Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CLOSED DD (Daily Deal) Rotation & Sales Help: Start 7 Dec; Repeat 31 Jan

Comments

• Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited December 2013
    Me1620 wrote:
    ^I totally agree with this. While I have gotten some good, even great deals, I have spent a lot of money in this store. Without a money back lowest price guarantee, that crystal ball would be very handy to own. We should also have the feature to use the crystal ball on Origin. These last few weeks the sale prices have gone up and down.

A money back lowest price guarantee! :mrgreen: I like how you think!
    Me1620 wrote:
    ^Again, you have taken the words right out of my mouth. Absolutely, the MMAO has tempted, and sometimes succeeded, in getting me to purchase items I didn't care to own prior to CYS - and even lower than my previous threshold of 50% off.

I suspect another part of the problem is that most of the discounts we have been seeing the past 6 months or so have been closer to 30% than 50%. I know my expectations have been lowered, since now I consider 35% a good discount and 45% a great discount.
    Me1620 wrote:
    ^Finally, this. Alli, while reading your entire post, I was nodding my head all the way through.

It is very hard to wait for those great discounts. However, they do come. I just have to remind myself of that when I am itching to click the buy button. If everything was full price, and we were never offered sales, I would only own half of the store.

YES!!! It is smarter to wait... but... WAITING IS SO HARD!!! Plus, it is impossible to know when you are really getting the best discount. Buy something today for 30% off and see it 40% off tomorrow. Or buy something at 50% off today and see it free tomorrow. If we were really smart we wouldn't buy anything, just wait around long enough and see if it shows up for free. :lol:

Ah, but I could never do that, because I am a sim store addict. :oops:
  • Options
    starwarspunkstarwarspunk Posts: 285 Member
    edited December 2013
    69 ) Beady Tankini / 27 / 75 / 64% / 4 hours

70 ) The Big Cheese Coat Rack / / 25 / / 6 hours
    71 ) World Inspiration Compilation / / 3400 / /

Just bought World Adventures last week so I am excited for the compilation :D

Check out my Sims songs below!

Keys
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoLeNE0oodE

Woohoo (Is All I wanna Do)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C68qOEl4Elo
  • Options
    emma78888emma78888 Posts: 240 Member
    edited December 2013
    I don't use the MMAO because I like to see the full set and I am too lazy to google seperately what those sets include and I have only got into the store in the last few weeks so I want to conserve the points I do have and put them to best use!
  • Options
    JaquaineJaquaine Posts: 140 Member
    edited December 2013
    The World Inspiration Compilation shall be mine! Which should let me either finish or get pretty close to finishing Dec 2011, April 2011 and the Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection.

It also has items in common with Best of 2010, Morocco Mystique + Cante Captivating and November 2011.

If you're working towards any of those compilations, getting The World Inspiration Compilation on sale might be a better deal than you first thought.
  • Options
    TheZommbieTheZommbie Posts: 712 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Jaquaine wrote:
    The World Inspiration Compilation shall be mine! Which should let me either finish or get pretty close to finishing Dec 2011, April 2011 and the Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection.

It also has items in common with Best of 2010, Morocco Mystique + Cante Captivating and November 2011.

If you're working towards any of those compilations, getting The World Inspiration Compilation on sale might be a better deal than you first thought.

yeah im at 270 im waiting on a sale of the comp.... Wow didnt notice the comp is on dd in 9 hrs tonight i complete it woot
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited December 2013
    emma78888 wrote:
    I don't use the MMAO because I like to see the full set and I am too lazy to google seperately what those sets include and I have only got into the store in the last few weeks so I want to conserve the points I do have and put them to best use!

I'm too lazy too. :lol:
    But you do NOT have to google anything!
    Just click on the item's name in that offer window, & it brings you to that set, which shows the items.
    NOR will you lose that MMAO deal you are deciding about, until an hour passes, OR you click on "make me another offer" to pass on current offer, to see a new one (until you use up all 5 offers). :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Meg1626Meg1626 Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited December 2013
    missy2311 wrote:
    Hi everyone, I just got back from my cruise two days ago, have been super busy,i had a quick look at the DD thread whilst at the airport and only saw 10 new pages from when i left and thought wow that will be easy to catch up on, then i realised there was a new thread that has like 40 new pages so have a bit of reading to do lol at least it gives me something to do whilst procrastinating unpacking.

I think i may be addicted to DD now :shock: I was on this little island during this cruise and noticed this small cafe had free wifi and the first thing I did was check what deals were on and my friend said don't you think you should let your parents know you are still alive (they stress lol)and i was like yeah in a minute this is more imporatant lol. And while trying to get to sleep on the boat i found myself a few times thinking about what deals I might be missing. I think i might have a slight problem :oops: lol

Oohh, first of all, I am very jealous of your vacation!~ I sure hope you had fun!

