Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Sims still Look BETTER!

Comments

• Options
    ClaudiaElzoClaudiaElzo Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Shadoza2 wrote:
    Sims 3 sims are so fu.cking ugly lol . I needed a ton of CC to make them look decent not even gorgeous just decent. They all have the same stupid round face xD

The width of the face is adjustable....as well as the height of the face.

I adjust the width all the time and made it as thin as possible. They are weird looking.
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited July 2014
    whatever helps you sleep at night.
  • Options
    GameLover16GameLover16 Posts: 361 Member
    edited July 2014
    I think TS4 sims look like a beautified version of TS2 sims.
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited July 2014
    Doesn't that t3 sim have cc skin? It sure looks like it to me.

But even so, I really don't see that much difference between the two. I think 4 will surpass 3 once the community artist get their good skins, eyes and hair out for us.

If you fuss with t3, you can make beautiful sims. At least I can and at least, they are beautiful in my eyes. I fully anticipate being able to make beautiful sims in 4 as well, once I get the hang of the pushy/pully thing.

I really don't see how threads like this are helpful. This kind of thing is completely subjective; beauty is in the eye of the beholder and there is simply no point in holding up one next to the other. The t4 team has pretty much finished with the style of sims they are offering up in this game and it's all going to be a matter of personal preference as to which is more beautiful. :roll:
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    GameLover16GameLover16 Posts: 361 Member
    edited July 2014
    ^^ Agreed. No one can really say which sims look better because everyone's idea of beauty is different.
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited July 2014
    windweaver wrote:
    Doesn't that t3 sim have cc skin? It sure looks like it to me.

But even so, I really don't see that much difference between the two. I think 4 will surpass 3 once the community artist get their good skins, eyes and hair out for us.

If you fuss with t3, you can make beautiful sims. At least I can and at least, they are beautiful in my eyes. I fully anticipate being able to make beautiful sims in 4 as well, once I get the hand of the pushy/pully thing.

I really don't see how threads like this are helpful. This kind of thing is completely subjective; beauty is in the eye of the beholder and there is simply no point in holding up one next to the other. The t4 team has pretty much finished with the style of sims they are offering up in this game and it's all going to be a matter of personal preference as to which is more beautiful. :roll:

This thread is helpful because it allows players to express their ideas and feelings. This releaves stress so fewer dogs in the world get kicked. It also allows players to realize that they are not alone in their concerns or feelings. See, all kinds of help. :P
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    edited July 2014
    Shadoza2 wrote:
    Sims 3 sims are so fu.cking ugly lol . I needed a ton of CC to make them look decent not even gorgeous just decent. They all have the same stupid round face xD

The width of the face is adjustable....as well as the height of the face.

I adjust the width all the time and made it as thin as possible. They are weird looking.
    Mess with jaw/chin. Especially jaw width and jaw shape.
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    edited July 2014
    Deshong04 wrote:
    SimChic1 wrote:
    UtaDagda wrote:
    tumblr_n13gmzMUwe1sh6xelo1_1280.jpg

Comparisons of all TS game Sims of the same Sim.
    Whenever I see that picture, I always feel like the Sims 3 sim was made to look worse than the Sims 4 sim.

@Deshong04-You have beautiful sims, with and without CC :-)

You're welcome :wink:
  • Options
    vipmiavipmia Posts: 1 New Member
    look Sims 4 thanks to CC can look good too
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2014
    I wonder if they do, in game I mean. There seems to be a huge difference between the CAS sim in 4 and the sim in the game.
    And their moves and smirks spoil them completely for me. No cc can fix that I'm afraid.
    Whether you like cc in Sims 3 or not is personal, but at least you get in the game what you put in CAS.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Sims 3 look better, even without CC. Sims 4 sims look too cartoon-y. I hate their look, and the world too. It reminds me of playing a mash up between My Sims and Sims Social. I get they were trying to go back to the Sims 2 roots, but they missed the mark.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I love the TS3 look :)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    DinosaurCaydieDinosaurCaydie Posts: 35 Member
    I think it honestly depends on whether or not you like the idea of cartoon characters. Some people might like realistic, some people might like the cartoony-aspect of them. I personally like both.
    tumblr_n84918qXjV1qjp8d7o1_500.gif
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Nah, Sims 3 sims are pretty ugly without CC. I don't think I'm going to buy sims 4 anytime soon, though. Even with all of the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 glitches, I'm still attached to this game.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    fan00123fan00123 Posts: 541 Member
    Honestly, I'm okay with the way Sims 4 sims look, it's just that I would probably get tired of it after playing it for a while. So, I still prefer the look of the Sims 3 sims.
    Hello! Origin ID: Fan00123 My Page Thanks to all the lovely & generous simmers on here, I can now say, "I Own the Store! :smiley:"
  • Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    lol that is CC. Making Sims is hella easier in TS4 though. I'd probably won't use a cc skin ever for that game
  • Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    I like the way the sims in TS4 look, but I still prefer the TS3 sims. Of course, I do have a lot of custom skins for TS3 and none for TS4, but that's because what they have out for TS4 isn't really my taste. I'm very picky when it comes to skins and contacts.
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Sims 3 sims only look good with cc hair, skin, eyes, etc.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    LunBeautyLunBeauty Posts: 2,734 Member
    edited November 2014
    @AiHaou Eh, there are some CC free sims that look pretty decent in TS3, but CC does improve quite a bit.

