Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    edited November 2020
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – 143

FORUM ID: @icanhasims
    ORIGIN ID: icanhassims
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Von-Windenburg Estate in Windenburg
    NEW LOT LINK: Wainwright B&B
    LOT COST: 12,000
    GALLERY COST: 300,830
    TOTAL COST: 312,830
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/143-bed-and-breakfast.html
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    The Wainwright B&B has six rooms to rent out (two of them deluxe, two normal, and two shared) as well as two separate cabins for guests requesting a little more privacy. Shared areas include the kitchen/morning nook, laundry, dining, formal living room, entertainment room, office study, porches, and backyard with large natural pond and hot tub. In addition, there are two bedrooms in the attic specifically for the family of the estate, which includes one adult room and one children's room with a shared bathroom.

I didn’t realize until after uploading that my room entry was over budget and so I went back and changed the one cabin, but left me with more money, not less. I did change the images in my slideshow to match the new cabin room. However, if you download from the gallery it’ll still show the old cabin.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!
    PICTURES:
    11-04-20-5-06-00-pm_orig.png
    11-04-20-5-06-15-pm.png
    11-04-20-5-06-29-pm.png

Post edited by icanhassims on
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • Options
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – 143: Viviana and Noah Wainwright

FORUM ID: @icanhassims
    HOUSEHOLD: The Wainwrights
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/143-bed-and-breakfast.html
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    I assumed that because they inherited such a large estate that these sims would be fairly well off. However, they'd also be running a B&B and need to present as warm and welcoming. So I decided to really tone down their fashion choices without forcing them to be something they weren't.

Viviana is focused on keeping her lineage going so that she can continue to pass down the estate to future generations. Whereas Noah is focused on getting (and staying) well off financially, also in hopes of passing down the fortune to future generations.

They're both cheerful people and enjoy food and art together. Noah's outgoing nature is a great trait for hosting while Viviana's creative side help keeps the grounds beautiful and up to date.
    PICTURES:
    the-wrainwrights_orig.jpg
    wainwright-attributes_orig.png
    noah-wainwright-outfits_orig.png
    viviana-wainwright-outfits_orig.png
  • Options
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – 143: Guesthouse

FORUM ID: @icanhassims
    ROOM: Cozy Cabin Room
    GALLERY COST: 14,982
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    I’m not quite happy with this cabin but it’s what I could do with the budget I had and still make it somewhat match the more comfortable cabin next to it.
    PICTURES:
    11-04-20-8-05-522-pm_orig.png
  • Options
    AGamerzzGirlAGamerzzGirl Posts: 1 New Member
    FORUM ID:AGamerzzGirl
    ORIGIN ID:agamerzzgirl

LEVEL:

SIMS 4 LOT NAME: VON-WINDENBURG-ESTATE

NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/06145616201A11EB87566119CC9F00CD?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=agamerzzgirl&max=50&maxis=false

LOT COST: After i evicted the family and went into build/buy mode and demolished it, it started out as $12,000

GALLERY COST: I don't know if you need this one or the other one. Before i uploaded to gallery the cost was $147,949

TOTAL COST: I'm pretty sure this would be lot and gallery $158,746

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://agamerzgirl07.wixsite.com/xobabygirlsimxo/sim-challenges

ENTRY DETAILS: The Wainwright Estate BnB has six rooms to rent out (4 Rooms on the Second floor) as well as two separate guest houses with bathrooms for those who request a little more privacy. As well as two attic rooms for the Wainwright's. Shared areas include the kitchen, laundry, dining, living room, main upstairs, study, porch, 2 inside bathrooms and backyard with large pool and bonfire even some gardening as well.

​First floor includes- Shared Living room, Shared Kitchen, Shared Dining, Shared Laundry, Shared Bathroom, Shared Study.

Second floor includes- Main second floor area with different skill/entertainment/hobby objects, Guest Room One, Two, Three and Four are on this lvl, Shared Bathroom.

​Third floor inclues - These are the attic rooms, 2 Bedrooms and 1 Bathroom

​Left Guest House includes - Private Bedroom and Bathroom

​Right Guest House includes - Private Bedroom and Bathroom

​Back Yard includes - A patio area with tables and a fancy grill so they can host barbecue's, A Large Pool, Gardening Boxes and a Large Bonfire.

​With all rooms combined there is a total of 8 Bedrooms, 5 Bathrooms, 1 Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, Laundry, Study and Main Hang out upstairs.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!!

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: I did not use any CC or recolors.

TWITTER TAG: do not have one

FACEBOOK PROFILE: https://www.facebook.com/xoBabyGirlSims (This is where i post all of my Sim stuff)

TUMBLR LINK: My main Tumblr is - https://www.tumblr.com/blog/agamerzgirl

SPACE FOR PICTURES: I hope i did this right
    https://imgur.com/tikBcmY
    https://imgur.com/Cp2D66Q
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    EVxjqb3.png
    Attention Master Entrants for #142 - Fall Designer Showdown

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »
    tatselk wrote: »
    Hi, I have a couple of quick questions about the B&B challenge.