Secondly, yep, you've got it bad. Those are definitely symptoms of the DD Stalking disease; SSA, Completicitis, Obsession, it has so many names now I can't keep track! :mrgreen: Welcome to our club. Meetings are Thursdays at 10AM. Newbies are encouraged to bring cookies :twisted: :P 8)
    missy2311 wrote:
    Edit: also i noticed on the first page (the only page i have had time to read so far lol) there was a question mark next to my username, my actual name is Catherine, i don't mind if you call me Catherine or Missy, both are fine :)

Nice to "meet" you Catherine! I will add your name to the list :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Hi everyone, just a quick question - the farm fresh folk set is 910 simpoints in the sale, but wondering if it allows a CYS price also. If I buy an item or two individually, would it work out better to do that and CYS, or just buy it all for 910 points?

Thanks for any advice. :)

I'm new to Sims 3, had to learn fast with the BF:CM sales and the pricing of things/sales/CYS still confuses me a bit. Bought a ton of stuff over that weekend but now trying to be a bit more savvy with the remaining items in the store.

Missed the country living set yesterday, but will end up getting it at some point. Don't want to miss the farm fresh set though so any advice on that would be great. :)

Hello and welcome to the best thread on the Sims forums! Always nice to see new faces. I was going to answer you but I figured someone else would've beaten me to it already and I was right. My lovely fellow DD Stalkers have been kind enough to help.
    Jaquaine wrote:
    Thanks MolliesDollies and SimsAddiction968, I bought the desk for 100sp and it lowered the price from 910sp to 725sp, not bad at all! Not sure whether to try another individual item or just do the CYS. Decision decisions!
    Don't buy any more items at full price; they lower the price by approximately 90% of the purchase price of the item so it won't make you better off. The first item lowers it by that amount, plus 10% of the set price so it is always worth buying the cheapest item in the set before completing a CYS eligible set if you don't own any items in the set already. Otherwise, it only makes sense to buy more individual items if they are more than 10% off on sale.

^ This! What she said! Best advice to follow for all sets you want to use CYS on. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Me1620 wrote:
    APotts wrote:
    Once again, we are in the same boat. I would be pretty surprised if anything I need showed up as a freebie. If only we had a crystal ball we would have known not to spend any money in the store all year, and we would have waited, but alas we are now in the 'own too much of the store' demographic, and we can only live vicariously through our friends.
    ^I totally agree with this. While I have gotten some good, even great deals, I have spent a lot of money in this store. Without a money back lowest price guarantee, that crystal ball would be very handy to own. We should also have the feature to use the crystal ball on Origin. These last few weeks the sale prices have gone up and down.
    APotts wrote:
    As for MMAO - well, if you do get offered what you want it will probably be much more expensive than you would like. That machine is almost as dangerous as those Goodie Bags were, ... But after sitting through a ton of lousy deals, when something you actually want does show up, it becomes very hard not to push that buy button, even when the discount isn't great.
    ^Again, you have taken the words right out of my mouth. Absolutely, the MMAO has tempted, and sometimes succeeded, in getting me to purchase items I didn't care to own prior to CYS - and even lower than my previous threshold of 50% off.
    APotts wrote:
    MMAO can be very dangerous. ... It makes ugly discounts look pretty.

Seriously, I advise everyone to use caution when using the MMAO monster. That machine is fun, but dangerous for those of us with a sim store addiction. (so basically, all of us)
    ^Finally, this. Alli, while reading your entire post, I was nodding my head all the way through.

It is very hard to wait for those great discounts. However, they do come. I just have to remind myself of that when I am itching to click the buy button. If everything was full price, and we were never offered sales, I would only own half of the store.

::hangs head in shame::

Yep, all of this is true for me as well ladies. I have been managing to restrain myself lately though :D
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I got the surf pc 500 item and it only gave me 545 off and to cys the set it was 345 so either way its 910 lol since its point less to by any 100 ites after u get half done u only get 90sp to count for cys
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Sorry so many posts! I promise I'm not trying to spam the thread :oops: :mrgreen:

@Jennifer, I loved your Christmas story so very much! It was lovely and I sure hope you win :D

@Kat - I know it was for Mad Money, but I wanted to thank you for the gift here as well :P
  • Options
    moomoneySLmoomoneySL Posts: 93 Member
    edited December 2013
    Oh no! I own the next 2 DD items and 75% of the sale items. What am I going to do with myself for the next however many hours? :(
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited December 2013
    Meg1626 wrote:
    @Jennifer, I loved your Christmas story so very much! It was lovely and I sure hope you win :D
    Awww, thanks Meg!
    It's hopeful wishing for me & I almost didn't enter cuz I can't get things to turn out the way I see them in my mind.
    I see other peoples stuff & usually end up deleting my own stuff :lol: :oops:

I miss the DD having things I still want at good discounts :cry:

I'm still hoping for a Christmas miracle sale of some kind.
    I gave up hope about any simpoint sale. :(

