Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Danger's Sabbatical Lottery

So, in case you didn't notice, I've been gone for like two weeks(!). Life been busy and that jazz, someone died, I got a new puppy, craziness. ANYWAY, this isn't about me. This is about you.

I missed A LOT while I was gone. Like I have literally not a clue about what is happening in the Simsverse right now or in youverse either. Apparently new things are happening with the Sims 4? You can pre-order this 🐸🐸🐸🐸 now?! WHAT?! Is there a trailer for this tomfoolery?

See, I'm clueless!!

So this lottery is to help me regain what I lost during my sabbatical. I have 2000 points to throw at people. All you have to do to enter? Tell me what's been going on in the past two weeks. Haha. Yup, I'm that lazy. That I will literally bribe you with simpoints. Muahahahahah.

Okay, so I'm not that lazy. I'm actually of the ADHD persuasion and sending me on a trip through time and interwebs space to figure this out on my own will result in another two week sabbatical before I resurface after all of the distractions. So this is like my cheat sheet.

HELP ME CHEAT!
Hi. I'm Danger. I like spaceships, Pringles, and cats. I dislike fruits and vegetables, sunlight, and the motion picture Titanic. I do not own a sword, nor do I know how to draw unicorns. As you can see, I don't have much to offer the world.

Comments

• Options
    DangerDangerDangerDanger Posts: 5,327 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm keeping track of my points throwing here.

I'm keeping track of my points throwing here.

|||Peep|||Amount|||Remainding Balance

1. TheLessy ||| 75 sps |||| 1925

2. TKBluebasketball ||| 45 Sps ||| 1880

3. Hello(numbers) ||| 64 sps ||| 1816

4. Swampperson ||| 45 sps ||| 1771

5. Ivanna420 ||| 75 sps ||| 1696

6. Jackiemalek2 ||| 75 sps ||| 1621

7. Wensimmie ||| 75 sps ||| 1546

8. Deviantunicorn ||| 100 sps ||| 1446

9. Ivanna420 ||| 75 sps ||| 1371

10. Wensimmie ||| 50 sps ||| 1321

11. Minnie64 ||| 25 sps ||| 1296

12. Trishanne1987 ||| 25 sps ||| 1271

13. DeviantUnicorn ||| 75 sps ||| 1196

14. Smilzpretty ||| 100 sps ||| 1096

15. Deviant Unicorn ||| 45 sps ||| 1051

16. Pixiegamer ||| 25 sps ||| 1026

17. Ra345 ||| 75 sps ||| 951

18. Alitoni ||| 75 sps ||| 876

19. Swampperson ||| 75 sps ||| 801

20. Yz2907 ||| 100 sps ||| 701
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Hi. I'm Danger. I like spaceships, Pringles, and cats. I dislike fruits and vegetables, sunlight, and the motion picture Titanic. I do not own a sword, nor do I know how to draw unicorns. As you can see, I don't have much to offer the world.
  • Options
    ThelessyThelessy Posts: 1,764 Member
    edited August 2013
    Yes there is a sims 4 website and everything, here. There are trailers and things. Apparently you can edit body types and walk styles for sims in sims 4 which is cool.
    http://www.thesims.com/the-sims-4

Welcome back Danger!
  • Options
    tkbluebasketballtkbluebasketball Posts: 4,495 Member
    edited August 2013
    http://live-event.ea.com/gamescom/

You missed Gamescon of course! Lol!(: Lots of new interesting stuff coming out! Enjoy(:

I missed your comedian jokes around here so welcome back! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Hello83433Hello83433 Posts: 3,403 Member
    edited August 2013
    Welcome back danger!

Yeah, there's trailers and live plays and a website and all that jazz up on oh I see Thesly has already provided the link! Good doggy, (you're not an evil puppy inside are you?) anyways, a Movie Stuff pack is going to be released soon(not sue when but its on the home page of this site) I'm looking forward to that. GG has been active(per usual) and life is great in the sims 3 Community :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

And I will wear pink tomorrow :wink::wink:
    403046191195314s.jpg
  • Options
    swamppersonswampperson Posts: 398 New Member
    edited August 2013
    The forums have been eerily quiet for awhile...I think everyone has traveled over to the sims 4 thread and expressedd their anger there! Hahaha
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The forums have been eerily quiet for awhile...I think everyone has traveled over to the sims 4 thread and expressedd their anger there! Hahaha

