Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Play and Share continued

Comments

• Options
    Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,205 Member
    Great updates everyone.
    Im feeling a bit lazy to do single comments this time but loved all the updates.
  • Options
    This thread has been silent,
    not been posting much myself hope everyone have a good week.
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
  • Options
    Zabeth0Zabeth0 Posts: 1,337 Member
    @TadOlson: Oh, nice, good to see you exploring Starlight Shores. :D Well, hey, sometimes it's really helpful to edit the houses to improve their flow. :D (Some of the houses have a really weird layout...I usually want to change things but I inevitably mess up the roof if I do...so it's always a dilemma, probably wouldn't be if I was better at house adjusting. :D) Wow, went from a really rainy day to that bright sun, I'm sure it felt good to get outside and play chess! :D

@Jillbg: I'm reading back chapters of your story, haven't caught up yet, but it's quite interesting, and at some point, I'm sure I'll be current and be able to make comments that make sense. :D I really like witch stories and magical fantasy stuff so it's right up my alley, but I'm kind of embarrassed that I couldn't figure out how to get to the story itself until recently (I really suck at computers!) Anyway, just a 'I am reading your story' comment. :D Tiaga's lovely, and I really like that you incorporated music so we could imagine what she sounds like. :D

@Silverofdreams: Lovely scenery. :D Mmmm sushi. :D

@Venus: Yeah, I've touched mine...recently. :D I've even downloaded patterns from the exchange and considering how bad I am with computers...that was downright crazy daring for me. :D Hey, we all need reviews from time to time. :D Good to see them again. :D
  • Options
    @Zabeth0 he he thank you

I can not use CC atm more than skins, had to delete all my CC cause my game glitched so but here is a sim I made to test
    my clean game with Spencer he is taking a bath.

[img][/img]Screenshot_zpsx0spliwm.jpg
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Sorry for not updating my story. Been tired
  • Options
    MoonandStars83MoonandStars83 Posts: 1,735 Member
    @msbeckycat Sleep is more important than games.
    I voted for you, Kevin.
    640?cb=20100910030718
    My Sims 3 Exhange Studio
    My Blog // Click me if you dare.
  • Options
    JennaSims15JennaSims15 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited October 2015
    This seems like a fun thread to post my first message. I started writing my Sims 3 legacy on WordPress! Obviously I can't post pictures.. But I'm technically ten generations in, as in the tenth generation has been born, and they just aren't the heir's kids.

Question, when can I post pictures? Or a signature?
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    This seems like a fun thread to post my first message. I started writing my Sims 3 legacy on WordPress! Obviously I can't post pictures.. But I'm technically ten generations in, as in the tenth generation has been born, and they just aren't the heir's kids.

Question, when can I post pictures? Or a signature?

Welcome to the thread :mrgreen:

You need 30 posts, 50 points, and I believe an account older than 24 hours.

Points are mainly earned through people giving a reaction to your posts (insightful, like, and awesome like you should see at the bottom of posts). Though you can get badges as well that will give you a few extra points, but those are mostly gotten by being active and a bit of luck. So the best way is to just keep posting and you'll get there. If you want to get there probably relatively fast they have games over in the off topic section that seem to be good for fast posts and maybe some points, also you can introduce yourself over here forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817478/hello-come-and-introduce-yourself, I think it's easy to pick up a few likes and you can get to know other simmers/they can get to know you.
  • Options
    msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Just got Chapter Three of Alana and Blaine's part of the story up
  • Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited October 2015
    Yeah. RL has definitely been kicking my rear end something awful. I still look at the posts here, I don't comment very often, but soon! Soon I hope with the ending of school that I will be able to get back to posting. I have gotten to play a little sims.

@JennaSims15 What story is yours on wordpress. I like to read wordpress stories.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 -Thanks for your comment.Great picture!
    @MoonandStars83 -I've been playing challenges myself though mine are the town legacy challenge.
    @Zabeth0 -I had to stick to building while playing Mod-free and was glad to get back to my legacies again.I don't always extend the house to fix the layout.I moved two rooms in one house so the bathroom was where the kitchen used to be and the kitchen went in the bathroom's old location.It allowed there to be a back door.
    I've got an update coming up and had to reupload over 600 pictures for one of my games after the album glitched out and lost some pictures.I'll be getting a clean folder though it's still going to have all of my Mods and CC and other installed content.The only things to be removed are saves and screenshots and it's just a clean version for my other user account on this computer.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Deery Meadows,Maine-Spring-1621.
    Eli and Ami Jankowsky were both up and ready for the day quickly that morning.
    22203536522_cc69e02b05.jpg
    They both ended up painting after chores and spent some time at it.
    21595300673_6835b94524.jpg
    They stopped at noon to start getting ready for work and spent some time studying skills on the ipads until it was time to leave because they got ready early.
    22029458599_b813af6c7c.jpg
    22029468049_e30a05a220.jpg
    22028593748_ae685ec0ed.jpg
    They got home from work at 7:30 and had time for a pillow fight and to get another wall up on their house.
    22216371705_b32a6aa3d5.jpg
    22226742511_5141b8782f.jpg
    They were getting into bed by 8:30 that evening.
    22028648328_ba54d78462.jpg
  • Options
    ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    Nice updates everyone. I'll be posting soon, since school is very very busy for me! D: I hope I can post in the weekend!
  • Options
    @JennaSims15 Welcome to the thread

