Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEW GAMEPLAY TRAILER: Smarter and Weird Official Gameplay Trailer

Comments

• Options
    mia919mia919 Posts: 186 New Member
    edited June 2014
    saranel81 wrote:
    mia919 wrote:
    Moonbarker wrote:
    Now a game: who's the teen in that trailer? :lol:
    The guy standing to the right of the picnic table when the family was eating was definitely a teen! :lol:

The guy with the tattoos? Or is there another family meal scene that I'm missing?

No snark meant, I'm just not sure if that's a teen, unless teens can have tattoos. Anything's possible.

Ahh you got me there. I didn't notice the tattoos or the drink, but his face looks young to me. Maybe teens can have tatoos? Well the girls in the plaid skirts are teens at least haha.
  • Options
    dorendia122dorendia122 Posts: 6,961 Member
    edited June 2014
    SumoB wrote:
    Am I the only one who is not impressed? This is recycled footage. And by the way, 85% of what is shown, is possible in previous sims games (basegames!). I feel like there is nothing new and exiting about this generation of the sims!

I'm with ya! What we really need is some game play footage and not recycled garbage. It looks pretty and all but that's not the point. We want to see this game in action.
    Gmmov8T.gif
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited June 2014
    So more staged visuals and they provide a render of the baby yet don't include it in the staged trailer... Did they think we would be happy with this? :roll:

Zerbu, I appreciate you taking time out to share *hugs*
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited June 2014
    Badmagic wrote:
    SumoB wrote:
    Am I the only one who is not impressed? This is recycled footage. And by the way, 85% of what is shown, is possible in previous sims games (basegames!). I feel like there is nothing new and exiting about this generation of the sims!
    Don't worry, you aren't alone, just look at the youtube comments if you have any doubt, its just a few people are determined to think this is the second coming regardless of what's right in front of them.

You guys aren't alone... :?
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited June 2014
    JeanBaby4 wrote:
    0:32 looks like death by electrocution? She lies in a featus position. Or maybe this death has been confirmed already and I'm just behind on my info :P

I'm so excited for this game!

I hope this means it really will be coming back. In the TS3 base game it was fairly easy to kill off a Sim that way. As the game went along and things were added it seems like the chance of it happening kept going down. It got to the point where I could have a Sim, with no handiness skill points, stand in a puddle and fix a cheap dishwasher and all that happened was that they gained a skill point or two.

Sometimes ya just gotta kill off these little suckers!
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Ashgamer394Ashgamer394 Posts: 96 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Looks neat, but I want actual gameplay.
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    edited June 2014
    I love the old fashioned stove! Glad we're getting that theme back!
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    etherealethereal Posts: 107 Member
    edited June 2014
    uh...er...um...k

Gameplay :?
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited June 2014
    hmmmmm, I can't decide if I will even LIKE this game, if I will be able to play the way I want OR if it's too goofy / childish / cartoony ?

I really can't decide!

I notice some of the clothing patterns look very much like they were taken from sims 3 , along with the really hard plastic look of the clothing fabric.

They did add sexy lingerie though, gotta give 'em that much.
  • Options
    sohfoxsohfox Posts: 255 Member
    edited June 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:
    hmmmmm, I can't decide if I will even LIKE this game, if I will be able to play the way I want OR if it's too goofy / childish / cartoony ?

I really can't decide!

I notice some of the clothing patterns look very much like they were taken from sims 3 , along with the really hard plastic look of the clothing fabric.

They did add sexy lingerie though, gotta give 'em that much.

Yeah I'm with you on that.... The goofier nature was why I didn't like TS2 to begin with. I liked ts1 and ts3 so Maybe I am an odd person in two ways :P
    my art http://anenfairy.deviantart.com
    My favorite sims: TS3
  • Options
    SmylishSmylish Posts: 274 Member
    edited June 2014
    chider1234 wrote:
    The guy that's always shirtless has a shirt on while he's doing push ups! And I love Babs face when she's embarrassed!

Your avatar looks like Ollie! :P

And yeah! Their faces are a bit silly, but I love that. It makes the game funnier (I'm not sure that's a word though xD I'm Portuguese.)
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited June 2014
    OK what's up with the people wearing the freaky full head masks? Can't say I'm enamored of that. Also, I personally think EA has a fairly disturbing obsession with people wetting their pants. I get soooo tired of constantly seeing that in TS3! Not real excited to see it's apparently still around in TS4.
  • Options
    Kellieann123Kellieann123 Posts: 507 Member
    edited June 2014
    I just want to point out they've called this a gameplay trailer, but it's not.. It's scripted and rendered. You can tell by the camera angles. This is no different from the rest of the stuff they've posted.
  • Options
    Pandagirl9449Pandagirl9449 Posts: 911 Member
    edited June 2014
    Thanks, Z! Always bringing in the news (you'd be perfect for CNN).