Oh no!!! Why is there anger?!
  • Options
    Ivanna420Ivanna420 Posts: 5,432 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hiya Danger! I noticed you were gone. The only thing I can really tell you about is that there are a couple of interesting contests, that if you aren't up to anything else, are at least worthy of lurking. This one is hosted by Whatsociallife and has some gorgeous entries already and a fun premise. Here's it's link: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/698464.page

Then there's this contest. It's being hosted by Dayshatw. It has a very unusual premise and I think this one will be fun just to watch. Here's it's link: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/707406.page

And lastly there's mine. It's a little slow getting started, but I hope it will pick up soon. I'm open to advice on how to increase the interest. Here's that thread: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/705376.page

I haven't gotten out much, as you can tell. I'm still wandering around trying to catch up a little myself....lol

Hope this helps. I know probably not what you were looking for, but all I've got a the moment.
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Every little bit helps Ivanna! If you're having to catch up like I am, you know what it's like trying to make sense of pages and pages and pages of new posts that have been made while you've been away! LOL. I need an abridged version, for sure.
  • Options
    JACKIEMALEK2JACKIEMALEK2 Posts: 1,472 Member
    edited August 2013
    welcome back danger i can't really help on what is going on because i am usually lost myself but i wanted to say welcome back you were missed alot big hugs :mrgreen:
  • Options
    wensimmiewensimmie Posts: 1,750 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi Danger

Here are some photos of the new Simmies:

angry.jpg

flirty2.jpg

sims4sims.jpg

We should get more info on Thursday.

We haven't seen any pictures of babies, toddlers, teens or elders.

Create-a-style MAY not exist in Sims 4
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    @Wensimmie

Nice pics! Though those sims look like they were ripped out of a Pixar movie. And not like the newer ones, like the older crappy ones. Is that why people are mad?

And if that's the way that emotions really look in the game, that's going to be lame. Like thank you, game, for telling me my fuming sim is angry or my eyebrow-wraggling sim is feeling flirty. I never would have guessed that.

I HAVE EYEBALLS EA!!! DURRRRRRR.
  • Options
    DEVIANTUNICORNDEVIANTUNICORN Posts: 590 New Member
    edited August 2013
    SimGuruPopTart is hosting a discussion thread about the newly released Sims 4 trailers, in which she's randomly gifting posters over here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/707568.page

Here is a handy link cheat sheet to the new Sims 4 videos:

"Arrival" - http://youtu.be/WLmN1D1P2RI

Gameplay First Look - http://youtu.be/WjPPjU8OARg

And this is the GamesCom press conference video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeEIjJ9yMuc&feature=share&list=UUFXKLSrT-4-Mf5TRqv40rgw

I'm going to poke around to get you more links from current/upcoming contests!

tallcoolone is hosting a "Complete Your Set" Lottery here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/707676.page

tkbluebasketball's "India Cultural Lotto!" is in its last... hours? It ends at 8/20/13 on 11:59 pm, and the winner receives the new "Dreams of India" set! There is an Indian culture questionnaire, so if you want to enter, enter quickly! http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/706168.page

Mea_93 has started a "Home is Where the Mess is" building contest here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/706574.page

And SimonSimpson has a pretty complex (in terms of rules and restrictions) "I Am Legend" Family and Home Contest, which looks challenging and fun: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/705492.page

If you aren't in the mood to build a super messy house or a post-apocalyptic landscape underground bunker house, then check out this Island Paradise Beach House building contest hosted by GreenDream19, tkbluebasketball, and Temerald7667: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/699354.page

Lastly, Nanatorium and Ra345 are having a forum wedding, which looks like a fantastic time: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/706182.page
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Ivanna420Ivanna420 Posts: 5,432 Member
    edited August 2013
    First, I can't believe I didn't say it earlier, so WELCOME BACK! Heck, I can be here every single day and still be lost by all the thread movement...lol :wink:
    140820-HBmsSZamsz7b.gif
  • Options
    wensimmiewensimmie Posts: 1,750 Member
    edited August 2013
    @Wensimmie

Nice pics! Though those sims look like they were ripped out of a Pixar movie. And not like the newer ones, like the older crappy ones. Is that why people are mad?

I nearly cried when I first saw them last week. I expected something more advanced/cooler.

