Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Jewelry Caper, Scavenger Hunt and Lotto: Winners Announced!

Comments

• Options
    BrightyBrighty Posts: 6,453 Member
    edited May 2014
    Perhaps more people will enter if they see this on the first page. :)
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited May 2014
    Brighty wrote:
    Perhaps more people will enter if they see this on the first page. :)

thats posible...

I'm considering makeing a poster and put up in the local grocery shop.... but I can't print any thing until I get my printer fixed.
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    klb685klb685 Posts: 3,388 Member
    edited May 2014
    This should be back on the front page.
    There are some excellent prizes that shouldn't be missed!
  • Options
    BlythelyreBlythelyre Posts: 4,357 Member
    edited May 2014
    Good morning my precious people! I've been thinking about it and I would love some more studs. I always lose one and need to replace them.

Maybe I can buy them wholesale? :lol:
    14941955179_f9373f55cd_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I think some pieces with long chains or strands of beads would be nice too.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    This! Can you make this Jedi?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2-SegYL5doT5o9INv9BnIjR-294rL32IcCMfMikwdmZLYX1R4

Edit to add:

If you can, I will put in a custom order ASAP! OMG!!! :shock: :shock:
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited May 2014
    Some inspiration from Greenland:

karna_andersens_oestgroenlandske_perlebroderier.jpg

edit: look at the national custume...

965739_750_496_0_0_0_0.jpg
    (the royld family from Denmark Prinsess Marie and Prince Joachim with the princes Nikolai and Felix )
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    Katty0Katty0 Posts: 3,907 Member
    edited May 2014
    Oh, pretty shiny things!!

Bumpty bump for this ;)
  • Options
    JediArielJediAriel Posts: 4,870 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hi everyone!

My apologies for being away. May has been a very hard month for me with both Mother's Day and my Mom's birthday. It was all way too emotional for my family. Thank goodness for the support of my friends who helped get me through it!!! *Big Squishy Hugs* to you!!!

Throughout the day today, I will be responding to each person that posted in this thread. Again, I appreciate each of my dear friends who started this thread and are helping support it and to everyone for participating! Thank you!!! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Brighty wrote:
    Entry Form:
    Name: Brighty

Etsy Item I Liked: The color on this is stunning!
    *Picture Respectfully Removed*

Previous Piece I Liked:
    http://i0.wp.com/www.unicorngladedesigns.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/1540448_651936998175545_1178158642_o.jpg?resize=225,300

What I Shared: The blog post "One Week Left" (clicking the image will take you to a larger version)

What Else I'd Like To See: Some more things similar to this, but without the fabric. Also, if the materials used are hypoallergenic I would like to see mention of that. I get rashes really easily from jewelry containing any nickel, so I never buy anything unless it specifically says that it is hypoallergenic.

You have some really lovely pieces Ariel! It was hard to pick only two. Thank you for hosting Blythe! :mrgreen:

[img]http://img0.etsystatic.com/028/0/8500220/il_570xN.596838166_hfo3.jpg "width=300"[/img]
    I'm in love with this color, too! You should see it in person, so sparkly!

1540448_651936998175545_1178158642_o.jpg?resize=225%2C300
    Hey Blythe! Did you see that Brighty picked your bracelet as the previous piece she liked! Very cool!!!

I have a question about your variation on the purple necklace. Would the crystals and pearls be grouped together, then spaced apart in stations (crystal, crystal, pearl, crystal, crystal, SPACE, crystal, crystal, pearl, crystal, crystal, SPACE,… etc) or would they be strung all in a row?

