Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hope there will be a harry potter expansion pack for the sims 4

Comments

• Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    edited July 2014
    Not everybody likes Harry Potter. And then there are copyright issues. If they make another Supernatural EP, then you should be able to make Harry Potter. I really don't think that EA can make one as the Harry Potter series is over with. And even if EA could, they would have to change the names of the characters because of copyright issues. I like the Harry Potter movies but no thanks to it being an EP.
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited July 2014
    They can make something close enough to it.
    I heard a "Magical University" expansion was a possibility.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited July 2014
    Oh wow I really hope not. Hate magic. Ugh. But I'm sure something magical will pop up eventually.
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    edited July 2014
    I don't.

Don't get me wrong I love Harry Potter. The all top my list of favourite books, and the movies are among my favourites. But I'd rather have generic EP's. I know I'd hate if they made a Twilight themed EP for example, so I think they should be generic themes. I'd rather see an EP that more people would enjoy and then just recreate what I could of the harry potter world and characters myself.
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited July 2014
    lisasc360 wrote:
    Not everybody likes Harry Potter. And then there are copyright issues. If they make another Supernatural EP, then you should be able to make Harry Potter. I really don't think that EA can make one as the Harry Potter series is over with. And even if EA could, they would have to change the names of the characters because of copyright issues. I like the Harry Potter movies but no thanks to it being an EP.

I agree. It would be due to copyright issues... And J.K Rowling would probably not appreciate that. 8)
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited July 2014
    Lets not have one and say we did .
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited July 2014
    No, not for me. I have read the Harry Potter books but I would not want an ep.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    saranel81saranel81 Posts: 138 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I wouldn't be interested in it, (magic and witches are not what I want to play with in the Sims games) but I'm sure plenty of simmers would love a "magic university" style EP. As other posters have pointed out, though, it would be nigh impossible for it to actually be a Harry Potter one. I also would hope that the devs could come up with something really original and creative instead of relying on an already established fandom.
  • Options
    xladyjxladyj Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm not a fan of pop culture being in the sims. Celebrities included.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited July 2014
    lisasc360 wrote:

Makin' Magic had enough Harry Potter elements. A few CC added, it was fully fledged.

I remember having all school uniforms and even a flying broom.
  • Options
    Shadoza2Shadoza2 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited July 2014
    xladyj wrote:

I agree. Players have the ability to create characters that can look like anyone. Better to just create your own and leave the added cost of copy-right leasing out.
  • Options
    cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    edited July 2014
    I like the film series, but if there were to be an EP like that, I wouldn't be buying it.
  • Options
    JHBrownJHBrown Posts: 566 Member
    edited July 2014
    No thanks.
  • Options
    2011simone2011simone Posts: 2,444 Member
    edited July 2014
    I can't stand harry potter so i wouldn't buy it
    My origin id is sim2011
  • Options
    colton147colton147 Posts: 9,663 Member
    edited July 2014
    xladyj wrote:

Except for Katy Perry sweet treats, but EA signed a contract with Katy Perry to allow her to pick a expansion and stuff pack for the Sims 3. Katy Perry decided Showtime and Sweet Treats. :P
  • Options
    delonarieldelonariel Posts: 615 New Member
    edited July 2014
    xladyj wrote:

TSM had a lot of pop-culture references to things like Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, The Lonely Island & Michael Bolton's Jack Sparrow song, and my personal favourite, a pirate called Pirate bo.oty, aka P-bo.oty, aka Pooty.

If they're clever about it I think pop-culture references are fun, but they can't just come out and do a Harry Potter EP. Makin Magic was close enough. I was never really comfortable with the Ikea and Diesel SPs or plopping an H&M down in my neighbourhood.

Edit: wow, they censure some strange words.
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited July 2014
    xladyj wrote:

Aaaw I loved the celebrities in sims Superstar! I remember freddie prince junior, marilyn monroe, avril lavigne and christina aguilera! :D
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yeah. And 'd like an A - list expansion pack , but that isn't going to happen either.
  • Options
    AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited July 2014
    I know practically nothing about the books or the author so I don't know if she would cooperate. But if she did it would hypothetically be possible. Think about the Katy Perry stuff. If the party who owns it agrees, stuff like that can happen. However I'm sure there would be a huge price tag for EA so that would probably be the deal breaker.

And to the person who referenced Making Magic -- I never played that game either but I would have to assume most of the stuff was generic. JK Rowling didn't invent magic like Stephenie Meyer didn't invent vampires. They only popularized those things.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited July 2014
    Harry Poteer is too yesterday for an EP.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)