@TadOlson Great upate

@Minx Yeah my university courses is really busy atm, real life can be a pain.
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Zabeth0 wrote: »
    @Jillbg: I'm reading back chapters of your story, haven't caught up yet, but it's quite interesting, and at some point, I'm sure I'll be current and be able to make comments that make sense. :D I really like witch stories and magical fantasy stuff so it's right up my alley, but I'm kind of embarrassed that I couldn't figure out how to get to the story itself until recently (I really suck at computers!) Anyway, just a 'I am reading your story' comment. :D Tiaga's lovely, and I really like that you incorporated music so we could imagine what she sounds like. :D

Thanks for your nice feedback, @Zabeth0 :) I'm glad you figured out how to handle my blog - I've organized it like a book, so you open a new page with each "chapter" (they're not added as comments on the first page...) :)

@Silverofdreams30 I'm sorry your game glitched - the more you use cc the more you can't live without it... >:) Spencer looks good, hehe! :p

@TadOlson Great update! :)

NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    @jillbg Yeah so its sad when some cc messes up,
    just testing out now with just hairs and skins so far so good. He he yeah he turned out quite good with only a cc skin.

Here is a few other screens from my testing around

[img][/img]Screenshot-8_zpseqsgqov1.jpg

Another male sim Chris tending the garden.

[img][/img]Screenshot-5_zpsn0ycsqxq.jpg

Scenery after putting back my ligtning mod in

[img][/img]Screenshot-7_zpsmbwkknec.jpg

sleeping horses ( not mine they just were there)

[img][/img]Screenshot-6_zpstwxn4nxp.jpg

Another sleeping horse close to the other 2

[img][/img]Screenshot-4_zpsd8ahtmhd.jpg

More scenery

• Options
    @Silverofdreams30 Beautiful scenery! Isn't that Moonlight Falls, or am I wrong?

Screenshot_zpsaqur1ims.jpg

Here's a picture of the whole family eating. They're all enjoying waffles, while Sunny talks about a book she read recently. She really enjoyed the way the author described the scenes in the book.

Screenshot-2_zpsozjzj64f.jpg

While Sunny tries to audition for a gig, Marcus and Darlene play a little game. I don't know who won, though.

Screenshot-4_zpsknuk8mfg.jpg

Sunny improved her acrobatic skills so much that she now got a ball to walk on and to do all kinds of tricks with.

Screenshot-3_zpszuo7vjgu.jpg

Here, Darlene is off to school. She didn't look forward to it, according to her face.

Screenshot-5_zpswxf6aqja.jpg

While Darlene was at school, the two parents go to the Spring Festival. They try out the Love Tester and score the maximum amount of points!
  • Options
    @Butterfreeguy -THanks for your comment.Great update!
    @Silverofdreams30 -Thanks for the comment.Great pictures!
    @jillbg -Thanks for the comment.
    Here's a small lot edit update from Evermore Falls,Maine.
    I found a flaw in the junkyard where the fence blocked salvage of some items and removed the fence.
    22412660702_0fb5d966e2_c.jpg
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    I'm too tired for comments, I'll try tomorrow, but I have an update on the Ellison Legacy. Yaaayyy, finally! LOL. I was stuck. Also I just couldn't be bothered for a while. Haven't simmed tons lately, mostly when I have it's been setting up for another story. I was going to try launching this story for Halloween because it seems like a good match, but I don't think it's going to happen. I've been making poses and stuff though for that... I keep wondering what is wrong with me to do this to myself lol. I need to focus on my legacies now though, since I want updates ready before November that I can post during November while I'm doing NaNoWriMo. Just makes life easier to get it ready before so I don't have to fit it in during or leave everything without updates for a month (that one might bother me less if I was posting more lately, but I'm just behind where I want to be and don't want to get further behind). Anyway, on with the show this is it...