Ooo! Good thought about mentioning if things are hypoallergenic!!! I do not buy anything in nickel because of concern for allergies. I try to list everything I used in each design, too, but perhaps I should put a separate line saying no nickel. When I have some time, I will verify each items ingredients and make a note about the nickel. Thank you!!!
  • Options
    mjdrgnptmjdrgnpt Posts: 303 Member
    edited May 2014
    Name: mjdrgnpt

Etsy Item I Liked:
    il_570xN.544831906_sxwj.jpg

Previous Piece I liked:
    http://www.etsy.com/transaction/189944836?ref=shop_review

What I Shared:
    2ziarv5.png

What Else I'd Like To See: I'd love to see something with keys. She does such beautiful work!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Frn0731 wrote:
    Name: Frn0731
    Etsy Item I Liked:

Previous Piece I liked: This item is sold

http://img1.etsystatic.com/026/0/8500220/il_570xN.541525451_4xfa.jpg

What I Shared:
    http://s284.photobucket.com/user/frn0731/media/beautifulbracelet_zps31781d08.jpg.html

I hope i did that right . I don't have any of the other accounts for sharing.

What Else I'd Like To See: Some more of those dangling earings. They are stunning.

Hi! I see that you are definitely a fan of all things green! The bracelet that you picked that had already been sold was my very first sale on Etsy. I love using it in banner pics, business cards, etc!

Thank you for your comment about my earrings!!! :oops:

By the way, I saw your Lucille Ball sim today and I really like her! Good luck on gr1zzly's Famous People contest!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    JediAriel wrote:
    I have a question about your variation on the purple necklace. Would the crystals and pearls be grouped together, then spaced apart in stations (crystal, crystal, pearl, crystal, crystal, SPACE, crystal, crystal, pearl, crystal, crystal, SPACE,… etc) or would they be strung all in a row?

Ooo! Good thought about mentioning if things are hypoallergenic!!! I do not buy anything in nickel because of concern for allergies. I try to list everything I used in each design, too, but perhaps I should put a separate line saying no nickel. When I have some time, I will verify each items ingredients and make a note about the nickel. Thank you!!!
    Hmm... that's a good question! I don't really have a preference to be honest. I think it would look nice either way. :)

You're welcome!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Entry Form
    Name: lovesstorms
    Etsy Item I Liked: The set (sorry, more than one, but they go together so well!

****Pics Respectfully Removed****

Previous Piece I liked:

What I Shared:

What Else I'd Like To See:

It's hard to say as she has SO many beautiful items, but I guess I wouldn't mind seeing some more green and sapphire items. :) Oh, and also, maybe rings? I don't see any, but I'm a big fan of rings. :)

:D So happy you like both the necklace and the earrings! I made the necklace first. Then I was thinking of new earrings to make and was staring at the necklace and realized the pattern could be shortened to make earrings. I'm really happy about they both turned out!

I see MsRed already commented about the previously sold piece. I am so happy I was able to make the set for her sweet daughter!!! :D

Thank you for Retweeting my coupon! I greatly appreciate it!!!

Rings! I do love rings and I know I need to start adding them to the store. Hoping I can work on some soon. :D

Edit: Whoops missed a pic!

One more Edit: I forgot to tell you how much I appreciate the Follow on Twitter! Thank you!!! :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Entry Form:
    Name: chocbubbles

Etsy Item I Liked:
    ***Image Respectfully Removed***

Previous Piece I liked: https://www.etsy.com/au/transaction/183366065?ref=shop_review

What I Shared:
    ***Image Respectfully Removed***

What Else I'd Like To See: More necklaces like the purple heart one and earrings like the blue ones above, so pretty :)

Hi Choc! Thank you for the compliment on the earrings and for Retweeting my sale!

Which purple heart necklace would you like to see more of? The one with the ribbon or the amethyst on a chain?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    anettesb wrote:
    I got an idea... but not sure if I'm the only one who would ever use an item like that.....

and don't know if I can explain it...

any way you know I got long hair?
    some times I use jewelery in my hair when I do updoos... a long line of skin or satin string.... with a few perls in the end...

so maybe some multi functional long stings of satin string... that can both be used as neclas (no claps I hate them in my hair got to close in some other way), braislet or in the hair....

like this
    ***Lovely Image Respectfully Removed***

edit;

this is what I do when fancy… well not this fancy... but the princip
    ***Beautiful Image Respectfully Removed***

I agree with Blythe, very pretty Anette!

