Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Famous People: All gifted.

Comments

• Options
    chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    edited May 2014
    Such an exciting contest and wonderful entries :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    gr1zzlygr1zzly Posts: 7,566 Member
    edited May 2014
    Everything is updated to here.
  • Options
    ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    edited May 2014
    Wow! I'm rather nervous as I type this. I chose to have a go at making Emily VanCamp, as I am a big revenge fan. I did a little research on her and added some of that to her likes and traits, not sure if that was needed but I thought, better to be safe than sorry, plus it makes her more like the real Emily. I hope I did this right as it is my first cas contest.

Emily VanCamp's imdb http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0885840/

Entry Form
    username: Shannen
    famous person: Emily VanCamp

Pictures of famous person:339hnno.jpgemily_vancamp_revenge_new_a_p.jpg

link to sim: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8205352

CC or Non CC: Non CC
    Link to pictures or showcase thread:350s5ti.jpg35btixf.jpg2lac9dv.jpg2vn483o.jpg2lx8fx0.jpg

Links to any CAP Patterns used: None used.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    edited May 2014
    Emily looks great Shannen ! :) Very nice simversion of Emily VanCamp! It looks great how you have done her face and her hair! It reflects the real life Emily well. Nice pattern that you have used on her dress. Great traits and LTW that you have given to her.
    She is a very nice sim :)
  • Options
    xpaintitblack7xxpaintitblack7x Posts: 1,688 Member
    edited May 2014
    Ivanna420 wrote:

One of my most favorite actors of all time! This man has some serious talent, not to mention Gorgeous to look at!

robert_downey_jr-1280x960.jpg"Height=600"

OMG I WOULD LOVE A REALISTIC SIM OF HIM HE IS SO MAGNIFICENT
  • Options
    loobylou1985loobylou1985 Posts: 2,125 Member
    edited May 2014
    Shannen, you did you entry perfectly no need to be nervous! I definitely know the Actress to so no worries there :) I love that you also researched to give her some of her own traits :)

Thank you so much for choosing our contest as you first CAS contest :D
  • Options
    Peachy1102Peachy1102 Posts: 728 Member
    edited May 2014
    OMG I love revenge sooo much!!!
  • Options
    GypsyWynd1GypsyWynd1 Posts: 154 Member
    edited May 2014
    I would like to enter. I wasn't sure if we are supposed to state our intentions first and then do our entries and submit with the entry form or what, so I have decided to announce myself first.

Also let me clarify something. Am I correct in understanding that our "Look A Like" can not have been on the Exchange already but when we finished our "Look A Like", we are supposed to upload it to the Exchange? And when we are finished we post our entry information, as well as the 2 reference photos of the real celebrity and the 2 reference photos of the Sim version, here in this thread? And the 7 in game photos need to have a link of their own? Can the in game photos be in a separate thread on this forum, or perhaps on the Blog here, or even on Facebook?

I just wanted to make sure that I have everything straight in my head. :D
  • Options
    ShannenShannen Posts: 2,811 Member
    edited May 2014
    Thankyou Rosemow, I'm rather proud of her, I wanted to get Sim Emily as close to real Emily as I could. I actually loved the dress that the real Emily Vancamp is wearing in the pic and luckily I had seen a similar pattern in the ea's pattern section in cas, so I couldn't resist especially since the dress was similar as well.

loobylou1985, Thankyou for putting my mind at ease, I was a little worried about messing that part up. I did enjoy researching for her traits and likes. I linked her favourite music with the fact that she feels at home when she hears the french language. There also was information of her love for emeralds, which is also the stone of her birth month, so I thought..that green will be perfect for her favourite colour. The one thing that I struggled with was her favourite food and so I referred back to the fact that she is Canadian and then I thought about maple syrup, so I shamelessly gave her pancakes. Ok, now I am rambling.

Peachy1101, me too, I am a huge fan. Emily and Nolan are absolutely my faves of the show..in fact it was between Emily VanCamp and Gabriel Mann for this competition.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    GypsyWynd1 wrote:
    I would like to enter. I wasn't sure if we are supposed to state our intentions first and then do our entries and submit with the entry form or what, so I have decided to announce myself first.

Also let me clarify something. Am I correct in understanding that our "Look A Like" can not have been on the Exchange already but when we finished our "Look A Like", we are supposed to upload it to the Exchange? And when we are finished we post our entry information, as well as the 2 reference photos of the real celebrity and the 2 reference photos of the Sim version, here in this thread? And the 7 in game photos need to have a link of their own? Can the in game photos be in a separate thread on this forum, or perhaps on the Blog here, or even on Facebook?

I just wanted to make sure that I have everything straight in my head. :D

Hi GypsyWynd1,
    thank you for your interest :) And wanting to join in
    Yes please we are asking for new look a likes for this contest and we would like them to be uploaded so that we know they are new sims and that we know it is your work.

