Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New anyone else get their demo code today? (old forum was messed up)

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,534 Member
    edited July 2014
    AstroX1424 wrote:
    Yes just download origin first and then download the demo.

I know that but does that mean I can download the demo to more then one pc? All my pc's have orgin already installed.
  • Options
    SimSassybreeSimSassybree Posts: 473 Member
    edited July 2014
    If the gurus don't have any control over the waves, how do they even know when they're going out, or that they're still sending them out?

I think they DO have control - they are just not giving it out to us. Check out the following video. In the beginning, she says that a Guru on Twitter gave her a copy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcms2FepcEM

That is how most of the blogger/youtubers/sims news people got theirs. It is advertisement for the game and they were sent to codes on the first day. Since then it has been supposed to be only random invites. I am sure there are some Gurus who have the ability to add people, but most of the more vocal Gurus who are getting inundated with requests are likely not working on the demo.
  • Options
    jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    edited July 2014
    AstroX1424 wrote:
    Yes just download origin first and then download the demo.

I know that but does that mean I can download the demo to more then one pc? All my pc's have orgin already installed.

Yes, you just have to be logged into your origin account to use it.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Is there a particular time when they send the demos out?

4pm eastern and it's almost 7pm now. I don't know if Simguru Sarah meant the waves are shipping now or sometimes before everyone gets the demo. I don't think thier shipping now.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    mpdrei wrote:

Again I ask because I think my question was missed two pages back. Does Sarah mean today?
  • Options
    MiguelRey16MiguelRey16 Posts: 57
    edited July 2014
    Is there a particular time when they send the demos out?

4pm eastern and it's almost 7pm now. I don't know if Simguru Sarah meant the waves are shipping now or sometimes before everyone gets the demo. I don't think thier shipping now.
    One can hope... But maybe since no more signing up, this will be a big wave. Like i said, lets all HOPE.
  • Options
    ArachneArachne Posts: 238 Member
    edited July 2014
    mpdrei wrote:

Again I ask because I think my question was missed two pages back. Does Sarah mean today?

She hasn't said, but she was still tweeting a couple of minutes ago.
  • Options
    steve7859steve7859 Posts: 3,824 Member
    edited July 2014
    Ive been so busy playing the sims 2 and making lets plays for it i completely forgot about the demo!! lol i hope i get it so i can make some videos to put on my channel as my subscribers keep asking me every 5 mins if i have it!
  • Options
    HazzaPlumbobHazzaPlumbob Posts: 2,455 Member
    edited July 2014
    It probably would have helped to know which Guru's are actually working on the demo! :P
    But at least we know to stop asking Sarah now.

Untitled_zps10f0518c.png
  • Options
    veggiveggi Posts: 171 Member
    edited July 2014
    Untitled_zps10f0518c.png

Yet she knows invites are going out still...

What the heck?!
  • Options
    SlyBootsSlyBoots Posts: 559 Member
    edited July 2014
    I still have no demo! There was an ickle part of me which thought by signing up for early trials I might actually get the demo, but luck doesn't sway my way :lol:

Anyhow, I'm not expecting to get it until global release date now. That seems far more realistic and will save my dreams from being crushed!
  • Options
    ZombnomZombnom Posts: 114 Member
    edited July 2014
    mpdrei wrote:

This is all she said. They have yet to specify dates. Just thought I'd share the good news that waves are still going out.
  • Options
    phineas1920phineas1920 Posts: 935 Member
    edited July 2014
    veggi wrote:
    Untitled_zps10f0518c.png

Yet she knows invites are going out still...

What the heck?!

My point exactly. I don't think she knows anything at all.
    5fhzzo.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I don't think any waves went out today. Looks like it will be next week. I was hoping it would be this week so they could go ahead and announce the release date as to when it will be available to everyone.

The following Tuesday is August 12th. By the way don't look for any waves on Monday because they only release on Tuesday and Thursday.
  • Options
    HazzaPlumbobHazzaPlumbob Posts: 2,455 Member
    edited July 2014
    Welp! I'm going to bed, good luck everyone! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    veggiveggi Posts: 171 Member
    edited July 2014
    ugh. This is just the WORST. Really wish they'd stop being cagey and give us a DATE.

I don't even care if I get the demo now... I just want a date when it's available so I can stop POINTLESSLY checking Origin.

This is just poorly done. What is with the secrecy and walk-backs?

They know something, they don't know something. Why bother saying ANYTHING if you really DON'T KNOW?
  • Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2014
    Why they won't tell us is beyond me...
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited August 2014
    I don't think any waves went out today. Looks like it will be next week. I was hoping it would be this week so they could go ahead and announce the release date as to when it will be available to everyone.

The following Tuesday is August 12th. By the way don't look for any waves on Monday because they only release on Tuesday and Thursday.
    That is not official. They do larger waves after every update.
    There have been small waves on the weekend [dont remember which day] and on a wednesday.
    Anyone can get the demo at any time if its still being rolled out.

How do we know that theyre not gonna do a huge wave tomorrow?

Keep hope alive, because i sure havent.
  • Options
    DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    edited August 2014
    I've already given up on the whole "Demo" thing. It goes out to a few people here and there and the rest of us just miss out but EA doesn't say why or anything. Waves my eye.
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,132 Member
    edited August 2014
    If we don't get it by the end of the day Monday (well, it will be late at night for me) I will give up any remaining shred of hope that we will get it before 12th August, if then.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited August 2014
    If we don't get it by the end of the day Monday (well, it will be late at night for me) I will give up any remaining shred of hope that we will get it before 12th August, if then.

It might not even be august 12th, afterall EA haven't actually confirmed a public release date yet, it's still later this summer. :(
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,132 Member
    edited August 2014
    kovu0207 wrote:

It might not even be august 12th, afterall EA haven't actually confirmed a public release date yet, it's still later this summer. :(

I know. I'm rather dubious about the 12th. For weeks I hoped they'd roll it out sooner but they didn't listen to us. But to my mind it goes:

Today
    Monday
    12th
    All hope is gone :(
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited August 2014
    i don't think it will come out until just before the game comes out. i'll believe it when i see it EA.... :?
  • Options
    Addicted2FashionAddicted2Fashion Posts: 507 Member
    edited August 2014
    Still demoless..
    2dlpsog.png

• Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    edited August 2014
    Still demoless and refuse to preorder until I get to try the demo.

Hey EA...you can have my money "Later this summer aka "soon".
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top