Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only one NOT abandoning Sims 3?!

Comments

• Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited July 2014
    Won't be leaving 3. At least they have toddlers, pools, and teens :mrgreen: It may got alot of bugs, but I already own those bugs 🐸🐸🐸🐸! I won't be buying anything new for it though, I got enough, and I am not giving EA one dime...not even on clearence :evil:
  • Options
    NezImaniNezImani Posts: 1,016 Member
    edited July 2014
    JULES1111 wrote:
    Won't be leaving 3. At least they have toddlers, pools, and teens :mrgreen: It may got alot of bugs, but I already own those bugs 🐸🐸🐸🐸! I won't be buying anything new for it though, I got enough, and I am not giving EA one dime...not even on clearence :evil:

:lol:
    Sims 3 BugOwners UNITE! :twisted:
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited July 2014
    cale2003 wrote:
    I feel like Once sims 4 comes out I'll be the only one uploading lots and posting on the forums. Am I the only one not leaving sims 3?

I'm still hoping a delay in order to fix the broken mess TS4 has become might happen or not.

If it doesn't, I will stick to TS3 and maybe try something I have never done before.

Take a year and try to create a world.
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nope I'm with you all the way sims 4,5,6,7 or 8 when it first come out I will not be late :lol::lol: ok I will admit that wasn't too funny but hey the forums need to smile a bit :( so many long faces is so NOT a good thing!

September 2nd 2014 woot woot!!! everybody all aboard![/i]
  • Options
    Akila906Akila906 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited July 2014
    cale2003 wrote:
    I feel like Once sims 4 comes out I'll be the only one uploading lots and posting on the forums. Am I the only one not leaving sims 3?

Nope. I'm sticking with TS3 and CASt and pools :)
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'll be poking my head in and out of the forums for a while but I'm honestly not very good at keeping up with my old games. I have All three generations of Sims games but whenever the next generation comes out I uninstall all the games from the pervious generation and focus soley on the new one. Then I get bored and reinstall my old games, play them for an hour and uninstall them again.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nope. I still play 2 and 3.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited July 2014
    cale2003 wrote:

I'll be playing TS3 for a loooong time after TS4 comes out I suspect, as will many others.
  • Options
    ferret9005ferret9005 Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited July 2014
    I love sims 3.I will have both on my computer and if I don't like 4 I can just play 3 to my hearts content.
  • Options
    cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    edited July 2014
    JULES1111 wrote:
    Yes, I can erase alot of those bugs with Overwatch :twisted:
    And I love using CASt, I used it today to make a car look funny actually :lol:
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • Options
    wmissie0925wmissie0925 Posts: 310 Member
    edited July 2014
    No, I'm not abandoning it. In fact, I just uninstalled and reinstalled because of a graphics issue. I may finally try out overwatch and a few mods. Something I've never done before. Hopefully, all the issues with 4 will be worked out soon but for now I still have 3. I also picked up another copy of 2 so, if I get really bored... :)
  • Options
    AntiSocialSim72AntiSocialSim72 Posts: 186 Member
    edited July 2014
    I haven't abandoned 1 (recently reinstalled) and 2, why would I abandon 3? Sure, they all have their own issues, but I own them and I know what the issues are and how to either get around them or have downloaded mods to fix them. I am absolutely not supporting EAxis's latest money grab. I will continue to purchase any store items for 3 that strike my fancy since I have already gone so far down that road with 3 I might as well just stick it out, but that's as far as I go. I cringe as it is to realize just how much I've given them, I just can't justify any more with what a joke 4 is looking to be.
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited July 2014
    well I did uninstall them for quite a bit because due to crashing from some of the store contents, but after re-installing them and everything I own seem's to run suave :thumbup: so now I can happily play my TS3 :mrgreen: & I'll probably continue to play it even after TS4 is released
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    edited July 2014
    I just don't think I can live without CASt. I am now spoiled. I can't wait on Toddlers and Pools if they truly wow us. Like beyond the Sims 3 wow and store items. But till then I'm staying with the bugged out Sims 3. My game even crashed last night. First time in a while. :( Just wish the game could utilize more than 4 GBs of RAM. From the mouth of C.P on YouTube. "I have 16 Glorious GBs of RAM." :(
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2014
    I own Sims 1, 2, and 3 and have 2 and 3 installed on my current PC. There's absolutely no reason to uninstall any of them once 4 comes out. I'm still planning on getting 4 even though I'm not thrilled by recent news.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    I own Sims 1, 2, and 3 and have 2 and 3 installed on my current PC. There's absolutely no reason to uninstall any of them once 4 comes out. I'm still planning on getting 4 even though I'm not thrilled by recent news.
    I will get 4 but I 100% am sure I'll be on 3 ALOT more. I have 2 and 3 on mine right now.
    PC Specs:
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    6685561181.png
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited July 2014
    cale2003 wrote:
    JULES1111 wrote:
    Yes, I can erase alot of those bugs with Overwatch :twisted:
    And I love using CASt, I used it today to make a car look funny actually :lol:
    Hmmmm I have heard of this overwatch, seen people mention it. I don't have any mods in my game...maybe I should investigate a bit. :mrgreen: Ty for the sugestion. :thumbup:
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'll be staying with 3. It will be the first time I didn't completely abandon the previous Sims version, when the new game came out. There are things in 3 that I like that 4 doesn't have, and I'm not even sure I'll be buying 4, certainly not at launch.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Dearra95Dearra95 Posts: 556 Member
    edited July 2014
    cale2003 wrote:

Now that I won't be buying the Sims 4 I will be sticking with and playing Sims 3.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Good to know that alot of other people are sticking with TS3
    PC Specs:
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    6685561181.png
  • Options
    menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'll be here! I don't really play new sim games when they first come out... There's not enough to do. And this one I have a feeling will be particularly bad XD
  • Options
    ZeliaZelia Posts: 34 Member
    edited July 2014
    suzses wrote:
    I'll be staying with 3. It will be the first time I didn't completely abandon the previous Sims version, when the new game came out. There are things in 3 that I like that 4 doesn't have, and I'm not even sure I'll be buying 4, certainly not at launch.

Same for me!! I didn't pre-ordered this time!
  • Options
    webdznrwebdznr Posts: 572 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm definitely sticking with S3. ;) I abandoned Sims 2 for it.. but not moving on this time. I cancelled my pre-order of S4. I have a newfound appreciation for S3 and for what I will never see again.
    The Sims 4 :: Think 'inside' the box.
  • Options
    htairchix3htairchix3 Posts: 875 Member
    edited July 2014
    Staying with the Sims 3. Will wait for a few expansions to come out for the Sims 4. :wink:
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've only transitioned once in this series, since I started with Sims2. I played Sims3 like crazy up front, was disappointed in the lack of interactions, went back to play Sims2 briefly, only to lose the children from my favorite family due to a stupid glitch EA never bothered to patch after the release of the last SP, Mansions & Gardens. I tried to hang out on the Sims2 site for a time after that, but it wasn't the same.

If Sims4 proves too unbearable, I'll be back to playing Sims3. I will also likely split my forum time between this one and Sims4, once they get their official site.

Beyond that, I can't say. If Sims4 wows my socks off, I'll probably just move on. But, I'll also be courteous enough to come back here to let anyone who cares, know I'm moving on.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top