Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Zoo U Course 11 - Hidehi's Photography Exhibition - Update

HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
Phew ... finally got some CAP and photography sorted and up on the walls! Thought I'd never get it done as each pattern took nearly an hour to install.

By the way without ZooProfessor3's Zoo U courses this would have never been possible!!!

Link to Master thread:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/499348.page

Link to Course 11 - Enhance your builds with photography and CAP:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/707132.page#11231218

This is only the start to show what kind of wall art you can create. I haven't even scratched the surface yet .... but here goes:

Wallart3.jpg"width=600"

Wallart2.jpg"width=600"

My favourite painters Kandinsky and Gabriele Muenter ... Helix was obviously not very impressed with my efforts :wink:

Wallart1.jpg"width=600"

Hope you've enjoyed looking at the pictures as much as I had fun creating them ... there be plenty more to come :twisted: ...

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited September 2013
    The photos look great! :) Very nice flower photos! It looks great the way you have placed the various sizes of pictures together to create a great display. The photos you have done of works by Kaninksky and Muenter look great and would great wall décor for sims homes.
    Great photos! :)
  • Options
    LucyBorgiaLucyBorgia Posts: 753 Member
    edited September 2013
    They look fantastic!
  • Options
    suepeasuepea Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited September 2013
    Awesome job, Hidehi! I better get cracking! I haven't even started the lesson yet :-(
    h2xmsbl]
  • Options
    samj6samj6 Posts: 750 Member
    edited September 2013
    Your photos look great :) All the flower pictures look lovely and accenting the frame colour with a colour from the flower is a nice touch. I really like Kandinsky's paintings and the one you chose looks awesome in game :D
  • Options
    priscapuppriscapup Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited September 2013
    Your pictures look amazing! Love what you have so far! Mine take forever to install also, so I feel your pain. :D
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hide, these pictures are amazing!!! I am sooo far behind! I haven't even read the tutorial yet. I'm kind of nervous about how to do this, but I hope to have time this week to at least start reading the class! Keep up the awesome work! I hope mine can look half as nice as yours do! :D
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited September 2013
    Beautiful pictures! Well done! :D
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hidehi love the pictures especially the flowers and their matching boarders. :D:D Hugs Folly
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hide I love all your pictures, they are so awesome...
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited September 2013
    Beautiful, Hidehi! Just wonderful! Yaaaaay!!!!
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited September 2013
    WHOOT! Amazing photos and I loved seeing Julianna and Helix enjoying them!

Your photo arrangements are masterful, too. I had not used some of those groupings but I definitely will now, it really looks great and I can see photo accent walls in almost any style of home (depending on the photo subjects).

Really excellent work!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I can't thank everyone enough for all your wonderful comments!!!

* Rose - as always your kind words have made me extremely happy!! It warms my heart to see that you are able to continue making all of us feel so special! Thank you for everything! xox :D

* LucyBorgia - thank you, your comment is very encouraging! :thumbup:

* Suepea - I know that your homework will turn out fabulous and once you start with CAP + photography you'll have so much fun that you won't want to stop. :wink:

* samj6 - thank you for your lovely comment ... I am quite impressed with your homework thread! :shock:

* Prisca - thank you for popping by!!!... I think the 'feelgood factor' we get from putting all the information Zoo provides us with into practice makes well and truly up for every battle we have with the game and our computers!! :mrgreen:

* WrathofCath - thank you! I have no doubt that your homework will turn out just absolutely awesome like all your other creations!! :D

* Yanti - I'm so pleased you left one of your lovely comments! Thank you! :-)

* Folly - it's lovely to see that you found my thread and to read your kind comment! :D

* Bree - my dear friend you are always so supportive!! Thank you! :thumbup:

* Taryn - Thank you sooooo much!!! Big squishy hugs! x :D

* Zoo - What a lovely compliment, thank you! ... I am just so glad that I stumbled across your Zoo U class room ... you've provided us with such a fab environment where everyone from novice to master builder can have a lot of fun learning and trying out something new!! :thumbup:
  • Options
    aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited September 2013
    my oh my these are so COOL :)

Such great choices. You chose images with great contrast and color, so they look detailed but not washed out. Very cool.

I especially love the stylized landscapes to the left of the flowers. Do you know the original artist? They are fantastic.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I am not making that much progress at the moment :cry: ... my CAP and photography efforts seem to trundle along at 'snail's pace' ... RL doesn't help much either ... although I absolutely love to scout everywhere for images suitable to be converted into wallart for my simmies.

