Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Info On Legacies (8-8-14)

Comments

• Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited August 2014
    As a funny side note, if your Sim is flirty already when they go to use the shower, they get the option to take a ‘cold shower’ which takes them OUT of the flirty mood.

I love this. :lol:

BTW, thanks for posting the link to this article, CLP. I really enjoy Pinstar's posts about Creator Camp.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    UtaDagdaUtaDagda Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited August 2014
    06Bon06 wrote:
    AstroX1424 wrote:
    Several kinds of showers!? What is this, this game keeps sounding dumber and dumber... :roll:

Angry Shower
    Happy Shower
    Sad shower
    Excited shower
    Need I continue :lol:

Nope read this

And let me tell you about showers: They play a pretty big role in the Sims 4, and not just with hygene. So at base your sim can “Take a shower” “Take a brisk shower” “Take a steamy shower” and “Take a Thoughtful shower”. Just plain taking a shower is the fastest in terms of just getting your hygene up. A brisk shower only fills your hygene halfway but is very quick and it leaves your Sim with an “Energized” moodlet. Energized is one of the emotions. A steamy shower leaves them in with a flirty moodlet. A thoughtful shower takes MUCH longer than normal and very slowly satisfies hygene, but leaves them with the inspired moodlet. After all, we all do our best thinking in the shower.
    As a funny side note, if your Sim is flirty already when they go to use the shower, they get the option to take a ‘cold shower’ which takes them OUT of the flirty mood.

So much detail compared to TS3! <3 I LOVE THIS GAME. Looks like One night stands ((If people want that)) are FINALLY available. You don't have to friendship first! The bill system is more realistic and there's finally some challenge to the game it seems. :mrgreen: EXCITED
    Love The Sims? SIMMERSE YOURSELF. Join our community.
    I gave up singing. Sorry.
    Here have my luchADORE to cheer you up.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    ebuchala wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:
    Well, the game rewards your sim for peeing 5 times.

Isn't there a picture of this? I saw someone mention it. I need to see it for myself.
    Can someone please link this? I thought Cinebar made it up in another thread to explain something in an exaggerated manner, not because it was real.

There is a link in my first post. Is it not working?
    Your link works fine.

I'm asking someone to post a link to confirm that your sim can get a reward for peeing 5 times. It's turned into a mantra with people who don't like the game.
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited August 2014
    ebuchala wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:
    So now our sims can't have one night stands?

If it's going to be harder to get two sims in bed together, then that's going to be really annoying.
    If you read through the whole article, he explains the two different relationship bars. You can have a very high romance bar so you can woohoo with someone but still have a low friendship bar so you don't actually care about them. One night stands are definitely in.

Sort of (maybe) perfect for Don!
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    SeamoanSeamoan Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited August 2014
    I can't stop laughing at multiple shower types.

WTH.

They can't mean different animations for showers since the mosaic hides half the shower itself, so they must be talking about more flavors of text based showers.

In TS4, your sims can take a "super dooper evil shower" opposed to the plain old TS3 "evil shower".

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited August 2014
    06Bon06 wrote:
    AstroX1424 wrote:
    Several kinds of showers!? What is this, this game keeps sounding dumber and dumber... :roll:

Angry Shower
    Happy Shower
    Sad shower
    Excited shower

Nope read this

And let me tell you about showers: They play a pretty big role in the Sims 4, and not just with hygene. So at base your sim can “Take a shower” “Take a brisk shower” “Take a steamy shower” and “Take a Thoughtful shower”. Just plain taking a shower is the fastest in terms of just getting your hygene up. A brisk shower only fills your hygene halfway but is very quick and it leaves your Sim with an “Energized” moodlet. Energized is one of the emotions. A steamy shower leaves them in with a flirty moodlet. A thoughtful shower takes MUCH longer than normal and very slowly satisfies hygene, but leaves them with the inspired moodlet. After all, we all do our best thinking in the shower.

