Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    Haha! A shoe!
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Haha! A shoe!
    Yep, a shoe :wink:

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    I love the creativity of this assignment. It will be great fun to watch! :smiley:
  • Options
    Rawla wrote: »
    I love the creativity of this assignment. It will be great fun to watch! :smiley:
    Thanks @Rawla, this challenge was created by the very talented and creative @StSciurus.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello :)
    I came to the thread to get the details of the new challenge so that I could update the builds challenges thread, and I just wanted to say that reading your new challenge made me smile! The shoe themed builds sound great! Happy building to everyone!
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello :)
    I came to the thread to get the details of the new challenge so that I could update the builds challenges thread, and I just wanted to say that reading your new challenge made me smile! The shoe themed builds sound great! Happy building to everyone!
    Glad that you like it @rosemow and thank you for keeping the build challenges thread updated <3

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    #Bn73 is going to be quite a challenge. :) Goodluck everyone for #Bn72 :)
  • Options
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR #BNS72 - REUSE AND RECYCLE @ THE GYM
    Your results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    CreepsaCreepsa Posts: 30 Member
    @FoundMarbles thank you! If I'm not mistaken then it came with either GTW or Get Together, it's called something something park-o-meter? And I can really relate to the losing things situation, I wonder what will happen in a few years when there are even more packs...
  • Options
    FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    Creepsa wrote: »
    @FoundMarbles thank you! If I'm not mistaken then it came with either GTW or Get Together, it's called something something park-o-meter? And I can really relate to the losing things situation, I wonder what will happen in a few years when there are even more packs...

Yup, I realized after posting they were parking meters! There are Not stolen ATMs somewhere! I will eventually find them again, I hope. (The stolen ones are wrapped in their cables) Thank you for replying!!! Not everyone will answer about their details.
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • Options
    ATTENTION STARTING OUT ENTRANTS FOR #BNS72 - REUSE AND RECYCLE @ THE GYM
    Your results are now available here.

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    bokylie1bokylie1 Posts: 804 Member
    The new challenge sounds really interesting. I think I may try and give it a go.
    Forum and Origin ID: bokylie1

• Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Creepsa wrote: »

Yup, I realized after posting they were parking meters! There are Not stolen ATMs somewhere! I will eventually find them again, I hope. (The stolen ones are wrapped in their cables) Thank you for replying!!! Not everyone will answer about their details.

@FoundMarbles , the Stolen ATM in is Misc Decorations. It is a reward for level 6 of the Criminal career, so you either have to be building on a lot with no Sims living on it or use the bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement cheat if you are building on a lot with a Sim living on it.
  • Options
    StSciurus wrote: »

@FoundMarbles , the Stolen ATM in is Misc Decorations. It is a reward for level 6 of the Criminal career, so you either have to be building on a lot with no Sims living on it or use the bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement cheat if you are building on a lot with a Sim living on it.[/quote]

The only thing about using the "Stolen" ones is that they look out of service with the cable wound around them; I know the bb codes, I just never want to use those ATMs! Thank You, though, you never know how many people might read the thread who did not know about unlocking reward items. (I put in all the cheats before I lay down the first floor, LOL I have not done a challenge yet where I didn't need to MOO things around.
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
  • Options
    bokylie1 wrote: »
    The new challenge sounds really interesting. I think I may try and give it a go.
    Welcome to Build'n'Share @bokylie1, we look forward to seeing what you create :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    edited July 2017
    StSciurus wrote: »

@FoundMarbles , the Stolen ATM in is Misc Decorations. It is a reward for level 6 of the Criminal career, so you either have to be building on a lot with no Sims living on it or use the bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement cheat if you are building on a lot with a Sim living on it.

The only thing about using the "Stolen" ones is that they look out of service with the cable wound around them; I know the bb codes, I just never want to use those ATMs! Thank You, though, you never know how many people might read the thread who did not know about unlocking reward items. (I put in all the cheats before I lay down the first floor, LOL I have not done a challenge yet where I didn't need to MOO things around.

