Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA needs to rename this thing and start over

This is so much worse than I realized! I'm one of the people who had already decided that I was not going to purchase the Sims 4 simply because of the "no CasT." It may seem a little harsh but let's face it, EA designers have absolutely no taste, and I spend I huge amount of time adjusting every piece of furniture and clothing before I even start playing.

I keep checking the forums to see if this has changed and today I read THIS http://honeywellsims4news.tumblr.com/post/90934806596/the-sims-4-pools-toddlers-what-happened

I was speechless for a while, then had to say something.

It looks like EA initially decided to build a "game" in which you could create a Sim, plop him down in a Sim-ish created house with other Sims from all over whatever country your server was in and watch in amazement as they interacted with each other via this new, hypersensitive "emotional" interface. Wow. Brilliant. Sounds so exciting.

Guess what guys, that's still ALL we are getting, minus the online! EVERYTHING else is GONE! Read that list from the above link! It's horrible! And as I said, left me speechless for a while!

This is NOT a Sims game! EA needs to rename this abomination, repackage it for what it is, and START OVER!

Comments

• Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited July 2014
    What should they call it? Sims4get it!
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yep, welcome to the club. It's such a shame. The game could have had so much potential had they not squandered more than half of their development time on that mmo nonsense.

I hope they don't just dump the series after this failure and that they begin creating a really good sims 5.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yup, it is a total joke. It gets worse and worse everyday. :x
  • Options
    AnabelleLeeAnabelleLee Posts: 182 Member
    edited July 2014
    jimmysnan wrote:

I read a suggestion for New Coke :lol:
  • Options
    pandabearroxpandabearrox Posts: 2,295 Member
    edited July 2014
    Agreed. They should name it as a spin-off of the series, and not actually a sim game. This could be like those stories, or maybe another thing. But its not a sims game. They should rename/rebrand it and restart on the sims 4/5 and maybe meanwhile give us something new for the sims 3.
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    The Sims Emotioncoaster...
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2014
    At least half of the sims community disagrees.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    pandabearroxpandabearrox Posts: 2,295 Member
    edited July 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:

More like 25-35%
  • Options
    LadyGreenEyesLadyGreenEyes Posts: 928 Member
    edited July 2014
    jimmysnan wrote:

This! In spades!
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    edited July 2014
    jimmysnan wrote:

I read a suggestion for New Coke :lol:

Awwwww, did somebody beat me to it with a New Coke bit? :(
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Sirjohn4420Sirjohn4420 Posts: 421 Member
    edited July 2014
    heck call it sim city 2 and watch what happens on sept 2.
    2v9ekhx.gif
  • Options
    Starglitters9909Starglitters9909 Posts: 2,524 Member
    edited July 2014
    jimmysnan wrote:

It doesn't deserve to be called the sims 4. This is a stripped, watered down version of a sims game.
    6cca377d-2512-4319-9ce5-8f4c646cf7f8_zpsa768ec53.jpg
  • Options
    xladyjxladyj Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited July 2014
    Agreed. They should name it as a spin-off of the series, and not actually a sim game. This could be like those stories, or maybe another thing. But its not a sims game. They should rename/rebrand it and restart on the sims 4/5 and maybe meanwhile give us something new for the sims 3.

YES! My thoughts exactly :!: :!:
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited July 2014
    Writin_Reg wrote:

Really. It doesn't feel like half anymore. And I don't mean just here.

All sites I visit, people are disheartened.

And even if you love The Sims 4, you must be appaled by the way EA treated the game and the terrible, stressuful situation under which people who are developing this game had to perform their work.

We can't seriously read and watch the real things people from EA had to say and think these people are making these decisions having making a good game or fans satisfied in mind.
  • Options
    steveminecraftsteveminecraft Posts: 24 New Member
    edited July 2014
    jimmysnan wrote:

It doesn't deserve to be called the sims 4. This is a stripped, watered down version of a sims game.

