Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Sims still Look BETTER!

Comments

• Options
    NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    I like the Sims 4 sims a lot better. However, I find that the genetics between male and female don't correspond well, especially when it comes to noses. My sim males always end up with very thin noses even if that same nose as a female is broad. I didn't notice that issue in Sims 3. But I'd rather have the male "Hollywood" noses than spending hours in the Sims 3 just to create a sim that was unique yet pretty.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited December 2014
    sunnyshay wrote: »
    I think the Sims 4 look better. I don't really like having to get a lot of CC to get my sim to look attractive or at least a certain way. That's what I like about TS4, it doesn't take much to make good looking sims and I have yet the desire to add CC. <br />
    <br />
    Also, I think its kind of creepy to make and want 'realistic' looking sims. But to each its own, I guess.
    In fact that's exactly how I feel about Sims 4. I never missed cc in S3 but like CK213 I feel Sims 4 desperately needs it (I love your Olivia character by the way). But i don't see myself surfing down all kinds of websites to look for great cc, that's just not for me. I want to start my game and play.

I agree you made the game look so much better CK213. Even their eyebrows seem under control, do I see that correctly?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    PixelsSquaredPixelsSquared Posts: 3,265 Member
    edited December 2014
    @Jimil I love him! His eyes.
    sims152318 wrote: »
    I'll pop in a CC vs. No CC comparison for TS3 right here:

CC:
    15513567404_cd47b25c32_o.jpg

No CC:
    15948454868_a25d6ede53_o.jpg

Big difference, right? I didn't change anything except for their skin, eyes, and makeup. I did forget to change Vanessa's eyebrows to base game eyebrows though. I also forgot to remove her S-Club Eyelashes.

cannot_be_unseen.jpg
    Sims of mine participated in other people's story's and competitions, covered in cc and I hated it. They suddenly had those weird eyes and shiny skins and nylon hair, they turned into total creeps. Identical to the other cc covered sims in the picture.

118_zps4a0a50fa.png

Sorry, I just really prefer him without cc.

You have quite a nice Sim. :) The point I'm trying to get across is that vanilla TS4 looks better compared to a vanilla TS3, IMO. I think the vanilla TS4 skin and eyes look better and the face sculpting capabilities are much less limited in TS4 than in TS3 Well, beauty in the eye of the beholder though. ;)

PS: I'll post TS4 CC vs. No CC comparisons when I get home.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    Time Won't Keep Us Apart - A story.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    edited December 2014

CC:

No CC:

Big difference, right? I didn't change anything except for their skin, eyes, and makeup. I did forget to change Vanessa's eyebrows to base game eyebrows though. I also forgot to remove her S-Club Eyelashes.

cannot_be_unseen.jpg
    Sims of mine participated in other people's story's and competitions, covered in cc and I hated it. They suddenly had those weird eyes and shiny skins and nylon hair, they turned into total creeps. Identical to the other cc covered sims in the picture.

118_zps4a0a50fa.png

You have quite a nice Sim. :) The point I'm trying to get across is that vanilla TS4 looks better compared to a vanilla TS3, IMO. Well, beauty in the eye of the beholder though. ;)

My point is I don't agree ;) I love the way this sim turned out. He's a sweet looking man and he looks human.
    I regret though I'm kind of forced to create the same kind of sims in 3 because CAS is so limited. Also meaning that it's hard to create male sims that look good as females and vice versa (which is important when you play a legacy).

I don't like the vanilla S4 sims in the game for reasons I flamed a little about in a similar topic in the Sims 4 section a couple of hours ago. It's mostly the plastic look and their facial expressions that completely define their looks and override everything you had in mind for them in CAS.

But all in all in my opinion there's just something not right with the way the creators handle the characters. Not in 2, not in 3 and not in 4. Imho they seemed to get it in TSM. That would have been perfect for me, in combination with the CAS tools in 4.

