Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*GASP!* A Life Simulation Game Without Enough Clutter?! PETITION!!! (35 sigs & counting!)

No explanation needed.

WANT TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT?- Thanks to Nyosim for the banner. :thumbup:

[u r l=http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/761713.page][I M G]http://i61.tinypic.com/zjdx1e.jpg[/IMG][/url]

(Copy and paste into "my preferences" and then remove the spaces in the first url and img tags)

zjdx1e.jpg

SUGGESTIONS

Vacuum with tangled up cord and possibly connected to wall/plugged in, which would act the same way as plumbing
Mops/bucket and brooms/dustpan slanted against wall
Basket full of sprays, cloths, rubber gloves, sponges, toilet plunger and the like
Fan/NOT ceiling-works same way as vacuum suggestion
Big pile of cardboard boxes- ripped open, neatly opened, taped up, drawn on, still flat, etc.
Tableware: plates, silverware, napkins, cups- these could be piled in a bunch, so that it looks like someone is throwing a party and/or they could be neatly set up, as if our sims are getting ready to eat. Stacked dishes (there should be a dirty AND clean option for this!)/china. Empty pots and pans, and a whistling tea kettle that is able to be placed on stoves
Office printer, copy machine, paper (huge stack) and shredder, folders/filing cabinets
Other supplies: paint brushes and paint cans or spray, pencils, crayons, pile of teeny tiny pictures on desk for scrapbooking, scissors, stapler, tape, glue, paper clips, photo album/scrapbook
Wrapping paper wadded up on floor in a large ball and a bunch of unopened wrapping paper still on it's roll inside a box
Knitting/yarn basket, sewing machine, crochet, coloring book, Paper Dolls!- arranged so someone was just playing with them, etc.
Pillows! Pillows everywhere! On the floor, on the couch, on the...Ceiling. :lol: :P
Kitchen supplies: mustard/ketchup- just these two in a bunch, so that we can place them on table, salt/pepper shakers-the same could be said for this, rotating ingredient container, cutting board, coffee grinder and canister that's recolorable, bread board with pie crust and rolling pin, meat grinder, bowl and whisk, mortar/pestle, bag of flour, sack of potatoes, 3-tier basket with onions, tomatoes, and garlic, bananas-alone for decor, fruit and vegetable baskets- we need things for our harvestables!"Plastic" food of all sorts to fill the empty bakery glass unit, food containers for kitchen shelves for current day and historical settings, can opener, drainer, dish detergent bottle, stove hood that is not a light
Maybe a fridge with magnets and pictures and clips on it with cereal boxes and other food on the top. Groceries to put on pantry shelves, Stack-able cans and jars that can go on all the shelves we have. krimsonnox has some great pics in this post for ideas.
Push Lawn mower with engine oil and gas beside it or separate!
Dirty/filthy old looking rain boots-Heck, a bunch of shoes piled up would be great!
Coat rack for hats, gloves, scarves and coats (obviously, and purses. Clutter of shopping totes/bags
Throw blankets/afghans that either "attach to" furniture or ones that we can place for ourselves.
Items hanging up in garage- tennis rackets, sideways ladder, bikes, seasonal supplies, etc.
Board games, card games, puzzles-maybe make a two door open cabinet, so we could see them put away or they could be laying out separately
Fashion magazines laying on table
Pottery
Ironing board!
Books! We can never have enough books! Small stack of books, books piled against bookend, single, open books, BIG open fairy tale book with beautiful pictures inside. The list goes on...
More posters of bands and movie stars, film reels and maybe a movie ticket wall plaque, as well? We need more art room clutter in general, too! Artwork-3 pieces of different sizes from at least 4 different genres: Medieval, Renaissance, PreRaphaelite, and Rococo. Then a more modern set, the same except: Art Nouveau, Americana, Surrealist, and Sci Fi!
Drinks: Two wine glasses, partially full and maybe even some individually full and empty ones, as well, an iced tea glass with lemon slice. Latte or Cappuccino, in a special cup. Same, but with two cups. Tea in a special cup, both Asian style and English fine China style. Coffee cups! How can we have a bunch of coffee tables and NO coffee cups?! Soda cans and water bottles- could be in separate cans and/or be in there boxes/stack, as if sims just bought them from the store or something
Chianti bottle, the one with the basket base. And then, of course, you have to have one with a candle sticking out of it!
Tea cup clutter!
Recolorable tissue box
More options for DVD and CD shelves for the TV set. We'd also like some game cases that are both open and closed.
Clothing: pile of CAStable clothes, one for the middle of the floor, one leaning against the wall, one for corners and another that would be allowed to fit on tables, clothes that hang on hangers- no store cart, please and a Clothes horse
Men: shaving set with razor, soap brush, ect.
Women: Fancy brush, comb, hand-held mirror set for a lady's dresser or several fancy perfume bottles on a tray. A pile of recently removed jewelry for a dresser top. A ring holder/small jewel box and cosmetics in a tray/fashion supplies- nail polish and files, curling iron
Plants: Single rose laying down-very small
End table sized statues and ornaments!- old world style
Gardening Supplies: Seed packages/labels, bag of fertilizer
Cabinets: China cabinet along the lines of the elixir cabinets from Supernatural that we could place all the small individual clutter in... A modern, country and traditional style cabinet with clear glass doors or even no doors at all
A functional bookcase that works as a shelf for clutter, too!- we could customize the way it looks with our sims clutter
Tiny Candles similar to the rounded one in the base game and ones that are in jars, as well- think Yankee Candles. We really need different designs!
A LARGE pile of toys- messy kids room is a must!
Medicine bottles and cabinet to go along with
BABY STUFF!!!!!- butt cream, lotion, shampoo, powders, bottles (prefer if this were NOT green), baby bottle drying rack, baby food/jars/cans of milk.
Bathroom: More toothbrushes, hair brushes and little medicine bottles and/or cabinet
Career clutter
More styles of shelves that differ from the bakery rack- a one tile version and modern styles

