Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why I will not be buying any more store content

It is simple I cannot buy because I cannot download.

Trying to be sensible I went to Help and sent a message. Nothing back from EA and nothing in the FAQ to really help me fix the problem.

So I am now stuck with the new venue which I cannot download and simpoints which I cannot spend. However I should count myself lucky because it is the first time in 5 years that this has happened.

It also makes me laugh as I was debating whether or not to get this venue or save my pennies for TS4. Ironic EA should make that decision for me.

In case anyone is wondering I can still gift simpoints so my very lucky niece will be getting mine.

I could be rude about EA and it's lack of customer focus but as we all know that would be pointless. I am going off for a very adult sulk and will no doubt be back to play again and talk to friends. But not download though :twisted:

I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita

Comments

• Options
    YellowJaneYellowJane Posts: 6,589 Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh that sucks :|

Have you tried Live Chat? I believe I have a link...

http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=the-sims-3

You can talk to people live there, and they'll help for sure. There's no reason why yo shouldn't be able to download but I'd check the following to be sure:

-is your game up-to-date? New store content won't work with an out-of-date game.

-do you have Mods or CC installed? CC can cause glitches, and mods need to be kept up to date with your game or it won't function properly.

-is there room on your computer? If you have no storage space, it won't download.

-is your internet connection okay? A bad connection will make it tricky to download stuff, as it does come from the internet.

Check through these things... I hope I've helped to an extent :)
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited June 2014
    Obviously, it's not just the DL button that doesn't work because your buy button also does not work.

I've been having problems with some buttons not working for me as well. Sometimes my rec button does not work. It won't work on anyone. Then another day it might work for awhile.

Also, I have friends that somehow are marked as unsubscribed when I did not unsubscribe. I can not bring up any interactions when I click on the images. Yet I can bring up interactions for Sim friends that are not unsubscribed.

I would think maybe my mouse is having issues, but it's too weird that it works for somethings and not for others.

I have a habit of switching between browsers, so that if IE doesn't work for something, I'll try Firefox. I wonder if the back and forth with browsers caused a problem for me.

I think I'll remove Firefox and just go back to IE.

I wonder if you too have tried different browsers and clearing all your internet settings and trying again.

I'll bet somebody updated something somewhere and that left the old way of doing things stranded.

It's so hard to track down things when Java updates and browsers update and sites update. Noone is ever really in sync with everything else.

I hope you can resolve your issues. I have no clue what to do when the DL button doesn't activate.
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited June 2014
    sorry to hear you are still having issues, sadly though you will need to try clean up your data files like it was suggested a year ago even though you then declined to do so

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/645558.page#10391922

sims is a complicated enough of a game that it can require this from time to time, but its not hard to do. since u been having problems for so long I suggest simply resetting the files by pulling sims 3 doc folder to the desktop, run and save a test game and reinstall store items

path my documents/ electronic arts/ sims 3

you may return save files afterwards. see here for more info
    http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/06/tutorial-resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling.html

good luck
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited June 2014
    It may be on EA's side. I, and many others, bought games at Origin during this current sale and cannot download from Origin at all. Origin seems to be a mess now, at least the Origin Client is. This is the fourth day we cannot download on the Origin Client.

I don't know if that is effecting other areas of EA, like this site, but it might be.

So that might be part of it, or might be something totally different, just wanted to make you aware.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited June 2014
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions.

The point of writing this morning was to say that the decision on buying store stuff has effectively been made by EA. Sadly it also means I will not be buying a digital copy of TS4. Disks are safer as this morning proves :)

My brother is in IT and has offered to help but has also suggested the problem might be with EA.

Previous problems with this laptop are related to Win 8 and IP. One has been successfully resolved by adjusting the game settings. The other with IP means I no longer play it. As my VC has been warning me this is not a secure site the current problem could be security related. But I am only guessing and I am sure my brother will sort it :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita