Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Mega Thread

Comments

• Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Megg87 wrote: »
    in the end, what worked was cleaning out the side fan. It was so crazy. If it's not too old I would look in to having it serviced if you can. Mine is only four years old? (How long have I been out of school?) Good luck. I hope you don't have to buy a whole new computer. :disappointed:

Do you have a Toshiba? My really old XP Toshiba still runs great--but I do have to blow it out the side now and then.
    I...think I do? That's impressive that it still has XP!!
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    Megg87 wrote: »
    @Crystal_ice13, what was Drake wearing (or not?) where he died? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    I guess now we'll need to make sure that our Sims approaching "elderly demise" are dress in a fashion that looks good on ghosts!

LOL Fashionista Ghosts. Who knew that would happen.

The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited October 2014
    i'm glad brian angels twin brother is probably long dead ghost would probably freak him out then hen he would die of fright and become a ghost himself.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    MsPhy wrote: »
    I feel your pain. I tried for the first time taking a picture by pressing C, and the game crashed to desktop. Did not save directly before picture, but the picture saved. Still, I can't be crashing every time I take a picture :-( I'm waiting to get a new gaming rig in April when Windows 9 is supposed to come out.

That sucks! So sorry to hear that. Well, there IS an alternative. What about the free program called FRAPS? I use it for my MMO playing and it's amazing. You can assign what button to press to take a screen cap, but I think it'll take photos of the menu too so you'll have to use TAB in-game to remove it. :D Just thought I'd mention it!

Thanks, I'll check it out.
  • Options
    flowetrygurlflowetrygurl Posts: 43 Member
    I hated ghosts in TS3, but I am intrigued with the things they are capable of in TS4. We will see if I hate them as much in this game.
  • Options
    stargirl18stargirl18 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Hello everyone, I have Chapter 4.1 up and from Chapter 4.2 onwards, I am going to start to make my posts longer
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    I hated ghosts in TS3, but I am intrigued with the things they are capable of in TS4. We will see if I hate them as much in this game.

They annoyed the heck out of me too. They were always freaking sims out and making them cancel what they were doing.

• Options
    I want to thank whoever suggested blowing out my computer. While doing this I removed the graphics card and found that the fan on the graphics card was full of dust. The weird thing is before taking it out it was showing the wrong graphics card in device manager. Now it is showing the right one. So far I played Sims 4 all morning with no problems.
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    I want to thank whoever suggested blowing out my computer. While doing this I removed the graphics card and found that the fan on the graphics card was full of dust. The weird thing is before taking it out it was showing the wrong graphics card in device manager. Now it is showing the right one. So far I played Sims 4 all morning with no problems.
    That is awesome!!! It's so weird how that works, isn't it? And to think I almost paid to have them take the whole thing apart to clean. :smile:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Yay, @Rainydaz! Now you can play and you don't need to buy a new computer!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Kiingyy23Kiingyy23 Posts: 326 Member
    Anyone know if you can have ghost babies ?? x
  • Options
    BlindxSecretsBlindxSecrets Posts: 652 Member
    @Crystal_ice13 Pretty sure that's the only thing ghosts can't do, unfortunately. That would have been awesome, though.
    The Noble Legacy (A Prettacy)
    Origin ID: BlindxSecrets
  • Options
    Awwh. Bummer :P
  • Options
    Okay, so I'm taking a graduate class that requires me to start a blog. And what better thing to blog about than my Sims 4 legacy challenge? I don't think people were blogging when I did my Sims 2 legacy, long ago, but I remember I was working on an album (long lost, I'm afraid). Anyway, Chapter 1 just went up. If you're interested, come follow Pete's Legacy!
  • Options
    I'm sure I'm prone to illness. Ill... once again, there must be something going round. Proper delaying Chapter Nine!! Fingers crossed if I feel better soon I'll jump back on Sims for a bit. There used to be a time I'd prey to be ill, I believe they were called 'School Days' just so I could go on Sims. Not anymore, School has been done for a long while now.... Lol. Happy Simming Everyone xxxx
  • Options
    @MsPhy - Great start! Looks like he's already attracting a lot of neighborhood attention! What is the class?

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    @MsPhy - Great start! Looks like he's already attracting a lot of neighborhood attention! What is the class?

@CathyTea, it's a class on digital media design. It's actually an art class rather than a programming class. I probably should have gone in and Photoshopped out the plumbobs and such, but she's not grading on that aspect for this assignment. She just wants to see that we understand how hosted blogs work.
  • Options
    @MsPhy - How cool! Sounds like a really fun area to take a grad class in! My first experience with WordPress has been with my legacy blog--I really like it! I work in web design/web editing, and I'm really impressed with the ease and flexibility of WordPress. I love having stats at a click!

• Options
    edited October 2014
    i'm thinking of starting a new legacy.i haven't decided yet. i wasn't excited about pools til i saw them
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 - what generation are you on with your original legacy family? And if you start a new one, which neighborhood will you use?

• Options
    not sure on ? one i stopped when i realized that a room was blocking a door. i haven't decided u've been in one neighborhood since i got the game never tried the other since the first day.
  • Options
    mjh4025mjh4025 Posts: 26 Member
    I am not really a fan of ghosts, but maybe the sims4 ghosts will not drive me crazy. I had to already move the gravestones to an empty lot because every time someone cooked they would stop cooking to go mourn the dead. At first I thought aww how sweet. Then it just became annoying

I haven't seen the ghosts from my family yet
  • Options
    mjh4025 wrote: »
    I am not really a fan of ghosts, but maybe the sims4 ghosts will not drive me crazy. I had to already move the gravestones to an empty lot because every time someone cooked they would stop cooking to go mourn the dead. At first I thought aww how sweet. Then it just became annoying<br />
    <br />
    I haven't seen the ghosts from my family yet

Mine are all in family inventory, lol. I put the gravestone out in another game just to see the ghost but I don't want 10 ghosts running around my legacy house.
  • Options
    stargirl18stargirl18 Posts: 1,547 Member
  • Options
    MathooSalambooMathooSalamboo Posts: 14 New Member
    Hi everyone !

I've started a Legacy Challenge since the Sims 4 were released, and now my founder have 4 children : 2 are now young adults (twins), 1 teenager and 1 kid. I've chose the Equality - Strict traditionnal - Merit succession laws, but I have one question : when do I choose my heir ? Because of course the elders have more aspiration points than the last child. So, do I have to wait until the last child becomes a young adult too ?

Thanks for answering ! ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top