Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ZOO U WIP Homework Thread

Comments

• Options
    sherrylynn8779sherrylynn8779 Posts: 2,102 Member
    edited June 2014
    Thank you Folly! :)
    My Twitter:: My Facebook:: Gallery Name: sherry_lynn1979
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited June 2014
    More Fun in the Compound this morning before I go and pick up my lil girl from her grammy's! :D

This is the elevator entrance to the communal garden/playground area. I really like the way it turned out!
    KM4jwRA.jpg

LIKE!!

Nice patterning, nice contrast! I could see this in a real building.

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    edited June 2014
    yanti68 wrote:
    Nice updates Sherry! I like the elevator entrance and chapel!

I do too, it reminds me of a sunflower!I still want to play with the brown on the diagonal to see how that would work for me. :)Thank you!
    rosemow wrote:
    Very nice elevator entrance! The diagonal design and the pattern and texture on the flooring looks great! The playground is looking great. Sims of all ages will have fun playing on the equipment , riding the spring riders or using the slippery water slide there. It will be a nice place for sims to enjoy having a picnic at the picnic table. The Chapel looks very nice! Very nice golden shade of colour that you have used there and the wall panelling looks nice. It looks nice the type of and how you have you have placed the comfortable sofa pew seats. Great golden recolouring of the statues. The candles on the altar table looks great, and the ceiling flame lights suit the type of room well.
    Great updates ! :)

Thank you for your kind compliments! I appreciate them!
    MeaganJo wrote:
    LOL for some reason I keep singing follow the yellow brick road ever since I saw your garden room. Nice updates :D

To be fair, it is the lighting. I was trying to change the lighting so that they resemble CFL lighting coloration, but I think I need a softer yellow. LOL. Maybe The Wizard can tell me a more subtle value to use for the lights. HAHA! Thank you for your compliment!

If you click on a light in that room select set color, custom color, this room and then type in say (red)255 (green)250 (blue)211 but like this 255,250,211 it would be a light yellow. So all you need to do is go into CASt on any odd object find the color that you are looking for that you want the lights to light up with click on the pound sign # and you'll see the red green and blue numbers memorize them or write them down and then go to your light and do the above. :) I hope I wrote that out ok.

P.S. I must agree with everyone else on that sunflower looking pattern that really turned out nice. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Zoo, I was in the middle of reading your comments when I was viciously attacked by a crazy boxer and female hooligan chitlin. (my silly skin and fur daughters)

The only thing I do not like in this is the seams that I cannot control. But I can't help but love the result of my sunflower! :D I almost want to put this in front of all my elevators, but in different colors. IDK... I will give it a go and if it seems too monotonous I'll change it! LOL
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    MeaganJo wrote:
    yanti68 wrote:
    Nice updates Sherry! I like the elevator entrance and chapel!

I do too, it reminds me of a sunflower!I still want to play with the brown on the diagonal to see how that would work for me. :)Thank you!
    rosemow wrote:
    Very nice elevator entrance! The diagonal design and the pattern and texture on the flooring looks great! The playground is looking great. Sims of all ages will have fun playing on the equipment , riding the spring riders or using the slippery water slide there. It will be a nice place for sims to enjoy having a picnic at the picnic table. The Chapel looks very nice! Very nice golden shade of colour that you have used there and the wall panelling looks nice. It looks nice the type of and how you have you have placed the comfortable sofa pew seats. Great golden recolouring of the statues. The candles on the altar table looks great, and the ceiling flame lights suit the type of room well.
    Great updates ! :)

Thank you for your kind compliments! I appreciate them!
    MeaganJo wrote:
    LOL for some reason I keep singing follow the yellow brick road ever since I saw your garden room. Nice updates :D

To be fair, it is the lighting. I was trying to change the lighting so that they resemble CFL lighting coloration, but I think I need a softer yellow. LOL. Maybe The Wizard can tell me a more subtle value to use for the lights. HAHA! Thank you for your compliment!

If you click on a light in that room select set color, custom color, this room and then type in say (red)255 (green)250 (blue)211 but like this 255,250,211 it would be a light yellow. So all you need to do is go into CASt on any odd object find the color that you are looking for that you want the lights to light up with click on the pound sign # and you'll see the red green and blue numbers memorize them or write them down and then go to your light and do the above. :) I hope I wrote that out ok.

