Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy Challenge Mega Thread

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    owen is weird. i was frustrated because he refused any kind of romantic relationship. after my last post went back in game found out he didn't have enough lifetime points to use rewards. so i sent him to the park where....... he gets a girlfriend.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @friendsfan -- I hope you post a picture of Owen--I'd love to see what he's like!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    zombiesquirezombiesquire Posts: 32 Member
    Question about the scoring. It says that you need to "memorialize" everyone in the legacy. How do you memorialize? I don't see anything like that pop up for any creative actions.
    The Dupont Legacy - http://sims4living.tumblr.com

ORIGIN ID - zombiesquire
  • Options
    LynnwoodLynnwood Posts: 2,980 Member
    @zombiesquire - It's nothing official. You have to have someone have enough skill in a musical instrument to write a song (and 'pretend' that it's about a sim, by naming it appropriately). Or write a book (name it for the sim) but don't publish it so it stays on the home lot. He also lists paintings though there's no real option to paint portraits at this time. So that one's still up in the air.
  • Options
    simsjessxsimsjessx Posts: 36 Member
    Awesome :-) I always tried to do legacy challenges in the Sims 3 but due to the fact I had all the expansion packs and heaps of CC it would always corrupt the save file or some sort of bug would ruin the game around generation 4 or 5.

So since there isn't much to in the super-vanilla base game I'm going to do a legacy for Sims 4 :D and hopefully it doesn't crash either now that it's super basic :)
  • Options
    owen and his das were both slow at love but when they decide they move fast owen is going to be a dad.
  • Options
    duckofdoom2002duckofdoom2002 Posts: 89 Member
    edited September 2014
    I have a question, the teenage heir to my sim legacy just met a teenage girl. She's not in one of the households currently in the world however she does have parents (also not in the world) and my heir Anthony has dated her a few times. There is an option now for Anthony to give her a promise ring (which means he intends to marry her someday). Does that mean it's ok to age her up when Anthony becomes an adult? I ask because I don't know if the not in the world sims age up since they're not technically in the world. I know you can age up any sim on your lot with a birthday cake so I was thinking of having them age up together since he really wants to give her the promise ring in hopes of marrying her someday. Is this acceptable? Or does it break the rules?
    tumblr_n5qff3lygs1rm3gh5o1_500_by_sapphireluna-d7qhib6.png
  • Options
    > @Lynnwood said:
    > zombiesquire - It's nothing official. You have to have someone have enough skill in a musical instrument to write a song (and 'pretend' that it's about a sim, by naming it appropriately). Or write a book (name it for the sim) but don't publish it so it stays on the home lot. He also lists paintings though there's no real option to paint portraits at this time. So that one's still up in the air.

I see, thank you so much! That helps quite a bit. So far only the wife knows how to write books. My Founder is a comic, and while it lets me write comedy routines, I don't get to name them, sadly. When a song is written, does that stay as an object? Like a music sheet or something?

ORIGIN ID - zombiesquire
  • Options
    @duckofdoom2002 - Daww, that's so cute! As far as I know, so long as she's not in the world (and thus a townie) then you're good. I have my game set so that all sims age up on their own (so townies will eventually age up) but I think it should be okay if you cake her up with your heir.
  • Options
    duckofdoom2002duckofdoom2002 Posts: 89 Member
    Lynnwood wrote: »
    @duckofdoom2002 - Daww, that's so cute! As far as I know, so long as she's not in the world (and thus a townie) then you're good. I have my game set so that all sims age up on their own (so townies will eventually age up) but I think it should be okay if you cake her up with your heir.

Ok :D good I just wanted to make sure it was ok, is auto ageing of townies a default setting ? Or do I have to turn it on somewhere?
    tumblr_n5qff3lygs1rm3gh5o1_500_by_sapphireluna-d7qhib6.png
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    Roane wrote: »
    > @meggiewes said:<br />
    > I also have a notebook that I decided to keep track of my family tree genetics for the legacy (which is the same notebook I keep family trees in of families that I want to make) since my founder has blue skin. So far the children are one normal color with brown hair and grey eyes, one blue with black hair and grey eyes (takes after of mama), and a blue skinned girl. She is still a baby so I don't know if she will inherit mom or dad's hair and eye color yet.<br />
    <br />
    I'd never thought of tracking the genetics but that's an awesome idea. I'm going to add that in to my tracking! Thanks for the great idea! (Second gen just became a child so it's totally possible still.)

