Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Myst Building & Trust: A Fashion Frenzy (CLOSED)

Myst Building & Trust: A Fashion Frenzy (Design A Dress Contest)

*As Liz*

Hello All! I am so glad you could stop by today, while I talk to you all about my latest problem! I know I know it seems like I always have a problem but since I have taken over my grandfather's company it seems to be one thing after another.

So what is it this time you all ask, well.... It's kind of embarrassing but I was invited to the flash formal mask ball in honor of ...well me! The guy hosting it, some rich guy named Jared says its to honor me taken over my grandfather company. Now I have never had anyone want to honor me in ... well anything! So this is all new to me, I was told this is black tie formal ...whatever in the world that means? I don't even ties that's a man thing!

So anyway I am in a pickle here and I was not sure what to do so I went to Skye, the women who helps me run my grandfathers company ... while I may be own it she is the brains behind it. Anyway, I went to her seeking advice on what to wear and how to look so she called Gaston in he is her hair stylist! He's a charming fellow though a bit off his rocker ....but hey who isn't these days!

Anyway, while I was getting my hair colored and trimmed he told me I should put an ad in the local paper for fashion designs to design me a wonderful dress for this shindig. Now I was a little skeptical at paying someone to make me an outfit but as Skye pointed out I can afford and well .... I could really use the help!

So .... if you are reading this and think you can help me with this by making me a fabulous costume for the ball I would greatly appreciate below is a few things to note in regards to what to do ..... I can't wait to see what I will be wearing!

NOTES FROM SKY!

I hope you guys like this I know many of you enjoy fashion contest. I decided however that this is going to be a very quick contest - I am only going to make it a week long and to keep this simple for myself and anyone who may be willing to judge each person can only enter two outfits! That's right folks only two! So pick your best ones!

DEADLINE – March 26th, 2014

Comments

• Options
    SkymystSkymyst Posts: 3,888 Member
    edited March 2014
    The Story Behind The Contest

No idea what I am talking about? Check out these past contest to learn who Liz and Skye Are.

1st One In The Series

Build A Business Contest ~

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/731060.page#11620916

Second In The Series

This is a CAS Contest to Create The Cast Of My Characters In My Story ~

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/734970.page

Third Is This Fashion Contest

What will the Forth One Be?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    RULES AND GUIDELINES

1. No third party custom content is allowed; with one exception custom patterns are allowed.

2. All expansion packs/stuff packs/store items/T-Mobile Items/Dr. Pepper Items Are Allowed.

3. This needs to be a new Outfit that you created just for this contest.

4. Please use the entry forms posted above when entering - you will lose points if this is not done. I know it seems like I am trying to be picky but I am not entries forms making things so much easier for me when judging as well as for the person keeping track of the entries.

Entry Form

User Name:
    Outfit Name:
    Download Link(s): Please Add Links To Each Piece You Are Adding In Your Entry
    ***Extra: (If You are trying to get bonus points by adding in accessories or a story for your entries please add it here. Can be as short or long as you would like; but this often makes a difference in judges scores)
    Pictures: (5 Screenshot - Please Make 1 of Them A Headshot: Other 4 Can Be Anything: If you have more than five pictures please put them in another thread or blog. Remember for action shot judges often like in game screenshots)
    ***Sim Link: If you want to put in a plug (advertise) the Sim you used as your model feel free to link here. Make sure to let people know if there is Custom Content in your Sim.

*** = Not Required.

5. The Sim you enter must be your own creation.

6. Please do not use your outfits in any other contest till this one ends, I want to feel special like it was all done for me. ;) Afterwards the Sim is of course yours to do with as you please.

7. You may enter as many times as you would like but you can only win once. I will use your highest scoring dress when doing ranking.

8. You may edit your posts as many times as you would like till you are happy with your entry. Just let me know it is done by posting something like "Official Entry".

9. Dress needs to be for a Female Young Adult/Adult Sim.

10. It needs to be festive! While it is not required to be the typical colors associated with spring or even a dress it does need to be appropriate for the masked ball formal theme. But, I want you to use Spring Fling as your jumping board for this contest.

PRIZES

Prizes are awarded in the form of gifts from your wishlist. You can gift away your points to a friend or spend them on yourself or do a bit of both it is entirely up to you.

