Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Dracarys Legacy!

SiharaSihara Posts: 153 Member
Yup, I totally stole the last name from Game of Thrones, but don't get your hopes up-this isn't a GoT themed legacy, alas.

Gender Law: Strict Matriarchy
Bloodline Law: Strict Traditional
Heir Law: Modified* Exemplar-Family Oriented preference

Why modified exemplar? Well, as a recap-the Exemplar rules of inheritance state that all heirs in the legacy must share one specially chosen trait of the Founder in order to inherit. If no such child should come to adulthood, the eldest eligible child should inherit the legacy. My issue with this possibility is that potentially, the legacy could revert to a child who shares no traits with the Founder. My modified Exemplar rule is as follows:

The oldest eligible child to have the chosen trait inherits the legacy (in my case, the oldest female child with the chosen trait).
If no eligible child has the chosen trait, the oldest eligible child with any of the Founder's traits may inherit. (So my oldest female child who shares either one of the Founder's ignored traits).
In the case of no children sharing any of the Founder's traits, the inheritance shall revert back to First Born rules.

My Founder:

[img]http://i58.tinypic.com/keyip2.jpg[/img]

Anya is a Loner, Neat, and Family Oriented. Her Aspiration is for a Successful Lineage (of course, hehehe). She is currently at Level 6 of the Tech Guru Career path. She currently has one son and one daughter (our current heir) and is pregnant with her third child.

The current heir (2nd Gen):

[img]http://i62.tinypic.com/2d0l2ls.jpg[/img]

Bella is an Active child (like her father) and her Aspiration is to be a Rambunctious Scamp.

I'll continue updating this thread with more information as the Dracarys Legacy Inheritance changes and grows. I'm more than happy to answer questions and provide more information on the family, so feel free to comment and ask questions in this thread.

[img]http://s25.postimg.org/9ikfk4vq7/Dracarys_Tree1.jpg[/img]
Post edited by Sihara on

Comments

• RoseAzulRoseAzul Posts: 497 Member
    Sounds like fun! Looking forward to the pics! ^_^ Wouldn't let me post links and pics either. So my first Legacy Challenge is taking place away from any spotlight :) Good job so far!
    Shhh!

• SiharaSihara Posts: 153 Member
    edited September 2014
    You have to have your rank as 'Member' to post pictures-which requires 50 points on your account and an account over 24 hours old.

Update!:
    A third child has been born to Anya Dracarys...but alas, it's only another boy. Useless scamps! Back to cleaning those toilets! Hopefully she can get full pregnant with a second daughter before her husband passes away from old age. In the interim, she's reached rank 7 of her career, and is now an eSports Competitor!

The father: Antony Rein, Family Oriented, Geek, and Active. Their sons are:

Antoine (Gloomy) [IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/2881u38.jpg[/IMG] and Anthony, the new baby.

Edit: Anya is successfully pregnant with her fourth child! Eye of the Watcher willing, this time she has a second girl.
    Post edited by Sihara on
    edited September 2014
    What a twist of genetics! From two flame haired parents, Anthony grows into a child of flaxen hair, an Aspiration to be an Artistic Prodigy and he's a Perfectionist to boot. What a charmer! (I think he's the best looking of the children so far.) I've also discovered a lovely free site to build our own family trees on. FamilyEcho dot com is what I'm using to track my legacy atm. I'll post a screencap of the legacy as soon as I have permission to post pictures, lol.

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/im3vo5.jpg[/IMG]
    Post edited by Sihara on
    Four children?! My goodness! What a busy family you have. Sounds AWESOME! My founder just barely got pregnant with her first child...and out of wedlock too tsk tsk lol. But you, yours is all kinds of busy! CONGRATS! And what interesting children!
    Shhh!

edited September 2014
    It seems this Matriarchy had better protect it's precious heir! Anya has given birth to her third bouncing baby boy, Armand. Fingers are crossed that Bella will grow into a Family-Oriented young woman, in case Anya has another girl-otherwise who knows who will inherit the Legacy?

