Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roaring Heights Creation Sharing Thread (Updated 1/7/14)

Comments

• Options
    JEREMYSIMS01JEREMYSIMS01 Posts: 727 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm working on a dress shop and no matter what I tried I just cannot get the curved walls or windows to attach to an angled corner wall. I see others have done it. It just says "must be attached to a wall"...what am I doing wrong?

Check to see if your angled corner wall is the same length as the curved wall/window piece. I was also getting the "must be attached to a wall" message and I discovered my angled corner was too short. Once they are the same length, you should be able to rotate the curved wall/window piece to the same angle as the wall and it should attach.
    Sims4SIG_zps6253f8f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    @Polysporin
    @Cendres13

Successfully loaded the Classically Cool Car Showroom to Exchange(CC Free):
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7862372

Car1_zps20e021e8.jpg

@bklienhart - It turned out my problem related to store content in my DCCache folder - for some reason the launcher was having a problem with one or more files. I read that others were able to fix the "failed to share" problem by renaming the lot as you suggested. I will keep that in mind also if I ever have the same problem again. Thanks for the tip.

Congratulations on this lot getting featured! It's very creative. I'm going to add the Savvy Seller parking space for the car in the showroom part in hopes that sims can then buy it. :-)

Oh! Edit to add that I love all the creations being shared in this thread and have downloaded and installed many of them for my RH game. Thank you for sharing them!

Thank you :P I don't have the savvy seller content yet, but I want to get it and sell cars as a family business. There is a huge profit margin - I think the value assigned to a completed fixer-upper car is 39,000 simoleons. I've had some townies that come and work on the cars in the garage just for fun. :lol:
    Sims4SIG_zps6253f8f2.jpg
  • Options
    wrightrnwrightrn Posts: 284 Member
    edited December 2013
    These builds are fantastic :thumbup: I'm not much of a builder, so I really appreciate that others are willing to share with the rest of us. So far I had added:

@polysporin's Cut 54 Salon and Clover Club.
    &
    @Dragon1234561's Roaring Sirens Firehouse and Golden Club

These 4 venues alone have made Roaring Heights even more special. I'm now off to add a few builds. Thanks everyone for sharing :D
  • Options
    kiwianagirlnzkiwianagirlnz Posts: 19 Member
    edited December 2013
    Thank you everyone for sharing your lots.
  • Options
    PolysporinPolysporin Posts: 945 Member
    edited December 2013
    vonHentzau
    So glad you found them. I would of looked in light as well, they look like lights. :)

shainakikyou
    you did an amazing job on the fire hall.

JEREMYSIMS01
    So glad you got it uploaded and Congratulations on it being featured. :)

pinkoranges
    Great households.

LondonSimStar
    pretty sims

KarilynMonroe2
    Nice work on the boardwalk
    To get the curved windows to place, the wall has to be diagonal at least 4 squares, if I remember right.

Sincerbox
    Great idea with the ball court added to the gym

wrightrn
    Thank you so kind of you to say, Hope you enjoy them. :)

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Thank you, Polysporin. Congratulations are also in order for your featured Ziegfield Starter. This is a perfect starter house for Roaring Heights.

Polysporin wrote:
    Sims4SIG_zps6253f8f2.jpg
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited December 2013
    Beautiful, creative, and tempting builds, everyone! I know a lot of hard work went into these, so thank you very much for sharing them. I especially love Polysporin's Cut 54 Salon. Rec's to all! :D
  • Options
    Zoey95Zoey95 Posts: 1,549 Member
    edited December 2013
    So many beautiful shinies to download and rec'd! I am a happy simmer :mrgreen:

I have created a sim (no CC) to play in Roaring Heights, Chanelle Porter. Download Link
    More screenshots

A_zps94831eb6.jpg

And a new lot (no CC) to grab a quick and tasty meal, Roaring Heights Automat. Download Link
    More info & screenshots

