Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pelican's Place - a seaside cottage by Yanti

yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
Hi guys, :D

I shared a seaside cottage today named 'Pelican's Place'. It has 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, living room, kitchen, dining room, laundry room, 2 balconies, swimming pool and an outside barbecue area. Hope you guys like my build. All comments, downloads and recommendations are very much appreciated. Here are some pics:

14324815818_0fd6ef7807_z.jpg

14324861637_6a679e8b7e_z.jpg

14507998271_e666ae7a3a_z.jpg

14507998291_8ef511ddb3_z.jpg

14531511283_450a7ff20e_z.jpg

14531511413_59d648143a_z.jpg

14324736429_e12bc52e44_z.jpg

14324735898_0cefa15c13_z.jpg

14324735808_60f35d46e3_z.jpg

14324736599_c65766e91b_z.jpg

14509995384_6bb1afa908_z.jpg

14488244306_036f21c14d_z.jpg

14488244326_1670b099c6_z.jpg

14324909407_3538ba950d_z.jpg

14488244446_bac7aa9de4_z.jpg

14324909417_73efd4382f_z.jpg

14324909547_1df10e2e51_z.jpg

14324909537_f527d371a1_z.jpg

14324909577_3378b82e98_z.jpg

14509995374_3050db120d_z.jpg

14509995444_a0f37bf5a1_z.jpg

Download link:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8303135

Slideshow link:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/11840326@N02/sets/72157645376265725/

Comments

• Options
    sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh my goodness, Yanti! It is so quaint and spectacular! I can see it being used with some of the items from the new set as well! :D I adore the house! Rec'd and Favorited! :D
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • Options
    sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited June 2014
    I feel like it belongs in Nantucket! :D
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • Options
    SnowmoonSnowmoon Posts: 3,437 Member
    edited June 2014
    You are on a roll, Yanti. This is just lovely and fits the seaside perfectly.
    Find my builds under Evie_Snowmoon in the Gallery!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited June 2014
    Pelican's Place is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior of it! The roofing looks great! It looks very nice how you have done the statices at the front of the home! The texture and colour of the exterior suits a seaside cottage well. The shutter windows look nice! Nice balconies. Very nice back outdoors living and pool area! Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool. The water fountains in the pool are nice. It looks nice how you have placed the plants there on the corners of the pool deck and on the edge of the house. The string lights look nice.Sims will enjoy cooking on the BBQ in the sunshine. Nice sitting areas there for sims to enjoy studying relaxing outdoors in the air. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home. Nice nautical themed living sitting room area, for sims to enjoy sitting watching tv or reading a book. The boats on the bookcases and the sea wall decor look great. The flowers look nice on the ledge, for sims to enjoy seeing when sitting there. The type of wall light that you have placed on the walls through the home looks nice. Nice pattern and colour of the living room wall. Very nice dining room! The pictures that you have placed on the wall there create a very nice atmosphere for dining. Sims will like seeing them and the vase of flowers whilst eating. Nice shade of blue that you have used for the dining seats. Very nice pattern and shade of yellow that you have used for the walls. The yellow coloured boat wheel and the oars on the dining room wall are nice seaside touches. Very nice furnishing of the kitchen! Nice texture that you have used for the kitchen counters. It looks nice how you have done the kitchen wall shelves with the plants, flour, utensils and paper towel! Nice kitchen touches for sims to see and the cookie jars look very nice on the shelf above the bakery oven. The vertical row of food pictures on the wall is nice for sims to see whilst preparing a meal. Great living area for sims to enjoy either sitting listening to music from the stereo or enjoy doing some dancing. Very nice colour shades that you have used in the bathroom! The pattern on the wall tiles is very nice too! Very nice recolouring of the rolled towels . Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms. The shells and the framed nautical decor either side and above the bed in one of the double bedrooms looks nice. Nice pattern that you have used for the bed. The white armchair and table there looks nice with the blue colours of the wall. Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing and reading there. The boat themed single bed looks great and suits the seaside location of the build. Nice colours you have used for the bed. Great study desk corner nook for the child sim to do homework at or use the computer. The boat on the desk looks great there. The type of doors that you have used through the home looks nice. Very nice bed area in the other double bed. The string of shells on the bedhead wall , the oars on the walls , and the boats on the bedside tables look nice and nautical. Nice patterning of the bed and sofa there. Great nook play area under the bed in the bunk bed room. Child Sims will have fun playing with their toys there. The row of hanging pictures looks great there. Nice type of study desk chair that you have used there and the books decor on the table look great there. Very nice pictures of your home with the different coloured skies! They are very nice pictures!
    It is a very nice home! :)
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2014
    Omg omg omg omg omg! When can I move in?? It's pefect, Yanti :mrgreen: Such a lovely build xx
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    saitouamysaitouamy Posts: 1,104 Member
    edited June 2014
    Ooh Pelican's Place looks amazing, Yanti!
    I love it's unique roof shape so much. Back garden with pool looks fresh and beautiful, must be really nice to spend a time in there :) Interior using lots of beach item looks wonderful too. I always, always love to see how you use each decors, those items make each room really natural and gorgeous :D It's a perfect house for summer!
  • Options
    KOman123KOman123 Posts: 1,065 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi Yanti! Longtime no see. *waves* I saw your message over in F's thread and I am doing very well. Very busy but very well. How about you?