Sorta clutter-y, but not really- I know people have some really good ideas but they escape me, atm.

Light Switches
Radiator
Thermostat
Electrical outlets

PICS FOR INSPIRATION
(links in order from when they appear)

Untidy room w/lots of laundry
Assortment of clutter items
Kitchen and pantry
Miscellaneous

SIGNATURES

1. 60smusicluvr
2. AmaraRena
3. KaytayRoall
4. mangoesandlimes
5. Tiki5872
6. amjoie
7. alexspoom13
8. lisasc360
9. bshag4lv
10. suicidalcheetos
11. despina53
12. Sylvie1991
13. JodiRebby
14. AudreyFld
15. Blondie019
16. CandySims14
17. Karritz
18. pinkstar6206
19. Mandylcd
20. davina1221
21. PsychoChick966
22. Nyosim
23. lovejoyriteia
24. gmgar
25. anettesb
26. Blythelyre
27. dizzydee
28. krimsonnox
29. chopin27
30. Dragon123561
31. Rflong7
32. jillbg
33. Chocobitten
34. duyguugudur
35. sherrylynn8779

Comments

• Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited July 2014
    SO signed! LOL I always long for coffee cups to scatter around. What computer desk looks right without a coffee cup next to the computer??? LOL And...a coffee table but NO coffee cup??? C'mon! I was actually pretty SHOCKED that we didn't get tea cup clutter with the new tea set! :shock:

And BOOKS! We need all sorts of books! Individual books of different sizes. Open books. A big open fairytale book with pretty pictures on the pages wold be lovely as well! Some SMALL stacks of books that fit well on end tables! Books, books, books! LOL

Edited to Add: Regarding this, "
    Maybe a fridge with magnets and pictures and clips on it with cereal boxes and other food on the top. "

You can totally MOO the small wall shelf onto the top of your fridge and it will actually disappear into the fridge itself. THEN you can put small items up there! I usually put the breadbox there.