A recap of the Dracarys family so far!
    Anya, Married to Antony.
    Their children in order of birth:
    Antoine, Bella, Anthony, Armand

Any day now the Reaper will come for Antony, I wonder if Anya can get pregnant for a fifth time?

Side note-In all of my playing the Sims3, and now 4, I have always, 100% success, gotten pregnant whenever ANY of my Sims 'Tried for Baby'. I wonder why?

Edit: Success! Her fifth pregnancy is under way!

We're quite impatient for Antoine to become a teenager, both parents work nights, so when the children come home-the baby returns from daycare while the parents are still at work...but the children can't change diapers! I make Antony come home early from work to take care of the baby, so social services for this family! (Of course I sacrifice Antony's career, he's merely their father, hehehe.)
    She did it! She got pregnant for the 5th time! AWESOME! Keeping my fingers crossed for a baby girl! Congrats! (Again :P)
    Shhh!

edited September 2014
    Hehehe, thanks! Bella is well on her way to becoming an A student in Grade School, and Antoine has finally become a teenager! Just wait till you see the picture, his clothes are outrageous! (And he's a bit chubby, like Dad.) His Aspiration? To have a Big Happy Family-I 'aww'ed so hard I nearly melted, but, he's also grown into a Snob.

[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/2gvow76.jpg[/IMG]

Bonus Picture! Sitting down to dinner!

[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/25i7sjm.jpg[/IMG]
    Post edited by Sihara on
    Awwww! OMG, I can't wait to see the pics lol. Now that's an interesting mix, a family guy who's also snobby lol sweet! Keep up the good work! My founder just went into labor, it's my first time in the sims 4 so I thought it would automatically happen. Poor girl went to work in labor! Came home, ate, cleaned then I remembered I should but a crib lmao. But it still wasn't happening, it wasn't until later that I clicked on her and discovered the birthing options LMAO, the poor poor dear! ^_^ She had a baby girl. But never-mind that, keep us updated!
    Shhh!

edited September 2014
    I always make them wait it out, lol. Her first birth she didn't even have the money for a crib, Social Services donated one. I only give birthday parties to my girls, the boys just wait to age up. (This Legacy game is very biased! I've almost got a Hyena Matriarchy going on, because the girls are all that matter, lowest ranking girl above the highest ranking male and so forth.) I let Anya tend to her needs and have the baby when she's ready-just to draw it out, lol.

Update!: Armand has become a child, he wants to be a Rambunctious Scamp just like his sister, and he's also Neat, like his Mama. Baby number five should be here any minute!

[IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/muv5ls.jpg[/IMG]

Armand is just the spitting image of Antoine at that age-my they grow up so fast...
    Post edited by Sihara on
    edited September 2014
    Holy Simoleons! It's twins! And they're both Girls! Bethany and Brianna Dracarys have just been born, bringing this household to a whopping total of 8 Sims, and all before the second generation have grown up! (Antoine is the only Teen.)

Side note: Antony (the father) is taking *forever* to die of old age, lol.
  • SALTPASTILLENSALTPASTILLEN Posts: 2,639 Member
    Congrats to the new nooboos. It seems like we have choosen the same career for our founder, hope mine has as much luck in gaining promotions as yours.

Do you plan on having sims using the young again potion or are you saving them all for points?
    d3z9696camt4x0dfg.jpg
    Twins?! WOW! A whole household of 8 in one generation, sweet! Looks like the Dracarys are going to be a big bunch! So glad you got not one, but two more girls! Congrats!
    Shhh!

@SALTPASTILLEN Why thankye, I did notice we had mirrored aspirations when I read yours. I plan on only letting my heirs buy and use the Young Again potion (and of course, only once each, as per the rules).