Spent half of day with internet so messed up. :roll:
    Hopefully I will still have it through this week.
    Husband spent ages on phone with them, since they messed up our cable & internet so bad it was worse than dial up (& we haven't had that in yrs).
    Wouldn't want to miss a DD finally being what I need, :lol:
    moomoneySL wrote:
    Oh no! I own the next 2 DD items and 75% of the sale items. What am I going to do with myself for the next however many hours? :(
    :lol: watch a movie? That's what I'm doing but its giving me a neck cramp cuz I'm looking up from desk, above my hutch, to TV on top. I need to learn to put PC to sleep more often. :oops: :lol:
  • Options
    moomoneySLmoomoneySL Posts: 93 Member
    edited December 2013
    moomoneySL wrote:
    :lol: watch a movie? That's what I'm doing but its giving me a neck cramp cuz I'm looking up from desk, above my hutch, to TV on top. I need to learn to put PC to sleep more often. :oops: :lol:

I was trying to watch a video game tournament but it keeps getting delayed. I guess I could make a new apartment for Roaring Heights. I swear whomever designed these layouts has never lived in an apartment ever.
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited December 2013
    Meg1626 wrote:
    ::hangs head in shame::

Yep, all of this is true for me as well ladies. I have been managing to restrain myself lately though :D

It really is an addiction, but that feeling you get when a set that you have been working to CYS suddenly goes on sale and you realize that you own just enough items to make it free is pretty wonderful. So you really can't blame us for wanting to experience it more and more. Plus who can blame us for wanting to give only the best to our little virtual families? Those little guys/gals are very high maintenance, always asking for more and better stuff, and who are we to deny them? Yep, we are not really a bunch of addicts, we are simply supporting our sim families in the manner that they are accustomed to, nothing to be ashamed of! :lol:
    moomoneySL wrote:

Earlier I was reading some exceptionally boring career books, but now I am spending the time replaying Persona 3, and watching I Love Lucy reruns on Hula. Lazy is nice sometimes!
  • Options
    silencedsongsilencedsong Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited December 2013
    70 ) The Big Cheese Coat Rack / 13 / 25 / 48% / 6 hrs

Next up -

71 ) World Inspiration Compilation / 12 hrs
    72 ) Mid-Century Modern Bed and Bath Set
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Ill be up late waiting for the come to go on dd i want it a lot
  • Options
    missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited December 2013
    Why is it that I don't really want something but as soon as it comes on sale or on MMAO at a good price I instantly want it when i wasn't even that fussed before lol. I was never really that keen on the country livin' set but i just got offered the chicken coop for 45% off with MMAO and now I really want it, oh well i have like 50 minutes left to decide. Also is that a good deal or is a similar deal likely to come around, i can't remember how long ago it was released so not sure what the chances of it going on special are.
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    edited December 2013
    How much is the deal gonna cost you?
  • Options
    mangaroomangaroo Posts: 9 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi, Stalkers. Sorry for being vaguely OT, but I figured you would be the people who would know: is there a thread listing the sale items that are rotating on the sale page over the holidays? Not the free items (I've seen the thread for that), but the additional one-day-only discounted items (for instance, today's one-day sale is The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft for 45% off).

Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited December 2013
    TheZommbie wrote:

425sp for the coop, an outfit, a top, a coffee table and a wall decoration.
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    edited December 2013
    mangaroo wrote:
    Hi, Stalkers. Sorry for being vaguely OT, but I figured you would be the people who would know: is there a thread listing the sale items that are rotating on the sale page over the holidays? Not the free items (I've seen the thread for that), but the additional one-day-only discounted items (for instance, today's one-day sale is The Coffee Bean Hipster Loft for 45% off).

Thanks for your help!
    19th was zen again
    20th was country livin

both 45% off
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    missy2311 wrote:
    TheZommbie wrote:

425sp for the coop, an outfit, a top, a coffee table and a wall decoration.

since to country livin was 910 yesterday could haved save alot, unless that mmao other items is also part of the set, if not your look at about 600 to 700sp off the set with the coop alone
  • Options
    silencedsongsilencedsong Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited December 2013
    #70 sold out 2 hr. 6 min. early (surprising, I know).

71 ) World Inspiration Compilation / 1224 / 3400 / 64% / 12 hrs

Next up -

72 ) Mid-Century Modern Bed and Bath Set / 12 hrs
    73 ) Atomic Age Living and Dining
  • Options
    starwarspunkstarwarspunk Posts: 285 Member
    edited December 2013
    ahhh!! I just got the World Inspiration Compilation for free with CYS!!! I only had 29% of the compilation (38 out of 103 items) :o:o:o:D:D:D

The coat rack sold early, and I have no idea how much on sale the DD is now b/c I hit download so fast and the front page hasn't updated!!! eeeek I'm so excited!!!!
    Check out my Sims songs below!

Keys
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoLeNE0oodE

Woohoo (Is All I wanna Do)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C68qOEl4Elo