You know what it should be called? The Sims 1 with aging and emotions! Graphics improved by 28%! No pools!
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited July 2014
    **Sarcasm on** - A real steal at $60 - $70 USD - **Sarcasm off**
    ETA: they should name it Sims 4 the knock off.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm not running down MMOs. They have their place. I've got friends who are extremely active in World of Warcraft, Skyrim and similar games. They work fine because everyone is working towards a common goal, whether it's to collect the most loot or kill cranky bosses or amass the most points to get on the leaderboard. The group of WoWers I know have a great guild where they pool resources; some specialize in going out on raids, others on gathering or creating armor or weapons or other gear for the raiders.

But that's not the Sims. That's not the kind of game the Sims franchise is.

It seems like someone at EA is thinking that we need a Sims Second Life. Not running that game down either; have friends who are still involved in SL, some quite heavily. But it's not for me, and it's not for a lot of people especially those who value their privacy. We don't want other people's Sims intruding on our Sims' daily life, and we certainly don't want "griefers" to come in and mess things up. And in a game that has quite a few younger players (13 and up), there are a lot of parents who would not want to give their children unfettered access to an online Sims world.

In a sense, we can be grateful for the epic fail of SimCity and its "always online" system. While we end up with only half a game (this game feels more like Sims 2.5, if not Sims 1.5), it could have been far worse indeed. And maybe they'll learn from this mistake and the SimCity debacle and come out with a new Sims game that restores the charm of Sims 2, the open world and flexibility of Sims 3, and whatever new things that might be worthwhile in Sims 4.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    JustMe123JustMe123 Posts: 160 Member
    edited July 2014
    I hope The Sims 5 is amazing. :D
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    edited July 2014
    It's depressing to know EA is alienating some of the game's fans & basically running them off from their gaming experience with this particular game.
    EA has to know what they are doing because its being voiced here & other places on the internet.
    Yet they still persist in going through with it. This is puzzling to me as well as they have to know they're
    going to lose revenue. And why would a company deliberately choose to lose revenue ?
    This doesn't make sense to me.
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited July 2014
    JustMe123 wrote:

Me too!!

If they hadn't squandered three years trying to make The Sims 4 an online game, they would have had plenty of time to create toddlers, pools, basements, CASt and all. The style of play should be unlimited, but this "Sims" game severely limits play styles. I want a game that lets everyone play their own way, not one that makes so many of us unable to do that. I'm hoping that TS5 won't be too long in coming.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    kovu0207kovu0207 Posts: 6,209 Member
    edited July 2014
    Mylita wrote:

Me too!!

If they hadn't squandered three years trying to make The Sims 4 an online game, they would have had plenty of time to create toddlers, pools, basements, CASt and all. The style of play should be unlimited, but this "Sims" game severely limits play styles. I want a game that lets everyone play their own way, not one that makes so many of us unable to do that. I'm hoping that TS5 won't be too long in coming.

Mylita

That bit in bold sums it up for me, well said. :)
    kovu0207ver2.jpg
  • Options
    Begrezen1Begrezen1 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited July 2014
    jimmysnan wrote:

You know what it should be called? The Sims 1 with aging and emotions! Graphics improved by 28%! No pools!

LOL! My thoughts exactly! (Aging simulation better in Sims 2 and 3 - Purchase at your own risk)
  • Options
    JustMe123JustMe123 Posts: 160 Member
    edited July 2014
    Mylita wrote:
    JustMe123 wrote:

Me too!!

Mylita

Well said! :D

The sims 2 is still my favourite, if only I could play it. :( 3 just wasn't fun for me, I appreciated the cool new features though - CASt, open world. I'm accepting that 4 is a mismanaged flop (as sad as I am about that) so I'm very much hoping that the sims team and especially ea can get it together to make the Sims 5 a true, updated sequel to The Sims. :)
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited July 2014
    Mylita wrote:
    JustMe123 wrote:

Me too!!

Mylita

It's going to be a LONG wait for Sims 5. I'm guessing 5-7 years.

What makes you so sure that Sims 5 will be so great anyway? It's still made by the same company. Regardless of the time constraints of Sims 4, Sims 3 was NOWHERE near flawless, and their some of their other franchises aren't looking too bright either.

Just imagine how advanced tablets will be in 5-7 years. :lol:
  • Options
    menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited July 2014
    I like Sims 4 - Lite ;)
    Half the content of past sims games with very low system requirments