Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Current DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Started July 3rd

Comments

• Options
    Sweet2Sweet2 Posts: 1,736 Member
    mulder8486 wrote: »
    Wow, I just noticed I got plumed. lol. I wonder if stupid question would have worked better.

Thanks for the info @sweet2. I looked it up on google and saw some pictures. Is it a playable world that you can live in or just a visitable one? I don't have World Adventures yet but it's pretty much next on my list of expansion packs.

Visitable, starting out at three sim days plus an extra three for every family member that has the prepared traveler lifetime reward
    My Page Another lot and Household Uploaded :)

• Options
    willemhuiskampwillemhuiskamp Posts: 41 Member
    Just hope to lay my hands on WoW this sale. I will not be able to try again tomorrow. Sad familybusiness tomorrow just at the expected sale time. The only chance then will be, if other sales take longer; about 2 and a half hour. Ah well, I will just have to wait and see.

Good luck everyone! Hope at least some of us will be Lucky. :D
    'If it is meant for you, you will get it,' my granny used to say. :)
    Link to my Sims 3 studio
  • Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited September 2014
    Good luck to all going for World of Wonder in an hour. I have it, so won't be competing with you for it. (And I won't get it for my friend yet, because I don't want to give those who are really going for it any more competition.)

I think it's a really fun set. I downloaded a venue from the Exchange that combines this set with Boardwalk and Cirque, and it is a great lot. (I replaced the incredibly boring center park in Hidden Valley with it.) One person mentioned playing it with kids; I don't generally play children, but the carousel is usable by adults. I noticed that the adults on it were all laughing and talking to each other, and it increased both their fun and social bars.

So, good luck everyone!

ETA: And don't assume the couch right before it will go the full time. Last rotation it didn't, and it looks like it may sell out again this rotation as well. Be ready!
  • Options
    trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    Pugslover4 wrote: »
    I am gonna missed the world of wonder, cause I have to work from 2 pm (mountain time) to 6 pm!

Yeah, I'm going to miss it, too. The sofa is just taking way too long to sell and my student will be here any minute. Bummer. I even managed to get those extra 5 ads so I would have enough points! I guess I will see about getting up early again tomorrow morning.
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

• Options
    trithone wrote: »
    I am gonna missed the world of wonder, cause I have to work from 2 pm (mountain time) to 6 pm!

Yeah, I'm going to miss it, too. The sofa is just taking way too long to sell and my student will be here any minute. Bummer. I even managed to get those extra 5 ads so I would have enough points! I guess I will see about getting up early again tomorrow morning.

I'd buy the sofa if I couldn't get it for free when Morocco Mystique + Cante Captivating decides to show up on sale

• Options
    MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    trithone wrote: »

Remember, for you (and anyone else) going for this; it comes along again a few deals later. It is slightly more expensive, so in your case you'll need a few more ads to get it. But don't despair, because you might!

And that goes for anyone who doesn't get the deal and is trying for it the first time. It comes again in another eight deals or so. If you can't for whatever reason get it the first time, you just might get it the second.
  • Options
    mulder8486mulder8486 Posts: 613 Member
    Must refrain from finding something else to do while waiting!
    a.k.a. Becki ~ My Sims 3 Page
  • Options
    kuroi_nekomatakuroi_nekomata Posts: 817 Member
    Good luck for everyone for the Wow-set. ;)
    I don't have much hope myself...internet is pretty slow today. But will still give it a try.
  • Options
    Just speculating, but I think they will let this rotation run to its end, and then start the new list. (Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but missed out on a couple of pages due to urgent other matters). If so, I do hope some of the hottest items will be on that list early on.
    Link to my Sims 3 studio
  • Options
    Just speculating, but I think they will let this rotation run to its end, and then start the new list. (Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but missed out on a couple of pages due to urgent other matters). If so, I do hope some of the hottest items will be on that list early on.

we'll see what happens tomorrow :)

• Options
    In case there are a few waiting for world of wonder that haven't heard these tips yet here are a few.
    Open the item page before the sale starts. When it's getting close to starting, start hitting F5 (to refresh) and as soon as it refreshes and you se it isn't started, hit F5 again until it does start.
    I also find it helps to close down as much on my computer as I can. I'm a multitasker and generally have 20 tabs open and a few programs. If your computer is slow, your browser won't work as well either.
    Good Luck!
  • Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    I love seeing Dr. Horrible mentioned on here! It's seriously my favorite movie (if it can be called a movie at like 45 minutes). Bad Horse is my ringtone lol. I was so sad when they took it off netflix. :( Every time I do laundry I have to sing Laundry Day. Everyone who hasn't seen it need to go watch it on youtube right now! Or at least after WoW comes up.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    mulder8486 wrote: »
    In case there are a few waiting for world of wonder that haven't heard these tips yet here are a few.
    Open the item page before the sale starts. When it's getting close to starting, start hitting F5 (to refresh) and as soon as it refreshes and you se it isn't started, hit F5 again until it does start.
    I also find it helps to close down as much on my computer as I can. I'm a multitasker and generally have 20 tabs open and a few programs. If your computer is slow, your browser won't work as well either.
    Good Luck!

I do this as well :\ Though I realize that we, by doing this, stress the servers to its max. Actually we are lowering our chances I guess. But as said. I do this as well.

And I do close as many things as well. And have my Java updated to the latest version.

Link to my Sims 3 studio
  • Options
    I wasn't getting any ads so I was holding off on picking up the couch. But finally decided to go for it to make it go a little faster. I ended up with enough ads on that page to pay for it! :D
  • Options
    SoupahReoSoupahReo Posts: 2,290 Member
    Does anyone know how much the World of Wonder set will be?
  • Options
    World of Wonder will be 703 this time.
  • Options
    SoupahReoSoupahReo Posts: 2,290 Member
    Thanks. I only have 457, so I can stop refreshing.
  • Options
    KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    One person mentioned playing it with kids; I don't generally play children, but the carousel is usable by adults. I noticed that the adults on it were all laughing and talking to each other, and it increased both their fun and social bars.

Yeah adults can use it too of course. I just like to play large families and it's nice to see them all riding the carousel together...I really like the fact that everyone on the lot will join if your sim decides to ride it. :)
    But there also are some other activities like the sandpit or the whack-a-set which are fun too.
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

• Options
    Elf67Elf67 Posts: 1,198 Member
    I see the store page is already loading slower.
  • Options
    dst193dst193 Posts: 43 Member
    Under 10 mins!!!
  • Options
    MarLee67MarLee67 Posts: 217 Member
    Yes the second it got down to 8 minutes I started to drool. :D
  • Options
    awellenblawellenbl Posts: 2,970 Member
    I got here right in time. So I will try to get it as well. :) Good luck to everybody.
  • Options
    aprlmaprlm Posts: 660 Member
    good luck everyone who's going for wow
    a.k.a *April* My Sims 3 page
  • Options
    Simbi0seSimbi0se Posts: 205 Member
    Yessssss!
  • Options
    # 616 - Empyrean Luxury Loveseat ended at 5:34pm EDT.
    I got liamed so I'm not sure if when World of Wonder ended