CC save sims in 3 for a lot of people (I'm kind of a rare species I fear for not liking it lol). Thing is: can CC really save the sims in 4? Is there CC that will control those eyebrows and facial expressions? Can't tell based on pictures only.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014

CC:

No CC:

cannot_be_unseen.jpg

118_zps4a0a50fa.png

You have quite a nice Sim. :) The point I'm trying to get across is that vanilla TS4 looks better compared to a vanilla TS3, IMO. Well, beauty in the eye of the beholder though. ;)

My point is I don't agree ;) I love the way this sim turned out. He's a sweet looking man and he looks human.
    I regret though I'm kind of forced to create the same kind of sims in 3 because CAS is so limited. Also meaning that it's hard to create male sims that look good as females and vice versa (which is important when you play a legacy).

I don't like the vanilla S4 sims in the game for reasons I flamed a little about in a similar topic in the Sims 4 section a couple of hours ago. It's mostly the plastic look and their facial expressions that completely define their looks and override everything you had in mind for them in CAS.

But all in all in my opinion there's just something not right with the way the creators handle the characters. Not in 2, not in 3 and not in 4. Imho they seemed to get it in TSM. That would have been perfect for me, in combination with the CAS tools in 4.

CC save sims in 3 for a lot of people (I'm kind of a rare species I fear for not liking it lol). Thing is: can CC really save the sims in 4? Is there CC that will control those eyebrows and facial expressions? Can't tell based on pictures only.

Someone is bound to create subtler facial animations for TS4 that override the default over-the-top animations. Shimrod101 at MTS already created a mod to override the crazy walk styles, so overriding the facial animations might be possible. Also, the glossiness in TS4 eyes (not the actual eye texture, but the eye specular) is a bit too strong (makes them look washed out), so I hope that someone can make it subtler as well.

I do agree that TSM did have amazing graphics that had a perfect balance between real life and a cartoon. It looks kind of like Dragon Age graphics and TS3 graphics mixed together. TSM's graphics requirements weren't too far off from TS3's and TS4's graphics requirements either.

ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
    MTS: SimsForever15 | Origin: vba152318 | Paradox: PixelsSquared | Simblr: PixelsSquared
  • Options
    Twilight2757Twilight2757 Posts: 55 Member
    I really like playing The Sims 3 because of all the features, and all the EPs and SPs that I have, but unfortunately, I do have to use a lot of CC to make my sims the way I really want. In the Sims 4, I like how customizable the sims are, I just don't like the hair they've added, but that's about it. It'll probably be awhile before I even buy the Sims 4 with all the reviews I've read. I think I'll wait until they've added more EPs and add more game play. :))
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I don't disagree that 4 sims can look nice straight out of CAS. I admit some of the features look nicer, vanilla to vanilla.
    However, don't play vanilla, I play with what I have. I play with what I like, what I prefer. I compare what I have in one game to what I have in the other, not what like TS3 is like without CC to what 4 is like without. Not sure if that makes sense...

For the record, if I were to spend any amount of time in 4 I would be using CC.

I don't feel my sims are pudding, I rather like the way they look. Yes, I like them better with CC, because.. well...

Screenshot-43_zpsdc073ba9.jpg
    TOES!!!!!

And I prefer TS3 for many reasons, including..
    Screenshot-27_zps53bdfbc5.jpg

• Options
    Well, here's a quick CC vs No CC comparison for TS4, just as I promised:

16140153642_cc12ce3a8f_o.png

15955140797_3554497d0c_o.png
    I kept his CC hair because it was just a TS4 gender conversion.
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

CC:

No CC:

cannot_be_unseen.jpg

118_zps4a0a50fa.png

Someone is bound to create subtler facial animations for TS4 that override the default over-the-top animations. Shimrod101 at MTS already created a mod to override the crazy walk styles, so overriding the facial animations might be possible. Also, the glossiness in TS4 eyes (not the actual eye texture, but the eye specular) is a bit too strong (makes them look washed out), so I hope that someone can make it subtler as well.

I do agree that TSM did have amazing graphics that had a perfect balance between real life and a cartoon. It looks kind of like Dragon Age graphics and TS3 graphics mixed together. TSM's graphics requirements weren't too far off from TS3's and TS4's graphics requirements either.
    If I ever regain the wish to even want to play Sims 4 I think I'll check out such adjustments first. Because certain things in the game really annoy me in ways I've never been annoyed in Sims 3. And won't be annoyed in Sims 2 I'm sure, even though I don't consider those sims overly attractive. I'm afraid they are irritating me in a way others are irritated by the puddingfaces. It's the way they look and the way they are standing and it has been like that for me since day 1, when we were all curiously watching that very first anouncement. I really thought it was April Fools Day and that everybody would start to laugh and point and yell 'so come on, now show us the real sims of 4!'