The emotions aspect may be interesting. Food, decor, and other things will affect them. Some people are worried that our Sims will be harder to control - especially if we select a picture that makes them "flirty" or play a piece of music that sends them into a deep dark depression.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Right?!?!?? I used to feel out of it when I'd just miss a day or two. Now that I'm missing two weeks, I feel like I'm on a different planet. Ahhhhhhh!
  • Options
    minnie64minnie64 Posts: 424 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hey welcome back Danger! I missed your 10 questions about you game. You missed a whole lot of Sims 4 stuff while you were gone, but everyone ^^ there covered that. Meanwhile, I played Sims for days until my eyes crossed and husband begged me to bathe. Then I napped. And finally got to doing my overly procrastinated homework tonight.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Hoodenanny DEVIANTUNICORN. You're like a handy dandy personal Palm Pilot. Any of you childrens who don't know what that is need to get off my lawn! Just kiddings. :)

Thank you! Keep cranking dat funky music Indeterminate Race Gender.
  • Options
    trishaanne1987trishaanne1987 Posts: 834 Member
    edited August 2013
    Well I can't really say much as it seems everyone has covered all the new stuff that I know about! But I will say I dislike the look of TS4! They are way too cartoony and look like they have a chunk of clay on their head for hair, I am not impressed as I have been seeing not a lot of people are. But more importantly, Welcome back! :D
    Sig01_zps4e22d2d0.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Hoodenanny DEVIANTUNICORN. You're like a handy dandy personal Palm Pilot. Any of you childrens who don't know what that is need to get off my lawn! Just kiddings. :)

Haha, no problem! I didn't include completed contests, just the current and ongoing forum happenings that are on my radar. Hopefully something caught your eye! Or scanning device.

Bleep bloop blorp. (That seems age/race/gender neutral and Palm Pilot-y, doesn't it?)
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Haha, no problem! I didn't include completed contests, just the current and ongoing forum happenings that are on my radar. Hopefully something caught your eye! Or scanning device.

Bleep bloop blorp. (That seems age/race/gender neutral and Palm Pilot-y, doesn't it?)

I just laughed so hard at that, that it should be illegal.

I'm easily amused. ;)
  • Options
    SmilzPrettySmilzPretty Posts: 5,143 Member
    edited August 2013
    GznnJ.gif <--- Click (right clicking doesn't count as a click)
    Acts 20:35- it IS more blessed to give than to receive
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I'm easily amused. ;)

EAC: Easily Amused Club! I'm also a member.

Also, I forgot one (and probably loads more)! ELIROC's contest challenges contestants to make a house, with or without (non-household) ghosts, that is suitable for haunting or creepy in some way... and write a story about why it is just that! It definitely looks like a good time, just make sure you read all the rules before diving into a build: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/706778.page
  • Options
    pixiegamerpixiegamer Posts: 1,729 Member
    edited August 2013
    Welcome back~ :D

No one seems to have mentioned this yet, and I *think* this came out only a few days ago, so here it is! Origin/EA has teamed up with the Humble Bundle (a website which promotes games and donates proceeds from the purchases to charity), so you can get six Origin/(some) Steam-enabled games for whatever price you want. Paying more than the average donation price allows the buyer to get the Sims 3 Starter Pack, which comes with codes for Late Night, HELS, and for the Date Night clothing set (which coincidentally happens to be on sale this week) in addition to the base game. And it's available internationally! Pretty good deal for ~5 USD. :)

I'm on the fence about getting it. On one hand, I don't really want LN or HELS or Date Night, but on the other hand, they're dirt cheap and my money goes to charity...
    Getting back into TS3! :smile:
  • Options
    Ra345Ra345 Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited August 2013
    Welcome Back!

I wondered where you had gone off to! I'm glad all is well with you. I don't know much about The Sims 4 myself - but I do know you missed the beginning of Nana and I getting married!

Slasher had a pretty epic game over the weekend, Daysha is starting "Trapped Inside", and a few other cool things have been going on too! You'll catch up, no worries :D
  • Options
    AlitoniAlitoni Posts: 2,473 Member
    edited August 2013
    Welcome back, D2!! You were definitely missed. Drop by the wedding thread to enter Wedding Danger HERE; and Ms Red has a new kitteh that she's been posting pics of around here somewhere.

Again, welcome back! :wink: