Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Info On Legacies (8-8-14)

TS4 brings back date scores,reward objects and we have several kind of showers our sims can take. Romantic relationships are harder to get now. :(

Also the article mentioned resturents were absent.

http://www.simslegacychallenge.com/sims-4-creators-camp-creating-a-legacy/

Comments

• Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited August 2014
    So now our sims can't have one night stands?

If it's going to be harder to get two sims in bed together, then that's going to be really annoying.
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    edited August 2014
    Several kinds of showers!? What is this, this game keeps sounding dumber and dumber... :roll:
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited August 2014
    What, not even rabbit hole restaurants any more?
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    edited August 2014
    AstroX1424 wrote:
    Several kinds of showers!? What is this, this game keeps sounding dumber and dumber... :roll:

Angry Shower
    Happy Shower
    Sad shower
    Excited shower
    Need I continue :lol:
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited August 2014
    AstroX1424 wrote:
    Well, the game rewards your sim for peeing 5 times. Maybe they're introducing "Golden Showers" :lol:
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited August 2014
    06Bon06 wrote:
    AstroX1424 wrote:

Angry Shower
    Happy Shower
    Sad shower
    Excited shower

Pretty much. It's how the traits worked, anyway. Kind of silly but in an unnecessary way. Just more programming for something completely worthless.

Anyway, is cheating (game-cheats) still available to raise relationship bars enough to get sims to do the dance with no pants?

I'm a cheat hog, so I'm always maxing out relationships for sims I want to have procreate with each other :lol:
  • Options
    JoeWow1003JoeWow1003 Posts: 4,121 Member
    edited August 2014
    AstroX1424 wrote:

You don't take different kinds of showers?

You don't sometime just want to hop in the shower real quick and hop out because you're in a hurry? You don't sometimes take long showers because you just want to think and relax under the running water? You don't usually take showers somewhere between those two? :/
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited August 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    Well, the game rewards your sim for peeing 5 times.

Isn't there a picture of this? I saw someone mention it. I need to see it for myself.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    AstroX1424 wrote:

You don't sometime just want to hop in the shower real quick and hop out because you're in a hurry? You don't sometimes take long showers because you just want to think and relax under the running water? You don't usually take showers somewhere between those two? :/

Yeah but I'm also it being watched...

As in you most likely can't tell that your sims is taking happy or sad shower.
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited August 2014
    I forgot that the Romantic and Friendly Bars are separate! I personally like that it's harder to get Sims to accept your romantic proposals (like engagements). It adds more realism. I am disappointed that there are no open restaurants. That was one of the first things we were promised. :(

Here's a little image (sorry, couldn't resist! :lol: ):

2.jpg

(or woman)
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited August 2014
    I can see restaurants being introduced in a "Late Night" kind of expansion pack.

I like that the different kinds of shower have different effects, and the double relationship bar is cool, too. I still want to know if there will be one-sided relationships, though.
    Pretty much. It's how the traits worked, anyway. Kind of silly but in an unnecessary way. Just more programming for something completely worthless.

Not worthless. It is a quick way to get your sim in the mood you want them to be. You know how we value quick ways to get positive moodlets in TS3? Same thing.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I accidentally quoted and not edited :lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    And let me tell you about showers: They play a pretty big role in the Sims 4, and not just with hygene. So at base your sim can “Take a shower” “Take a brisk shower” “Take a steamy shower” and “Take a Thoughtful shower”. Just plain taking a shower is the fastest in terms of just getting your hygene up. A brisk shower only fills your hygene halfway but is very quick and it leaves your Sim with an “Energized” moodlet. Energized is one of the emotions. A steamy shower leaves them in with a flirty moodlet. A thoughtful shower takes MUCH longer than normal and very slowly satisfies hygene, but leaves them with the inspired moodlet. After all, we all do our best thinking in the shower.
    As a funny side note, if your Sim is flirty already when they go to use the shower, they get the option to take a ‘cold shower’ which takes them OUT of the flirty mood.

Why? They've just gone being silly and ran right into the stupid zone :roll: :lol:
    I did have her invite him out on a date, and dates are now mini-events of their own. They give you goals to meet, such as sitting and talking, having a number of flirty interactions, playing together. All of which builds your date score. I was able to get a gold metal on my date and was rewarded with a free reward object, a champagne bottle in a bucket of ice. When placed in the world it could radiate an aura of flirty, making Sims who enter the room become flirty unless they had a stronger emotion present. Great for putting in the bedroom.

Ohh dear, it actually gets more annoying :roll: SANDBOX EA I don't want stupid goals and presents :roll:
  • Options
    petladypetlady Posts: 370 Member
    edited August 2014
    The article was very good. Thanks, CLP. Overall, I would say the author is enjoying the experience so despite the above negative takes on CLP's summary, I would say the game looks very intriguing.
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    edited August 2014
    Thanks so much for posting CLP, I found that one of the most interesting reports so far on the camp, cause that's how I actually play!!
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    sddormesddorme Posts: 269 Member
    edited August 2014
    06Bon06 wrote:
    Why? They've just gone being silly and ran right into the stupid zone :roll: :lol:

How is that stupid? It's actually something that effects the game and makes showers not just an ineffectual task that Sims must complete every day.

And yeah, I still have yet to see any evidence of the "pee 5 times" want, I think people just want it to exist.
    _sidebar7.gif
  • Options
    Hip_RoseHip_Rose Posts: 273 Member
    edited August 2014
    I think it's cool. It's a new way to play, a bit goal oriented but I like it. I used to play dates somewhat like this in TS2.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    06Bon06 wrote:
    And let me tell you about showers: They play a pretty big role in the Sims 4, and not just with hygene. So at base your sim can “Take a shower” “Take a brisk shower” “Take a steamy shower” and “Take a Thoughtful shower”. Just plain taking a shower is the fastest in terms of just getting your hygene up. A brisk shower only fills your hygene halfway but is very quick and it leaves your Sim with an “Energized” moodlet. Energized is one of the emotions. A steamy shower leaves them in with a flirty moodlet. A thoughtful shower takes MUCH longer than normal and very slowly satisfies hygene, but leaves them with the inspired moodlet. After all, we all do our best thinking in the shower.
    As a funny side note, if your Sim is flirty already when they go to use the shower, they get the option to take a ‘cold shower’ which takes them OUT of the flirty mood.

I did have her invite him out on a date, and dates are now mini-events of their own. They give you goals to meet, such as sitting and talking, having a number of flirty interactions, playing together. All of which builds your date score. I was able to get a gold metal on my date and was rewarded with a free reward object, a champagne bottle in a bucket of ice. When placed in the world it could radiate an aura of flirty, making Sims who enter the room become flirty unless they had a stronger emotion present. Great for putting in the bedroom.

Ohh dear, it actually gets more annoying :roll: SANDBOX EA I don't want stupid goals and presents :roll:

"Aura of flirty" what did just read? :lol: :roll:
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited August 2014
    Lol i thought this was going to be about family legacies. I guess not....

Anyway i assume the showers have to do with the traits and emotions as grant did say they brought back evil showers etc.

Know what would be cool is if the evil sim was taking a shower than you hear the 1960 axe murder music in the background slowly start then black sludge start ooozing down the inside of the shower and you hear this evil laugh from the shower then out he pops clean as whistle.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2014
    TS4 brings back date scores,reward objects and we have several kind of showers our sims can take. Romantic relationships are harder to get now. :(

Also the article mentioned resturents were absent.

http://www.simslegacychallenge.com/sims-4-creators-camp-creating-a-legacy/

Thanks for posting. It sounds a lot like TSM to me in a lot of ways. But I did enjoy her legacy story, I love to start my Sims out with nothing, but sounds like I would need a family funds cheat to lower or raise to the exact amount I would want them to have while they are in the bin. :lol:
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    edited August 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    So now our sims can't have one night stands?

If it's going to be harder to get two sims in bed together, then that's going to be really annoying.
    If you read through the whole article, he explains the two different relationship bars. You can have a very high romance bar so you can woohoo with someone but still have a low friendship bar so you don't actually care about them. One night stands are definitely in.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    AstroX1424 wrote:
    JoeWow1003 wrote:
    AstroX1424 wrote:

Yeah but I'm also it being watched...

As in you most likely can't tell that your sims is taking happy or sad shower.
    The point isn't so you can see them doing something different. The point is that they can affect your sim's emotional state.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    kirby356 wrote:

Isn't there a picture of this? I saw someone mention it. I need to see it for myself.
    Can someone please link this? I thought Cinebar made it up in another thread to explain something in an exaggerated manner, not because it was real.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2014
    06Bon06 wrote:
    AstroX1424 wrote:

Angry Shower
    Happy Shower
    Sad shower
    Excited shower

Nope read this

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2014
    ebuchala wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:

Can someone please link this? I thought Cinebar made it up in another thread to explain something in an exaggerated manner, not because it was real.

There is a link in my first post. Is it not working?