1. For the build challenge, do we need to do exactly 2 guesthouses? Or can we have more than 2 guesthouses?

2. For the room challenge, is the 15,000 budget supposed to cover a living/dining/kitchen/sleeping space or all of that AND a bathroom?

1. If you.really want to do more and the budget allows, go for it.
    2. it covers e verything. You just have to delete a wall to upload as a room.

Thanks for the clarification.

Also, just 1 more question, the budget is 350,000 and the estate is inherited. If I build on a lot that costs 10,000, does this mean that the maximum gallery cost is 350,000 and the maximum cost in build mode is 360,000?

Sorry for all the questions!
  • Options
    soloushensoloushen Posts: 41 Member

1. For the build challenge, do we need to do exactly 2 guesthouses? Or can we have more than 2 guesthouses?

2. For the room challenge, is the 15,000 budget supposed to cover a living/dining/kitchen/sleeping space or all of that AND a bathroom?

Also, just 1 more question, the budget is 350,000 and the estate is inherited. If I build on a lot that costs 10,000, does this mean that the maximum gallery cost is 350,000 and the maximum cost in build mode is 360,000?

The budget for build n share always includes the lot as part of the total budget so with your $10000 lot cost, you will have $340000 for the actual build.
    On the build entry form you have this section:
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and gallery cost added together - total should be at or BELOW the challenge budget)

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    soloushen wrote: »

The budget for build n share always includes the lot as part of the total budget so with your $10000 lot cost, you will have $340000 for the actual build.
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and gallery cost added together - total should be at or BELOW the challenge budget)

Hope this helps!

Noted, thanks!

Have to go into my WIP to find some cheaper substitutes then...

• Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    soloushen wrote: »

Hope this helps!

True unless stated otherwise. Which it wasn't in this case. :smiley:
    image.png
  • Options
    Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member

I just noticed that I had not filled the "level" line for the previous challenge (BNS142). Sorry :)
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited November 2020
    fcuRqPI.png
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #142 - Fall Designer Showdown
    Your results are now available here

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    edited November 2020
    @BuildnShare ,What happened to the results for Established BnS#141 A Small Family in Need ?
    Post edited by Pinkusfamily on
  • Options
    MaryKupMaryKup Posts: 119 Member
    @BuildnShare. Did I do something wrong to not be considered for the Fall Designer Showcase? My entry was on time
  • Options
    MaryKup wrote: »
    @BuildnShare. Did I do something wrong to not be considered for the Fall Designer Showcase? My entry was on time

You were promoted to Established, so your entry hasn't been judged yet. :D
    image.png
  • Options
    MaryKupMaryKup Posts: 119 Member
    Oh I didn't know that, thanks so much :)
  • Options
    MaryKup wrote: »
    Oh I didn't know that, thanks so much :)

You're welcome!
    image.png
  • Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    @BuildnShare ,What happened to the results for Established BnS#141 A Small Family in Need ?

