Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will cars really be gone from TS4?

ยซ134567
https://youtube.com/watch?v=z00mK3Pxc8w#t=17
So in that trailer, even though it has been rumoured there will be no cars in TS4, if you pause at "00:17" seconds you can see a red van (I think it's a van). And since there are no lyrics saying "Not actual footage of gameplay" then I doubt it is fake. What do you guys think? I mean I would be real happy if cars were in the game.
It's just like boiling a frog! If you try to throw a frog in a warm pot it'll hop right out! But if you put it in mild water and warm it up slowly, the frog won't understand what's happening until it is too late!

Comments

• Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    There will be no cars unless EA introduces them in an EP. After all, what are they useful for in these tiny neighborhoods?

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    DasakalaDasakala Posts: 126 Member
    Mylita wrote: ยป
    There will be no cars unless EA introduces them in an EP. After all, what are they useful for in these tiny neighborhoods?

Mylita
    Point. Still in the picture I linked, what we see is clearly a red car.10632824_1469206930017766_3810986409810156747_n.jpg?oh=b6110ae1ab2e2bb4171d4e3cc2f42b50&oe=547631D9&__gda__=1417176032_ce5af9091983222bf93c20d2858a7af0

It's just like boiling a frog! If you try to throw a frog in a warm pot it'll hop right out! But if you put it in mild water and warm it up slowly, the frog won't understand what's happening until it is too late!
  • Options
    It was deco. Moving deco, but deco. Like the tram. Like the steamboat. Like the ducks in the water and the butterflies, they are effects used to make the neighborhood seem a vibrant and lively place. There are toys for children that are cars, there are deco cars it appears in buy mode. There are no actual, useable, driveable vehicles. There is the rocket which is essentially a rabbithole with a text adventure.

Oh well then thanks for telling me. Let's face it why would anyone need a car when you got a completely useless woohoo rabbithole rocketship? XD (Sarcasm)
  • Options
    Maybe they'll introduce Segways because Segways are an elegant mode of transportation and nobody looks goofy on a Segway.

Hmm undergrounds would be nice, like in Late Night.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited August 2014
    The Sims 4 base-game does not have any cars or other methods of transportation like buses, carpools, taxis and bikes. The cars you see in pictures are decor like the steamboat and the cart :)

Sims will teleport to lots and walk off the screen to work and school
  • Options
    DarchitectDarchitect Posts: 523 Member
    If you watch gameplay videos, the sims just disappear off the lot. They teleport.
  • Options
    If you watch gameplay videos, the sims just disappear off the lot. They teleport.

Doesn't a carpool or a school bus come to pick them up?
  • Options
    mulboromulboro Posts: 2,012 Member
    Maybe they'll introduce Segways because Segways are an elegant mode of transportation and nobody looks goofy on a Segway.
    They see me roll on-- my segway...
    What'd you just say??
    8d7.gif
  • Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Posts: 1,223 Member
    Of course, you can--maybe--use the enlarge cheat to turn a car from the toy box into something sim-sized. Just don't try driving it without taking the test first..

Seriously though, just another EA scam like the 'aliens' in their latest promo video..
    9c1d242c-c6d4-48fa-a82e-53ea24a39377_zpse2967e49.jpg?t=1409877900
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited August 2014
    Nope, no carpool, no school bus.

Mylita

Edited to add: One of the gurus, Graham?, said the enlarge cheat is not in the game for us to use. Disappointing I know. /sigh
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Yeah, there will be no cars in the base game but there may be cars in an expansion pack. For now, the cars are just decor.
  • Options
    Dec3338Dec3338 Posts: 180 Member
    I haven't read or seen anything about cars in the sims4. So I think the cars you see are just for deco.

bears.gif
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Maybe if "Fast Lane" has sold well, the cars will return in an EP. They could create big lots with streets and introduce a Formula 1 career. I would like that!
  • Options

Mylita

Edited to add: One of the gurus, Graham?, said the enlarge cheat is not in the game for us to use. Disappointing I know. /sigh
    I don't really mind the lack of cars, but seriously Sims teleporting is just unrealstic ...

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    These Sims don't even get the courtesy of a car pool.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

Hmm I was and still am going to buy the Premium Edition. Even if the game is bad in the end, which I honestly doubt, still think it just needs more time, I will get it. I was too young to ever buy any other previous Sims games, I was born a year after Sims 1 was released, I'm not letting this opportunity pass. If I regret it I'll just regret it, it's only a game after all..
  • Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    edited August 2014

Hmm I was and still am going to buy the Premium Edition. Even if the game is bad in the end, which I honestly doubt, still think it just needs more time, I will get it. I was too young to ever buy any other previous Sims games, I was born a year after Sims 1 was released, I'm not letting this opportunity pass. If I regret it I'll just regret it, it's only a game after all..

You're 12? You're not allowed to be on the forums...

• Options

You're 12? You're not allowed to be on the forums...
    No 13. My birthday is on Nevember, so practically 14... Wasn't TS1 released on 1999?
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member

Mylita

Actually Graham said he made a mistake, that he was told the enlarge cheat would be in the game, they just need to fix it...sleep-010.gif
  • Options
    NikoBellicNikoBellic Posts: 41 Member
    @Dasakala
    No, The Sims 1 was released in 2000.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @Dasakala
    No, The Sims 1 was released in 2000.
    Hmm I thought all Sims franchises followed a 5 year pattern. Like Sims 3 is from 2009-2014. That's when TS4 comes out. I think I saw this on the curtisparadisshow if I remember well. Maybe I'm mistaken, who knows. I just thought that 2009-5=2004-5=1999.
  • Options
    NikoBellicNikoBellic Posts: 41 Member
    edited August 2014
    @Dasakala
    Good theory, but looks like The Sims 1 was a bit different. It was released in February,
    I wasn't entirely sure because I didn't follow this series from the beginning, but I checked SimsWiki and Wikipedia and they both share the same info. I know Wikis aren't always the most reliable source of information, but it's difficult to find any info about TS1 elsewhere.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    In TS2, taxis and cars were rendered obsolete by the "Walk to" interaction that came with Bon Voyage, I guess technically they have added the function from the beginning now. Perhaps if they added a reason in an EP to necessitate it, such as vehicular transport to travel between certain towns (such as a car for free travel between towns anytime, but have to buy a car, taxi for travel any time for a high fare, and bus for travel at certain times of the day for a low fare and a negative moodlet/emotion for snobs), or if there was a timelapse of a few sim hours by walking between towns that can be negated by transport.