Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WORST Trailer Ever!!!

Comments

• Options
    CaecusLacrimaCaecusLacrima Posts: 803 Member
    edited August 2013
    People who make personal attacks on others who LIKE or don't like something are sheep.

You kill me. Just saving this here for everyone to see.

You called me a sheep for LIKING something. You may not think you started the attack, but you still attempted to insult me, which I do see as an attack. Therefore, by your own words, you are a sheep.
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited August 2013
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Oops! Also meant to add that I hadn't realized that was the street date for the magazine. I guess this wasn't a leak after all, I'd just heard all the chatter about leaked images and then heard a magazine was involved.

LOL this is what happens when I go away for 5 days.
    I did not know about the leaks either. The first thing I saw was the magazine articles. I thought every thing was official because it was basically the same information.
  • Options
    xVeexVee Posts: 2,061 New Member
    edited August 2013
    People who make personal attacks on others who LIKE or don't like something are sheep.

You called me a sheep for LIKING something. You may not think you started the attack, but you still attempted to insult me, which I do see as an attack. Therefore, by your own words, you are a sheep.

I can't bring myself to leave this thread... lol.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

You made the personal attacks on me for not liking the trailer. Therefore, by my definition you are a sheep and you are trolling. You are getting my thread way off course which is supposed to be about the trailer. This has nothing to do with your opinion of the trailer. You did not state your opinion, you basically called me dramatic and a teenager.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2013
    I hated the trailer. It showed nothing and looked cheezy. It was not exciting and it did not have anything to offer other than showing how the new Sims looked. EA do better next time.

The Sims 4 "Arrival" Official Trailer:
    http://youtu.be/WLmN1D1P2RI

Agreed and the sims part of the trailer was way too short.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited August 2013
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Sugarysim wrote:
    Teenagers.....so over dramatic. Got to love them :D
    There weren't any teenagers in the trailer. Those Sims were all young adults.

I think you missed the point, love.
    The Sims looked like teenagers?

Still missing it, I'm afraid.
    Why are you coming in here trying to start a flame war? If the trailer doesn't have to do with teenagers, they should not be mentioned. The whole point people are trying to make is that with The Sims 2 and 3 we received more information in the first trailer about the different age groups and what they showed us in this trailer was pure ***.

With this trailer it seems as though EA expects us just to hand them our money because it has The Sims logo on it.
    See my post above.
    Well, just blindly give your money to EA and become their sheep. The rest of us have an opinion.

So does everybody who happens to like the trailer. Just because you do not like something does not mean that anyone who does is a sheep. I loathe Apple with a passion because I do not agree with their business model nor the fact that they seem to think it is OK to sue other companies over a design style that wasn't theirs in the first place, however I do not go around effectively flaming people who happen to like Apple products.
    I have no problem with people liking the trailer. People who make personal attacks on others who like or don't like something are sheep. I did not issue any person attacks on anyone in my OP. The person referred to me as a teenager and then you referred to me as someone who is too young to play the game.

Trailers are marketing tools. You may think of them as fun videos to watch but they are commercials. Trailers are made to sell a product through stimulting emotions to the target audience. If you like the trailer better than the other trailers that we have had, defend why, without making personal attacks on me. If you like it, create your own thread why.

Compared with all the hype we had for this trailer and the trailers we saw for the previous installments of the series, I think this trailer is the worst trailer. It showed basically nothing.

Had you read my comment you would have also noticed that I mentioned it was mean and that was why I waited as long as I did to bring it up.

To be frank with you the fact that it took you so long to cotton on to the obvious (I got it straight away and I wasn't even the person it was directed at) combined with your general manner of posting up until now (I see you have conveniently changed your posting style to something more befitting your age) gave me the impression that you were indeed too young to have bought the game yourself.

I have also pointed out on several occasions now that there is more than one trailer and that I agreed with your general notion that the trailer was terrible UNTIL I saw the second trailer which showed more of the gameplay. You however seem to have either missed the repeated mentions of this second trailer or you are just conveniently ignoring it so you can continue complaining about how bad it was and justify insulting others who state that they actually liked the look of the game.

Perhaps you don't express yourself very well and that can't be helped - I myself can have a rather blunt and opinionated manner of posting that I'm sure you've noticed even when I'm trying to be nice, but in those situations you have to expect that some people are going to misinterpret what you meant. This is the internet, we're dependant upon the written word and emoticons, unfortunately we can't always gauge the general 'tone' of a post because there is no voice to give us clues.

To be honest I wouldn't even care if you DID hate both trailers - that's your opinion but right now I'm seeing a lot of rant-style whining and very little justification of why you think the trailer/s are bad which is again something a child would do. Hence my earlier misconception.