I was just joking :wink::lol:
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited August 2014
    This has got to be my favourite article from creators camp so far, thankyou to whever wrote it :D
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited August 2014
    2011simone wrote:
    This has got to be my favourite article from creators camp so far, thankyou to whever wrote it :D
    :shock: Won't your sims be constantly mad though if they don't have a house and are living on a lawn? :lol:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    ewilson1114ewilson1114 Posts: 2,513 Member
    edited August 2014
    2011simone wrote:

I agree. The other articles have been fine but this one gave me a much better picture of how the game actually plays. I'm looking forward to the second part!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2014
    I was really happy tp see Pinstar got an invite as his challenges are always epic. Thanks for sharing this as I was very interested in how it went as I tend to always start off my Sims Legacy style - so this was real important to me as the Legacy style did not work very well in Sims 3 compared to Sims 2 where it went perfectly - it was always too easy in Sims 3 for my sims to struggle at all. So glad to see a good Legacy start after so many years of waiting.

Definitely looking forward to the second part of this and to playing it myself.

I also think I will practice building a bit though before I jump into a Legacy game seeing the learning curve with the great new tools and getting the hang of them are better done before actual gameplay. I can understand Pinstar having to do it on the fly with just 3 days to do everything. But definitely sounds exactly like what I have been missing and wanting back plus with new perks that will be invaluable to Legacy style players. Good to also know the different shower types actually are finally useful. In Sims 3 they had different shower type by name only as far as I could see. The only thing that shoowed any reaction was the bad mood from having a cheap shower regardless of they type of shower one had. So at last they have a useful point.

Thank you to Pinstar for doing his thing and being so informative. Thant to CLP for posting.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited August 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:
    06Bon06 wrote:
    AstroX1424 wrote:

Angry Shower
    Happy Shower
    Sad shower
    Excited shower

Nope read this

So much detail compared to TS3! <3 I LOVE THIS GAME. Looks like One night stands ((If people want that)) are FINALLY available. You don't have to friendship first! The bill system is more realistic and there's finally some challenge to the game it seems. :mrgreen: EXCITED

You could have one night stands in TS3 without being friends.

It's actually super easy, to just woohoo with anyone in TS3.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2014
    06Bon06 wrote:
    AstroX1424 wrote:

Angry Shower
    Happy Shower
    Sad shower
    Excited shower
    Right inline with emotions and they forgot shower, The Bro shower.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited August 2014
    thanks Cat for the info, and thanks Pinstar because I love playing this way. It was nice to see some interaction, I am looking forward to his new rules for the challenge in Sims 4.
    Very interesting and I too will be practicing the build mode. I am getting my game Sept 2, but with so much to learn I will not be starting my generation legacy until Fri or Sat.
    I hope that the Prima Guild comes when the game comes. I am so happy to order it. I know I will need it.
    I sure love all the new things I have been reading and seeing about lately. Awesome. I wish I had it now. I might just need some more time to start my legacy, as I do not have CAS and that will take some time also, along with checking out the worlds.
  • Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited August 2014
    Thanks Cat for sharing this article because I was so worried as to how I was going to start off poor as this is the way I love to play.

I like the struggles of romance and trying to get money and build a proper house. To me that all sounds awesome. I love that how you take a shower matters. I think this is going to be fun. Can't wait to try it.

Also, maybe dating will be more like Sims 2 where there was an actual reason to date because you couldn't get married in 2 hours like in Sims 3. Sounds like you have to work a little bit. I like that. I am hoping in the future they add restaurants and bowling alleys and stuff so your Sims can go places on their dates. Now, maybe we won't have rabbit holes but can see them dating...okay maybe I am getting a little carried away but this is great. Has me excited for the game. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Glimmer50 wrote:
    Thanks Cat for sharing this article because I was so worried as to how I was going to start off poor as this is the way I love to play.

I like the struggles of romance and trying to get money and build a proper house. To me that all sounds awesome. I love that how you take a shower matters. I think this is going to be fun. Can't wait to try it.