P.S. I must agree with everyone else on that sunflower looking pattern that really turned out nice. :mrgreen:

I understood that completely. I didn't even consider using CASt to find the value I needed! THANK YOU!!! :D

Thank you for the compliment on my sunflower as well! (I kind of feel like a proud momma at this moment!) :oops: :wink::D
  • Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh good I'm glad! :D
    Well you should be a very proud mamma because it turned out awesome! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    And now, I dub thee "The Wizard"! (or Wiz for short) -I hope you don't mind because YOU got Yellow Brick Road stuck in MY head! LOL :P J/K

I really do appreciate your help with that! The harsh yellow was quite...atrocious! :shock:

• Options
    TaheraTahera Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited June 2014
    Your elevator entrance looks great. It`s not too busy and not too plain.
    Great job!
    Have a nice day!
  • Options
    duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    edited June 2014
    Your compound looks good and fun Sherry! :) Liked the entrance of elevators!! :)

Good work! :thumbup: and good luck!
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    edited June 2014
    More Fun in the Compound this morning before I go and pick up my lil girl from her grammy's! :D

This is the elevator entrance to the communal garden/playground area. I really like the way it turned out!
    KM4jwRA.jpg

I love your work so far. You´re working hard !! :D But this is the most I like. Great combination of shapes, colours and patterns.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Tahera wrote:
    Your elevator entrance looks great. It`s not too busy and not too plain.
    Great job!

Thank you! :)
    Your compound looks good and fun Sherry! :) Liked the entrance of elevators!! :)

Good work! :thumbup: and good luck!

I'm really enjoying working on this build! Thank you! :)
    AIRIS6962 wrote:

I love your work so far. You´re working hard !! :D But this is the most I like. Great combination of shapes, colours and patterns.

It's my favorite so far, as well! :D Thank you!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    MAN! This is becoming one of the MOST detailed lots I have EVER done! Honestly, I may run out of ideas before I ever get to the Residential Compartments. GAH!!!!
    I'm sure you all were wondering when I would post new updated to my WIP (yep, I am that egocentric! LOL...kidding) Well, here is what I have done (minus a few changes here and there)and YES I will CASt the ceilings :D

This was just because I wanted something fun to do.

BHT5IYQ.jpg

The rest of the Gym:

IV0XL1h.jpgoA9PMh2.jpg

Communal Dining and Kitchen (I ended up putting in a regular stove as well as the replicator)

tKf1JPh.jpgtqJRNGy.jpgTVuyWqh.jpgijOADUP.jpgw7bFND5.jpg

What would go better with a Nectary than a Nectar tasting room?
    iwJgvs6.jpg1aIJDSG.jpgPvho5YG.jpg

Hmmm, I wonder what this could be? (I'll reset it before upload, lol)
    sGZBDs5.jpg

The research lab!!! To try to find the cure to the Zombie Virus, as well as provide medicine for the common cold!
    kuexUhX.jpg
    Complete with.... LAB RATS and a squirrel.
    umXyS9C.jpg
    yea, I know I need to decorate it! LOL

The Ceiling is WIGGING ME OUT MAN!!! I am so going to change this for the second time. LOL I also decided to use the hedge bush for picnic privacy.
    49tWSwf.jpg

So, my chapel I decided to totally go Moses returns from Mt. Sinai and finds his people worshiping false idols type of thing and so I went full blow "OMG, Shiny!" Gold. Just to be goofy.:P
    PgUYMlq.jpg