1st Place - 400 Sim Points
    2nd Place - 300 Sim Points
    3rd Place - 200 Sim Points
    Honorable Mention - 100 Sim Points

Current Prize Pool:

Skymyst = 1000 Sim Points

Total Prize Pool = 1000 Sim Points

JUDGING CRITERIA & LIST OF JUDGES

Judges

1. Skymyst

JUDGES AND SPONSORS ARE WELCOME AND HIGHLY APPRECIATED BUT NOT REQUIRED!

0 - 10 All Requirements Met/Entry Form
    0 – 40 Outfit (This is the main slice of points. Is the Style Nice? Fit In Theme?)
    0 - 10 WOW Factor - Judges Personal Opinions here
    0 – 20 Screenshots /Presentation – Yes, this matters since I will not be able to fully test play every outfit in game – part of the judging will be done based on screenshots and overall entry presentation.
    0 - 20 Extras: These Are Bonus Points - Not Required But Will Help The Overall score. Like Accessories (Does the outfit have shoes? Jewelry? Host? Or Other Goodies) Is There A Back Story (For this you can use some of the information I have given in the story, anything that is not written in - you get to come up with. Feel free to be creative here.

Total Possible Points = 100
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    UPDATES

Same thing as normal anything new or important will be added here though-out the contest for easier access.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Few Things To Note

~ I will be running this theme for a contest at least, for example I have done a CAS = Create The Cast Contest which you can find here ----> http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/734970.page

Here is the first in what will be a series of build contest here ----> http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/731060.page#11620916

And now this one with my next build contest right around the corner.

~ I will try to give proper time for each challenge based on the level difficulty in my opinion (since we all know what is hard for some people is simple for others.

~ Each entry for these contest must be new and recently created by you, I know this goes without saying but please do not bash other peoples work or upload things you did not make.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)

Having hosting many contest I often know some of the most commonly asked asked questions in my contest. So I have complied a Questions and Answers list below - please look to see if one of these answer your question if not please post your questions in this thread and I will get back to you as soon as possible. [/size]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Q: The number of entries you allow always changes, How many times can I enter this contest?

A: You can each enter two outfits (they can be complete meaning Outfit, Shoes, Accessories or Just The Main Pieces - You will be judged on whatever you submit "as the outfit" so feel free to add in the extras to submit a complete look.)

Q: Since the judging is based mostly off screenshots and I am having trouble getting my entry to upload to the site do I have to post a download link?

A: Yes. An entry is not considered complete unless it has a download link. While I prefer items to be downloaded to the exchange if you cannot get it to upload you can use "Mediafire" or other hosting site.

Q: Do I have to role-play as a Sim, I am not into that stuff I just like to create Sims![/b]

A: Not In This Contest but Feel Free To Do So. It can always help your "Presentation score since people love a story!

Q: Do you have Sims in the characters done that I can use for my models?[/b]

A: Just so happens my last contest was on creating the cast the winners ....

Liz Andersin - Main Character; Young Adult;
    LoobyLou1985 Won Find Her Version Here ....http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7992302

Skye Myst - CEO and Founder of Myst's Building & Trust; Young Adult;
    Illusie won 1st for her Version Which Is Here .... http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7999915

And, if you want to use one of the others made feel free to jump over here and see the other entries .....

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/90/734970.page#11751946
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    ENTRIES

As always if anyone is interesting in helping at with this please let me know.

:D - Finish Entry YEAH!
    :mrgreen: - Custard Clean (No Custom Content Found)
    :oops: - Found Custom Contest
    :!: - Entry Not Complete (Still Waiting on Something like Link ect.)

Number - Name - (Extra number for other entries) - Link to Entry Post - Link to Download

~Please note~

We All Know By Now I Am Horrible At This Part So Anyone Who is Willing To Do This Job For Me Will Get A Few Goodies (nothing crazy like big sets or worlds) at the end as a thank you for taken the time to keep this up for me. I do need someone who can do both the list and checking for Custard. Thanks!

