Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only one NOT abandoning Sims 3?!

Comments

• RobynpaulaRobynpaula Posts: 101 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm not moving on to Sims 4 at all!!

I finally got my Sims 3 game to actually work with little to no problems... So I'm not giving up on it so easily
  • smoogiesmoogie Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited July 2014
    JULES1111 wrote:
    Won't be leaving 3. At least they have toddlers, pools, and teens :mrgreen: It may got alot of bugs, but I already own those bugs 🐸🐸🐸🐸! I won't be buying anything new for it though, I got enough, and I am not giving EA one dime...not even on clearence :evil:

I agree with you. Why should we give them money for their most unfinished game yet
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2014
    I really don't know if I'll abandon them, it all depends on Sims 4.
    If Sims 4 turns out to be disappointing or just not my cup of tea I'll stick to 3.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • KramYraeloKramYraelo Posts: 734 Member
    edited July 2014
    cale2003 wrote:
    I feel like Once sims 4 comes out I'll be the only one uploading lots and posting on the forums. Am I the only one not leaving sims 3?

I'll not be moving on to TS4 any sooner than I did TS3 from TS2, which was about a year and a half. And by the looks of the (lack of) new features and what won't be in the game, I'll be around much longer than that :wink:

My only concern right now is just how long this place will stay open. I have this nagging suspicion that if 4 tanks badly enough they'll pull a Microsoft and shut it down and end TS3 sales (at least Store sales and Exchange access) to drive migration and sales to the new game.

And don't believe they won't do something like that. After all it is EA we're talking about here!

Regards,

Krammy
  • InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    Krammy, I do believe you are right, they would.
    On a side not what mods helped fix the TS3 bugs again...yeah I am going back to my toddlers thank you very much.
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
    edited July 2014
    No, I'm not abandoning it. In fact, I just uninstalled and reinstalled because of a graphics issue. I may finally try out overwatch and a few mods. Something I've never done before. Hopefully, all the issues with 4 will be worked out soon but for now I still have 3. I also picked up another copy of 2 so, if I get really bored... :)

Oh you HAVE to try the NRASS mods, especially Overwatch and Story Progression. They make the game a totally different (and even enjoyable) experience. I wouldn't be the first to say TS3 would have probably done abysmally in it's later days without those game enhancing and fixing mods Twallan put out and others have continued.

I certainly wouldn't still be playing it.

Regards,

Krammy
  • kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited July 2014
    When TS4 was first announced, I liked what I saw so I was planning to quit TS3. In fact, I did quit playing TS3 for a couple of months last year because the game was acting really laggy, and I just didn't want to deal with that.

But a year ago, a started playing again on a PC (I installed Bootcamp to my Mac), and I ran the game with all max settings (I still do). I've been playing the same family for over a year now, and currently playing the 8th generation of the family. I usually stop playing after the 3rd generation because the sims end up looking the same, but surprisingly this family has had crazy good genetics and the sims are actually attractive. Plus, I use CC skins, eyes, and hair now so maybe that's why.

I should add one of my current sims to the exchange just to see how much progress the family has made. I uploaded a sim named Ethan Castillo, and he's the first generation of my family. I started out with him and his wife Kaya, and now a year later I'm on the 8th generation. Crazy... :lol:
    edited July 2014
    On a side not what mods helped fix the TS3 bugs again...yeah I am going back to my toddlers thank you very much.

If your asking what mods to get, I'd suggest everything NRAAS. But you may want to pick and choose, so just scan the mods and their descriptions and decide for yourself. Just Google "NRAAS" and it should be the first link you see. At a bare minimum you'll want the Overwatch, Story Progression, Error Trap and Traveler (if you have World Adventures).

I use pretty much all of them save Dresser, and it makes the game so much more enjoyable and mostly stable. I say mostly because I still get an errant lockup now and then. But as mods go they fix just about everything that is broken as best can be done. And certainly better than any patch provided by the company that made the game :wink:

Regards,

Krammy
  • thevogelthevogel Posts: 753 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm interested in Sims 4, but probably wont buy right away. I waited almost a year to get Sims3... so I think I'll wait and see what everyone says about it before I purchase. Also, I want to see what kind of EP's they are gonna start pushing before I buy the base game.

I love all the stuff I have with Sims 3 right now... so starting over with just the basics doesn't really appeal to me.

• InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited July 2014
    KramYraelo wrote:

If your asking what mods to get, I'd suggest everything NRAAS. But you may want to pick and choose, so just scan the mods and their descriptions and decide for yourself. Just Google "NRAAS" and it should be the first link you see. At a bare minimum you'll want the Overwatch, Story Progression, Error Trap and Traveler (if you have World Adventures).

I use pretty much all of them save Dresser, and it makes the game so much more enjoyable and mostly stable. I say mostly because I still get an errant lockup now and then. But as mods go they fix just about everything that is broken as best can be done. And certainly better than any patch provided by the company that made the game :wink:

Regards,

Krammy

Thanks so much Krammy. :mrgreen:
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    edited July 2014
    KramYraelo wrote:

Regards,

Krammy
    TY for the info Krammy :D I too was looking to mod my sims 3, seeings how ill be playing it for quite a while more. Many thanks and happy simming!
  • solarfairy77solarfairy77 Posts: 265 Member
    edited July 2014
    You are not alone! Since I won't be buying the sims 4 or any expansion for that matter unless they give us toddlers for FREE, I will continue to play the sims 3. I am loving the sims 3 and now that the new set coming out for July is including even more things to love, there is no reason to abandon the game :)
  • ireneruthyablonireneruthyablon Posts: 555 Member
    edited July 2014
    From what I have read about #4 it appears the most interesting part of the game is creating a Sim, and not playing the game. There's so many interesting aspects of the present game missing in the new version. Could they have spent too much time working on Create A Sim?

I have been playing #3 since it was released and I still haven't had a family with teenagers! It would be easy for me to play this game for another 3 or 4 years and not get bored.
  • simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    edited July 2014
    I run hot and cold with Sims 3 but I do plan to stick with it for a long while to come.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    edited July 2014
    Are you kidding? I still play the sims 2!
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • sghost320sghost320 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Well, I won't be getting the Sims 4 until/unless I see features in it that really make me go "I want it!"
  • ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    edited July 2014
    No way since I've no current interest of getting Sims 4 to change my mind.
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited July 2014
    I won't be abandoning TS3 even if I got TS4 because I would play both if I get the new game for a very long time.I even still like TS2 though I have to run it on my old computer until I get upgraded to Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited July 2014
    I would only move on from TS3 if something better came along. Since I don't see anything like that being offered, I'm sticking with it!
  • Snakefire30Snakefire30 Posts: 473 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm sticking to Sims 2 and Sims 3 (I switch between the two based on my mood.)

I have seen nothing that makes me want to buy Sims 4, and there is no reason to stop playing an old game just because a new one is coming out.
  • Simmer2500Simmer2500 Posts: 247 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm not getting Sims 4 and will be sticking with Sims 3 for as long as I can. Besides, I've only been playing Sims 3 since April and only have one expansion so far and want to get a few more.
  • Sim4EvaSim4Eva Posts: 19
    edited July 2014
    I'll probably stick around for awhile as well,especially since ts4 wont have toddlers!
  • JaypardJaypard Posts: 623 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'll buy and play the Sims 4 but I will probably stick with the Sims 3 until we get some of the expansions I considerate "essential". Going from having everything in a game to not having anything at all isn't that interesting to me for now, I will pre-order it but it won't keep me from playing the Sims 3 which I believe will be much more fun for a long while because of everything being out for it already, feels more "complete".
  • FoelckFoelck Posts: 9
    edited July 2014
    Depends on the mood i am in i guess. I still play sims 1 on my old computer god bless it. Ive spent way to much money installing and buying them all so they will sit there :P and ill play them whenever my mind decides what one i want to for the day ^_^
  • DarklingDarkling Posts: 6,327 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm sticking with TS3. TS4 appears to be watered down and rushed at this point--they seem to be throwing confirmed features out like luggage off a sinking ship.
    Mikezumi wrote:
    I would only move on from TS3 if something better came along. Since I don't see anything like that being offered, I'm sticking with it!

EA, in their infinite wisdom, have cut toddlers from the Base Game, Mikezumi. :shock: This was the absolute last straw for me and set me firmly on the "Not Getting" side of the fence. Maybe later when they are added back in...but then again, maybe not.
    14785081519_9e388018bc_o.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top