I hope you enjoy! -I might or might not be a little delirious today. I LOVE INSOMNIA! HAHAHA, NOT! I really hope to sleep tonight!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,637 Member
    edited June 2014
    The running man and the weight lifting dumbells pattern on the floor of the gym look great! :) The red and white colours of the gym walls looks great. Very nice dining and kitchen area! It looks very nice how you have placed the tables and chairs there, and it is a nice touch how you have placed rose petals candles on top of the tables to provide a nice sight and light when dining there. Nice type of ceiling light that you have used. The framed pictures on the wall add a nice feel to the room and create a nice dining atmosphere. Great grand piano corner nook. Sims will enjoy dining to the sound of the piano being played. The harp looks very nice there. Sims will enjoy eating food that they have served themselves from the buffet table. The flowers on the buffet table and the floral pattern on the tablecloth are pretty for sims to see when getting there food. Great design of and furnishing of the kitchen! The colour and texture that you have used for the kitchen cabinets and counters looks great. It looks great that you have placed the textured bowls on the island table there. The wall and floor tiling looks great. It looks nice how you have placed the nice kitchen touches of the fruit bowls, cup cake stand and jars on the counters. Nice nectar tasting room! It looks great how you have done the curved wall of nectar racks. Sims will enjoy either sitting on stools at the bar, relaxing on the sofa or sitting at the corner nook table enjoying having a drink. The texture of the walls looks great! The caged candles add a nice look to the room and suit the type of room. The research room is great, and it is great that you have lab rats to test things out on! Great idea! The gold of the Chapel looks very nice. Very nice wall panelling to suit the type of room.
    The WIP is looking great! :)
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2014
    Lovely updates Sherry! I especially like that kitchen and cellar very much! :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thank you for the great feedback Rose! Unfortunately I had to remove the centerpiece on the buffet, I didn't realize the sims were so persnickety about things under the buffet table (but I don't really ever put the buffet in any of my builds). LOL

Yanti I am happy that you like the kitchen and the cellar. I really like the cellar as well. I know it needs some decor still, but I am thinking of keeping it simple. :)

Thank you both for all your wonderful support! :)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    WOO! Lots of work being done on the Compound! :D Today I present the Dojo, a place to meditate in calm and serenity, plus get in a mighty fine workout!

The fountain that's not really a fountain! :D Because Zoo had a GREAT IDEA! Do you see that water coming out of the dragon's mouth and through the hole of the politician's rock?

mcIQAH7.jpg0Go65BN.jpganEIe2S.jpgy5VrS6D.jpg46a5xOs.jpg

Now I just have some overheads to give you a feel for how much I have done:
    Level B1: Housing and dojo, I'm thinking of doing a laundromat and salon on this level

NSWiql1.jpg

Level B2: Dining, kitchen, Cellar, Gym, Spa/sauna, housing (I have started on one housing compartment, it is in the bottom left corner, next to the dining room.

sS6otdu.jpg

Level B3: Garden, park, lab, chapel, nectary and housing (that is part of the richest sim's compartment that is 3 levels!).
    Hxqlod6.jpg

Level B4: Security/jail... and maybe some other things???

ewycPwB.jpg

Feedback welcome! :D
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,637 Member
    edited June 2014
    The dojo looks very nice! :) The water fountain feature looks very great! Very creatively done! Great mooing work! The lily pads in the water look nice. It is a nice calming restful scene for sims to see when doing martial arts training there. Great texture of the wall behind the feature and the stone texture of the flooring in front of the water feature looks great. Great setting up of the martial arts items for sims to enjoy doing martial arts training there. The lantern lights look nice and suit well the type of room. The sword, fans and type of pictures on the walls adds to the atmosphere of the room.
    It is great seeing overhead pictures of the layout of the levels and what you have done.
    The WIP is looking great! :)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thank you Ms. Rose for your wonderful comments! You certainly have a talent for seeing detail! :D Have a great day/night! :D
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited June 2014
    The fountain room is so beautiful! I love your use of fog emitters! Great job! :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thank you Ms. Yanti. Admittedly, I have not used any fog emitters yet, it is in the plans, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. LOL. I still very much appreciate your compliments! :D
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh wow, this is looking so great!! I'm really enjoying looking through this thread :mrgreen:
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thank you GC! I am glad you are liking what you are seeing. It has been a booger, the public rooms that I have finished have public space markers in place, then I had to turn on cheats to be able to change the basement... geez, lol. I maybe should take out the markers until the very end, huh? LOL
  • Options
    FischioFischio Posts: 319 Member
    edited June 2014
    I need this in real life for zombageddon lol It looks great so far Sherrylynn :D My favorite parts are the romantic dining area and the cool blue in the kitchen. The dojo fountain is also very creative and the floor guy in the gym made me laugh :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thank you Fischio! Shall I put you on the list of buyers for one of these (not so) apartment compartments? LOL

Floor guy and barbells are gone. I just couldn't justify them taking away from the build. :lol:

The only thing I don't like about this build is that basements are quite limiting. :( But, it has been fun!