Evie wondered if her stage fright would ever go away, but looking out into the crowd at the Hoi Polloi Event Cent​r​e it was impossible not to be nervous. The venue dwa​​r​fed any other she'd pe​r​fo​​r​med at and the seats seemed to be nea​​r​ly full. It was crazy to think that so many people had shown up to watch her, she wasn't that good, was she? At least her family was in the audience, she couldn't see all of them amongst the crowd but just knowing they were there helped. She tried to pretend that it was only her family there as she pulled out her guitar.
    5932094_orig.jpg

It worked long enough that she got lost in the music and didn't matter anymore. People in the crowd danced and sang along. Evie even thought she saw some cameras go off but it was hard to tell for sure under all the flashy lights of the venue. And way too soon it was over, she'd had such a great time performing there, and judging by the cheering and applause everybody enjoyed watching.
    5739363_orig.jpg

It almost seemed weird when she went back to selling albums herself around town the next day.
    2478761_orig.jpg

And performing her weekly gigs and the Karaoke bar. Not that she didn't enjoy them, or though she was above them suddenly, she just missed the thrill of the big venue already. She could definitely get used to performing there and based on the reviews after the concert it didn't seem crazy to think that she'd get to do it again.
    2555710_orig.jpg

But she'd have to wait until after the summer as the venue was booked solid, though they'd called her to book her for a concert when the schedule opened up in the fall. So Evie just stuck to her gig at the Karaoke bar and picked up a couple at the club. She stopped selling CD's herself around town after a few as they were selling enough in stores.

So she spent time hanging out with her friends and siblings. Nolan had started learning piano, Evie had been helping him but he seemed to be picking up on it faster than she was and would likely soon be the one teaching her. She enjoyed listening either way and some times sang along to whatever he was playing. Some day maybe they could perform on stage together.
    9494566_orig.jpg

Though it was mostly her siblings she hung out with. Julianne had started acting weird, always looking to argue over something and even throwing around insults for no reason. Evie didn't really know why, though during a fight one day she'd accused Julianne of being jealous and did wonder if it was actually true.
    9132274_orig.jpg

They'd imagined for a long time that they'd sing together and be famous together. Evie had tried to assure Julianne few times that she wasn't forgetting about that and it could happen someday but she didn't want to sit around waiting and miss the chance to be a singer at all, but it seemed she hadn't believed her. They hadn't really spoken since then, just a "hey" in passing sometimes as she was still going out with Mae.
    It made summer a bit difficult, it really hurt to be fighting with Julianne and to feel like they wouldn't be able to salvage their friendship. Evie still hoped they could, if she just gave Julianne her space to calm down from whatever was bugging her. But by the time school started again Julianne was still being difficult, Evie had tried a couple times to talk to her again but she didn't seem interested. But with the start of the school year Evie had found a new friend, some guy named Jules MacDuff. He replaced Julianne basically, if anybody could do that. He hung out with Evie before her gigs whenever she had one and they often studied together.
    8805150_orig.jpg

He wasn't the most attractive guy in school and people found him a bit weird but Evie enjoyed his company and developed a bit of crush on him. However, as she discovered when he told her after a couple months of hanging out, Jules had a crush on her brother. Of course, she finally found somebody she liked and he liked somebody else, she may have had a lot of luck in her music but she didn't seem to have any in love.
  • Options
    @Butterfreeguy Thank you great update they seemed to have fun at the festival.
    Yes it is Moonlight Falls.

@TadOlson Nice photo

@dreamerz13 Great update seem to go on the right way for Evie. Goodl uck with your nanowrimo.
  • Options
    @Dreamerz13 Nice update about Evie!

Here's a slight update before I continue simming today. So expect a bigger update later.

Darlene aged up from a child to a teenager, that's practically all I had to update you guys about.

Screenshot_zpslculioyu.jpg

Screenshot-2_zps7ru8trnl.jpg

Screenshot-3_zpss2luptyv.jpg

She developed the 'hotheaded' trait, which means she got three traits from her father (athletic, hot-headed and daredevil) and one of her own (loves the heat). Looks-wise she looks like her mother, so she has something from each parent.

Also, something is messing up when I try to have Sunny perform on a stage, so I might have to move them to another town to solve the problem. I already know how to make it fit in the story.
  • Options
    Here is a few more screens fro mme testing around.

[img][/img]Screenshot-10_zps6ednught.jpg

One of my sims with her newborn baby Corinne

[img][/img]Screenshot-12_zpsqlibthyj.jpg

My Sims husband with Corinne

[img][/img]Screenshot-13_zpsxsququwj.jpg[/img

Corinne sleeping

[img][/img]Screenshot-11_zpsr1kcgufg.jpg

chris and Corinne.

• Options
    venusdemilosimsvenusdemilosims Posts: 1,918 Member
    Hello everyone, I've been very busy lately... haven't played Sims in a month, been working 6 days a week and got a lot going on in real life. And now I've just gotten word that my half-brother has passed away.
    jpnbanner2_zpscb7d2475.jpg header_zps436f0053.jpg

• Options
    @venusdemilosims Oh my... I'm sorry to hear about your half-brother.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top