Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Current DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Started July 3rd

Comments

• Options
    TaheraTahera Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited July 2014
    Thank you :!:

I should have been more clear :wink: : I think that I will have no time to see the end of Beach Bummin`. It would be great if you could post the time left on the clock in case that it will sell out.

Edit (again): I`ll be able to update the deals when / if I`ve got the Mill. :wink:
    Have a nice day!
  • Options
    ashygirl94ashygirl94 Posts: 412 Member
    edited July 2014
    Tahera wrote:
    Thank you :!:

I should have been more clear :wink: : I think that I will have no time to see the end of Beach Bummin`. It would be great if you could post the time left on the clock in case that it will sell out.

Edit (again): I`ll be able to update the deals when / if I`ve got the Mill. :wink:
    Gotcha :thumbup:
    qPSCOr.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Cogitotoro wrote:
    In other news, I had a shocker tonight - a 58% off offer on MMAO! Then 24%, 38%, 18%, and 29% - not as good, but still up at the high end of what I've been averaging lately (or even, given what I've been getting, the equivalent of a 2x MMAO sale). None of the offers was on stuff I wanted, or at least not for those discounts, but still! Maybe they're adjusting MMAO percentage upwards! Anybody else?

Not for me
    My offers were: 14%, 22%, 10%, 23%, 23% :(

BTW, You did a great job on your TS4 CAS Demo Tutorials :thumbup: but a bunch of your images can`t be seen. The placeholder is saying that they have been deleted :!:
    You should check if you can fix it :wink:
    Have a nice day!
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited July 2014
    After I saw the Old Mill was coming up, I was almost too nervous to come to the forums; I'd hate to get distracted and miss it! But, this hat is moving slowly, so I'm safe for now (and I'm keeping the DD open in a window off to the side, just to keep up with the timer).

I did want to raise an interesting point, however, about the DD. This list started July 3rd. Brunch at the Old Mill was released July 3rd.

Now, that means one of a few things must be true:
    1) Brunch at the Old Mill was added to this list the day it was released
    2) The list is randomly generated until it begins to repeat (if this is even a traditional list)
    3) We've already started a second list this month

My money is on #2, since that makes the most sense. This list certainly has had a lot of odd occurrences, with such closely timed repeats (and a whole lotta bakeries!), so either the lists are always randomly generated AS THEY GO (maybe based on a pre-defined pool of objects to choose from -- hence, the occasional 'theme'), OR we've entered a new era of the DD list: totally random deals that pop up and never go into rotation. It just seems hard to believe that the Old Mill would be added to the pool from Day One, or that it would somehow come up with soon.

That also makes me wonder about the things that never seem to pop up (I'm looking at you, Boardwalk and Tiny Prodigies) -- were they ever added to the 'pool'?

Total speculation. But, I'm intrigued. :wink:
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I would lean towards #2, but would they have risked the Mill showing up on DD the day it released? Perhaps it's a combination 1 & 2, or possibly all three?

Whatever is going on it's pretty intriguing.

ETA: Looking at the last list, the Now and Then Manor showed up 22 days after it was released, so we do have precedent.
    qPSCOr.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    340 ) Mistress Mysterium This deal has expired.

Current Deal:
    341 ) Beach Bummin'
    / 352 / 1100 / 68% / 2 hrs

Next Deals:
    342 ) Brunch at the Old Mill
    / ? / 1700 / % / 2 hrs (hours :?: , this will be gone in seconds :!: and I`m hoping for a really good discount :wink: )

343 ) Indulgent Living
    / ? / 1000 / % / ? hrs
    Have a nice day!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Fingers crossed for you and everybody else!
    qPSCOr.jpg
  • Options
    angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sweet beach bummin' free and I only had 39%
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Right now, I`m getting a bunch of ads :!:
    Have a nice day!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Tahera wrote:

Right now, I`m getting a bunch of ads :!:
    LOL! I've got an ad too!
    qPSCOr.jpg
  • Options
    janeDoe001janeDoe001 Posts: 1,159 Member
    edited July 2014
    Tiny Prodigies, yes. Boardwalk, I've never seen it so probably not.

I'm waiting for the Bakery, the Boardwalk and the Wonder of the World venues myself. But not between 8am and 1pm (EST) I'll be working then. ;):lol:

jD001
    Pokety Poke Poke :D

• Options
    IrisGoddessIrisGoddess Posts: 122 Member
    edited July 2014
    I hope the Old Mill has a good discount. If it's not at least 68% I won't have enough points. I never paid any attention to the DD before this summer. How did I miss all this fun?
    My Wish List store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=IrisGoddess
    Currently working on Muse Luxury and Tutor of Tudors.
  • Options
    LamandusLamandus Posts: 54 New Member
    edited July 2014
    you lucky ad-guys... germany barely gets an add ;(
  • Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    edited July 2014
    Wow I cannot believe the old mill is coming up the same night as the bohemian garden! I bet it's going to sell out in record time even though it's so late/early for US peeps. I think I'd rather have the bakery than this one so unless it's really cheap I'll probably pass and let someone else have it. I don't want to risk getting this and then not have enough points for the bakery later.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited July 2014
    My threshold for buying from DD is usually 2/3 off, once in awhile 50% off. I think the Old Mill will be 1100 or 1200 Simpoints. So I won't be getting it, but it'll be fun to watch.
  • Options
    melissam311554melissam311554 Posts: 824 Member
    edited July 2014
    :shock:

Wow, I popped on here randomly and it took my mind a moment to process that the Old Mill set is on the daily deals next! I loaded up on a small amount of simpoints, so fingers crossed I can get it while saving points for the last few sets I want!

Of course, it needs to get here within the next half-out as I'm heading out (typical! :lol: Playing tourist in my hometown of London to go up the Shard).

Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    this is not a must-have for me... but for about 500-600 I will probably buy it.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    got it for 357 points! INSANE!
  • Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    edited July 2014
    Okay for 79% off I gotta grab it. It lasted approximately 30 seconds.
  • Options
    IrisGoddessIrisGoddess Posts: 122 Member
    edited July 2014
    Holy moly! I got it! I can't believe it was 79% off. I'm so excited!!
    My Wish List store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=IrisGoddess
    Currently working on Muse Luxury and Tutor of Tudors.
  • Options
    Valgon57Valgon57 Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited July 2014
    Missed it! Of course..
  • Options
    PigDestroyer1978PigDestroyer1978 Posts: 163 Member
    edited July 2014
    Got it too! what an awesome deal,..glad I stayed up all night for it...sheesh

Edit: Got s feeling there are gonna be some sad simmers when they wake up :(
  • Options
    shorty_sugarshorty_sugar Posts: 3
    edited July 2014
    AMAZING! Congrats to all who nabbed it!
  • Options
    dst193dst193 Posts: 43 Member
    edited July 2014
    Oh my goodness. I can't believe I got it!! That's a first. I usually miss the much wanted DD. I could never get in fast enough.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Wow! :shock: :shock: :shock: The sleepy heads are gonna be cheesed ! LOL!

Beach Bummin ended at around 1:11. The timer was still going when Indulgent Living came up.
    qPSCOr.jpg