it (maybe someone else will read this and make a thread)

Most everyone on here tries to get free simpoints and that is what they use to get stuff they need or to gift to someone, some buy simpoints.

Take your "Man Cave Compilation" you have on your WL. Now click on the name of it, it will show you what items is in the set by scrolling down the page to where the items are. If you click on the first pic of the car bed for example, it will pop up a box showing the car. At the bottom of the car pic is a blue line that says "View Full Item Details". Click that and it will take you to another page that shows the car bed and on the right it will show you how many SPs you need to purchase it. Car bed is 99 points. Under the points you can click on "add to wish list" and it will automatically go to your WL. Then you can check out other items in the compilation and put them on the WL. It is best to put a variety on your WL from the lowest simpoints to what you want. Your Man Cave Compilation on you WL is 3000 points. If you break it down then more people could help you and you could get it much quicker that way.

I hope I am making some sense because I do want you to get stuff you need, but you wont really get it with your WL right now. If you have any questions about how to do it, just ask me or anyone else here, we all are here to help each other! Don't give up, you will get it right!

*hugs*

• Options
  • Options
    @penndra I just looked at your playlist ... since the Animal Abound Playground - Outdoor Fun set is on sale, on your WL there is the sale red flag next to it and the option to "Gift this Item" is no longer there. So I guess you can't gift sale items :(
  • Options
    @njwilson1986‌ --- thank you so much for the gifts!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    As for cleaning wishlists, here's a summary of what I have read, plus what I've found to be useful.
    1. keep all your sets and big stuff near the bottom. (That's a suggestion, I'll give a different suggestion below).
    2. put individual pieces of a set near the top. (pieces of a couple different sets is fine). Make sure you include all the low cost items (under 50sp (maybe under 60 or 70sp depending on the set)). Include all the premium and interactive items as these will cut your CYS faster than an ordinary item. In total include up to about 3/4 of the set on your wishlist. Unless it is something like the Villa Paraíso collection, 3/4 will be enough to get a green download button. There are notes and tips from others about what percentage of a set needs to be owned to get the green download button if you want to do the math.
    3. put items needed for a CYS (especially one on sale) or to lower the cost of a DD at the very top.
    4. Anything new you add will be placed at the top and will need to be moved to where it goes in your list.
    5. Word of warning about saving your wishlist! Your username at the top of the page has a dropdown menu with a Wishlist link. Clicking on that link will save your wishlist and reload the page. Whenever you move a few items around, resave your wishlist to secure your changes. Many times when I've added more than 5 new items, or did a lot of reorganizing without re-saving, my wishlist would reshuffle and sometimes show up in reverse order, which can be very time-consuming to fix. So save often. If your Wishlist does not respond to drag and drop reorganizing, try a different browser. I have to use IE for the wishlist.
    6. It's okay to have one or two or three worlds or 'big stuff' at the top that you really really realllllllllly want!
    7. Info on cleaning wishlists can be found in the old forum under lotteries, contest rules, and stuff like that.
    8. And I was just reminded... delete items off your list once you own them. I don't think it shows up to anyone else, but it does help you stay organized, and removing items makes the wishlist function better. Mine will completely stall out and give errors if I have more than 300 items on it. Try to keep it under 150 for a smooth experience and gifters will have an easier time too.
    9. It's okay to store random objects at the very bottom that you don't need right away but still want to have on your wishlist so you won't forget about them.
    -- A few tips:--

Top 10 or top 5: The top 10 items should always be the 10 items you most desire right now... be it for a CYS on sale or an upcoming DD or something you keep dreaming about adding to your game... a.k.a. the top 10 are the things that make your drool, excited, or anxious to get very very soon. I would encourage gifters to consider the top 10 items, unless the simmer's post has requested specific things further down.

Sort your items per price, or per price and set, or per priority of when you will need the item or how much you want the item.
    Things at the top of the list will be seen first.
    The first three items show on your TS3 profile.
    Most gifters will be looking for something inexpensive. Make certain you have a few cheaper items near the top,
    But always put your absolute necessities at the very top.

And gifters should also pay attention to the top 10 items. Those items are at the top of the list for a reason :) And items at the bottom are at the bottom for a reason too :P

Avoid putting Daily Deal items on your wishlist. Some of the items on DD can be as low at 6 simpoints, it would be a waste to gift it at full price. Right now our DD rotation is on repeat till we don't know when, so just do a search on the list and see if what you want is on there. If it's on the DD for more than a 26% deal, remove it from your wishlist and opt for a different item from the set to help gifters help your CYS. And then you can use your own points to get the 67% + item deals yourself because those are super cheap!

Dividers. It helps to find a way to divide your wishlist into categories so you can make groupings. I've used Worlds or other items with an icon that is a full square image, as opposed to the transparent silhouette of items.
    You could also opt to utilize the invisible-to-others owned items.
    All the compilations have a blue square background. If you have some un-chipped-away-at comps, those could be used as dividers.
    Or expensive Venues, because they might stick around for a while. But even if they do get gifted or bought, you can still keep them as dividers for yourself to see.
    Keep in mind that more items on your list will bog it down, especially if you get over 300 items. So it's best to only break out the set(s) that you are working on now into individual items, and list everything else as it's set to reduce the number of items in your list.

