Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think they will put Create a World in The Sims 4?

I honestly love CAW for Sims 3, I think I spend more time building a world of my own more than actually playing the game since downloading it. Do you think they will have something like that for the Sims 4? I feel like they won't though...

Comments

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited May 2014
    I sure hope so! I never quite got making a world figured out but I have fun with it just the same. I love that people can make worlds just how they want, it would be great for Sims 4.

But you're probably right in that they wont have it.
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hopefully, and I hope it won't be difficult to use...
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited May 2014
    I hope so! I love the CAW tool. They could bundle it up with CASt, giving us tools for world and clothing customization outside the main game. It would make it easier and safer for people to import their the community's creations to their game and I suppose it would make most of the fans happy.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    thesims3andtwothesims3andtwo Posts: 4,643 Member
    edited May 2014
    IT was in the base game for TS2 , so I see no reason why we can't have it in 4 :)
  • Options
    NoahreddenNoahredden Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited May 2014
    YES! But i would appreciate it if they made it a little more user friendly
  • Options
    jae12kaejae12kae Posts: 42
    edited May 2014
    IT was in the base game for TS2 , so I see no reason why we can't have it in 4 :)

Ah ha! Smart idea! integrate it into the game just like old times!

I also agree with everyone here that if they actually make CAW for TS4 we need it to be more user friendly. Hopefully some Gurus will see this post!
  • Options
    EzeliaStarpuffEzeliaStarpuff Posts: 401 Member
    edited May 2014
    They flippin' better :x I couldn't get CAW to work for me for Sims 3, but I made an awesome world with Sims 2. I was happy with it.
    TTOVikb.png
    Follow my IGN: Cynquilla

• Options
    Chocoholic_GurlChocoholic_Gurl Posts: 72 Member
    edited May 2014
    I wish
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited May 2014
    There is such a huge market for Custom Worlds, and there has been since Ts2. They would be crazy not to release a tool for it at some point. Hopefully this time around they release a tool that is more refined and user friendly. CAW for Ts3 was great, but it was forever in beta and had many features locked out.
  • Options
    3PupDLS3PupDLS Posts: 882 Member
    edited May 2014
    I think they will definitely have some kind of world creation tool. I agree with others that it should be more user friendly. I hope they include blank templates for all of the worlds in game, like in Sims 2. I want to be able to plop my own buildings and sims in game easily and not have to worry about roads and terrains.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited May 2014
    Alnairan wrote:
    I hope so! I love the CAW tool. They could bundle it up with CASt, giving us tools for world and clothing customization outside the main game. It would make it easier and safer for people to import their the community's creations to their game and I suppose it would make most of the fans happy.

That would be so much better to have easier tools for people to use to create worlds and customs outside the game. It would satisfy the people that want to create stuff and the people who didn't want it in the game so it wouldn't slow it down.

I tried to make customs for sims 3 and just gave up. They need not only easier tools but tutorials to help those with no experience.
  • Options
    StarbucaneerStarbucaneer Posts: 2,561 Member
    edited May 2014
    NO CAW <shudders at the thought>....

...that's assuming there is an " Open World" in the game of course... that has yet to be confirmed.

I spend more time in Sims3 CAW than I do in the game itself so I would love a Sims4 CAW.

I cancelled my pre-order of Sims4 as I was not convinced by what I had seen of official info. BUT after the recent CAS info I re-pre-ordered as I am intrigued by the new CAS. BUT that may be as far as I go with Sims4.

Simming since the beginning! :)
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited May 2014
    No open world??!! :twisted: No CAW??!! :twisted:

Without CAW and all the custom worlds out there I would have not played sims3 for so long and for so many hours, I definitely want an open world and a new CAW (not a beta one this time if it is posible)

If TS4 has not an open world and CAW it will be less than a half of what it could be
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    peno11peno11 Posts: 192 Member
    edited May 2014
    Actually, what was included in Sims 2 was very limited. If you wanted to create something really new, you had to use SimCity 4's god mode and even that had it's limitations. But admittedly, it was easy to use, though you had to pay for another game. I wouldn't mind if they did the same for Sims 4 with the new SimCity.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    edited May 2014
    As far as I am concerned, Create a World does not equal that which Sims 2 had.

World Editor in Sims 3 was equal to the capabilities of the 'create a world' of Sims 2.
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited May 2014
    peno11 wrote:
    Actually, what was included in Sims 2 was very limited. If you wanted to create something really new, you had to use SimCity 4's god mode and even that had it's limitations. But admittedly, it was easy to use, though you had to pay for another game. I wouldn't mind if they did the same for Sims 4 with the new SimCity.