Cover_zpscf7a84f5.jpg"width=450"

d01_zpseb70dd45.jpg"width=450"

d06_zpsd198b2b6.jpg"width=450"
  • Options
    pinkorangespinkoranges Posts: 70 Member
    edited December 2013
    the Automat is real cool

Tuzon
    cc free siblings
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7865104
    original.jpg
  • Options
    ladyolacladyolac Posts: 80 New Member
    edited December 2013
    To Sincerbox; yes thanks those are the doors I was looking for! The ones in the regency Arcade! Thanks again!
  • Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm working on a dress shop and no matter what I tried I just cannot get the curved walls or windows to attach to an angled corner wall. I see others have done it. It just says "must be attached to a wall"...what am I doing wrong?

Check to see if your angled corner wall is the same length as the curved wall/window piece. I was also getting the "must be attached to a wall" message and I discovered my angled corner was too short. Once they are the same length, you should be able to rotate the curved wall/window piece to the same angle as the wall and it should attach.

thanks, it certainly appeared to be the same. I sometimes have trouble placing things at an angle. I checked out one of the premade homes and the corner was attached using moo. I don't know why i didn't think of that!
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi!

I have my first roller coaster ready to share with you! It took me many, many hours to complete, but I hope you'll think it was worth it! It's a large roller coaster built on a 64x64 lot. It's called the Golden Age Roller Coaster. No custom content, no create-a-pattern. Verified with Custard. Please recommend. Thank you!

Download: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7865403

Golden_Age_Roller_Coaster_cover2_zps8ae91532.png

Additional images:

Screenshot-87a_zps36405701.jpg

Screenshot-74a_zps5277c437.jpg

Screenshot-89a_zps99966c7c.jpg

Screenshot-88a_zps51018ce3.jpg

Screenshot-83a_zps59122a4a.jpg

Best Regards,
    Nik

@JEREMYSIMS01 - Congratulations on having your incredible lot featured!

@Zoey95 - Chanelle is gorgeous! Downloaded and recommended!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Zoey95 wrote:
    So many beautiful shinies to download and rec'd! I am a happy simmer :mrgreen:

I have created a sim (no CC) to play in Roaring Heights, Chanelle Porter. Download Link
    More screenshots

A_zps94831eb6.jpg

And a new lot (no CC) to grab a quick and tasty meal, Roaring Heights Automat. Download Link
    More info & screenshots

The automat was a great idea. How many people even know what that is today. The only reason I know is because it is mentioned in the song "diamonds are a girls best friend" Although in the Moulin Rouge version they changed the lyric from Automat to Uncles Cat, because of course Automats were not invented yet :)
    I am downloading and rec'ing that one soon, but right now I'm going to place the car showroom! So many great builds on here...I'm having a ton of fun fixing up Roaring Heights...I may never actually play!
  • Options
    PolysporinPolysporin Posts: 945 Member
    edited December 2013
    JEREMYSIMS01
    Thank you. :)

Pamhamlet
    Thank you so much, I am glad you like the salon. :)

Zoey95
    Beautiful Sim and I love your Roaring Heights Automat. It looks fantastic and that last picture of the dumpster diving, omg so funny.

pinkoranges
    I really like that household.

Nik24X7
    The Golden Age Roller Coaster is beautiful.

Did up another starter
    Lemon Drops Starter
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7865975
    roof_up_original.jpg

• Options
    edited December 2013
    @Nik24X7 - Thank you. Your roller coaster looks amazing! :thumbup:
    Sims4SIG_zps6253f8f2.jpg
  • Options
    FrayedFlightFrayedFlight Posts: 520 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'm not a builder and I'm always amazed at the creativity that everyone has. Is it possible for our Sims to live in an apartment over a restaurant or business without using a mod? If so, has anyone built one for Roaring Heights? Can someone send instructions?

I was only able to do this by setting up the apartment lot (with shops), moving my sims to a different home and then having them purchase the apartment lot set as a "hangout". They can now "live" in the apartments, along with NPC's and the shops downstairs have NPC's working the registers etc. Sometimes they want to go to their main home but generally It works. (example here...http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7715563

I haven't tried, but I imagine you could use the business items from MH to build a store on the "bottom" store run by your sim and the home upstairs or behind the shop.

