March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    I'll be the one to ask this time; any word on results for challenge #4? :D
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • KelSimmieKelSimmie Posts: 69 Member
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    Take a look at the new guide by @ruthlesskk - she covers do-it-yourself Mansard roofs quite nicely here.

Thank you so much @BryonyRae for posting the link to this tutorial. I scrolled all the way to the top to check out the whole building tutorial and it was invaluable! If anyone has questions about any aspect of building, this is such a great resource! I just got done with it (slow reader) and I feel a lot more informed about how everything works, They even have the pool tutorial posted already! From exterior to interior, they have everything! Again, thank you ever so much for posting this!
    SimtechiorDesignsSignature.jpg
    Simtechior Designs ~ Prim and Proper, Eclectic, Functional, or Lived-In Comfy... ~ Origin/TS4 Forum ID: KelSimmie
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Attention Expert Entrants - A Ghostly Design Results are now up on Winner's Circle

**Links are not included yet. I'm headed out of town and wanted to get results posted before I left. I'll fix when I return on Sunday.
  • KelSimmieKelSimmie Posts: 69 Member
    Attention Expert Entrants - A Ghostly Design Results are now up on Winner's Circle

**Links are not included yet. I'm headed out of town and wanted to get results posted before I left. I'll fix when I return on Sunday.

Congrats to all the Expert Winners and Entrants! The feedback sounds wonderful! I'll have to go back to the entries and peek at the designs again! =)
    SimtechiorDesignsSignature.jpg
    Simtechior Designs ~ Prim and Proper, Eclectic, Functional, or Lived-In Comfy... ~ Origin/TS4 Forum ID: KelSimmie
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,988 Member
    edited November 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 5
    FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: The Savannah Estate

SIM: The Olsens Parents
    http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/slideshow/Olsens Part 2/The Olsens Parents
    http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/library/Olsens Part 2/The Olsens Parents

Leroy is active, gloomy and an art lover with a high metabolism, he aspires to be a bodybuilder. I have shown him in his den watching hockey on his favourite sports channel.
    Having the painter extraordinaire aspiration, muser Charlotte is creative good and a perfectionist. She is pictured in her sewing room trying on the dress she has just made.
    Vivian aspires to be a best selling author, her traits are muser, bookworm, cheerful and loves the outdoors. She is relaxing in her coastal/eclectic home reading her favourite book.

ROOM: N/A

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:
    http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/slideshow/Olsens Part 2
    http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/masajo1/library/Olsens Part 2

ENTRY DETAILS:
    Main house 'Savannah' remains in original place with the original driveway (I designed this with the new builds in mind), but added a new patio and pool at the rear with the remaining funds. I designed the two new homes in a Colonial style to 'fit in' with the main house.
    Vivian's house, being coastal/eclectic, is mainly decorated in a sunny yellow and pale blue to reflect the sun and sea. The greenhouse is attached to her home and accessed from the kitchen with double doors leading outside to the patio.
    Leroy and Charlotte's house is decorated with arts and crafts in mind and on a single floor with no clutter to allow Charlotte easy access throughout.
    Total build cost is 222,905 simoleons.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC
    Post edited by masajo on
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member
    Camera Man mode is so difficult to get used to. Currently not taken any pictures because of this! I could take a while haha.
  • EEtheridgeEEtheridge Posts: 585 Member
    Congrats to all the Expert winners for their awesome Ghostly Designs.
    MyTS4Signature_zpsa6ba606a.jpg
    View my homes in the Gallery, Origin ID: EEtheridge
  • CreepsaCreepsa Posts: 30 Member
    Congrats to all the winners on challenge #4!
  • benlow11benlow11 Posts: 83 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #:5
    FORUM ID: benlow11
    ORIGIN ID: benlow11
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: The Olsen complex
    SIM: Olsen
    ROOM:NA
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:http://www.slideshare.net/benlow11/the-olsen-complex
    ENTRY DETAILS:The Olsen complex consists of three colonial style home with three different style interiors. The main home was built for buildnshare3 and has not been changed. Leroy and Charlotte's home was built with an arts and crafts interior and with Charlotte's walker in mind. The home features warm woods, wide doorways, and only one rug so mostly smooth floors so Charlotte should have no trouble getting around. The half bath is also located right next to her sewing room so she doesn't have to travel far when she needs to use the restroom. Vivian's home was built with a coastal/eclectic interior so it has a lot of blues and greens, with a little bit of pink mixed in. Vivian's home also features an attached greenhouse with three doors: one to the kitchen, one to the half bath, and one to outside. This way Vivian can bring fresh fruits and vegetables straight into the kitchen, go into the half bath to clean up, or go outside to look for seeds or tend other plants. There is also plenty of seating outside for everyone to socialize and get some sunshine. Both patio areas on the in-laws homes feature sunroofs, both for aesthetic purposes and to allow the Olsen's and Vivian to get some sunshine or look at the stars without having to travel far. Both homes are also one story so none of them have to go up any stairs.
    I gave Vivian the last name Smith because she is Judy's mom and I did not remember seeing a last name for her anywhere.
    Price before the additions: 99,872
    Cost of in-law suites: 124,648
    Total cost: 224,520
    Gallery Price: 214,520
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited November 2014
    CHALLENGE #:5
    FORUM ID:pammiechick
    ORIGIN ID: pammiechick
    LEVEL: Starter
    LOT: Olsen Colonial 2
    SIMS: Olsen and Inlaws
    ROOM ENTRY: Greenhouse Beauty

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s259.photobucket.com/user/pamcalvert/slideshow/buildnshare5?sort=6

**Please note--these designs/floorplans were off of real modern colonial homes--hence the open floor plan in Vivian's home.