Please we would like the reference photo's to be here in this thread, your in game photo's can also be on this thread as well

We just ask if you go over the photo count and want to show off more of your sim that you provide a link to a blog, or a photobucket slide show or even create a new thread. I would prefer not facebook though, but if that is your only option then I will accept it

I hope this helps
  • Options
    GypsyWynd1GypsyWynd1 Posts: 154 Member
    edited May 2014
    Thank you for the info loobylou1985.

Does the celebrity's side view have to be full on? So far I have done Johnny Depp, Cher, a couple of hot Latino Novela/Soap stars and Sarah Palin and something that I am discovering about celebs, is that it is near impossible to find a side view and when you do, it's far away, or has somebody or something else in it, or their face is obstructed by their hand or sun glasses etc. :D

Any how, I am excited to get started. :)
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited May 2014
    this is fun, I'm working on my entry right away. :)
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    DayshatwDayshatw Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm making Audrey Hepburn but quick question can I post the inspiration picture?

I found my answer in the thread.
  • Options
    DayshatwDayshatw Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited May 2014
    Entry Form
    username: dayshatw
    famous person: Audrey Hepburn
    Pictures of famous person: Audrey-Hepburn-002.jpg
    Audrey_Hepburn_Tiffany's_4.jpg
    audreyhepburn1.jpg_gallery_max.jpg
    link to sim: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8212212
    CC or Non CC: Non CC
    Pictures: AH_zps88435c6b.jpg
    Untitled_zpsa395c5ac.jpg
    Links to any CAP Patterns used: None
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited May 2014
    Entry Form
    username:Frn0731
    famous person:Lucille Ball
    Pictures of famous person:
    Lucille-Ball_zpsc577b983.jpg
    lucille_zpse59814ac.jpg
    lucy_zps7944eb8c.jpg
    link to sim: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8207046
    CC or Non CC: no cc
    Link to pictures or showcase thread:
    Screenshot-324_zpsa8cd64f0.jpg
    Screenshot-312_zps742b43b8.jpg
    Screenshot-327_zps7f5d0da5.jpg
    Screenshot-331_zps18ece03b.jpg
    Links to any CAP Patterns used: none
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited May 2014
    Wow! Great Entries

Lucy and Audrey are spot on!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Your Audrey Hepburn sim is very nice Dayshatw ! :) The sim looks as elegant as the real life Audrey does! It looks very nice how you have done her hair and her face. Very nice outfits that she is wearing for the different clotheswear categories. The black of the clothing looks very elegant. The necklace complements the clothing well. The black gloves are a nice part of the outfits. The pink, black and white banners and the roses picture in the photos are very nice background setting backdrops for the photos of Audrey.
    She is a very nice sim :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Very nice simversion of Lucille Ball Frn0731 ! :) You have reflected her in simform very well! The facial expressions on the face of your sim in the photos captures very well the same expression that is on the real like Lucille's face. It looks great how you have done her hair. Very nice shade of blue thar you have used for her dress. The traits that you have given to her suit her.
    She is a nice sim. :)
  • Options
    MJacksonistaMJacksonista Posts: 300 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'M STILL GONNA DO MY ENTRY! Just a lot of schoolwork getting in the way :cry:

Anyways, I'm gonna make Tupac Shakur
  • Options
    KariussaKariussa Posts: 968 Member
    edited May 2014
    Uff..I am realy getting trouble to put pic in here,but I am trying ;-) Not good at this.

Entry Form

Username: Kariussa
    Famous Person: Lucy Liu

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_JJwFKajZuDZgJv3YbTMlDo71Pgsis2Sha8IEWG6Ia__cTPq9

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQQiazG0gND6ujt2NSssfOo2doJNoPElGLONGZ8lGhbnElkIlt

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

screenshot_original.jpg

Link to sim http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8207459

CC or Non CC: No CC.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Your Lucy Lui sim is very nice Kariussab! :) it looks very nice how you have done her hair and face! She is a great simform version of the real life actress! Very nice shade of orange that you have used for her clothing. Her necklace and earrings are nice accessories for the outfit. It is a nice photo of her enjoying sitting on the hanging chair on the porch.
    She is a a very nice sim, :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Wow amazing Entries while I have sleeping :) Thank you so much for entering! Remember you can enter twice if you like.

Also can not wait to see more entries

Thank you all :D
  • Options
    KariussaKariussa Posts: 968 Member
    edited May 2014
    thanks rosemow for the nice comments ;-) And loobylou I have another one I am thinking of enter with too, Robert Downey Jr :P But have made so many of him now that I am confuse to who I upload. The moment I think he have some of the original likness, it "slipp away again" and I start to try "fix" him again,have worked for several days with these sims;-)And when I take pic of him in CAS,he close his eyes!*lol*
  • Options
    Peachy1102Peachy1102 Posts: 728 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm never very good with sim look a likes so.....

username: Peachy1102
    famous person: Natalie portman
    Pictures of famous person:
    2950202-natalie-portman-03_zpse8bd3105.jpg
    sims pics:
    Screenshot-28_zpscea58621.jpg
    Screenshot-24_zpsde480dc6.jpg
    link to sim: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8208242
    CC or Non CC:no cc