Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only one NOT abandoning Sims 3?!

Comments

• LozzomaticLozzomatic Posts: 516 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm not totally sold on the sims 4, especially due to them cutting pools and toddlers from the game. If they hadn't cut those I would put up with the lack of Create a Style *though I'd still miss it*. I'm going to wait until the reviews come out for it and make my decision then.

There's still plenty of things I haven't done in the sims 3, anyway!
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    edited July 2014
    I most likely won't be abandoning Sims 3 because I will have to most likely wait months for the Mac version of the sims 4 to come out.
  • FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited July 2014
    Don't worry, you're not going to be alone. Look at MTS2! and other sites, Sims 2 content is still being made daily. People are still playing the Sims 2, still engaging in the Sims 2 forums on MTS2 and people are still playing Sims 1 :P
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited July 2014
    Yeah I'll still be playing Sims 3 :) I doubt I will touch Sims 4 for some time yet. I want to see how the game develops first, but right now I am happy playing Sims3 :)
    giphy.gif
  • AmiRijoAmiRijo Posts: 677 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm going to buy TS4 but only after Carl's the sims 4 guide has had a chance to review it. Even after that though, I don't see myself jumping into the new game. Base games are fun, but only for a little.
    Origin ID: AmiRijo
    I signed http://www.sims2.net/pledge/
    ZfzDIiOeZzDJ6.gif
  • NassTNassT Posts: 435 Member
    edited July 2014

Like a lot of posters have said, I intend to take a wait and see attitude ... maybe give them a year or so to work out major bugs, release some add-ons, and see what the gameplay looks like.
  • SpazzAttkSpazzAttk Posts: 876 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I personally feel that EA can take TS4 and stick it right in their ear. However, I have a sneaking suspicion that not long after Sims4, any official Sims3 stuff, (these forums, the store, this whole community) will vanish. I hope not of course, just a feeling I have.
  • brappl218brappl218 Posts: 150 Member
    edited July 2014
    Oh my, I doubt you are the only one abandoning. I'm not giving up on S3 either. Now that there are no more EP's and Patches to deal with and where I am a heavy mod user (NRaas mostly) my game runs free of problems and the mods provide so many new options for game play to explore. NRaas will continue to enhance and build new mods for S3. The chief developer (Chain_Reaction)over there is doing some incredible things with Twallan's Suite and for the first time it feels like the S3 game is FINALLY working and I can play it the way I want to play. Have been playing S3 since it came out and am having more fun with it than ever before.

With that said I suspect where the price of the S3 games are so inexpensive, the controversy over S4, and for reasons mentioned above...more players will eventually jump on board.
    brappl
    NraasSignature.png
  • TheBlackRose0990TheBlackRose0990 Posts: 67 New Member
    edited July 2014
    What's going to happen to the website once sims 4 is out? I hope they keep it going. I love playing it but I know once I have the money I'll buy the 4th. At first I went back and forth from 2 and 3 but now I only play 3. I don't think it will be like that when 4 comes out though.
  • kates120888888kates120888888 Posts: 212 Member
    edited July 2014
    I would get sims 4 but its 60 dollars so im gonnna wait until my birthday which is like 5 months from now :) but I still like sims 3 so thats ok
  • TmG0486TmG0486 Posts: 38 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm another one because I haven't completed fulfilling all the lifetime wishes yet.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sims 3 is the first Sims game I've ever played!! I was sick and tired of combat games, slots, and hidden objects games!Then I saw it - Sims3! Right there on the shelf, just waiting for me to grab a copy! Finally I now had something totally new to try! Plus my younger sister has been playing since Sims1 and I'd watch her play some.

After I looked over the basic controls of CAS, I made my first Sim - Jetta Burns! After learning the basic controls, I was off on my first Sims adventure! This is awesome!

*Then, came 1.61! Crashing my game and adding a HOG on loading screen, made me nearly leave Sims3! I was very upset that my Simming experience ended before it began!

But there's too much I've not discovered on this game so I'm sticking with Sims3! Sims4 looks more complicating for me anyway!