P.s. Would you believe me if I say I didn't even know toddlers don't have toes Jessa lol?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    xBob18xBob18 Posts: 7,893 Member
    I like the look of TS4 sims in stills. But when they start doing those silly over-the-top facial expressions, I'd rather look at TS2 sims (who look like monkeys).
    oh3cjs.jpg
  • Options
    @astidentanja, well, they don't have toes like that. That is a CC overlay to give decent feet to toddlers. Toddler toes are adorable, gonna be hard to keep shoes on her now!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    @astidentanja, well, they don't have toes like that. That is a CC overlay to give decent feet to toddlers. Toddler toes are adorable, gonna be hard to keep shoes on her now!

@Jessa_Dakkar

Have you tried using these.

tumblr_msz9i0cRwX1qjc78to1_r3_1280.png
    ypU37gD.gif
    Pricefield forever.
  • Options

Have you tried using these? They replace the bare feet mesh for children and toddlers with feet that have actual 3D toes! They do have around 2,000 polys though, but that shouldn't be too much.

tumblr_msz9i0cRwX1qjc78to1_r3_1280.png

Yes! Those are the feet I got. I got them yesterday and I was so excited to see my toddler with them last night. So cute! They'll be hidden a lot for a while since it is winter in my game and will be for quite some time. It's ok, she's gonna stay a toddler for a very long time too. I may age her up literally this coming summer. Now if I could only find toddler hair I like, for young toddlers such as mine. Even the shorter ones I find are too helmet-like or wig-like and full, like those prostitots you see on tv. I love the Pixie Bow hair she's got, it's EA but I'm tired of the bow all the time. I've seen a redo of it without the bow but it's got a weird separation.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Yes, I understood as much, I meant I never noticed they don't have normal toes in the game.
    Those little toes are adorable indeed, I bet all your toddlers are barefoot now haha.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    I'm only playing one family who has a toddler right now. Actually, that is really the only family I am playing. The other one is a tester family for the world I have in progress. I've decided to stick with this family a while. :) Ohh, I think in the game they have rather block feet with shadow lines drawn on to separate the 'toes'. They're not bad at all, they're still cute. :) And worlds better than TS4 toddler toes.... *ahem*....
  • Options
    xdominicanboyxxdominicanboyx Posts: 71 Member
    > @Alysha1988 said:
    > As much as I dislike ts4 you really cannot compare a sims 3 sim loaded to the brim with CC to a vanilla sims 4 sim. People always used to do the same when trying to argue that sims 2 sims looked better than sims 3 sims but it just doesn't work. You need to compare vanilla to vanilla or CC to CC.

Go to bed. Lol
  • Options
    LaAbbyLaAbby Posts: 3,742 Member
    The OP is pandabear?? So that's troll # 1 ...
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Hey this thread's back. Time for a copypasta response.
    Anyways, I took four of my sims into a base-game environment. I did this as close to TS3 at release would have been: only base-game content and no CC. I did my best to make sure that post-release sliders (breast size, nostril rotate, etc.) were at zero. I didn't use the makeup opacity slider, or body hair. I even tried to make sure that their clothes didn't use post-release patterns (though I probably messed up there).

Oh yeah, look at these samey, chubby-faced losers, amirite?

Uq8QELS.png

Funny enough, the first two (from the left) manage to look unique even though they're two characters of mine who are specifically father and daughter.

I also included two born in-game sims of mine just to mix things up:

jCVIq4B.png

The blond one forgot to get his insane trait nixed and was in mid-conversation with himself. But look at that profile. So pudding:

FbkbsJf.png

Yes, I think TS3's sims look better.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    Rock'nLlamaRock'nLlama Posts: 175 Member
    I have total faith in the Sims CC and modding community <3

Honestly, you guys are A-MAZ-ING. EA owes you SO MUCH for making their games so much more than what they release. From Sims 1 to Sims 4, you guys are what make the sims beautiful to look at with all your hard work!

