Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Opinion on the Graphics - Picture Heavy

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    Solstice401Solstice401 Posts: 1,074 Member
    edited September 2013
    I just wish to see more textures, it looks too childish.
  • Options
    1van_der_vaart231van_der_vaart23 Posts: 161 Member
    edited September 2013
    I was personally hoping the sims 4 would of looked like an updated sims medieval...

Me too. :(
    RAFAEL VAN DER VAART - FOOTBALLER WITH THE BEST TECHNIQUE IN THE WORLD.
    skill.gif RAFA YOU'RE THE BEST!
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited September 2013
    CK213 wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    My point still stands regarding the picture, though. Whether or not you liked it originally, the hair should still have been no surprise.

It wasn't a surprise to me.
    But a lot of simmer attitudes as usual was, "I'll wait and see." They waited and they saw. :lol:

It still stands though. Wait and see is what we should. No one has confirmed that what we see now is the final product. They've said they are going to make some improvements to texture. We don't know to what extent, maybe it's just a little, we don'y know, That's why "wait and see" still applies.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2013
    JeanBaby4 wrote:
    That's why "wait and see" still applies.
    Wait, see, and let EA know in the clearest way possible that we're not happy at all with what we're seeing right now.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    aditya2333aditya2333 Posts: 100 New Member
    edited September 2013
    There seems to be a complete lack of texture in the sims 4. Everything from the Grass , to the furniture and hair...everything seems very plastic like.I hope things drastically improve as we come closer to the release date, however I doubt things will change much :(
  • Options
    4u4ever4u4ever Posts: 207 Member
    edited October 2013
    I'm usually not a whiny person but here I gotta agree that the graphics are not what I expected. I'll try not to complain too much as it has been done already and honestly, our complaints aren't going to change anything (although I usually feel better about myself after complaining when I'm mad :lol: ). So far The Sims has been gradually improving and evolving, but right now, TS4 looks like a setback. I know some people are fine with the cartoony graphics and it's great, but I have always tried to keep things real in my Sims. I play a ton of other games besides The Sims and compared to the games that have come out this year, TS4 looks more like an online flash game so far. What bugs me is that games where the main aspect is about fighting aliens or magical monsters seem more real to me than a game that's supposed to be about everyday life. If I wanted cartoony characters, I'd play TS Freeplay, TS Social or MySims. And it's not only about graphics. If you've seen the official gameplay trailer you probably noticed how they have forced facial expressions and overly dramatic movements.
    I'm definitely going to get TS4 when it comes out, but the gameplay better be exceptional, or I'm sticking with TS3. Graphics really play an important role for me, and even if a game is fun, I won't enjoy it if the graphics are too simple (tetris, pac-man, etc. don't count because they are meant to be simple). But that's just my two cents.
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited October 2013
    JeanBaby4 wrote:
    CK213 wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:
    My point still stands regarding the picture, though. Whether or not you liked it originally, the hair should still have been no surprise.

But a lot of simmer attitudes as usual was, "I'll wait and see." They waited and they saw. :lol:

It still stands though. Wait and see is what we should. No one has confirmed that what we see now is the final product. They've said they are going to make some improvements to texture. We don't know to what extent, maybe it's just a little, we don'y know, That's why "wait and see" still applies.

We've seen teaser picks. Pretty fair to say they would not have shown those if it wasn't going to represent the game. Whether you like it or not, the graphics look 'finished' to me.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited October 2013
    JeanBaby4 wrote:
    CK213 wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:

We've seen teaser picks. Pretty fair to say they would not have shown those if it wasn't going to represent the game. Whether you like it or not, the graphics look 'finished' to me.
    And the graphics look horrible. It's like they wanted to extend the colorful disgusting Katy Perry Sweet Treats SP to a full game.
    Honestly, The Sims 4 look like an HD The Sims Freeplay.
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Options
    MckenzieMemberMckenzieMember Posts: 1,231 Member
    edited October 2013
    Stdlr9 wrote:

EA, I really think you should have made this game the always-online hot mess it was intended to be, then after you sold a few copies to the phone gaming crowd, make a whole new Sims series that looks decent and is a true step forward for the Sims franchise.