*SIDE NOTE: I had saved a copy of the 1.57 update to my computer. Oh, well. I'm still playing the 1.57 version now.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • badgyrl_310badgyrl_310 Posts: 198 Member
    edited July 2014
    With all the money I've spent on Sims 3 (every Expansion, every stuff pack but Movie & Katie Perry, tons of store content) not to mention all the items I downloaded from the Exchange (sims, lots, worlds), and now I'm seriously considering looking into mods, something I've never used before (too scared I'd do permanent damage to my game if I do something wrong cause I don't know what I'm doing, but hopefully there are some that are easy to install). So I'm good, not trying to start over at this point. There's a lot I still haven't done in the Sims 3.
  • krista8626krista8626 Posts: 2,923 Member
    edited July 2014
    I will be with TS3 for a VERY VERY VERY VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRY LONGGGGGGGGG Time

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited July 2014
    krista8626 wrote:
    I will be with TS3 for a VERY VERY VERY VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRY LONGGGGGGGGG Time
    Amen! :)
  • AaeiynAaeiyn Posts: 521 Member
    edited July 2014
    Nope. I stuck with TS1 for TEN YEARS! Think I'll be doing the same with TS3 ^_^
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited July 2014
    I've abandoned few games in general; however, I did abandoned The Sims 1 and The Sims 2, but there wasn't a purpose for them. TS2 was much better than TS1. And TS3 was much better than both. But there will always be a purpose for The Sims 3. I've always loved making sims that looked fairly realistic and base them off of real life people, so I'm sure I will continue to occasionally do so. :)
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited July 2014
    I won't abandon TS3 for a very long time and I'm also a very heavy Mod-user because I found the game unplayable without Mods and NRaas Mods actually fix most of the worst issues with the worst one being EA's glithed out bug-fest SP which has ruined far too many of my games and it's a total disaster.
    I'm playing in a few different legacy games where I'm controlling the towns and playing all of the households in these towns.One is my first town legacy challenge and it's the second winter there and other games are getting into that stage.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Maggs2richesMaggs2riches Posts: 7
    edited July 2014
    I plan to wait a while before buying the Sims 4. I learned my lesson from Sims 2 & 3, if you wait a while, everything is cheaper and they have fixed the MANY bugs!

I'll be playing Sims 3 with ya!
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited July 2014
    I still got more stuff to buy I can't possible abandon the game now. No pool in the base game they must be waiting for something special to release it, this is the only reason why I think a pool would not be included in base game. maybe pool is going to be changed to an object.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2014
    I am finally getting TS3 (my game) set up with Mods, because I know EA can't be bothered to even fix things that need to be fixed in this game. Plus all the store content, I'm not leaving. I did leave TS2 for TS3, but there were things in this game that I have wanted since the very first time I started playing this game. I have invested too much money in this just to throw it away.
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm not removing the Sims 3 beside I got way too much CC in it and I'll buy Sims 4 and see how it is
  • matthew1112matthew1112 Posts: 77 Member
    edited July 2014
    sims 3 for life
  • TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sims 4 is far from impressing me at this point, maybe I'll change my mind once EPs start coming out, but regardless of what I do with that game, I intend on sticking to sims 3 for now. I really enjoy playing it, not to mention that I've yet to fully explore all of the EPs I have. I would also like to get Into the Future at some point, since it looks kind of incredible, to be honest.

Basically, I just like the game. I hope that other members of this community also feel the same. It's just that much more fun when you can share your excitement with other people :)
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited July 2014
    TS3 has issues, but I have enjoyed the game very much nonetheless.

I am not so desperate for a new game that I am willing to throw away some really great features that won't be in The Sims 4. And as far as I am concerned, TS4 is just a bunch of promises with no real proof.

I expected EA to fix issues with an open neighborhood, add the better sims, and make CASt more efficient. Not toss it all out. Instead they tried to give us a social game, could not make it work, and then rushed to make it work for a normal sims game.

Who's to say that new game isn't more of the same, only missing some great features that should have been improved on. I may still get TS4, more out of curiosity, and the shared simmer experience, but I doubt it's so wonderful that TS3 and all of its content will be obsolete immediately.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top