My my my you have been busy. I may have been absent from the forums for like 8 months, but I did lurk and always took the time to see the homes that you were making. As usual your work is impeccable! I love the roof line and how cozy the home feels!

Great job, a DL and Rec from me!

-KO
  • Options
    chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited June 2014
    I LOVE ALL YOUR BUILDS, YANTI!
    And this one is NOT the exception :thumbup: So cosy!
  • Options
    AnchesAnches Posts: 177 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hallo Yanti :D

Wonderful new work Yanti! :mrgreen: I really LOVE your detailed house design, the decoration and the landscaping very much <3
    It´s a lovely creation again! :thumbup:
    x6kikn.jpg
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    edited June 2014
    Pelican's Place is superb, perfect for the seaside. Great architecture and love how you've placed the stairs at the front. Wonderful interiors, really like the nautical theme :D
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited June 2014
    Gorgeous Yanti you have captured the seaside feel perfectly with this build. :D
    Great architecture and beautifully furnished another Yanti build for my favourites.
    xox Folly
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Oh my goodness, Yanti! It is so quaint and spectacular! I can see it being used with some of the items from the new set as well! :D I adore the house! Rec'd and Favorited! :D

YAY for the rec and the fav! ((Hugs)) :D I am thrilled that you liked my seaside cottage! I have always loved seaside cottages! Got quite inspired when I went to Cape Cod couple of years back. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Snowmoon wrote:
    You are on a roll, Yanti. This is just lovely and fits the seaside perfectly.

:lol::lol: Just trying to make the most of Sims 3 before Sims 4 comes out! Glad you liked my beachside cottage. Thanks for stopping by! ((Hugs)) :D
  • Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited June 2014
    Awesome!! :D

Rec'd, Faved, plan to Download too when I next open my launcher up.
    Lovin' the new home, Yanti! Especially the stairs - what a cute edition!
    Beautiful colours of the exterior, and the pool looks great!
    I love how you've put the string lights outside there too :D

~YJ~
  • Options
    FischioFischio Posts: 319 Member
    edited June 2014
    Simply wonderful cottage yanti! Great colors in the decor :thumbup: Love the name as well since your creative use of the stairs reminds me of a pelican's bill. Rec'd
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited June 2014
    Hi dear Yanti!

I love Pelican's Place -- it's adorable! There is nothing I like better than a seaside cottage and yours is perfect.

I am off to rec and fave your lovely creation.

Hugs,

Sue Pea
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited June 2014
    ( furiously packing a suitcase elven now.)

I'm packing! Yanti! I'm coming! Leave a key under the mat, for I am too short to reach it on the molding above the door! Be there in 30 minutes

Recd!
    T
  • Options
    DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    edited June 2014
    *dives into Taryn's suitcase and tags along* I am coming too!
    That house needs a Dolphine, I am sure of it. Seaside... dolphin(e)s... yep, I fits, so I sits!
    *sits firmly by the front door and waits until she can move in*

Amazing. Just amazing, yanti! <4 (because <3 doesn't even cover it)
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Rose - Thank you dear! You are so generous with your compliments and time! I appreciate you!((Hugs)) :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    Omg omg omg omg omg! When can I move in?? It's pefect, Yanti :mrgreen: Such a lovely build xx

Thanks! I know you like beach style of builds! You can move in anytime! ((Hugs)) :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    saitouamy wrote:
    Ooh Pelican's Place looks amazing, Yanti!
    I love it's unique roof shape so much. Back garden with pool looks fresh and beautiful, must be really nice to spend a time in there :) Interior using lots of beach item looks wonderful too. I always, always love to see how you use each decors, those items make each room really natural and gorgeous :D It's a perfect house for summer!

Thanks Amy! :D I got so inspired by all the summer creations and I wanted to build a seaside cottage myself. Glad you liked it! Wish I could go away for a vacation now! :mrgreen: ((Hugs))
  • Options
    itguyinscitguyinsc Posts: 5,765 Member
    edited June 2014
    I saw this on FB yesterday. It is absolutely beautiful and everything a seaside cottage should be. :)
    Don't forget to share on the App Thread. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    Heather3184Heather3184 Posts: 431 Member
    edited June 2014
    Absolutely beautiful Yanti!! :)
    bea341.jpg
  • Options
    noracelwynenoracelwyne Posts: 244 Member
    edited June 2014
    Yanti it's lovely! Unbelievably quaint, I adore it! :-)

Rec'd
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited June 2014
    cute

I didn't thought you could place the mansion stairs that way, I was under the impresion sims won't walk on the curvy part
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