It's these little touches of "realism" that make decorating FUN Store Team! Take heed! LOL
  • Options
    KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've always thought that offices just don't look right without filing cabinets. Definitely second the need for coffee/tea cups. Maybe soda cans and water bottles for non-coffee/tea drinkers. More options for cd/dvd/whatever shelves next to TVs. Recolorable tissue box. Um, I'm sure I'll be back with more.
  • Options
    mangoesandlimesmangoesandlimes Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited July 2014
    Signed! I love the boxes idea. I'd also really love to have piles of clothes that are CAStable. One for the middle of the floor, one leaning against a wall, and one that would fit in corners. It'd be perfect for making hoarder sims or really messy teenager rooms. We don't really have the ability to make slob sims' rooms look like a slob lives there right now. Oh, and the clothes piles should be able to go on top of tables, too!

tumblr_n7uddmvAQ91qh02zpo8_1280.jpg

How about recolorable tissue boxes, too? And I want the iced tea pitcher and vegetable basket ideas that have been floating around as well.
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited July 2014
    Can I sign this more than once!! :lol: I would love a clutter set from the store and jump on it right away!
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
    edited July 2014
    End table sized statues and ornaments, in an old world style.

A single rose, laying down, for placing near other things on an end table (so it must have a very small footprint).

Wine bottle and two wine glasses, partially full.

Men's shaving set with razor, soap brush, ect.

For the ladies: Fancy brush, comb, hand-held mirror set for a lady's dresser or several fancy perfume bottles on a tray. A pile of recently removed jewelry for a dresser top. A ring holder/small jewel box.

Iced tea glass, with a lemon slice.

Latte or Cappuccino, in a special cup. Same, but with two cups.

Tea in a special cup, both Asian style and English fine China style -- and the same thing, but with two cups.

"Plastic" food of all sorts to fill the empty bakery glass unit

Food containers for kitchen shelves, current day

Food containers for kitchen shelves, historical setting

Kitchen tools/implements, current day

Kitchen tools/implements, historical setting (like a meat grinder, bowl and whisk, mortar/pestle, bag of flour, sack of potatoes, etc)

Empty stacked dishes for kitchen shelves

Empty pots and pans, and a whistling tea kettle that is able to be placed on stoves

bread board with pie crust and rolling pin

paper dolls arranged so it looks like someone was just playing with them

scrapbook/photo album and bottle of glue

paper, scissors, crayons and coloring book

I could go on and on -- I LOVE clutter!!
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited July 2014
    Signed!!! It's not like Misc Decor is too cramped or anything. ;):lol: I would absolutely love more clutter.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sign me up... :)

Granted that there are CC sites that have this stuff and all but it's stuff that EA should already have for their game and they shouldn't have to depend on 3rd parties to make it for the players to use. And not everyone likes to download and use CC in their game as this is stuff that EA should already have. I remember in TS2 we had a cereal box that I would put on to of the fridge.

Here are some of my pictures using what stuff that is in the game from the different EP's/SP's and stuff that I downloaded from ATS3.

In this picture, I used the paint deco from the UL along with some of the stuff from ATS3 like the blue trunk.
    screenshot_original.jpg

The stuff that is on the shelves for my pantry is stuff from ATS3 along with some of the stuff on the kitchen counters
    screenshot_original.jpg

The make-up box and the tray and bottles are from TS3 while the curling iron and the nail polish and files are from ATS3.
    screenshot_original.jpg

The mug holder, coffee grinder and the stacked boxes are from ATS3.
    screenshot_original.jpg

The sink, ironing board, the shelf and some of the stuff on there is from ATS3.
    screenshot_original.jpg

The 2 desks, the wheel barrel outside of the greenhouse, the watering cans and the rest of the stuff on the desks all are from ATS3 along with the garden shovels leaning up against the walls.
    screenshot_original.jpg

