Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Mega Thread

Comments

• Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @MathooSalamboo - I'm pretty sure that with the succession laws you've selected, the heir is selected upon the founder's death. Here's what Pinstar's intro says, "When your founder eventually dies, you will need to determine who among their children will become the next heir, the Leader of the family for the second generation." simslegacychallenge.com/sims-4-legacy-challenge-rules-succession-laws/ Some challenges require selecting the heir earlier, and with some succession laws (such as exemplar), you'll know which is the heir once all children read young adulthood, but it sounds like with merit, you will need to wait until the founder dies.

Have fun, and keep us posted on how it all works out!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Kiingyy23Kiingyy23 Posts: 326 Member
    Chapter Nine is up! xx
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    mjh4025 wrote: »
    I am not really a fan of ghosts, but maybe the sims4 ghosts will not drive me crazy. I had to already move the gravestones to an empty lot because every time someone cooked they would stop cooking to go mourn the dead. At first I thought aww how sweet. Then it just became annoying<br />
    <br />
    I haven't seen the ghosts from my family yet

Mine are all in family inventory, lol. I put the gravestone out in another game just to see the ghost but I don't want 10 ghosts running around my legacy house.

I made a cemetery across the street from the Goth house and put my tombstones there. I don't know if there are ghosts there yet as I really have no interests in ghosts since they can not have children. But who knows maybe eventually I will get into it. I was the same with supernatural until I played it then I loved it. But yeah I don't want them roaming around my legacy house either.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    not sure on ? one i stopped when i realized that a room was blocking a door. i haven't decided u've been in one neighborhood since i got the game never tried the other since the first day.

There are other legacies you can try to. Since you got through this one so fast maybe you would like the A-Z one where your founder starts with the letter A, then next gen is B ect. I think there is a link to more legacies though or you could just start another Pinstar one. I would like to follow your legacies. Let us know if you start a new one. :)
  • Options
    @Glimmer50 - You can always click the gravestone and "release spirit to the netherworld" if you don't want ghosts roaming around the property!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    This is my favourite thread here, I just wanted to let y'all know. <3
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    flowetrygurlflowetrygurl Posts: 43 Member
    I haven't been able to play much, so I haven't updated my legacy in a while. I feel guilty towards my legacy family.
  • Options
    ronnigirl67ronnigirl67 Posts: 209 Member
    This sounds like fun, great idea! I have a question....Is the founder the first generation or are his/her children the first generation?
  • Options
    MathooSalambooMathooSalamboo Posts: 14 New Member
    Thank you very much, @CathyTea for those usefull explanations ! :)

I've made a Selfacy. In my story my founder is Beatrice Crumplebottom's son and he left Moonlight Falls for Willow Creek when he turned young adult. There, he met and married Cassandra Goth (yeah, I know, I know...). First they have twins : Alicia and Charles. Then, another boy is born, they named him Hamilcar. And later, they have a second girl named after Cassandra's mother : Bella.

I've got a blog for this Legacy, but I'm French so... everything is in French.

Bye everyone and good luck for your Legacies ! ;)
  • Options
    chillyzgrrlchillyzgrrl Posts: 347 Member
    edited October 2014
    Updates for the Joneses today! Yay!

Life Goes On At Last

An Eligible Bachelor

@MathooSalamboo, what is a Selfacy?

• Options
    @chillyzgrrl : a Selfacy is the same thing as a Legacy, except that your founder is your simself :)
  • Options
    flowetrygurlflowetrygurl Posts: 43 Member
    @MathooSalamboo I need to practice my French more. I would love if you posted a link to your blog. That seems like it would be a fun way for me to practice lol.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Two more chapters up for Pete's Legacy.

@CathyTea, congrats on being the featured blogger at Pinstar's website! Enjoying your legacy very much.
  • Options
    stargirl18stargirl18 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Chapter 3 of Gen 4 is here
  • Options
    @MsPhy - thank you! It was a nice surprise to be randomly selected! :)

• Options
    simbody872simbody872 Posts: 828 Member
    I saw that too @CathyTea, congrats! Your legacy is coming along @MsPhy. Congrats on the new legacy baby @stargirl18, your legacy is way ahead of mine!
    A Legacy Challenge. The Benton Legacy
    A Prettacy Challenge It Ain't Easy Being Green
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Hey everyone, I am starting a new challenge you can find it on the forum. I need a lot of good lucks on this one. For it is a 400 baby challenge.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    yea my game works again. it wouldn't start.
  • Options
    i didn't know where else i could share this. started a new game and my new female sim got inspired heres the funny part she was siting on the toilet at the time. shes pregnant.
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 - I guess we never know where we'll get our best ideas!

• Options
    i'm just playing for now .when pools come out i'm going to start a new legacy. she had a boy btw jagger.
  • Options
    stargirl18stargirl18 Posts: 1,547 Member
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    @flowetrygurl : I can't post links yet, but if you search "lhermitagedemathoo.eklablog", it should be the first link showing up. :) The wallpaper in the background is a view of Dragon Valley (because it's my favorite Sims 3 world ^^).
    On the left you can find my Sims 3 Legacy and on the right my Sims 4 Legacy.
    I hope you'll enjoy it ! ;)
    Post edited by MathooSalamboo on
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    My third generation girl grew up! She has blonde hair like her daddy and that was a total shock since her mother had black hair and her grandparents had black and brown hair. She just must have gotten lucky in the gene pool.

Also, I am having a massive brain fail today and I can't figure out where to find my pictures on my computer that I took in the game. A little help?
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    meggiewes wrote: »
    My third generation girl grew up! She has blonde hair like her daddy and that was a total shock since her mother had black hair and her grandparents had black and brown hair. She just must have gotten lucky in the gene pool.

Also, I am having a massive brain fail today and I can't figure out where to find my pictures on my computer that I took in the game. A little help?
    Mine are found under My Documents>Origin>Sims 4>Screenshot (I THINK - I'm at work)
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top