Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Questions!

kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
So as most of you know, EA has given out TS2 and all of its EPs and SPs for free. I'm estatic by this, because my TS2 disks weren't working, so now I get to play again. I haven't played in years, and I have a few quick questions.

1. What's the best town? I totally forgot every town, and their stories, except for Strangetown. :oops:

2. How do I install CC/Mods? I'll be installing loads of CC/Mods because I love CC. I know MTS is a great site for CC/Mods, but I've never modded my TS2 games before. Is it a different process than TS3, or the same?

Aaaannd that's all! I just started the Main Menu to choose a town, and the music is giving me so many feels! The nostalgia is amazing. I can't wait to play again! But I'm waiting for answers before I start :wink:

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2014
    And for whoever doesn't know how to get TS2 Ultimate Collection for free, here you go:

1.Launch Origin and log into your Origin Account. From the ‘Games’ tab in the Origin menu, select ‘Redeem Product Code’ and enter the code: I-LOVE-THE-SIMS

2. Look into your 'My Games' library, and you'll see it right there waiting for you! Download times may vary :wink:

:!: Hurry because this will only last until July 31st, 10 AM PDT! :!:
  • Options
    LammashtaOtakuLammashtaOtaku Posts: 64 Member
    edited July 2014
    1. Most people prefer Veronaville, but I like Belladona Cove.

2. Install them to Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads.

I hope it helps!
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited July 2014
    I spent the better part of today playing it. But you know what? I can't remember how to do any of that either. And I can't remember the towns either, so I started in Strangeville for the heck of it. But I put in my favorite apt building (boothbay) and edited it in build to the way I had it back when I played with a pool in the courtyard.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    1. Most people prefer Veronaville, but I like Belladona Cove.

2. Install them to Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads.

I hope it helps!

It does, thank you! :mrgreen:

Belladonna Cove looks nice, and I love apartments in TS2. They were so much better then the fail that was TS3.
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited July 2014
    1. I really like Pleasantview (oh man I can't remember how to spell...) for the style of architecture of the mansions, but I also love Veronaville for the smaller houses. Personal preference, really. Veronaville (if you couldn't already tell) has the entire theme based off of Shakespeare. Pleasantview is more classic in the fact that it has the Goths.

2. Already covered by previous posts.

Have fun!
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited July 2014
    I like to play the megahood from MTS, then I can play all the hoods in one game.
  • Options
    AlizatinaAlizatina Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited July 2014
    My favorite Town was Strangeville, because the stories are awesome.
    I am also incredibly weird! xD

I vaguely remember that I liked playing in the Cove one, and Veronaville, but I haven't really played it decently yet, I am still trying to install all the mods and stuff I need! :XD:
    200.gif
    cFVKsID.png
    “It’s very dangerous,” she said, “falling in love with someone’s flaws.”
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    So as most of you know, EA has given out TS2 and all of its EPs and SPs for free. I'm estatic by this, because my TS2 disks weren't working, so now I get to play again. I haven't played in years, and I have a few quick questions.

1. What's the best town? I totally forgot every town, and their stories, except for Strangetown. :oops:

2. How do I install CC/Mods? I'll be installing loads of CC/Mods because I love CC. I know MTS is a great site for CC/Mods, but I've never modded my TS2 games before. Is it a different process than TS3, or the same?

Aaaannd that's all! I just started the Main Menu to choose a town, and the music is giving me so many feels! The nostalgia is amazing. I can't wait to play again! But I'm waiting for answers before I start :wink:
    Belladonna Cove without a doubt. It's the only hood which was optimized for magic (has the twin witch sisters etc). Make sure you take advantage of these MTS modder's amazing creations:

* all of Eris3000 food/recipe mods especially the wedding cakes :shock:
    * the "Surf's Up! mod by maybesomethingdunno which actually allows sims to SURF in the ocean! 8)
    * F-IN evo 5 Default Skin Replacement (or Navetsea)
    * that mod which allows sims to joyride on a working HAB on the lot :mrgreen:
    * the farm mod which allows you to raise and eat livestock & ride horses
    * the carnival set & Pretty ride on carosel by Echo. These amusement park rides actually include WORKING bumper cars, carousel and roller coaster long before TS3 realized country was cool! :P

On your home hood: Consider moving ALL sims in ALL the other hoods into Belladonna Cove. Instead of getting random townies made by the game, importing these sims into one hood will make for excellent variety of townies on your residential and community lots.

This is also a great socialization opportunity for kids, teens (and even pets) when they go hang out on community lots. I've found this to be the best way to have all my Sims in one convenient hood. Which increases the romance gene pool for my teen/YA/A sims when doing the dating mini game, having livelier night clubs (the game is more likely to spawn a residential sim instead of a townie on community lots), and other social networking endeavors. :-)

I usually age all the teens in the hood, send them off to Uni together, and put them in the same dorms at Uni. After their freshman year, I typically move out my sims (and the ones I want them to ultimately marry) into Greek or private housing. Throw some crazy keg parties, go clubbing/shopping in the Downtown areas etc. so these sims will get to know each other well after graduation from Uni. The only downside is not having the TS3 SP though. :? Have to play a lot of sim households to keep that sense of realism in the hood if you're doing legacy game play.