Then I have the place settings that are from ATS3. And as you can see that your Sims just places their plates or bowls over top of them. Then the tree is from the store of course but also has some of the gift boxes from ATS3.
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi lisasc, I love ATS and have most of the clutter stuff you have except the place settings. I avoided those because of I didn't want the sims to have a place to set their plates. If you say the sims just place plates over them, I'm off to dl the place settings. :mrgreen:

Did you see over at MTS they have decorative china...it is the little things that count. :D

Edit to say, duh, didn't look at the last picture close enough. :lol:
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    suicidalcheetossuicidalcheetos Posts: 315 Member
    edited July 2014

Pillows! Pillows everywhere! On the floor, on the couch, on the...Ceiling. :lol: :P

YES, YES, AND MORE YES!!
    *ahem* sorry, I just really love pillows.
    I sign. :lol:
    These are probably the best resources/threads for beginners.
    Daily Deal Thread - D&D Spreadsheet - The Gifting Directory
    Reinstall Store Stuff: No Repeats or Disappearing - Nraas Mods to Fix Your Game
    ~Ctrl + F to open up search bar for D&D Spreadsheet~
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    edited July 2014
    bshag4lv wrote:
    Hi lisasc, I love ATS and have most of the clutter stuff you have except the place settings. I avoided those because of I didn't want the sims to have a place to set their plates. If you say the sims just place plates over them, I'm off to dl the place settings. :mrgreen:

Did you see over at MTS they have decorative china...it is the little things that count. :D

Edit to say, duh, didn't look at the last picture close enough. :lol:

Same here. I love just about everything over at ATS3. And yes, I'm glad that the Sims just places their plates over top of the place settings. I think stuff like that makes the Sims homes more like homes and that someone is living in them and not like model homes where no one lives in them.

EA needs to take a lesson from ATS3 and do some of these stuff for TS4. I've even use the stuff from the Fine Dining set like the stack of dishes and put them on my counters or shelves.

No I didn't see that over at MTS as I really don't go to that site very much. But I might have to go over there and check it out... :)

Once I dl'ed the stuff from ATS3, I go in and look for the stuff and add the new items into a collection folder that I named ATS3 so I can go there when I want to use the stuff from ATS3... :D
  • Options
    despina53despina53 Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited July 2014
    We really do need more household clutter. The houses just don't have that "lived in" look :wink: . All of these suggestions are great.

And they really do need to stop dumping everything into Misc Decor. Why do they have plants, paintings, and statues in there when those already have their own catagories :roll:.

ETA: Forgot to say "Sign me up" :D .
    Call me Dee :p
    Proud member of the "Own The Store Club"
  • Options
    Sylvie1991Sylvie1991 Posts: 177 Member
    edited July 2014
    Signed!
  • Options
    JodiRebbyJodiRebby Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited July 2014

So many great ideas! Signed and also adding this petition to my petition directory of sorts!
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    edited July 2014
    Love clutter. :D Signed!
  • Options
    Blondie019Blondie019 Posts: 1,099 Member
    edited July 2014
    I know some sims have the neat trait but they can't all be that neat all the time especially living with a slob.

Signed! :mrgreen:
    Selena_1.jpg
  • Options
    CandySims14CandySims14 Posts: 475 Member
    edited July 2014
    Add me to the petition, please.

I was thinking the same thing. It just looks more realistic with clutter.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited July 2014
    Signed

I love clutter - but it can mean you need to turn object hiding on or you get lag from your computer trying to render everything on the lot all the time. :lol:
  • Options
    pinkstar6206pinkstar6206 Posts: 63 Member
    edited July 2014
    Signed!!