If you believe I was out of order that's fair enough and I'll even apologise but I am an honest person and I was just giving you my honest perception of how you were coming across to me.
  • Options
    VIRGINQUEENVIRGINQUEEN Posts: 89 New Member
    edited August 2013
    how many trailer do new sims game normally have before release.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    NaeRay wrote:
    Umm i dont agree your over dramatic. but i do wish to know what that trailer was supposed to teach us. what the sims look like? we kinda already knew that. hopefully we'll see ALOT more on the 22nd.
    I can't believe people think this trailer is up to par with the trailers from:

The Sims
    The Sims 2
    The Sims 3

I have the same questions you have.
    All of those trailers were greatly exaggerated and full of interactions that weren't in the games so would you rather EA make a pretty unrealistic trailer that shows off fake gameplay or would you rather EA give you a simple one showing how the sims look and their emotions?
    All trailers released months before the game show things that may are may not happen during gameplay. The game is not final so they have time to make changes. They can cut things and add others. This goes for any game.

The trailer they released barely showed the Sims and their emotions. The Sims were shown at the end of the trailer. We don't know if this was fake or not because they added graphics to real life video footage. It mostly showed real people.

I would've rather saw a trailer that showed only the game and not real people. If it did show real people, it should have been funny.

With The Sims 2 trailer, we don't know how much would've been in the game because EA had a fire and lost most of the work on the orginal game. Even though the trailer was different from what finally got released, it was still well done and showed the game.
  • Options
    edited August 2013

You made the personal attacks on me for not liking the trailer. Therefore, by my definition you are a sheep and you are trolling. You are getting my thread way off course which is supposed to be about the trailer. This has nothing to do with your opinion of the trailer. You did not state your opinion, you basically called me dramatic and a teenager.

Missing the point, once again. Meh, I'm bored now. It was fun while it lasted, but there's only so much of your ignorance that I can withstand, and you're starting to sound like a broken record. Toodleloo!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    NaeRay wrote:
    Umm i dont agree your over dramatic. but i do wish to know what that trailer was supposed to teach us. what the sims look like? we kinda already knew that. hopefully we'll see ALOT more on the 22nd.

The Sims
    The Sims 2
    The Sims 3

All of those trailers were greatly exaggerated and full of interactions that weren't in the games so would you rather EA make a pretty unrealistic trailer that shows off fake gameplay or would you rather EA give you a simple one showing how the sims look and their emotions?
    All trailers released months before the game show things that may are may not happen during gameplay. The game is not final so they have time to make changes. They can cut things and add others. This goes for any game.

The trailer they released barely showed the Sims and their emotions. The Sims were shown at the end of the trailer. We don't know if this was fake or not because they added graphics to real life video footage. It mostly showed real people.

I would've rather saw a trailer that showed only the game and not real people. If it did show real people, it should have been funny.

With The Sims 2 trailer, we don't know how much would've been in the game because EA had a fire and lost most of the work on the orginal game. Even though the trailer was different from what finally got released, it was still well done and showed the game.

Again, there is a SECOND trailer which involves actual gameplay. I'm sure I (or someone else) even linked it in this thread. I'll link it again now:-

http://youtu.be/WjPPjU8OARg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2013
    Well I don't know if it's in but most likely it is. I liked the cheek kiss the female sim did with the male sim.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Sugarysim wrote:
    Teenagers.....so over dramatic. Got to love them :D
    There weren't any teenagers in the trailer. Those Sims were all young adults.

I think you missed the point, love.
    The Sims looked like teenagers?

Still missing it, I'm afraid.
    Why are you coming in here trying to start a flame war? If the trailer doesn't have to do with teenagers, they should not be mentioned. The whole point people are trying to make is that with The Sims 2 and 3 we received more information in the first trailer about the different age groups and what they showed us in this trailer was pure ***.

With this trailer it seems as though EA expects us just to hand them our money because it has The Sims logo on it.
    See my post above.
    Well, just blindly give your money to EA and become their sheep. The rest of us have an opinion.

So does everybody who happens to like the trailer. Just because you do not like something does not mean that anyone who does is a sheep. I loathe Apple with a passion because I do not agree with their business model nor the fact that they seem to think it is OK to sue other companies over a design style that wasn't theirs in the first place, however I do not go around effectively flaming people who happen to like Apple products.
    I have no problem with people liking the trailer. People who make personal attacks on others who like or don't like something are sheep. I did not issue any person attacks on anyone in my OP. The person referred to me as a teenager and then you referred to me as someone who is too young to play the game.