Screenshot-88_zpsc7925f9e.jpg
    Here's one of my CC free couples that I had when I first got the game and played on a pathetic laptop than could barely handle more than one expansion. It could barely handle the poses that I had downloaded, and at that time, I only had maybe three or four pieces of CC installed, but nothing really CAS related.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    CC in 3 or no CC must be very personal, because I don't like most CC at all (I only like CC that looks closest to the game). A couple of my sims had CC treatments (in contests and other people's story's) and they became totally unrecognizable and creepy to me.
    Maybe because I never play the sims as being models? I don't know, they have to fit into my game so to speak.
    It is too bad most people stick to the pudding look; if you use the sliders it's very well possible to make them attractive, also without CC. My only problem is sims of the same creator tend to all look like brothers and sisters because CAS is very limited. But CC sims all look the same as well (even more so if people use the same CC).

I don't dislike cartoony, I just don't like the way it's handled in Sims 4.
    And then there is the problem the sims in S4 CAS look so much better than they do in the game. I took some shots in the park the other day, there just is nothing appealing for me in those faces:

Sims_zps17b64777.png

They look completely pudding to me. It doesn't matter how big their nose is or how big their eyelids are, they all have the same kind of faces. Which is also caused by their animations.
    I really wonder if CC can even save them. In S3 I don't use it, in 4 I would (if they'd change the game into something I want to play).
    At least I want real eyelashes.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,540 Member
    edited December 2014
    I can't say I was ever satisfied with any of the Sims from The Sims series.
    In all the games, I tend not to like the sims EA creates, but don't mind my own sims.

I like TS4 CAS, but I can't get past the cartoon wrapper that the game has layered over them.
    09-06-14_1-22nbspAM-2.png

Male muscular bodies the system creates look awful to me.
    09-14-14_7-34nbspPM-3.png

I like my sims, but playing them in their cartoon world just puts me off. I don't even play the game anymore.
    MySims.jpg

Mo3.gif

I like TS3 sims in a way, with more realism, but TS3 CAS is still too limited with limited controls over chin, forehead shape, and jaw angle.
    Screenshot-167.jpg

Screenshot-538.jpg

The sims EA creates always sends me into a makeover frenzy.
    EmmyStarr.jpg

Matthew Hamming
    MattewHamming.jpg

Marina Prattle
    MarinaPrattle.jpg

Vlad Schlick
    VlasSchlick.jpg

Jessica Talon
    JessicaTalon.jpg

Beau Merrik
    BeauMerrik.jpg

Polly Maloney
    PollyMaloney.jpg

Dina Caliente (Bridgeport import)
    DinaCaliente.jpg

Lilly-Bo Chique
    Lilly_BoChique.jpg

Suzy Strummer
    SuzyStrummer.jpg

Lenny Shutter
    Lenny.jpg

I am sticking with TS3 despite any flaws and limitations.

Update to this post.
    I am now exploring CC to see how I can fix this game to be something I like.
    OliviadefaultandCCd.png

12-18-14_12-24nbspAM.png
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    CK213 wrote: »
    In all the games, I tend not to like the sims EA creates, but don't mind my own sims.
    I only really played S3, but it's exactly like this. Most townies look blegh, but my own sims are perfectly alright for me. This even caused some 'incestuous' situations in my legacy, because I liked the offspring of familymembers still living in town so much I decided they were good marriage material (grandnieces, grandnephews etc). Better than choosing a townie, I never did that (even though they have improved over the years).
    Mo3.gif
    This is such a good example! In the still she looks great, but once the animation starts it's terrible.

Your CC sims are - for me, like I said I'm not too fond of CC overall - a good example of 'measured out' CC.
    Meaning: they still fit in the game.
    But it's the (lack of) sliders that are the major problem for me in 3. And the fact it's really hard to make them unique.
    Sims Medieval is much better that way (although strangely enough CAS is more limited in that game).

8317720_orig.png

Before it was announced I was really hoping this was what Sims 4 would have in store for us.

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    alexandra5alexandra5 Posts: 234 Member
    edited December 2014
    ↑ ↑ ↑ that looks perfect!
    But the sims 3 skins are better than the sims 4's
  • Options
    alexandra5 wrote: »
    ↑ ↑ ↑ that looks perfect!<br />
    But the sims 3 skins are better than the sims 4's
    Especially in the game, absolutely. I don't think it's a coincidence my computer only crashes in CAS. I think my video card is having trouble there and not in live mode ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited December 2014
    Totally Agree!
    4589d2e2-409a-420c-adf5-0ee5ca12d5fe_zpsa80532ed.jpg
    Screenshot-233_zps13f61212-1_zpsa6c25772.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top