Yay! Clutter!
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited July 2014
    screenshot_original.jpg

As someone who DOES grind my own coffee each morning I WANT that coffee grinder! A coffee canister (recolorable) would be lovely as well. Coffee, coffee, coffee! LOL

I know someone else already said a wine bottle with 2 partly full wine glasses. To that I would add INDIVIDUAL filled wine glasses AND empty ones! I would also love a china cabinet along the lines of the elixir cabinets from Supernatural that we could place all this small individual clutter in. A modern, country and traditional style cabinet please! With clear glass doors or even no doors at all. Also, a classic Chianti bottle, the one with the basket base. And then, of course, you have to have one with a candle sticking out of it! Yes, I've done this! LOL My own home is filled with bookcases but on each one a shelf remains free of books and is instead used as a display area for MY decorative clutter! LOL So a bookcase with one empty shelf that would accept clutter would be wonderful for me! LOL Some more TINY candles like the little rounded one from base game are really needed as well. They fit so well so many places but we need some different looks! And candles in a jar like Yankee Candles would also be fantastic. Okay, gonna stop now! For...you know... now. :wink:
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited July 2014
    Absolutely signed!! I have always wanted more clutter-as I've said before, there can't be too much clutter, in my opinion. Thank you for starting this petition!
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited July 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Edited to Add: Regarding this, "
    Maybe a fridge with magnets and pictures and clips on it with cereal boxes and other food on the top. "

You can totally MOO the small wall shelf onto the top of your fridge and it will actually disappear into the fridge itself. THEN you can put small items up there! I usually put the breadbox there.

It's these little touches of "realism" that make decorating FUN Store Team! Take heed! LOL

Am I the only one that has issues with MOOing? My sims tend to get all out of whack whenever I use it. I have to reset them constantly because they walk on the wrong floors or... none at all. :shock: It's hard to describe and weird. Luckily, I've never had that glitch where sims stretch to the wrong age. YIKES! That one's the worst... But back on topic: I DO like the idea, BUT the fridge still doesn't have magnets, so... :wink:
    Um, I'm sure I'll be back with more.

*Waits* :P
    Signed! I love the boxes idea. I'd also really love to have piles of clothes that are CAStable. One for the middle of the floor, one leaning against a wall, and one that would fit in corners. It'd be perfect for making hoarder sims or really messy teenager rooms. We don't really have the ability to make slob sims' rooms look like a slob lives there right now. Oh, and the clothes piles should be able to go on top of tables, too!

EXACTLY!
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    Can I sign this more than once!! :lol: I would love a clutter set from the store and jump on it right away!

When the second most exciting thing you see in a set is a bag of flour or gardening tools, you know there are problems. :lol:

amjoie, THANK GOODNESS for copy and paste. :lol:
    Signed!!! It's not like Misc Decor is too cramped or anything. ;):lol: I would absolutely love more clutter.

:lol: It's a nightmare, isn't it?!
    lisasc360 wrote:
    Sign me up... :)

Granted that there are CC sites that have this stuff and all but it's stuff that EA should already have for their game and they shouldn't have to depend on 3rd parties to make it for the players to use. And not everyone likes to download and use CC in their game as this is stuff that EA should already have. I remember in TS2 we had a cereal box that I would put on to of the fridge.

I'm so jealous of all the CC. Was searching around for ideas, when I started writing the list. Love all the fake foods and boxes I saw. The fact that they won't get spoiled and smelly is a BIG plus! It'd be nice if, at the MOST, some of these items I've listed in the main post (definitely not all of them)would get a moodlet attached to it like messy room or something. I doubt that would be able to happen, though.

YES, YES, AND MORE YES!!
    *ahem* sorry, I just really love pillows.
    I sign. :lol:

Why they haven't added pillows for floors is beyond me. :roll:
    despina53 wrote:
    We really do need more household clutter. The houses just don't have that "lived in" look :wink: . All of these suggestions are great.

And they really do need to stop dumping everything into Misc Decor. Why do they have plants, paintings, and statues in there when those already have their own catagories :roll:.