I can not accept an entry until it cleans Custard, you can edit your entry as many times as you need to get an entry fixed from now until I official close down this contest. Anything that has not been Custard cleared upon closing this contest will sadly be disqualified and not judged. If you need help getting your entry to clear custard please ask, if I can not help you perhaps someone else who checks this thread can. Please do not just give up if your entry does not pass Custard the first time, often it is a simple fix. I am adding in a few sites to help get you started as as well......

Great Article at Mod The Sims on Removing Custom Contest

Great Article at Sims Wiki on Removing Custom Contest
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    We Have Winners

Prizes are awarded in the form of gifts from your wishlist. You can gift away your points to a friend or spend them on yourself or do a bit of both it is entirely up to you.

1st Place - 400 Sim Points - AudreyFld - Perfectly Pink - GIFTED
    2nd Place - 300 Sim Points - Illusie - Blue Formal Spring Dress - GIFTED
    3rd Place - 200 Sim Points - BlackZanie - Sweet Flames - GIFTED
    Honorable Mention - 100 Sim Points - Kleinemuff - Egyptian Spring - GIFTED

Also, as a thank you for entering and a sorry for the delay the following people also get 75 Sim Points EACH to spend on a little something. That should give everyone who entered a little something, if I missed someone please let me know!

Erja888 - GIFTED
    Ladydarkmoon24 -GIFTED
    Aviamoldavia - GIFTED
    Peachy1102 - GIFTED
    MizoreYukii - GIFTED
    Ashleykaymay - GIFTED

Current Prize Pool:

Skymyst = 1450 Sim Points

Total Prize Pool = 1000 Sim Points

IMPORTANT DATES

Contest Starts: March 19th, 2014

Deadline: March 26th, 2014 (My Husband's Birthday - Midnight EST)
    (Please Note ~ It is midnight on the 26th not the 25th and I often do not close it down till later the next day. You can post/making changes till you see the "Official Closed" Post.)

Judging Will Take Place: Between April 2nd - 9th, 2014 (May be earlier depending on the number of entries. Will keep everyone posted!)

Winners Should Be Posted: April 10th, 2014 (I will try hard to do this sooner but I am normal slow, as many known, on judging so it normally takes a week. On a plus side that should mean there might be a new set out just after judging!)

• Options
    edited March 2014
    This contest is NOW OPEN!

Post your opinions, feedback and of course your entries!
  • Options
    CSIMSIECSIMSIE Posts: 2,779 Member
    edited March 2014
    Interestiiiing...

I won't have time for this contest, sadly, but i do really like the sound of it!
  • Options
    Mazzy_elfMazzy_elf Posts: 55 Member
    edited March 2014
    Black tie just means it's a really fancy pants do, I've never been to one, I'm really shy so if I were in your shoes I would be a pile of dust right now XD
    As for you though just wear something that makes you feel happy and confident, even if it's not 100% fancy pants... and if anyone turns their nose up at you for it, it's your party you should be able dress how you want :3

I may enter your contest but I'm fairly new and don't know how to do stuff yet XD
  • Options
    ErnesaTErnesaT Posts: 7,474 Member
    edited March 2014
    Hi Sky!!!! I'll help you judge, if I can do it through pics.

Edit: If it's a black tie masked ball, you may want the contestants to include the matching mask.
    yY5vKua.png[img][/img]
  • Options
    ForeverFranconiaForeverFranconia Posts: 2,154 Member
    edited March 2014
    Uhhhh...should I enter another one of these? The last one ended in heartbreak for me...I just really love this theme and want some part in it.
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited March 2014
    User Name: Erja888
    Outfit Name: Pretty in Pink
    Download Link(s): Pretty in Pink - Dress
    Pretty in Pink - Fingernails
    Pretty in Pink - Bracelet
    Pretty in Pink - Shoes
    * Necklace can't be uploaded.
    ***Extra:
    As the ball you will be attending is held to honor you. YOU should stand out. With the Pretty in Pink dress and matching accessories you will be the lady of the night. This high-slit dress shows your business partners that you are confident. A big bracelet with pink and white diamonds shows off your (financial) independence to the other invitees. Liz, you are very young for the position you are in. By designing this outfit I tried to incorporate your young age (with the color pink) and combined it with powerful accessories. The pictures show the same model with different haircuts and colors to let you see how versatile this look is.
    Pictures:
    4bbnbh7g.jpg"width=625"

w2mk9tsu.jpg"width=625"

zwvul2b2.jpg"width=625"