I will have to think about this and look around for some materials. I think it would be a nice addition to the shop! I bet it would also be good for wedding day accessories! I will be sure to have both you and Blythe help me in the design process. It would be a fun project to work on together! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I forgot to mention that my website is working again.

I was told by a few people that they couldn't leave a comment because of an error. One of my plug-ins was conflicting with some other ones. I've removed it and everything seems to be fine again!

Thank you to everyone that let me know!!! :D

Also, there is a Testimonial/Review page listed under the Store tab on my website. Between this section and the Sale/sold section on Etsy you will be able to pick a previously made (already sold) piece for #3 on the Contest Form.

Edited to add info for Contest Form: #3.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    lol that's my wrist!!! I have to tell you, that piece gets a lot of usage!!

I think I'm going to need a silver and black one!! :shock:

shopping time!!! aaahhhh

And I would love to help you design the hair piece. I actually have a wedding to go to in August and I've decided I want something like this for my hair. I'm so excited (this is the first time I've actually really thought about that wedding lol)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Entrants section updated. Please let me know if I missed anyone!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Blythelyre wrote:
    lol that's my wrist!!! I have to tell you, that piece gets a lot of usage!!

I think I'm going to need a silver and black one!! :shock:
    What an amusing coincidence! :lol:

I think a silver and black one would look great!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Name: MizoreYukii
    Etsy Item I Liked: Heart-Shaped Sterling Silver Faceted Purple Amethyst Gem Pendant with Silver Chain
    ***Picture Respectfully Removed***

I'm more if a simple gal, so this is perfect! I also love the purple gem!

Previous Piece I liked: Heart-Shaped Sterling Silver Faceted Purple Amethyst Gem Stud Earrings
    *Picture Respectfully Removed***

I liked the necklace, so I was disappointed when I saw that the earrings had already been sold. They would be so cute to wear together!

What I Shared:
    What Else I'd Like To See: I'm not sure since I don't wear much jewelry, but maybe some more simple earrings? Especially some light blue studs! I would love to see those. Your jewelry is very pretty! :mrgreen:

@Msred: That is a gorgeous necklace! I can see why your daughter would love it. :shock:

Blythe, just to let you know I already own the Homecoming set. If I win any of the other categories I'll just find some friends who have them on their wish list. :lol:

Hi MizoreYukii! Thank you for stopping by and entering!

I LOVE amethyst! Purple is one of my favorite colors. After reading your post I went to raid my supplies. I remembered that I had 2 more faceted amethyst hearts, but when I looked at them together, the colors were too different to pair them up into earrings. Sorry!!!

Light blue, as in Swiss Blue Topaz or maybe Aquamarine? I do not have either in stock, but I would love to carry more gemstones in the near future!

Thank you very much for the compliments!!! :oops:

Edited because I keep forgetting to remove quoted pictures. :XD:
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited May 2014
    JediAriel wrote:
    Hi MizoreYukii! Thank you for stopping by and entering!

I LOVE amethyst! Purple is one of my favorite colors. After reading your post I went to raid my supplies. I remembered that I had 2 more faceted amethyst hearts, but when I looked at them together, the colors were too different to pair them up into earrings. Sorry!!!

Light blue, as in Swiss Blue Topaz or maybe Aquamarine? I do not have either in stock, but I would love to carry more gemstones in the near future!

Thank you very much for the compliments!!! :oops:
    I love amethyst as well! :mrgreen: It's alright!

Ohhhhhhh! Swiss Blue Topaz looks amazing! I looked it up and it's so pretty (Not familiar with gems. :XD: )! Yes, those would be great to see. :mrgreen:

You're welcome! You are really good at what you do. You should be proud!
  • Options
    LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,794 Member
    edited May 2014
    It's awesome to read all these suggestions and ideas!
    My favorites so far are the rings and hair pieces (barrettes and headbands).
    I was thinking that I'd love to have a beaded plumb bob keychain. That would be fun. :)

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I'm enjoying reading all the responses, too! I'm working on a new design right now, but will try to check back later tonight to respond to some more posts. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    It's Sunday, where'd my weekend go??

Hello everyone!