ETA: Forgot to say "Sign me up" :D .

Lived in look is the goal!!! Again, this is a freaking life simulation game. How could we NOT have clutter?! It's , like, our entire lives, physically and mentally.

THAT! THAT!!!!! EA, WHY DO YOU DO THAT?! Just... ARGH! :evil:

No worries! Adding people if they leave, what seems to be, a positive response.
    JodiRebby wrote:
    So many great ideas! Signed and also adding this petition to my petition directory of sorts!

Thanks! :mrgreen:
    AudreyFld wrote:
    Love clutter. :D Signed!

I guarantee this will be the first and last time you ever say that. :lol::wink:
    Karritz wrote:
    Signed

I love clutter - but it can mean you need to turn object hiding on or you get lag from your computer trying to render everything on the lot all the time. :lol:

Hmmm...I'm willing to risk it!
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Okay, gonna stop now! For...you know... now. :wink:

It's a never ending list. 8)

Thanks to everyone for your support! I've added your ideas to the main post and I'm sure lots of you will be back again! :wink:
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited July 2014
    My favs. and very favs. underlined:

Mops/bucket and brooms/dustpan slanted against wall
    sprays
    rubber gloves
    sponges
    toilet plunger
    standing Fan
    Stacked dishes/china Dirty
    Empty pots and pans
    whistling tea kettle
    printer
    paper
    filing cabinets folders
    paint brushes and paint cans
    pile of tiny pictures on desk for scrapbooking, scissors, tape, glue,photo album/scrapbook

Knitting/yarn basket(but, would rather have these in their own set with a sewing machine and hand crochet)
    coloring book, (but would rather this be PC item for kids)

Paper Dolls!- arranged so someone was just playing with them, etc.
    Pillows! Pillows on the couch,

mustard/ketchup bottles
    salt/pepper shakers

food containers for kitchen shelves for current day and historical settings
    Maybe a fridge with magnets and pictures and clips on it with cereal boxes and other food on the top.
    Lawn mower with engine oil and gas beside it or separate!
    Dirty/filthy old looking rain boots-Heck, a bunch of shoes piled up would be great!
    Items hanging up in garage- ladder
    Board games, card games, puzzles(but, I would rather these be PC)
    Ironing board!

books piled against bookend
    iced tea glass with lemon slice
    Recolorable tissue box
    pile of books
    More options for DVD and CD shelves for the TV set.
    Clothing: pile of CAStable clothes,clothes that hang on hangers
    Clothes horse
    shaving set/razor
    soap
    brush
    Fancy brush
    hand-held mirror
    ring holder

cosmetics/fashion supplies/nail polish/files
    curling iron
    End table sized statues and ornaments!- old world style
    Gardening Supplies: Seed packages/labels, bag of fertilizer
    Cabinets: China cabinet along the lines of the elixir cabinets from Supernatural that we could place all the small individual clutter in... A modern, country and traditional style cabinet with clear glass doors or even no doors at all
    Tiny Candles in jars
    Light Switches
    Thermostat
    Electrical outlets

Some of mine:
    Kitchen
    dish drainer
    decorative basket
    baby bottle drying rack
    baby food jars/cans of milk
    case of bottled water stackable?
    dish detergent bottle

Other
    Lg. pile of toys clutter
    group of medicine bottles
    huge stack of papers
    baby butt cream, lotion, shampoo, powders bottles cluster

and wrapping paper wadded up on floor in a large ball :mrgreen:

Also, a standing can opener and maybe a hand one. And signed.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited July 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    screenshot_original.jpg

:D Love the mug holder.
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited July 2014
    davina1221, thanks for letting me know what items you like most! Although a sign is great as is, knowing this helps determine what people would like to see most and it's probably more helpful for Copeland and the rest of the team, as well. :D

I'll add your suggestions in a few!
  • Options
    PsychoChick966PsychoChick966 Posts: 1,792 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sign me up, please! :-)