ENTRY DETAILS:
    First up was Vivian's coastal eclectic inspired interior. She likes to use modern, Victorian, Mediterranean as well as shabby chic touches. The open floor plan provides a sense of space inside a tiny home and it's perfect for Vivian's use. She has a book-filled living area, dining, kitchen and guest bath on the first floor. On the second floor is her study with many book shelves. See if you can find her pink, web-footed friend! On the same floor is her master bedroom and bath. Outside features a beautiful greenhouse that feeds into the main house as well as the elder Olsen's home. Next, Leroy and Charlotte's home has an earthy, craftsman inspired interior. Following a colonial floor plan with craftsman touches, it features a den for Leroy's large screen tv, formal dining, kitchen, sewing room, master with bathroom and even a spacious closet. Leroy was happy I could create a carport for his beloved truck. And what's that in his front yard? A llama?

CC: I used items from Provence Living Room, Shabby Chic living room, and Dining Mediterranean Experience from The Sims Resource

2dabq01.jpg
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Don_OelloDon_Oello Posts: 269 Member
    great entries so far, I just got my exteriors ready. they fit well with the main house. now i only need to finish the time consuming interiors with 75k left
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
  • NvZantenNvZanten Posts: 10 New Member
    > @FaithofKaela said:
    > ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #3
    >
    > Just to let you know that the Expert results for challenge #3 are now available here.

Thank you so much for making me the winner of the first Olsen challenge! :smiley:
    I never expected to be considered for the expert nominations. Thank you for the wonderful review and I'll keep the improvements in mind for my next build.
    I'm sorry for the late reply, but unfortunately RL got in the way of anything Sims related. :neutral_face:
  • Simming_SpoonieSimming_Spoonie Posts: 1,923 Member
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #4 - A GHOSTLY DESIGN

Your results are now available here.
    Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instgram
  • celdys0nceldys0n Posts: 107 Member
    Congrats to the winners of the Established category!! Thank you judges for your feedback, guess I'll see about fixing my slideshows when I come around back to playing
  • RachelShennanRachelShennan Posts: 163 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: RachelShennan
    ORIGIN ID: RachelShennan

LEVEL: Established?

LOT: Dual Homes (Can be found under my origin ID)

SIM: N/A

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://simmershenn.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/sims-4-build-n-share-challenge-5.html

ENTRY DETAILS: $124,009 was the total value Never entered the first challenge of this so just decided to make this on a 20x30 lot. Also my first colonial style, not quite sure if I managed to hit it but I tried! Definitely gave myself more time to do this challenge so is much better than my last entry, which looking back on was actually quite terrible! Anyway, quite enjoyed this although found getting a coastal and eclectic interior to be difficult and it looks like that should be the interior to my arts and crafts house. Love my wee greenhouse too. Although I found getting a decent sized garden for both houses difficult. Tried my best with the build and explored a lot of build mode this time. Also tried using camera man mode which was a first! so please don't judge my picture taking skills too much haha.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC used.

11-11-14_11-13%C2%A0PM.png
  • DatkidDatkid Posts: 430 Member
    Congrats to all the winners! :smile:
    Also thanks for the feedback! I'll take it into consideration during the next challenge I enter. Good luck to everyone in Challenge #5, all the entries look amazing!
    Have a look at my gallery yeah? JUMANJIKID
    ap2le.gif
  • NvZantenNvZanten Posts: 10 New Member
    edited November 2014
    > @RachelShennan said:
    > OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    > CHALLENGE #: 5
    >
    > FORUM ID: RachelShennan
    > ORIGIN ID: RachelShennan
    >
    > LEVEL: Established?
    >
    > LOT: Dual Homes (Can be found under my origin ID)
    >
    > SIM: N/A
    > ROOM: N/A
    >
    > LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: simmershenn.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/sims-4-build-n-share-challenge-5.html
    >
    > ENTRY DETAILS: $124,009 was the total value Never entered the first challenge of this so just decided to make this on a 20x30 lot. Also my first colonial style, not quite sure if I managed to hit it but I tried! Definitely gave myself more time to do this challenge so is much better than my last entry, which looking back on was actually quite terrible! Anyway, quite enjoyed this although found getting a coastal and eclectic interior to be difficult and it looks like that should be the interior to my arts and crafts house. Love my wee greenhouse too. Although I found getting a decent sized garden for both houses difficult. Tried my best with the build and explored a lot of build mode this time. Also tried using camera man mode which was a first! so please don't judge my picture taking skills too much haha.
    >
    > CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC used.