Wich wont happen simply because the new SimCIty doesnt even have a God Mode or any trace of terrain edition. Why ? Because Online gameplay.

That is the reason why i think that they will possibly make a CAW for TS4, (I personally found making cities in SC4 to TS2 way easier than using TS3 CAW) and hopefully it would be way easier to use than TS3 CAW.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    jae12kaejae12kae Posts: 42
    edited May 2014
    Hmm...personally...I got quite used to the open world concept from Sims 3. I'm not sure how going back to being based at one location would play out for the Sims 4 because I'm sure some simmers like me got used to the open world. But at the same time some simmers would love to go back to the non-open world style.

Plus, as said even in Sims 2 we could create a world I can't imagine not being able to in the Sims 4!
  • Options
    lenieceleniece Posts: 869 Member
    edited May 2014
    Like ..creator said. No caw because game is online rpg mmo.
    Don't Worry, Be Happy. Have Fun :D
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2014
    If no sort of world builder tool, at least give me some empty templates like from TS2. I like to make my own world after I tire of EA's world. I won't mind if the templates have limitations like be unable to raise or lower mountains etc. I think an outside tool could work for that part of terrain, but I really do wish we do get some 'lite worlds' if nothing else.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    peno11peno11 Posts: 192 Member
    edited May 2014
    v12creator wrote:
    Wich wont happen simply because the new SimCIty doesnt even have a God Mode or any trace of terrain edition. Why ? Because Online gameplay.

That is the reason why i think that they will possibly make a CAW for TS4, (I personally found making cities in SC4 to TS2 way easier than using TS3 CAW) and hopefully it would be way easier to use than TS3 CAW.
    They already put offline mode to SimCity, so who says they will not put world editor to the game before The Sims 4 is released? If nothing else, it's a way for EA to get Sims fans to buy SimCity, which I am afraid is EA policy in recent years.
  • Options
    AeroFunk80AeroFunk80 Posts: 318 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'd like to think they would, but I think they're going to look at how well their Worlds sold in TS3 (Roaring Heights, Midnight Hollow, Dragon Valley, etc.) and decide to keep this out.

However, CAW would be great. My HOPE for TS4 is to have ZERO rabbit hole businesses. If that's the case, we could build our own bookstore, grocery, spa and restaurants. The only rabbit holes I want are the career based buildings--police station, school, hospital, etc. And even those could be premade buildings you'd just plop down on a lot in CAW.
    AeroSimmer_Small_zps77549281.png
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited May 2014
    AeroFunk80 wrote:
    I'd like to think they would, but I think they're going to look at how well their Worlds sold in TS3 (Roaring Heights, Midnight Hollow, Dragon Valley, etc.) and decide to keep this out.

However, CAW would be great. My HOPE for TS4 is to have ZERO rabbit hole businesses. If that's the case, we could build our own bookstore, grocery, spa and restaurants. The only rabbit holes I want are the career based buildings--police station, school, hospital, etc. And even those could be premade buildings you'd just plop down on a lot in CAW.

I think that EA will eventually make a CAW tool for TS4 but it won't be released for a while. If I recall correctly, CAW wasn't released for a year after TS3 was released.

Frankly, I think that TS3's CAW is much too difficult to use and would prefer a simplified TS2-like version. I'm sure that a modder could crack the code enough to make a more sophisticated tool for those who wanted one, because I believe that the vast majority of players who would have liked to make their own custom worlds for TS3 just couldn't conquer TS3's CAW. I know that I couldn't.

In any case I hope that TS4 comes with several blank templates like TS2 did so that players could build their own semi-custom neighborhoods. I know that I always made my own custom neighborhoods from the templates in TS2.

And I agree that the only rabbit-holes in TS4 should be for careers. Personally I don't care if we have open businesses in the base game or if they come in an EP - just as long as they aren't rabbit-holes and that players can customize them and have their Sims run them. IMHO the Savvy Seller set was a complete joke.

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'd love a CAW style tool for TS4 and want to have the option to play with an empty terrain when starting a game instead of having to put up with everything being pre-populated which was why I got CAW for TS3 in the first place.I've got three worlds made in CAW for TS3 and have another one to finish.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Slippy64653Slippy64653 Posts: 464 Member
    edited May 2014
    I would want both TS2 CAW, and TS3 CAW, for those who want intricate, deatiled, worlds, and those, who are a lot more casual with the system.

But, I would most want, a Sims One style world where you slowly add in more sims and it grows with you :D