Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Questions!

Comments

• Options
    DonLatharoDonLatharo Posts: 151 Member
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    hihi122122 wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:
    And of course, the download didn't come with BodyShop :( . Just my luck :cry::cry:

You checked in the \Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin location, yes? That's where bodyshop is for me.

Where is that? I can't seem to find the Origin games file.

It is under Program files x86, which is in your C:drive :D, had trouble finding it myself!
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    AthenaOnyx wrote:
    Does the Ultimate Collection have all the eps, or do I need to manually load those to play them?

The Ultimate Collection contains all of the EPs and SPs. :wink:

Oh, my goodness, oh my goodness. It's not even Christmas! Thanks for letting me know.
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited July 2014
    AthenaOnyx wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:
    AthenaOnyx wrote:
    Does the Ultimate Collection have all the eps, or do I need to manually load those to play them?

The Ultimate Collection contains all of the EPs and SPs. :wink:

Oh, my goodness, oh my goodness. It's not even Christmas! Thanks for letting me know.

No problem! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Valandis wrote:
    Why is this in the TS4 section again?

Because I posted it here.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    DonLatharo wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:
    hihi122122 wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:
    And of course, the download didn't come with BodyShop :( . Just my luck :cry::cry:

You checked in the \Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin location, yes? That's where bodyshop is for me.

Where is that? I can't seem to find the Origin games file.

It is under Program files x86, which is in your C:drive :D, had trouble finding it myself!

Thanks! :mrgreen:

What a strange place to put it :lol:
  • Options
    SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    edited July 2014
    How do I get Bella goth back , and skip broke without the simpe program , if anyone knows could you tell me please

Thanks and happy simming
  • Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi guys, I just downloaded this game to my new laptop and have always loved it but have noticed a few problems :/
    I can't use the templates for Veronaville, Strangetown or quite a few others because they are not SimCity 4 towns? And i don't have the original Strangetown or Veronaville on my welcome screen when I load the game, can somebody help? I have Pleasantview, Belladonna Cove, Riverblossom Hills and Desiderata Valley and the game is running smoothly but my favourite thing was creating a new neighbourhood with the Veronaville template :/ thanks for any help!
    Happy Simming! :XD:
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Lizzie1234 wrote:
    Hi guys, I just downloaded this game to my new laptop and have always loved it but have noticed a few problems :/
    I can't use the templates for Veronaville, Strangetown or quite a few others because they are not SimCity 4 towns? And i don't have the original Strangetown or Veronaville on my welcome screen when I load the game, can somebody help? I have Pleasantview, Belladonna Cove, Riverblossom Hills and Desiderata Valley and the game is running smoothly but my favourite thing was creating a new neighbourhood with the Veronaville template :/ thanks for any help!

Hmm that's strange. So you're saying that Strangetown and Veronaville, aren't on your main menu screen? Like you can't choose them to play in? That's odd.

I've never heard of this issue before. When in doubt use google! Google is your friend! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    CristalXCristalX Posts: 286 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I want to install CC or mods but if I want to remove them,then I have to reinstall the game to remove all cc and mods?How can I do it because it's from Origin.Back in Sims 2 I had no CC because I didn't have internet.
  • Options
    Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ha, I was just thinking about making a Sims 2 FAQ but you beat me to it Kirby :lol::lol: .

Nevermind, it's decided to work since i've asked lol :roll:
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited July 2014
    I use the Uber Mega Neighborhood and play all the neighborhood since I can't make up my mind which one. :lol:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    edited July 2014
    Forgive me but I'm a TS2 noob..

What is the body shop? :?: :?:
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,905 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've been playing in Strangetown. I like it. There isn't a lot of Sims living there though. :?
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited July 2014
    LauriApp wrote:
    What are some good CC sites for the sims 2? I never knew CC existed when I played that game. In recent years, I had downloaded some stuff from MTS but was hoping to find more.

Some of my favorite Sims 2 custom content sites:

http://www.parsimonious.org/sims2.html
    http://sims2.simcredibledesigns.com/
    http://all-about-style.com/index.html
    http://www.lianasims2.net/

• Options
    edited July 2014
    I use the Uber Mega Neighborhood and play all the neighborhood since I can't make up my mind which one. :lol:

Where can I download that!?
  • Options
    ShinyknightShinyknight Posts: 26 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I was really excited to get the news that this was free, since I haven't played Sims 2 in almost four years...

...however, even though I copied over my old Neighborhoods (Just the n001 and n002 folders); The UC won't see them. I never had the Store edition - my last EP was FreeTime.
  • Options
    Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    And for whoever doesn't know how to get TS2 Ultimate Collection for free, here you go:

1.Launch Origin and log into your Origin Account. From the ‘Games’ tab in the Origin menu, select ‘Redeem Product Code’ and enter the code: I-LOVE-THE-SIMS

2. Look into your 'My Games' library, and you'll see it right there waiting for you! Download times may vary :wink:

:!: Hurry because this will only last until July 31st, 10 AM PDT! :!:

I put in the code multiple times and it said it is temporarily unavailable and to try again. I did and after several attempts I now get the message that this code has already been used!!.
    Now what do I do???
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    Lizzie1234 wrote:

Hmm that's strange. So you're saying that Strangetown and Veronaville, aren't on your main menu screen? Like you can't choose them to play in? That's odd.

I've never heard of this issue before. When in doubt use google! Google is your friend! :mrgreen:

I also couldn't find the 3 base game neighbourshoods in the menu :( Which is sort of sad because I loved them.

Hoping to find a fix :)
  • Options
    LailaWaltonLailaWalton Posts: 18
    edited July 2014
    Hey Simmers,

Don't forget we are starting a brand new fan based Sims 2 support forum and we have help sections on troubleshooting Sims 2 UC, plus we have members who are extremely well versed in the game to answer all your questions.

Come join us, join in the chat, increase the numbers and make lots of new posts to help get the new community going. Lets move away from The Sims 3 forums and to our own!

http://thesims2.freeforums.org/

If you gain enough interest we shall improve the look and feel of the new support forums.

Let There Be Sims...2
  • Options
    take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    1. Most people prefer Veronaville, but I like Belladona Cove.

2. Install them to Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads.

I hope it helps!

It does, thank you! :mrgreen:

Belladonna Cove looks nice, and I love apartments in TS2. They were so much better then the fail that was TS3.

You are so right about that! I'm playing in Bella Donna Cove right now and I love it. :)
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited July 2014
    I prefer creating a custom world, more freedom to place things where I want them.
  • Options
    take0nmetake0nme Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited July 2014
    I can't play Ts2 in windowed mode..seems like an easy fix but I haven't been able to figure it out. /noob

When I try to add the -w to the "target" section in properties of the The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Properties that's on my Desktop it doesn't let me :/

jj4e8l.jpg
    DyFJE8G.jpg
    The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Gallery ID : sharipants
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    Lizzie1234 wrote:

I also couldn't find the 3 base game neighbourshoods in the menu :( Which is sort of sad because I loved them.

Hoping to find a fix :)

@XxHannelorexX - scroll down , 3rd post from bottom, this should work as a solution:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/765633.page#12306737
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    HOW do you get Bella Goth back? I know you can do it with a cheat , but I don't remember what it is.