@BuildnShare I have been wondering the same. Are the rest of the results for 141 coming soon?
  • Options
    KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    I think because Established is now the biggest entry category, it takes them longer to judge
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited November 2020
    CHALLENGE #143 - A Bed & Breakfast
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Master
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Umbrage Manor in Willow Creek
    NEW LOT LINK: Luxury Bed & Breakfast
    LOT COST: $6,500.00
    GALLERY COST: $337,345.00
    TOTAL COST: $343,845.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: A Bed & Breakfast
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Noah and Viviana's old Colonial house has been fully renovated into a beautiful new Bed & Breakfast. It has been modernized as requested. By "modernized" I mean: each bedroom has been given it's own attached full bathroom and there have been many modern day features and activities added to upgrade the home. The house is located in Pendula View, the historical section of Willow Creek, on the Umbrage Manor corner lot. The House still has a classic elegance on the interior, making the guests (as well as Noah & Viviana) feel like they are living in the lap of luxury. The walls are decorated with geographical, travel, and postage stamp artwork throughout the home. This home features a sunny breakfast room, formal dining, and living room. Library, office, large communal kitchen, game room, laundry facilities for the guests, evening lounge, theater, table game room, gym, and sauna. I have created a beautiful communal living and entertaining space in the back yard for the guests to enjoy as well. Adding a snack bar, hot tub, loungers, chess tables, as well as tables for seating or enjoying a snack. I have renovated the two old one room cabins into guest houses, giving them plumbing as well. This was a huge project but was very enjoyable, as my first love in the game was building Colonial houses :)
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All nocc artwork was made by myself
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    UkvP0cN.png
    a2p8U19.png
    Post edited by AlJay on
  • Options
    Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    CHALLENGE – 143
    FORUM ID: @Jazmi1396
    ORIGIN ID: Jazmi1396
    LEVEL: Established? (i dont know, help me with this please :smile: )
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Magnolia Blossom - Willow Creek
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/969BE31D25F311EB85B505BB85D44FD3?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=Bed & Breakfast&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT COST: 25,000
    GALLERY COST: 308,960
    TOTAL COST: 333,960
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/CdYpevD
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    I wasn’t sure about the colonial style, so I looked it up on the net, and tried to do the exterior based on this. I decorated the interior with modern furniture, as requested by the owners.
    It has 4 bedrooms in the main building (2 family room, 1 room with doublebed, 1 room with 2 singlebed), each has bathroom. The kitchen is shared on the first floor, where there is a dining area, living areas, toilets and laundry. Guesthouse has 2 apartment with private bathroom and kitchen. Cozy attic rooms for the owner-family, with 2 bedroom/living room, 2 bathroom and a little kitchenette.
    (Now I see, this might be a bit big for a bedandbreakfast, but I’m very tired to rebuilding. :blush: )
    PICTURES:
    UJHn7rk.png
    deUlqhn.png
  • Options
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #143 - Bed and Breakfast
    FORUM ID: Clousinators
    ORIGIN ID: Clousinators
    LEVEL: Established (if its the same for rooms/sims/and lots)
    HOUSEHOLD: The Wainwrights
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: The Wainwright's Photos
    ENTRY DETAILS: Viviana and Noah have big dreams for their little bed and breakfast. Noah wants to build something he can pass along to their children and Viviana wants to establish the business as having some of the best food in town. More details in the slideshow.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    rRne78I.pngejrbvgn.png
  • Options
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #143 -Breakfast in Bed
    ROOM: Guest House
    GALLERY COST: $13,536
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Guest House Photos
    ENTRY DETAILS: I wanted the guest house to have a little bit of everything and with the help of MOO we have it! A small living area right at the foot of the bed, a small kitchenette with a dinning area and a small bathroom, all under the budget!!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    RKaXV2V.png
    zPuqUEF.png
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Tail's End
    NEW LOT LINK: Seaside Bed and Breakfast
    LOT COST: $3000
    GALLERY COST: $224,254
    TOTAL COST: $227,254
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Seaside B&B Pictures
    ENTRY DETAILS: Old colonial home with a modern twist. This lot has 8 bedrooms. (two for the family in the attic, two in separate guest houses and 4 for guests). I used hotels I've been to in the past as inspiration for the rooms and bathrooms. Most of the house details I put in the slideshow descriptions. I did have problems uploading some of the pictures but there should still be plenty.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, Please
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    AE39T21.png
    MvWXwuF.png
  • Options

FORUM ID: tatselk

ORIGIN ID: tatselk

LEVEL: Starting Out

SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Oakenstead

NEW LOT LINK: Oakenstead Plantation ( https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/AB0F24AC210411EB887FF8716E6D1AC6 )

LOT COST: 10,000

GALLERY COST: 339,374

TOTAL COST: 349,374

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:

https://tatselk.tumblr.com/post/634744636818194432/oakenstead-plantation-pt-1
    https://tatselk.tumblr.com/post/634747685892718592/oakenstead-plantation-pt-2

ENTRY DETAILS:

This charming bed and breakfast offers a peaceful retreat for travellers in Willow Creek.

Principal rooms of the main house are as follows: a shared kitchen, a shared dining room, a shared living room, 1 family suite (containing 2 bedrooms), 1 double suite, 1 twin suite, 2 bedrooms for the family and a living/dining/kitchen space for the family.

The secondary house has an office for the bed and breakfast’s staff on the first floor and an art studio on the second floor.

Each of the 2 guesthouses contain a sleeping/living/dining/kitchen space and a bathroom.

Inspired by French Colonial plantation houses in Louisiana.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please

TWITTER TAG: N/A

FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A

TUMBLR LINK: https://tatselk.tumblr.com/

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

a51118ace5781facf4a4598bedda4b6163f589c6.jpg

651eb04f8a60709d89c98ae16fc330dcaea90d81.jpg
  • Options

SIM ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: tatselk

ORIGIN ID: tatselk

LEVEL: Starting Out

HOUSEHOLD: Mr and Mrs Wainwright ( https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/74766D45219311EB87236119CC9F00CD )

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://tatselk.tumblr.com/post/634748433010393088/mr-and-mrs-wainwright

ENTRY DETAILS:

Oakenstead Plantation has been continuously owned by the Destremas family (ie one of the great old-money families in Willow Creek), since it was first built more than 200 years ago.

Unfortunately, the previous owner of Oakenstead Plantation had run up quite a lot of debt in trying to prop up the Destremas family’s crumbling business empire.

Following his death, his only daughter, Viviana Wainwright (nee Destremas) had sold off most of the plantation to raise money to pay off these debts. Viviana and her husband, Noah Wainwright, then turned Oakenstead Plantation into a small but charming bed and breakfast.

As both Wainwrights are Family-Oriented, they thought that it would be a good idea to run a business from home. They could probably take better care of any future little Wainwrights that way.

Plus, as Viviana is keen on pursuing her artistic dreams, she could supplement the family income by offering art lessons at the bed and breakfast.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please

TWITTER TAG: N/A

FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A

TUMBLR LINK: https://tatselk.tumblr.com/

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

ae7aa31fac53ae5616c6e06736d7b4cc829eb11c.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file