I was curious about trying this with a late-night styled apartment (possibly using the "public room marker" from buydebug), but I am not that ambitious and it would make editing the room after the fact kind of difficult (you have to turn on and off cheats to edit "public space" in an apartment.

You could probably use the Midnight Hollow stuff to do something like this (I think you can use the special doors to make it accessible to the public), but making anything else would probably not work. In an late-night styled apartment, I am not sure if "public space" means it is accessible to all sims, or just the apartment building dwelling sims...this would be really good to know because you could easily fake stores this way. An arcade, a laundromat, things that don't require special registers or NPCs for sims to use them.

If anyone has experimented with any of this, I would love to hear about it. Otherwise, the quoted suggestion definitely sounds best, although not ideal by any means.

My appologies if this is jumbled, I am having a jumbled week! Great builds, talented creators!
  • Options
    chopin27chopin27 Posts: 764 Member
    edited December 2013
    @Polysporin
    Amazing work as usual. Downloaded and recommended it. Thank you.

@Nik24X7
    The Golden Age Roller Coaster looks fabulous!! Thank you for sharing.
    I will download and recommend it.

• Options
    shainakikyoushainakikyou Posts: 15 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Polysporin wrote:
    vonHentzau
    So glad you found them. I would of looked in light as well, they look like lights. :)

shainakikyou
    you did an amazing job on the fire hall.

JEREMYSIMS01
    So glad you got it uploaded and Congratulations on it being featured. :)

pinkoranges
    Great households.

LondonSimStar
    pretty sims

KarilynMonroe2
    Nice work on the boardwalk
    To get the curved windows to place, the wall has to be diagonal at least 4 squares, if I remember right.

Sincerbox
    Great idea with the ball court added to the gym

wrightrn
    Thank you so kind of you to say, Hope you enjoy them. :)

@Polysporin thank you n_n just downloaded the Lemon Drops Starter :mrgreen: can't wait to move in my sim there.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Kalphoenix wrote:
    I'm not a builder and I'm always amazed at the creativity that everyone has. Is it possible for our Sims to live in an apartment over a restaurant or business without using a mod? If so, has anyone built one for Roaring Heights? Can someone send instructions?

I was only able to do this by setting up the apartment lot (with shops), moving my sims to a different home and then having them purchase the apartment lot set as a "hangout". They can now "live" in the apartments, along with NPC's and the shops downstairs have NPC's working the registers etc. Sometimes they want to go to their main home but generally It works. (example here...http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7715563

I haven't tried, but I imagine you could use the business items from MH to build a store on the "bottom" store run by your sim and the home upstairs or behind the shop.

I was curious about trying this with a late-night styled apartment (possibly using the "public room marker" from buydebug), but I am not that ambitious and it would make editing the room after the fact kind of difficult (you have to turn on and off cheats to edit "public space" in an apartment.

You could probably use the Midnight Hollow stuff to do something like this (I think you can use the special doors to make it accessible to the public), but making anything else would probably not work. In an late-night styled apartment, I am not sure if "public space" means it is accessible to all sims, or just the apartment building dwelling sims...this would be really good to know because you could easily fake stores this way. An arcade, a laundromat, things that don't require special registers or NPCs for sims to use them.

If anyone has experimented with any of this, I would love to hear about it. Otherwise, the quoted suggestion definitely sounds best, although not ideal by any means.

My appologies if this is jumbled, I am having a jumbled week! Great builds, talented creators!