You are quite welcome! I love the fact that I actually got the game early off of a hunch that I would like it and there isn't a lot out there about genetics or anything. So I get to be one of the early people to figure it out. It is totally awesome. And if more people do that then we can all compare notes!

Sims: The New Science Class. Lol!
  • Options
    Oh man I'm only a couple of points away from 50. Does that mean I can finally post pictures afterwards? lol

ORIGIN ID - zombiesquire
  • Options
    owen had twins. well i guess technically his wife did. boys that means for the first time i have 3 heirs.
  • Options
    @Duckofdoom2002 - I THINK it's a box that needs to be clicked? It will be in the Gameplay Options menu, at any rate. Near where you select the aging type of your playable sims, there will be an option to turn on/off non-household sim aging.
  • Options
    flowetrygurlflowetrygurl Posts: 43 Member
    I was really hoping my sim's new husband would bring in some money, but sadly no, he had a roommate.
  • Options
    i'm jealous again. owen and his wife are soulmates so one more thing he has in common with his dad.
  • Options
    renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    I finally started my legacy and I'm hoping to play a bit more before I make my own thread. :) I began with a male founder, something I had never done before, so I'm excited!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Since this is my first time ever properly doing the legacy challenge I've got a (probably dumb) question I'd like to ask please!

For spouses, the rules state "this sim may not be from a family who lives in a house on the world map, nor may they be a hand-picked Sim from the gallery" - does that mean the spouse has to be a NPC? Like you couldn't marry Malcom Landgraab or Mortimer Goth and bring him into the house? If the answer is no, are my spares allowed to marry either of them and be kicked out into their homes?
  • Options
    Also, I heard Sims 4 doesn't have family trees... so what are you guys using to keep track of all your generations?
  • Options
    renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    simsjessx wrote: »
    Since this is my first time ever properly doing the legacy challenge I've got a (probably stupid) question I'd like to ask please!<br />
    <br />
    For spouses, the rules state "this sim may not be from a family who lives in a house on the world map, nor may they be a hand-picked Sim from the gallery" - does that mean the spouse has to be a NPC? Like you couldn't marry Malcom Landgraab or Mortimer Goth and bring him into the house? If the answer is no, are my spares allowed to marry either of them and be kicked out into their homes?
    Exactly—NPCs (maids or mailpeople) or townies. And I'm sure we can do as we wish with spares since they're not the heirs. :p

And to answer your question on family trees, I will be using familyecho.com, it's very easy to use. :)
  • Options
    SiharaSihara Posts: 153 Member
    I use familyecho.com as well, and so do a couple other people. You don't need an account and it's totally free. (You can see examples on the Dracarys Legacy if you'd like.) Whenever my Sim meets a potential spouse and learns they're single, I pause and go to household management and check for that sim's last name under the 'Not in World' section. If they're there, you're good to go!
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Same with Familyecho, its a great and easy to use site. As for the spouses, Renzilla has the right of it. You can marry service sims and any other sim that is considered 'not in the neighborhood.' You can find this out by going to Manage Worlds, and then Manage Households. If the household is listed as being in one of the two hoods then you can't marry them. If it says Not In World (or something similar) then they're free game. Your spares are free to marry anyone you'd like, their spouses wouldn't be eligible to earn points no matter who they are.

If that still sounds confusing, look up Pinstar on youtube. He posted a video today giving a quick tutorial on how to find out who is and isn't eligible to be married in, as well as some adjustments to the rules concerning spouses. :)
  • Options
    Wow thanks guys for all your help and tips! I just created my founder :) I like to make up back stories, so my story is she used to be hugely wealthy until one day when her parents died her evil cousin stole all the inheritance, ran off to a different town and dumped my founder into an empty 50x50 lot. Poor girl used to wear prada, now she can barely afford lunch! haha :) I'm not sure how to upload pics but hopefully I'll be able to soon :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top