The only "not stolen" ATM that I can find is a CC item (I googled it.). I'm not sure there are ones that came with the game. Sorry I misunderstood your ask before! :smiley:

• Options

@StSciurus , Ah Ha! that 'splains it! I must have come across the CC ATMs and thought I remembered them from the game's catalogues. I do try to avoid CC to insure my builds are accessible to anyone that cartes to use them and some CC can mess with the game as well. I did use a CC billiard table once but removed the mod right after the challenge was closed, Thank you for the troble you took on my behalf! That was very kind. :smiley:
  • Options
    @BuildnShare is it okay if the house is a pair of shoes/boots instead of 1 shoe/boot?

• Options
    edited July 2017
    @boykylie - the interpretation of the brief is totally up to you :wink: But how you are going to fit two boots/shoes on a 20*15 lot, I have no idea!! Good luck
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    @boykylie - the interpretation of the brief is totally up to you :wink: But how you are going to fit two boots/shoes on a 20*15 lot, I have no idea!! Good luck

That's for sure!! Budget is not the problem this time, but man, it is hard to fit FIVE bedrooms & Three full Baths into a shoe! I took out a cheaters permit! AKA: Artist's License. Mother Hubbard doesn't not ask much, AH! Room for 7 and a full compliment of recreations, Good Luck Everyone!
  • Options
    I have a WIP at the moment. It is coming together and I am enjoying it. I'm not a great builder and am trying to be as creative as I can be. Hoping it turns out and I can submit it.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    I am testing my house prototype and NONE of my Sims will use the front door! I tried changing it in build (MOO OFF) and I tried turning the step around but they still insist on going in the back door that is at the very back. The Front door is a side entrance. Anybody have an idea what might be wrong. (The front door goes directly into the kitchen)

EDIT: Problem finally solved! (Don't ask me how!) I kept rebuilding the front end and something went right. Sims will now go into the front door.
    Post edited by FoundMarbles on
  • Options
    I am testing my house prototype and NONE of my Sims will use the front door! I tried changing it in build (MOO OFF) and I tried turning the step around but they still insist on going in the back door that is at the very back. The Front door is a side entrance. Anybody have an idea what might be wrong. (The front door goes directly into the kitchen)

Have you clicked on the door and set it as the front door when playtesting? Sorry for suggesting it if you have.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    bokylie1 wrote: »

Have you clicked on the door and set it as the front door when playtesting? Sorry for suggesting it if you have.

Yup! Did That.

It gets worse! I took out a window beside the door. I move a waste basket from beside the front door. They still insisted on the back door SO I took away the back door and they walked right through the back wall so I took away the step AND STILL they do not want the front door. I am not getting this, at all. I deleted the game and started over on the lot next door and no behavioral change on the part of my Sims. They will just have to be Back Door Sims. My thinking is it has to do with some "Roofing" on the same level but not a part of the kitchen room. To meet challenge requirements I can not change the roof lines. Otherwise all facilities, rooms and items play well. They just act as though there is no front door. I'm just going to leave it that way. The lot is not big enough for me to see how to solve the problem though I am going to build a second edition, just to see what I can do about it.

On Edit
    So I tried a 4 story shoe, that really did not work out!

EDIT: Problem finally solved! (Don't ask me how!) I kept rebuilding the front end and something went right. Sims will now go into the front door.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @JasonAnthonySterling Can You Help: I am testing my house prototype and NONE of my Sims will use the front door! I tried changing it in build (MOO OFF) and I tried turning the step around but they still insist on going in the back door that is at the very back. The Front door is a side entrance. Anybody have an idea what might be wrong. (The front door goes directly into the kitchen)

It gets worse! I took out a window beside the door. I move a waste basket from beside the front door. They still insisted on the back door SO I took away the back door and they walked right through the back wall so I took away the step AND STILL they do not want the front door. I am not getting this, at all. I deleted the game and started over on the lot next door and no behavioral change on the part of my Sims. They will just have to be Back Door Sims. My thinking is it has to do with some "Roofing" on the same level but not a part of the kitchen room. To meet challenge requirements I can not change the roof lines. Otherwise all facilities, rooms and items play well. They just act as though there is no front door. The lot is not big enough for me to see how to solve the problem though I am going to build a second edition, just to see what I can do about it.

So I tried a 4 story shoe, (boot), that really did not work out!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top