On the trailer: I noticed they added in the cupcake machine and the bathroom scene, but I'm really digging that teen in the yellow shirt dancing. He's so geeked up haha.
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited June 2014
    SumoB wrote:

Nope, not impressed at all. It's just the same recycled footage, with a mixture of some new 2 second clips.

Obviously this community isn't happy with the game. Look down on the comment section for this video, and it's a bloodbath. I've more people say they'll pirate this game more than I've ever seen before. Now, I'm against pirating, but that to me speaks volumes. Also, this video has a lot of dislikes compared to the others.

I'm telling you, people are finally fed up with EA.
  • Options
    Red_PentalphaRed_Pentalpha Posts: 24
    edited June 2014
    AmaraRena wrote:
    OK what's up with the people wearing the freaky full head masks? Can't say I'm enamored of that. Also, I personally think EA has a fairly disturbing obsession with people wetting their pants. I get soooo tired of constantly seeing that in TS3! Not real excited to see it's apparently still around in TS4.

EA doesn't have a disturbing obsession with people wetting their pants. The players do. It's funny in its own right to certain people (me included).

Now, if only we could do rebellious wetting rather than accidents. I swear, would enjoy my guy (don't worry, I am not a 🐸🐸🐸🐸, they are always guys) letting lose on the porch of his most hated boss.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    kirby356 wrote:
    SumoB wrote:

Nope, not impressed at all. It's just the same recycled footage, with a mixture of some new 2 second clips.

Obviously this community isn't happy with the game. Look down on the comment section for this video, and it's a bloodbath. I've more people say they'll pirate this game more than I've ever seen before. Now, I'm against pirating, but that to me speaks volumes. Also, this video has a lot of dislikes compared to the others.

I'm telling you, people are finally fed up with EA.

Knowing EA, mass pirating will not get EA to allow their devs to make better games. It will make EA make tighter constraints on online activity, maybe to the extent of not being allowed to keep your games if you get a new computer because...you may have pirated it.
  • Options
    Only1whtrbbtOnly1whtrbbt Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited June 2014
    Is it just me, or do the animations look less smooth than TS3, and more reminiscent of TS2???
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Is it just me, or do the animations look less smooth than TS3, and more reminiscent of TS2???
    Personally, I think the animations are better than in previous titles. They could all be staged, though, however I don't think even EA is THAT low. I mean, the graphics and animations look highly comparable to Battlefield Heroes, if you ever played that. Terrible game, but the animations were pretty nice (comparable to Team Fortress 2). I would assume the animations will genuinely be good....not $60 good though.
  • Options
    Only1whtrbbtOnly1whtrbbt Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited June 2014
    Now, if only we could do rebellious wetting rather than accidents. I swear, would enjoy my guy (don't worry, I am not a 🐸🐸🐸🐸, they are always guys) letting lose on the porch of his most hated boss.

I am Only1whtrbbt, and I approve of this message!
  • Options
    DaQueen84DaQueen84 Posts: 400 New Member
    edited June 2014
    This seems like the same thing.
  • Options
    menemene Posts: 2,322 Member
    edited June 2014

That is exactly what I thought.....
    And I want to see gameplay footage :!:
  • Options
    Dearra95Dearra95 Posts: 556 Member
    edited June 2014
    SumoB wrote:

Nope, I'm not impressed either. The Sims 2 game footage and renders looked awesome at the time too and a lot wasn't actual gameplay.
  • Options
    TheMomminatorTheMomminator Posts: 4,215 Member
    edited June 2014
    The new trailer is fun but I'm pretty much over trailers. I want to see some actual gameplay.
  • Options
    InannaWintermoonInannaWintermoon Posts: 3,400 Member
    edited June 2014
    Dearra95 wrote:
    SumoB wrote:

Nope, I'm not impressed either. The Sims 2 game footage and renders looked awesome at the time too and a lot wasn't actual gameplay.

I am not impressed in the least. Then again a lot of people don't seem very impressed either.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhBoPE-Cn4s
    It's quite drop from the top, so how ya feeling down there?