@RoseAzul I know! It's pretty intense, lol. I wish they had premade homes I could just slap on the lot (of course, only if the household had enough money for it), because I'm just so lazy at building, it's one aspect where I'm just not inspired. I'm looking forward to Antony 'moving on', and the three boys moving out to slim down the house some. Right now it's a race between the three girls to see which one will inherit, with Bella in the lead.
    Lol I don't know how on earth you do it! I've been struggling all along so far lol. I have a two room house! I just barely got done building the bedroom, the other bedroom serves as a kitchen/dining room/livingroom/bathroom LMAO!!! But it's just my Founder working and now with the baby there's a couple extra expenses. She should've married first :P
    Shhh!

• Ace0fJacksAce0fJacks Posts: 58 Member
    Eight kids...eight? Man...I have my hands full with just controlling a second Sim. xD
    I commend you for your epic adventure and crazy control skills.
    edited September 2014
    @RoseAzul Her marriage brought in a nice influx of cash, which I used to build the home. The eligible marriage sims come with $20k simoleons.

@AceOfJacks The eight only came about because we were in dire need of a spare, and she kept throwing out boys. We got lucky on child 5 and 6 (eight sims in the house with two adults). I'm wondering if deleting these spare boys from the household is cheating...I'm considering having the father move out and take the sons with him to clear up some room for when Bella starts breeding.

Also-I'M SO MAD AT ARMAND RIGHT NOW I CAN'T EVEN. Anya just made a cake for Bella's aging up to Teen, and starting on making dinner for everybody, and while she's chopping veggies this little.....plumbob goes up and just helps himself to Bella's birthday cake. ~angry bird screeching noises~ Of course I got a screencap for it, just you wait.

[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/2a7e5nb.jpg[/IMG]

Update: A whole new cake later and...We ended up letting Bella skip grade-school for her birthday! She's become an Art Lover, and Aspires to be Fabulously Wealthy. She's only got one more chance to lock in her position as Heir before Bethany and Brianna catch up to her. When Antoine returns from school I think he'll be growing into a young adult. EDIT: Derp derp I was off on ages, it'll be a another 10 'days' before Antoine grows up...and OUT.

[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/rvhpnc.jpg[/IMG]
    Post edited by Sihara on
    You have the most diverse and interesting family I've read about in TS4 thus far! Bravo! lol
    Shhh!

Why thank you ever so much! I'm apparently a full member now, and it will let me post links, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to just have the picture show up in my posts for you to see and enjoy.
    I noticed that, congrats on making it to member! Alas, I have never posted a pic or link here so I cannot yet help you! :D
    Shhh!

I've gone ahead and posted them anyway, with the correct code. I still don't see them-so my only thought is maybe a moderator has to approve them? I'm not sure.
  • Ace0fJacksAce0fJacks Posts: 58 Member
    @Sihara Do you use the forums image posting thing(looks like a piece paper with a top right corner folded), or are you using the share thing from tinypic? Cause I just tried it using the forum's and just putting the link into it and it worked for me.
    edited September 2014
    @AceOfJacks I've tried both, when I use the image posting tool it just pastes the link into the body of text without the img brackets, which didn't work when I tried it.

EDIT:@AceOfJacks With this new post's success at pictures, I'm baffled as to why it doesn't work on my previous posts.
    Post edited by Sihara on
    What a great looking family! Lots of red hair :D
    Shhh!

edited September 2014
    Bethany and Brianna are children now! Bethany is a blonde haired girl, Outgoing with and Aspiration to be an Artistic Prodigy, and Brianna is the only brunette in the family! Her dark locks set her apart, and she's a Cheerful girl who wishes to be a Rambunctious Scamp. ((There's a theme here somewhere...))

Bethany_Child.jpg
    Brianna.jpg

Bethany has her Mama's good looks, and Brianna inherited the genetic tendency to awkward proportions Antony introduced to the family.

First_Generation.jpg

Update! Anya's been promoted to Pro Gamer! (Level 8 ). Bring home that cash money, miss mama!
    Post edited by Sihara on
    Awesome family! How pretty the twins are.
    Shhh!