Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will cars really be gone from TS4?

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    GurlGamer05GurlGamer05 Posts: 336 Member
    No. The Sims 1 was released February 4, 2000
  • Options
    DasakalaDasakala Posts: 126 Member
    No. The Sims 1 was released February 4, 2000
    HA TO ALL OF YA! XD. Thanks.
    It's just like boiling a frog! If you try to throw a frog in a warm pot it'll hop right out! But if you put it in mild water and warm it up slowly, the frog won't understand what's happening until it is too late!
  • Options
    PancakeBobPancakeBob Posts: 75 Member
    edited August 2014
    i'm not trying to make any conclusions here but a lot of people who are saying that ts3 is very slow and unplayable don't have good computers. if your computer is good it'll handle the game well. mine does. i agree ts3 is very demanding game but my computer is pretty decent and plays it smoothly. i own all eps and sps, some store content and nraas story progression with all add-ons and it still runs smoothly.
  • Options
    PancakeBob wrote: »
    i'm not trying to make any conclusions here but a lot of people who are saying that ts3 is very slow and unplayable don't have good computers. if your computer is good it'll handle the game well. mine does. i agree ts3 is very demanding game but my computer is pretty decent and plays it smoothly. i own all eps and sps, some store content and nraas story progression with all add-ons and it still runs smoothly.

I've seen people with monster computers struggle with TS3. It's just really glitchy.
    It's just like boiling a frog! If you try to throw a frog in a warm pot it'll hop right out! But if you put it in mild water and warm it up slowly, the frog won't understand what's happening until it is too late!
  • Options
    DarchitectDarchitect Posts: 523 Member
    Dasakala wrote: »

I've seen people with monster computers struggle with TS3. It's just really glitchy.

TS3 had some pretty bad code design decisions, but the actual routing systems in the open worlds was a huge problem as well. Mostly it was that whoever designed the worlds did a bad job with the routing paint and home design. Ellacharmed fixed pretty much every world available. You can find her stuff over at MTS. EA and Maxis produced some really shoddy work. Island Paradise was particularly famous for being horribly laggy. Dragon Valley was another.

I just want to have 5 minutes with Maxis and ask, "How do you feel when you sell customers broken content? Do you ever play test your work? Because it certainly doesn't look like it."

• Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited August 2014
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    The Sims 4 base-game does not have any cars or other methods of transportation like buses, carpools, taxis and bikes. The cars you see in pictures are decor like the steamboat and the cart :)

Sims will teleport to lots and walk off the screen to work and school
    I agree 100%. And that is also why I don't see them ever adding cars in a future EP. They would be a useless as that potted plant in the corner of your living room. Pretty to look at, but non functional.

Edited to add: do Sims even walk to the edge of the lot? I suspect they'll just teleport to the new one once the loading screen is done.

Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    Nik24X7 wrote: »
    The Sims 4 base-game does not have any cars or other methods of transportation like buses, carpools, taxis and bikes. The cars you see in pictures are decor like the steamboat and the cart :)

I agree 100%. And that is also why I don't see them ever adding cars in a future EP. They would be a useless as that potted plant in the corner of your living room. Pretty to look at, but non functional.

Edited to add: do Sims even walk to the edge of the lot? I suspect they'll just teleport to the new one once the loading screen is done.

They teleport about 2 inches out of their front door.
  • Options
    DarchitectDarchitect Posts: 523 Member
    Nik24X7 wrote: »

They teleport about 2 inches out of their front door.

Yeah, I wish they'd at least walk to the edge of the lot before they fade out of existence.
  • Options
    PancakeBobPancakeBob Posts: 75 Member
    edited September 2014

perhaps i'm just very lucky then. but my pc which isn't even THAT great (8gb ram, intel i7, nvidia geforce gtx 770 you get the picture a good pc but second tier compared to alienware and other more expensive pcs) plays the game on the highest settings without lag. i have all eps, sps, some store content and twallan's story progression with all add-ons.
    i usually see people with 2gb ram and intel pentium processors that have problems.
    on my old pc i could play the game without lag but then i got some eps, store content, cc and the game became slower, full of glitches, eventually started freezing and crashing. of course it was everybody's fault but i never thought the main reason could be my computer. after i bought new one i experience none of this. i know ts3 is poorly coded but it's not unplayable. a better pc will do.
  • Options
    SweetJealousySweetJealousy Posts: 362 Member
    I have an i5 with a decent-ish video card and Sims 3 ran just fine for me. The only main issues I've had with it is when I go crazy and downloaded corrupt custom content. And it runs fine when I have 20-30 tabs open up on Chrome. I'm terrible about closing out my tabs, thinking I'll need it at some point. And then I don't reboot my computer for weeks on end. And Sims 3 still ran alright.
  • Options
    SweetJealousySweetJealousy Posts: 362 Member
    I have an i5 with a decent-ish video card and Sims 3 ran just fine for me. The only main issues I've had with it is when I go crazy and downloaded corrupt custom content. And it runs fine when I have 20-30 tabs open up on Chrome. I'm terrible about closing out my tabs, thinking I'll need it at some point. And then I don't reboot my computer for weeks on end. And Sims 3 still ran alright.