I hereby present the next installment of my exhibition :D

I have chosen a Japanese theme this time:

ZooUwallartdisplay8.jpg"width=600"

My attempt to create wall art to complement existing pictures in the sims buy menu ... I think it may be a little too much of it ... but I rather like the old ikebana prints

ZooUwallartdisplay6.jpg"width=600"

... and finally a bit more personal ... a picture of my youngest son getting married in Tokyo ... the reason for the choice of a Japanese subject.

I still need to try and work out how to get less blurry photos into the game though.

Personal1.jpg"width=600"

Now that was fun ... at least for me! Maybe see you around next post.
    Wish you all 'Happy Simming' and lots of fun with CAP and photography!! :lol:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Hidehi, you are doing fantastic! I just started to take a peek at lesson one tonite and I don't know if I'll be able to do the lessons, cause I have an imac. I am still going to try! Your photos look Fabulous! I LOVE the wall with the Japanese art and I do not think it's too much! The pics of the mountain and the flowering tree are very pretty. How cool was that to go to Tokyo for your son's wedding?! It must have been gorgeous. Keep up the good work, Hidehi and hopefully I will get to try sometime soon! :P
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Your Japanese themed photos look great! :) It is lovely family photos of your son getting married in Tokyo. Very nice way you have presented the photos on the wall with the larger family photo in the middle and the 4 smaller photos either side of it. Also it looks nice how you have placed the photo in the photo frame on the top of the red Asian dresser and have the Japanese looking plants on the dresser and surrounding this area. It is very nice the way you have set up the displays for all your photos . Great way you have used the pagoda statues and have done the bamboo greenery plants on top of the red stand. Great placement of the various sized photos on the wall in the 2nd picture. It looks great the way you have combined your own photos with the Japanese pictures that are in our sims games buy mode. It looks great the way you have used the 3 different filters for the photo in the first picture. The antiquey golden frames around the photos look great.
    Great Japanese themed photos and displays! Great cap work and photography and arrangements/placements of the items! :)
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited September 2013
    FANTASTIC!!!

I LOVE all the Japanese art, and the wedding photos, all of it is perfect.

I think your work to compliment existing Sim art is glorious, just what I hoped for when I put that into the assignment. You managed to make it look as if all of it was in-game purchased art-- your CAP photos work beautifully with the Geisha portraits.

Just a lovely job, you're headed for an A+ at this rate!

Zoo
    oow785m
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hidehi wrote:
    I am not making that much progress at the moment :cry: ... my CAP and photography efforts seem to trundle along at 'snail's pace' ... RL doesn't help much either ... although I absolutely love to scout everywhere for images suitable to be converted into wallart for my simmies.

I hereby present the next installment of my exhibition :D

I have chosen a Japanese theme this time:

ZooUwallartdisplay8.jpg"width=600"

My attempt to create wall art to complement existing pictures in the sims buy menu ... I think it may be a little too much of it ... but I rather like the old ikebana prints

ZooUwallartdisplay6.jpg"width=600"

... and finally a bit more personal ... a picture of my youngest son getting married in Tokyo ... the reason for the choice of a Japanese subject.

I still need to try and work out how to get less blurry photos into the game though.

Personal1.jpg"width=600"

Now that was fun ... at least for me! Maybe see you around next post.
    Wish you all 'Happy Simming' and lots of fun with CAP and photography!! :lol:

Omygosh not much progress!!! It is looking beautiful I love the art work the pics of the hill is my fav... You do such wonderful work Hide...
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    WOWZA! :D I just adore the Japanese art photos! Also the photo with the traditional Japanese clothes looks lovely! Great job Hidehi! :D
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited September 2013
    Wonderful Hidehi I Love the pictures and the theme :D:D
    Hugs Folly
  • Options
    samj6samj6 Posts: 750 Member
    edited September 2013
    I love your Japanese inspired photos, Hidehi! :) They look fabulous and I love the way you've presented them both on the walls and along side the Japanese inspired decor :)
  • Options
    priscapuppriscapup Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hidehi, so far everything is amazing! Love the pictures you have done! Your son's wedding photo is beautiful, and the setup you did is so lovely! More! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    "BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!"

for being Featured for Mother Bates in Hydra's Halloween Showcase, Hidehi!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Goodness Hidehi! I had to hunt down a way to come and congratulate you, Lol!

I left a FR on your page, because when I went to leave a post for you there, I couldn't do it and I realized we weren't actually friends! Oversight on my part, I thought we already were, lol! :lol:

• Options
    edited October 2013
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hidehi, Congrats on the 2 features! Very well deserved! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Love both your Flea Market and Mother Bates. Recommended both. Great job! *Hugs* :D