I think i tried all of the ideas mentioned. I did use the room markers. I built and cafe and coffee shop on the bottom floor of one of the late night apartment buidings too. I put in the bistro oven/chef and the coffee bar but no sims ever visited the lot. For some reason the lot I built and shared I get a lot of visitors. It may be because I put in a lot of NPC rooms. The lot has got to be set to a hangout, then people come as well as sims to work the registers. Your sims could own another small lot and just stay in the apartment above the shops. I may make a very simple version to share, so people can see how it is done. The Elysee apartments have a lot of premium items and store items.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    All of the houses in Roaring Heights are just beautiful-on the outside...what is with all the crazy patterns and bold colors? I thought art deco was more pastel or black and white and chrome...maybe that is just because all the movies were black and white?
    ...the exception being The Wizard of Oz...oh that gives me an idea!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2013

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7868501
    My dress shop is done! Whew! What a lot of work setting up the ITF displays. If you nab this lot you will sadly have to reset all of the displays because they will default to ITF clothing. Here are some tips..you must be playing the sim that owns the shop to select clothes for the displays. Each dressing room has one display and there is a barrier to entry door on each dressing room. Lock the doors to keep all sims but your owner out until he/she sets the display outfit. Example...To save time I made one dressing room for male/female child, so I only had to create 2 sets of clothes for that display, then I changed the lock to only allow children. Do this with each room/display. You can keep the rooms locked until they are ready and take you time.

I am getting a lot of business from the men in town and my only fear is they will soon all be dressed the same! I guess my owner will have to change up those displays quite often!

Exterior
    screenshot_original.jpg

Interior
    screenshot_original.jpg
    The back door is the savvy sellers door, so you can set the hours for the lot. There is a register to sell the items on the pedestals. I did not set any seller rugs but you can add those if you so choose. This shop will make your sim rich, but they will have to work for it!
    I am going to upload it soon. so I'll be back with the link.

Here is the display window. No one can change these because they are sunken into the foundation and there is no door. You can remove them for your sim to set and them place them back in again when they are ready.
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ZozsieZozsie Posts: 16 New Member
    edited December 2013
    So many amazing builds! Wow!

Here's mine, "Decodent Dame" Seaside Starter, a 2bedroom, 1bathroom, starter lot:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7866605

[img][/img]
    roof_up_original.jpg

l0wd_original.jpg

l0wu_original.jpg

l1wd_original.jpg

l1wu_original.jpg

l4wu_original.jpg

Hope you enjoy!

Zozsie
  • Options
    chopin27chopin27 Posts: 764 Member
    edited December 2013
    The Riverside Festival Grounds

No CC (checked with CUSTARD)
    No Kissing booth :P
    No Spawners
    Play tested

rhf01_zpsba7d57dc.jpg

rhf04_zps0280e8f2.jpg

rhf05_zps9f254404.jpg

rhf11_zps89addb88.jpg

rhf09_zpsa8e56359.jpg

rhf12_zps2e11d2f8.jpg

*Vertical Challenge Rock Wall: The race option doesn't work due to lack of space... :|
    I did not place them with the MOO cheat, though.(It does work with the Fall festival for some reasons.)

*I used some items from The Boardwalk venue.

Download link : http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7866674

Slideshow: http://s1262.photobucket.com/user/rainy0905/slideshow/RHF
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited December 2013
    So many beautiful lots!!! :shock:

Karilyn, I really like your dress shop! :D
  • Options
    aktexaktex Posts: 367 Member
    edited December 2013
    Great builds and sims everyone!

Polysporin
    I love our Clover Club, my sims will enjoy their evenings there. Also the Cut54 Salon is very lovely.

Dragon
    The McRose Hotel/Resort is gorgeous!

Shainakikyou
    Your firestation is beautiful.

Zoe95
    The Automat is fantastic! I love it and so will my sims.

KarilynMonroe2
    The dress shop is lovely! I would like to shop there for an upcoming wedding!

I built an amusement park with spooky theme:

ipsburvosx48bd84g.jpg

aa8wzieaeg2qqlf4g.jpg

0xqh46up6do2mdz4g.jpg

olykj22pwp42e0v4g.jpg

ferxvopev2e7i7w4g.jpg

wlnc464rg2a23of4g.jpg

More pics here:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/730337.page

Download here:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7867124

tcvoh84l0v7b6kg3g.jpg