This.
    CK213 wrote:
    Callum9432 wrote:

"They waited and They saw" Lol :lol:
    I for one didn't do any waiting. l I came across the TS4 trailer and it was that, that piqued my curiosity for TS4. So I starting checking out TS4 pictures and gameplay trailers. And upon my initial reaction to the TS4 trailer, which was; "I don't like the way TS4 sims look" I still don't like the way they look and probably never will.
    I was personally hoping the sims 4 would of looked like an updated sims medieval...

Me too. :(

Me three. :cry:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    aditya2333 wrote:
    There seems to be a complete lack of texture in the sims 4. Everything from the Grass , to the furniture and hair...everything seems very plastic like.I hope things drastically improve as we come closer to the release date, however I doubt things will change much :(

I agree with you regarding the textures. However like Darleymikey said: I'm pretty sure that what we are currently seeing is pretty much what the finished game will look like. Albeit it will look a bit more polished (hopefully).
    4u4ever wrote:
    ..... So far The Sims has been gradually improving and evolving, but right now, TS4 looks like a setback. I know some people are fine with the cartoony graphics and it's great, but I have always tried to keep things real in my Sims. I play a ton of other games besides The Sims and compared to the games that have come out this year, TS4 looks more like an online flash game so far. What bugs me is that games where the main aspect is about fighting aliens or magical monsters seem more real to me than a game that's supposed to be about everyday life. If I wanted cartoony characters, I'd play TS Freeplay, TS Social or MySims. And it's not only about graphics. If you've seen the official gameplay trailer you probably noticed how they have forced facial expressions and overly dramatic movements.

My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    JenZ4HeavenZJenZ4HeavenZ Posts: 631 Member
    edited October 2013
    I don't think I would want my sims to look like Midevil.. I mean to have the capabilities through CC or through CAS tweaking maybe.. but I like to make my characters a bit on the toony side.. and if i do not have the ability to do that it will suck.. The thing about what has made CAS good since TS2 really is that with enough tweaking you can make sime as proportionate and as realistic as you like even though mostly through CC but it was possible.. the body within means of course.. but you can make the eyes bigger or smaller.. throw in custom skins/makeup/eyes.. I don't like them OVERLY cartoony .. but I do like a slight toonyness.. as I think overly realistic characters are boring and dull and lack moisture.. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes.. so I would rather have a sims game that can be pretty universal as to what a person wants in their sims.. Take my sim in my icon here .. she is not realistic.. and I love her that way.. If I wanted realism.. I wouldn't play games and just do something else.. like clean.. and do real life stuff..
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited October 2013
    This is weird for me , after seeing what EA can do with TSM, and what they did to TS4 , I do not want a childs game. There are enough games to satisfy children. What about the Adults that usually pay for the games?

I want a game that I can call my own , and I want it to look somewhat realistic. You can rant and rave over my answer if you want, but facts are facts.

I completely agree and feel the same way.

I initially liked the sims they showed, especially the one girl with dark hair and cap, they look good to me. But then then there were those pics that are very much like a Facebook game, which is not at all impressive.

But it's still early, things may improve. We can hope anyway.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ..... If I wanted realism.. I wouldn't play games and just do something else.. like clean.. and do real life stuff..

That point/ argument, quoted above, always irks me when ever people use it.
    Not all people who play games want realism, and just because someone prefers to play realistic (looking) games doesn't mean they shouldn't play games full stop. For many people playing games, whether they are realistic or not is a way for them to pass the time, or escape from reality. Therefore what difference does it make if the games people play are realistic or not. Games were made as a medium for entertainment and for many people they do just that- entertain, regardless of whether the character in the game has a life similar to the player's.