Personally, here's what I try to maintain.
    --A. First and foremost, at the top of the list list items you need right now for a DD or to CYS for a current sale.
    --B. There are SEVERAL items that are in multiple sets (just go through the Featured Looks collections and you'll find most of them) and put those items somewhere near the top of your list. When someone gifts you one of these multi-set items they are helping you with more than one set with just that one gift! Best use of gift points ever!
    --C. Here is where you plug in the one or two or five worlds and venues or any high price thing you really really want badly.
    --D. Next look for sets that are not CYS AND are not included in a CYS compilation that you intend on getting... otherwise it's a waste of points to list a part of something that will never be CYS (like Grimm's Doorway is part of Grimm's house which is not CYS AND not part of any CYS combo... so you'd be better off just listing Grimm's house on your list otherwise you'd have to obtain the doorway twice -.- ). Put your desired non-CYS sets (or non CYS object if you don't want the whole set) next in your wishlist. There will only be a few and most of them are on our current DD list, so unless you can't afford the DD discount I wouldn't include those DD sets on the wishlist.
    --E. Next list other single items from the sets you want to compleeeeeeeete latr.
    --F. After that, list all the other compilations that you haven't listed as individual items. (maybe these are combo sets you want to work on in the future)
    --G. And lastly are the other worlds and venues you want at some point in the future.
    --H. At the very very very very end, I have tossed in a few items I want but don't want to get mixed up with the other categories, for example: the child's clothes in Le Cirque look the same as the clothes in Treats no Tricks, but one is girls and the other is boys, so I need to keep them separate while I'm working on Treats no Tricks (a collection of items from several sets) so I put the boy's outfit at the bottom of the wishlist, else I could just choose to remove the boys outfit.

Additionally... every time you own a new item, check it's item page and look at the sets that include it. One item can be enough to tip your CYS over into a green download button to get the rest of the set for free. Sometimes it does it at 47%. I have Villa Paraíso at 88% and it still doesn't have a green download button. So it depends on the size and value of the items of the whole thing. Certainly the interactive items will lower your overall CYS faster, and most other items only subtract their own sp value from the CYS. But some sets seems to have a higher bonus than others, so just be aware of this inconsistency.

Also check thru the cascade, especially when you own a new set. The final compilation will usually give you the best deal, and then you may get a set (or more) for less than 300 points or even free by buying out the final compilation for a mere couple hundred points (rather than buying the remainder of each set in the comp for 300 points each).

Whenever a set you don't have shows up on DD or comes up on the sale page, go check it out. You may be surprised to find a green download button or the cost under 100 points.

I know it used to be frowned upon to post your wishlist in your signature, but with the new forum and some members having to get new names and the wishlists being difficult to find now... put your wishlist in your signature. If you look at mine, I simply wrote WL and linked my wishlist to it. Then I later changed it to say Best Wishes :P So you have some leeway to be creative rather than to stick your wishlist up in a dry sort of in-your-face way to say "give me stuff!".

I recommend frequenting the DD Stalker and the Complete a Set and the Cascade threads for more tips and guidance to make the best use of your simpoints and wishlist.

Just as there are several ways to organize a wishlist, and still have it effective... there are also several ways to keep track of your store content and what you have left to own.
    • There are some who have created their own excel spreadsheet to keep a list of everything.
    • I've seen a couple different WishList trackers. Mine is in the OP of my Thank-you Thread. ( Having a Thank-you thread is a great way to give thanks to everyone who gifts you. ) I have listed out only the content that I don't have yet. I categorized everything per compilation/combo/or collection, and then put them into groups relative to the store categories. I've noted the list with when each content will be on the DD, and how much the CYS value is currently down to. Everything is linked, which makes it very easy to check on cascades.
    • Another good WishList tracker also uses the Thank-you Thread and lists out every set, coded with haves, wants, and working on.
    • It's nice to have a list to keep tabs on your progress and to give yourself reminders about DD's and cascades. Chose a way that works for you, and keep it updated often.
    Post edited by Penndra on
  • Options
    @charlotteprice‌ yea, I haven't gotten around to fixing it just yet... been super busy running errands before I head back to school. I'll definitely be working on it using the tips @penndra just provided... thanks again so much for taking the time to help me out!
  • Options
    @charlotteprice‌ yea, I haven't gotten around to fixing it just yet... been super busy running errands before I head back to school. I'll definitely be working on it using the tips @penndra just provided... thanks again so much for taking the time to help me out!

Oh good. I understand not having time and back to school stuff!

*hugs*
  • Options
    LyrielSimLyrielSim Posts: 261 Member
    Penndra wrote: »
    Question.. Last night I 'thought' I had organized my wishlist to have all the compilations at the bottom and single items at top... saved it and everything. Now it's all intermingled again, just like before. Is there a way to keep it from rearranging itself?
    The same has happened to me & others on rare occasions. Try F5 refresh the page after every few changes. It seemed to help and the shuffle hasn't occurred again since I began following that advice.