4ad4c5p8.jpg"width=625"

w2mmycfd.jpg"width=625"
    ***Sim Link: If you want to put in a plug (advertise) the Sim you used as your model feel free to link here. Make sure to let people know if there is Custom Content in your Sim.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    ladydarkmoon24ladydarkmoon24 Posts: 1,252 Member
    edited March 2014
    Entry Form

User Name: ladydarkmoon24
    Outfit Name: Evening Out
    Download Link(s):
    Evening Out Skirt
    Evening Out Topper

***Extra:
    Evening Out Hair Do
    Evening Necklace
    Evening OUt Shoes
    Evening Out Bracelet
    Evening Out Ring
    Evening Out Earrings
    Evening OUt Nails
    Evening Out Tights

I want to introduce my model Destiny Dreamer. She recently lost her wife and joined my crew to model outfits. Today she is wearing my newest creation Evening Out. It consist of a purple top and a purple skirt. The top consist of a purple jacket and a pink shirt. The skirt when you are trawled will lift up in three area and make you look like a purple flower.
    It also contains a necklace, earrings, tights, shoes, and a bracelet. There is even a set of tights that tie into the outfit and bring out the shirts color. Do not forget the petel chopsticks and the pink nail polish.

Pictures:
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

*** = Not Required.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,607 Member
    edited March 2014
    Evening Out is a very nice outfit ladydarkmoon24 :) very nice shades of purple and pink that you have used for the clothing. Your sims hairstyle with the blossoms in her hair looks nice. The accessories to the clothing items complement the outfit very well . Her shoes look nice.
  • Options
    ladydarkmoon24ladydarkmoon24 Posts: 1,252 Member
    edited March 2014
    rosemow wrote:
    Evening Out is a very nice outfit ladydarkmoon24 :) very nice shades of purple and pink that you have used for the clothing. Your sims hairstyle with the blossoms in her hair looks nice. The accessories to the clothing items complement the outfit very well . Her shoes look nice.

Thank you. :)
  • Options
    aviamoldaviaaviamoldavia Posts: 143 Member
    edited March 2014
    User Name: aviamoldavia
    Outfit Name: Spring Flower
    Download Link(s):
    Spring Flower Ball Gown
    Spring Flower Collar
    Spring Flower Heels
    Extra: My name is Avia, and I'm happy to present my dress designs to you, Skye. I hope Liz finds one of them suitable for the party. This outfit is a fun and flirty design in the spirit of Spring. The airy, revealing dress features a cute and colorful butterfly adorning a field of delicate flowers. Its flowing skirt and unique form are sure to attract attention at the dance. Match it with a pair of strappy heels and a classy but brightly-colored collar. The outfit goes best with short hair or an up-do with framing bangs.
    Pictures:
    FfG23tg.png
    ZYzKDIa.png
    B8t6dxg.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    User Name: aviamoldavia
    Outfit Name: Formal in Pink
    Download Link(s):
    Formal in Pink Dress
    Fprmal in Pink Earrings
    Formal in Pink Bangles
    Formal in Pink Heels
    Necklace from Showtime
    Extra: Hey, Skye! It's Avia again with another outfit for Liz. This time, it's a more formal option in case she wants to appear professional in her new role as company owner. The floor-length dress is classy enough to wear to a wedding, but the subtle pink shade makes it cute and light. A swirling filigree pattern adds eye-catching accents. Don't forget the high heels. They might not be visible, but they'll give Liz's stride a delicate sense of balance. Since she can afford it, the white and pink earrings and sparkling necklace are both made from real diamonds. She'll definitely impress anyone who thinks she doesn't belong at the top.
    Pictures:
    LEKVxkN.png
    73KJZIi.png
    KeNm6Zt.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Your Spring themed outfit looks very nice aviamoldavia :) The floral pattern and the butterfly looks pretty together. The type of hairstyle suits the outfit. The collar complements the outfit. Very nice photo with the springtime background of the colourful flowers.
    Nice Springtime outfit :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I was posting when you posted your second entry aviamoldavia :) Very nice formal outfit that your sim is wearing, The shade of pink that you have used is very nice. Nice soft pattern that you have used for the dress. The diamond necklace suits the dress well and adds to the elegance of the outfit.
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited March 2014
    Such a fun contest! I'll certainly join :D I love recouloring outfits!

I see ther already are some entries, you sure are fast :D

aviamoldavia, both your outfits are stunning and really fit the spring theme.

ladydarkmoon24, I really like the bright colours in your entry!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Sky, would you like me to keep track of the entries for you?

ENTRIES

:D - Finish Entry YEAH!
    :mrgreen: - Custard Clean (No Custom Content Found)
    :oops: - Found Custom Contest
    :!: - Entry Not Complete (Still Waiting on Something like Link ect.)

1. Erja888
    Entry #1 - Entry Post - Dress, nails, Bracelet, Shoes :D:mrgreen:
    Entry #2 - Entry Post - Dress, Nails, Shoes :D:mrgreen:

2. ladydarkmoon24
    Entry #1 - Entry Post - Skirt, Topper, Hairdo, Necklace, Shoes, Bracelet, Ring, Earrings, Nails, Tights :D:mrgreen:

3. aviamoldavia
    Entry #1 - Entry Post - Dress, Collar, Shoes :D:mrgreen:
    Entry #2 - Entry Post - Dress, Earrings, Bracelet, Shoes :D:mrgreen:

4. illusie
    Entry #1 - Entry Post - Dress, Gloves, Hairdo, Mask, Earrings, Shoes :D:mrgreen:
    Entry #2 - Entry Post - Top, Skirt, Shoes, Gloves, Mask :D:mrgreen:

5. KleineMuff
    Entry #1 - Entry Post - Dress, Shoes, Earrings, Bracelet :D:mrgreen:

6. AudreyFld
    Entry #1 - Entry Post - dress :D:mrgreen:

7. Peachy1102
    Entry #1 - Entry Post - Dress, Ring, Shoes :D:mrgreen:

8. BlackZanie
    Entry #1 - Entry Post - Dress, Gloves, Shoes :D:mrgreen:

9. MizoreYukii
    Entry #1 - Entry Post - Dress, Earrings, Necklace, Gloves, Shoes :D:mrgreen:
    Entry #2 - Entry Post - Dress, Hair, Earrings, Shoes, Bracelet, Ring :D:mrgreen:

10. Ashleykaymay
    Entry #1 - Entry Post - Dress, Earrings, Mask :D:mrgreen:

Entry #1 - [url=]Entry Post[/url] -

~Please note~

I can not accept an entry until it cleans Custard, you can edit your entry as many times as you need to get an entry fixed from now until I official close down this contest. Anything that has not been Custard cleared upon closing this contest will sadly be disqualified and not judged. If you need help getting your entry to clear custard please ask, if I can not help you perhaps someone else who checks this thread can. Please do not just give up if your entry does not pass Custard the first time, often it is a simple fix. I am adding in a few sites to help get you started as as well......

Great Article at Mod The Sims on Removing Custom Contest

Great Article at Sims Wiki on Removing Custom Contest
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    thank you, rose and illusie!
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited March 2014
    User Name: Erja888
    Outfit Name: Let Spring Begin
    Download Link(s):
    Spring Dress
    Spring Shoes
    Spring Fingernails
    * Necklace can't be uploaded.
    ***Extra: This dress is simply eye-catching with its soft flow from yellow to green. The color choice is just right for spring. The silk scarf that is integrated in the dress gives you something mystical as parts of the dress are not fully shown. I encourage you to wear just one accessory to compliment the outfit. As for make-up I recommend nothing but matching two-colored eye-shadow and nail polish.
    Pictures:
    gt9oowrg.jpg"width=625"

ia3eu3ii.jpg"width=625"

ni3fpko4.jpg"width=625"

icao6hrx.jpg"width=625"

a632jzhb.jpg"width=625"

I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    Peachy1102Peachy1102 Posts: 728 Member
    edited March 2014
    I'll see what I can come up with!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I was working on a dress for you, but then my game froze before I had saved anything. Grrrr. I hope I can recreate the dress. I´ll try again tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I am sorry that your game froze on you Illusie. It is not good when that happens and you lose what you have been working on. I hope that your second version of the dress goes well :)