I really like your build. I love how you managed to make two houses on a smallish lot without making it feel crowded. Good luck on your entry. :smile:
  • KittKat7147KittKat7147 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Expert Entrants - please note a small change to the results for challenge #4 due to your judge (me) not reading the challenge details closely enough. Oops :s (especially @masajo and @Rostri-Jodu)
  • Don_OelloDon_Oello Posts: 269 Member
    edited November 2014
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #5
    FORUM ID: Don_Oello
    ORIGIN ID: Don_Oello
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: Olsen Colonial Estate V2
    SIM: Olsen V2
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s283.photobucket.com/user/El_Oello/slideshow/Sims 4 Showcase/BnS 5 The Olsens part 2

ENTRY DETAILS:

The parents have arrived! Don & Judy have built a long walker friendly bungalow for Don's parents complete with a den for Leroy and a sewing room for charlotte. they also built a smaller bungalow for Judy's mother Vivian with enough books to read for at least a year :p and a greenhouse with superb lighting, great to get high on some dutch green stuff B) LOL B)
    Built on the same lot so starting price is $99382, that means I can get to a maximum price of $224382
    Both the smaller houses fit with the style of the main house and I made use of the interior critics I got in BnS3, the rooms have now a more cohesive feel.
    Final building cost: $221507
    mh0CjH8.png
    Check out my showcase
  • simhead70simhead70 Posts: 614 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID:simhead70

ORIGIN ID:simhead70

LEVEL: Starting out

LOT: Olsen's Family BNS 5

SIM:Olsen's BNS 5
    Leroy and Charlot ( Don's parents) and Vivian (Judy's mother)

ROOM: Vivian's Greenhouse BNS 5

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s1349.photobucket.com/user/angelg70/slideshow/Build and Share 5?sort=6

ENTRY DETAILS: This is the add on homes that Mr and Mrs Olsen needed for their extended families. Made two separate homes on the Olsen's lot to accommodate the need for privacy between the families. Separated by a beautiful backyard and Pool area for relaxation and a few family gatherings. Each home has 1 and a half baths. And is decorated to their style's in mind. Vivian loves her garden and greenhouse. Charllette's sewing room is roomy enough for more room to grow. The extra cost was 112,264.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: NoCC
    b141edb2-262e-48c6-a432-99db802758b0_zpspfbmwyih.jpg
  • DieterPrivateDieterPrivate Posts: 459 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #: 5 - The Olson's Part Two
    FORUM ID: DieterPrivate
    ORIGIN ID: DieterPrivate
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Dutch Colonial Covers
    SIM: Olson
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Sway Presentation > If it doesn't work, please tell me. Sway is currently in preview and I think I love it!
    ENTRY DETAILS: I had two shells fairly quick, but then the challenge came: Charlotte needs a walker! I forgot that for a moment and I needed to make the first floor bigger to fit in all the rooms she needs access too. Now Dutch Colonial architecture is mostly two floors, so it's really not common to have a really big first floor. I have redone the roofs so many times just to get it right and facing some 'undoable' roofs during the process. But it all came together, and I'm very proud of what I have achieved. For the landscaping, I did go another route than I normally do. I started placing random stuff, replaced them, and stopped doing it the moment I thought it was right. From there on, I added more details to make it look more natural. Ow, and one last thing. I was totally confused about the budget! I saw the gallery price and thought that I could add more, so I went adding stuff to later find out I forgot the lot price. So I had to lower it by replacing stuff, or deleting small things. At the end, this confusing was a good thing, as I wouldn't have added the pond and some other stuff. Total Cost §224.900
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Didn't use any

00%20Title.png
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Everybody's entries look fabulous! I got started late because I didn't think I'd have time to do the build at all. But, well, I couldn't resist trying anyway. I'm only finished with Leroy & Charlotte's home and half of Vivian's, plus around 15% of the landscaping for both. So, I don't think I'm going to make the deadline. However, I'm still going to complete the build because I LOVE what I have so far. Good luck everyone! :)
  • LavenderLavender Posts: 73 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Lavender
    ORIGIN ID: Lavenderspirit22
    LEVEL: Starting out
    LOT: Olsen's Compound
    SIM: N/A
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://s196.photobucket.com/user/Lavenderspirit2/slideshow/Sims 4 Build and Share 5
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS:
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    @Karababy52 Keep going!!!!!!!!!!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    Everybody's builds are looking so good. I'll have to go back too see everyone's, but the one's I have seen look great. @DieterPrivate I love, love, love your roofs and that big bay window in Vivian's living room.

@Lavener I really loved the layout of both of your builds. And really enjoyed the flamingo in the entryway of Vivian's place :) Very playful. And you mention of Leroy's favorite chair reminded me so much of my dad and his chair IRL. :)
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top