Also, maybe dating will be more like Sims 2 where there was an actual reason to date because you couldn't get married in 2 hours like in Sims 3. Sounds like you have to work a little bit. I like that. I am hoping in the future they add restaurants and bowling alleys and stuff so your Sims can go places on their dates. Now, maybe we won't have rabbit holes but can see them dating...okay maybe I am getting a little carried away but this is great. Has me excited for the game. :mrgreen:

I don't think they intend to bring back rabbit holes ever. I hope not at least. They should add venues that are OPEN~
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Seamoan wrote:
    I can't stop laughing at multiple shower types.

WTH.

They can't mean different animations for showers since the mosaic hides half the shower itself, so they must be talking about more flavors of text based showers.

In TS4, your sims can take a "super dooper evil shower" opposed to the plain old TS3 "evil shower".

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not animations for the showers. The point is the emotions you can provoke your Sims to with the different showers.

In TS3 you got the labelled shower that did absolutely nothing for the game and everyone completely bashed at how lame it was just a week or so ago (well, I didn't because the labels amused me, LOL). In TS4, you can take a shower that will have an impact on your gameplay. That, to me, is a pretty big step up.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited August 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:
    Glimmer50 wrote:

I don't think they intend to bring back rabbit holes ever. I hope not at least. They should add venues that are OPEN~

I hope that they do bring back cash registers as I loved making venues like book store,(I wonder if we can put those book shelves that you buy books from in the library) wineries, food places and consignment shop and more.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    UtaDagda wrote:
    Glimmer50 wrote:

Yeah that is what I think too. This is going to be fun. I am getting excited now. Glad to hear some others are excited too. I love the writers career too. Sounds like it is more goal oriented which I love. Can't wait.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Evalen wrote:
    UtaDagda wrote:
    Glimmer50 wrote:

I hope that they do bring back cash registers as I loved making venues like book store,(I wonder if we can put those book shelves that you buy books from in the library) wineries, food places and consignment shop and more.

I haven't gotten to ever do that but that sounds like fun too. I am going to have to try that in Sims 2. My family just had their first baby. Man, I couldn't believe how packed the bowling alley was when they went out. Made the loading screen worth it. I hope they bring something like that back in Sims 4. They even ordered from a menu. I have never seen that before. Anyway, sorry to get off topic. I am just excited. Can't wait for Pinstars next installment. I love his challenge.
  • Options
    averee90averee90 Posts: 448 Member
    edited August 2014
    A "legacy" without toddlers and where bassinet-stuck-newborns pop into a 10-year-old kid? And where teens are almost indistinguishable from YA/adults?

No thanks. :wink:
  • Options
    wickedjr89wickedjr89 Posts: 1,777 Member
    edited August 2014
    No familyfunds cheat is what I noticed :( How am I going to make my Sims poor and homeless now? I always use that cheat to take away money. For those that like to cheat for money it makes it easier for them too rather than typing motherlode a gajillion times.

Otherwise I can't wait!
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited August 2014
    kirby356 wrote:

If it's going to be harder to get two sims in bed together, then that's going to be really annoying.

Another cut!
  • Options
    sddormesddorme Posts: 269 Member
    edited August 2014
    pguida wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:

Another cut!
    Lol, didn't we already cover that there are two different relationship bars, one being romantic, so one night stands can totally happen? Stop reacting to something you don't know about for sure.
    _sidebar7.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    sddorme wrote:
    pguida wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:

Another cut!
    Lol, didn't we already cover that there are two different relationship bars, one being romantic, so one night stands can totally happen? Stop reacting to something you don't know about for sure.

I never got my Sims in TS3 to WooHoo until they were past friends level....But someone said you could easily? In TS4 it seems like true One Night Stands ((Like really with people you barely know)) will be easier then.
    luchad.pngluucha.gif
  • Options
    meggiewesmeggiewes Posts: 1,066 Member
    edited August 2014
    I just read the article and I find it interesting because of the romance bar, you can basically have a woohoo buddy. Kinda cute and funny. Can't wait for the next post because it will probably get into family details. And we all want to know more about the family aspect of the game.