Anyhow, it looks like the best thing TS4 ever did was to get ppl excited about playing TS2 again. Especially the ones who are playing for the first time. :D
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2014
    Kirby do not move all your Sims to another hood. This causes severe corruption over time. It's a big fat no no. If you remember. Never delete the Sims in the family bin, just leave them there, and never, ever, move one Sim to another hood. MTS still has all the mods and the rule of thumb info on their site how Not to corrupt your game.

Also, consider you still will need the last CEP (thank you Numenor) and use the Sims2Pk Cleaner Installer to sift through your CC and install using it. It is still on the MTS for download, thank goodness.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Wow! Well I moved into Belladonna Cove!

Okay so I'm playing the game, and it's so strange. Such a different feel to it. I missed it :mrgreen:

But what I can't figure out, is how to focus the camera on my sim. In TS3 you can lock the camera on your sim, but here I've been trying to figure out how. And for some reason, there is no downtown area, but I'm assuming you have to add it through the neighborhood options. My sim in jobless, and I don't know how to make her own her own business. Lol I feel like such a noob :lol: . Completely forgot how to do everything.

And how do you play the game in Windowed Mode? I don't like playing full screen.
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:

Okay so I'm playing the game, and it's so strange. Such a different feel to it. I missed it :mrgreen:

But what I can't figure out, is how to focus the camera on my sim. In TS3 you can lock the camera on your sim, but here I've been trying to figure out how. And for some reason, there is no downtown area, but I'm assuming you have to add it through the neighborhood options. My sim in jobless, and I don't know how to make her own her own business. Lol I feel like such a noob :lol: . Completely forgot how to do everything.

And how do you play the game in Windowed Mode? I don't like playing full screen.

I was trying to figure out the same, as I too do not like playing in full screen.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:

I was trying to figure out the same, as I too do not like playing in full screen.

I think I found the solution. I just did it. I'm currently getting some CC/Mods right now, but after I'm done, I'll see if that worked.

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Windowed_Mode
  • Options
    Ladybug889Ladybug889 Posts: 943 Member
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:

Right click on the sims 2 desktop icon and go to properties. Then where is says "target" add a space at the end and put -w so it looks like Sims2EP9.exe" -w

Never mind, you already found it.
  • Options
    Pandagirl9449Pandagirl9449 Posts: 911 Member
    edited July 2014
    Right click your Sim to focus on them.

You have to use the phone or computer to start your own business.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    9c9d92be-cc56-47e0-bbe8-71092228a768_zps0e054e3c.png

Here's my sim. Her name is Jhené (pronounced Jhen-AY). She's wearing a nose ring, which is something I really missed. I wish we had them in TS3. This sim doesn't have any CC. I find that TS2 males are really ugly, so I'm going to have to resort to CC for that.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Right click your Sim to focus on them.

You have to use the phone or computer to start your own business.

Oh right click? Gosh I feel no noob-ish :lol: . It's all coming back to me, thanks :wink:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Install them to Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads.

I went to Documents --> EA Games --> The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. But in that folder there is no Downloads folder. I guess I should just make one.

And do both CC and Mods go in the Downloads folder?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    And of course, the download didn't come with BodyShop :( . Just my luck :cry::cry:
  • Options
    3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    edited July 2014
    What are some good CC sites for the sims 2? I never knew CC existed when I played that game. In recent years, I had downloaded some stuff from MTS but was hoping to find more.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    LauriApp wrote:
    What are some good CC sites for the sims 2? I never knew CC existed when I played that game. In recent years, I had downloaded some stuff from MTS but was hoping to find more.

I looked online and I found The Sims Resource. They have really nice hair. I've never had issues with that site, like some people have.
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited July 2014
    Does the Ultimate Collection have all the eps, or do I need to manually load those to play them?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    AthenaOnyx wrote:
    Does the Ultimate Collection have all the eps, or do I need to manually load those to play them?

The Ultimate Collection contains all of the EPs and SPs. :wink:
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    And of course, the download didn't come with BodyShop :( . Just my luck :cry::cry:

You checked in the \Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin location, yes? That's where bodyshop is for me.
  • Options
    PyziaPyzia Posts: 110 Member
    edited July 2014
    kirby356 wrote:

There is bodyshop I think. I saw icon in one of folders. I don't remember which and I;m at work so I cannot check it :( Maybe when I get back home ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    hihi122122 wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:

You checked in the \Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin location, yes? That's where bodyshop is for me.

Where is that? I can't seem to find the Origin games file.