How the sims 4 sims look will never be what makes me decide to purchase the game or not. I know, with time, that they will look just as nice if not better than the Sims 3 sims, simply because of the effort the sim community will put into it.

It's the actual gameplay itself that will keep me from buying the game, at least for now. I didn't start playing the sims 3 either until pretty much all the expansions were out. I just prefer it that way <3
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    I think the sims in Sims 4 do look better aside from the cartoony hair, but what I don't like about it is the lack of an open world, customization, toddlers, and constant loading screens.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited March 2015
    I agree and do not use CC to compensate, could post pics all day,for one if your graphics settings are correct which alot of peoples are not :o called out a popular sim video maker on it earlier Premade Sims are amazing and store outfits and hair look more CC then you think.Used in pics are base game eyes,lips Sims 3 game makeup everything.No CC no genetics changed nothing,Kitty landgrabb was aged down after revive using an elixir :o

OMG such a pretty sim must be CC..nope just Kitty langrabb revived(Base game default sim) outfit from Dragon Valley,hair from Sims 3 store leggings from base game.
    Screenshot-159_zpsuegrq598.jpg

Wow she is amazing must be CC..nope actually just took Constance Shelley's glasses off threw roaring heights hair on her
    Screenshot-16_zpslpct5wdf.jpg
    In game pic,outfit is a Sims 3 outfit
    Screenshot-20_zpscspwiq9v.jpg
    Woah she is beautiful..CC huh? nope just revive Lolita Goth who is a Base game ghost then throw this same Sims hair on her and outfit from Grims manor.
    Screenshot-135_zpsgnjp2doa.jpg
    Awww she is soooo adorable must be CC? wish it was just Annabelle Oinkslopes base game ghost revived, took off her glasses threw her in Store hair tossed her in a hot tub.
    Screenshot-106_zpsyaz6jmlp.jpg

Fix your graphics people.Or buy a new computer that doesn't start by pulling a lawnmower cord

Post edited by CravenLestat on
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    UtaDagda wrote: »
    tumblr_n13gmzMUwe1sh6xelo1_1280.jpg

Comparisons of all TS game Sims of the same Sim.

Thanks for this. I think it perfectly illustrates my biggest problem with S4 and one that won't change. I can put up with missing components and lack of activities, to a point, because eventually they'll fill that in but the look of it is like a cartoon- which imho is different from animation and it's not just the sims. Everything in the S4 world looks cartoonish and too rounded, maybe flowing is the word. Recently I saw a picture someone posted of their yard or a park and the tree looked like melted chocolate- there was no sharp definition to it. Like the hair of the new sims which looks like a solid piece of plastic. I know the S3 hair sometimes left something to be desired but at least they were trying. Obviously the decision was to drop any attempt at realism- probably easier to handle the multiple graphic card options out there and have a "new" game that can still play on the computing systems of five years ago. I don't know but it still looks like a step back to me.
  • Options
    NaiaNaia Posts: 117 Member
    If not that plastic hair and a little too cartoonish graphics on The Sims 4,sims would look better.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    The sims 4 does look a bit better because of the cas options and sculpting faces. However I do prefer sims 3 look cause the sims in sims 3 have a realistic look without looking too realistic and not overly saturated with color nor look cartoonish. If you have a outstanding pc, the graphics are just amazing in sims 3. Everything looks really nice and soft to the eye and can sometimes look real.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited March 2015
    @CravenLestat

I will make a point, no you dont need cc however, your posting from the store. Not everyone is going to buy from the store (I do) and the base game hairs and some ep's many hairs are awful. Roaring heights does have some good hair. I don't like the last hair you posted it looks to stringy and many other ea hairs look stringy and unnatural from the sims 3. Also none of the hair is transparent in sims 3 or 4

sims 3 no cc

3b343d30-2d45-452b-abae-fbf5aa93af29_zps0pgoxtkw.jpg

691222e6-a3eb-4993-913f-a160e2e28e0e_zpskwnwt9uv.jpg

Sims 4 no cc

b12e0595-79b2-444a-88bc-34ec237285ed_zpsg4r5dh06.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top