Trailers are marketing tools. You may think of them as fun videos to watch but they are commercials. Trailers are made to sell a product through stimulting emotions to the target audience. If you like the trailer better than the other trailers that we have had, defend why, without making personal attacks on me. If you like it, create your own thread why.

Compared with all the hype we had for this trailer and the trailers we saw for the previous installments of the series, I think this trailer is the worst trailer. It showed basically nothing.

Had you read my comment you would have also noticed that I mentioned it was mean and that was why I waited as long as I did to bring it up.

To be frank with you the fact that it took you so long to cotton on to the obvious (I got it straight away and I wasn't even the person it was directed at) combined with your general manner of posting up until now (I see you have conveniently changed your posting style to something more befitting your age) gave me the impression that you were indeed too young to have bought the game yourself.

I have also pointed out on several occasions now that there is more than one trailer and that I agreed with your general notion that the trailer was terrible UNTIL I saw the second trailer which showed more of the gameplay. You however seem to have either missed the repeated mentions of this second trailer or you are just conveniently ignoring it so you can continue complaining about how bad it was and justify insulting others who state that they actually liked the look of the game.

Perhaps you don't express yourself very well and that can't be helped - I myself can have a rather blunt and opinionated manner of posting that I'm sure you've noticed even when I'm trying to be nice, but in those situations you have to expect that some people are going to misinterpret what you meant. This is the internet, we're dependant upon the written word and emoticons, unfortunately we can't always gauge the general 'tone' of a post because there is no voice to give us clues.

To be honest I wouldn't even care if you DID hate both trailers - that's your opinion but right now I'm seeing a lot of rant-style whining and very little justification of why you think the trailer/s are bad which is again something a child would do. Hence my earlier misconception.

If you believe I was out of order that's fair enough and I'll even apologise but I am an honest person and I was just giving you my honest perception of how you were coming across to me.
    I was not expecting a personal attack on myself which is why I did not get the point she was making. I actually thought I missed something or she missed something in the trailer. I actually rewatched the trailer and was peeved when I found out it was a personal attack. I am doing more than one thing at once so I am missing posts and not making very long posts on my opinion on the trailer. The person who could have attacked me could have asked me why and I would've given an honest answer. Just because someone is concise and straight to the point does not mean they are a child or being bratty.
  • Options
    pegasas1993pegasas1993 Posts: 4,856 Member
    edited August 2013
    WORST Thread Ever!!!

One of those :lol:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Darkslayer wrote:
    NaeRay wrote:

The Sims
    The Sims 2
    The Sims 3

Again, there is a SECOND trailer which involves actual gameplay. I'm sure I (or someone else) even linked it in this thread. I'll link it again now:-

I know there is a second trailer. I watched both of them. I am talking about the first trailer I added the link to. The first look at the game. The trailer that is probably going to be on TV because it is short.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Darkslayer wrote:
    NaeRay wrote:

The Sims
    The Sims 2
    The Sims 3

I know there is a second trailer. I watched both of them. I am talking about the first trailer I added the link to. The first look at the game. The trailer that is probably going to be on TV because it is short.

But then you stressed that people who are going to buy the game based off such a shoddy trailer are just sheep who will buy anything with the EA logo on it which is why I was making such a point about there being a second trailer.

It was only when you were called out on the sheep comment that you defined it as the people that had made personal attacks on you which actually is not the definition of what a 'sheep' is so it felt like a rather poor way of justifying what was basically an insult towards anyone who happened to like the look of the game based upon what was seen in both trailers.

I'm pretty sure had the first trailer been the only one released there would be far more people agreeing with you but there wasn't and your decision to ignore it just so you can continue complaining about how bad the first one was is, to me, downright odd.
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited August 2013
    we need a trailer that confirm if there are other life stages and if it open or non open world.

Good god. :roll:

You've got to be kidding me! Do you really think that there won't be any other life stages? Absolutely ridiculous...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    kirby356 wrote:
    we need a trailer that confirm if there are other life stages and if it open or non open world.

Good god. :roll:

You've got to be kidding me! Do you really think that there won't be any other life stages? Absolutely ridiculous...

Given the way EA treated life stages in TS3 it would not be all that surprising to see that they were removed all together though.

But, this is unlikely to happen.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Since I've spent so much time in this thread already, I might as well post something relevant.

I didn't get my hopes up for today, I knew there would only be a trailer and I really only expected a 2 minute thing, not the 6+ we actually got. So that was a pleasant surprise. I like the whole friendly 'invasion' thing going on. I doubt the actual animations are in the game, but I like how the Sims look mostly like their in-game counterparts.

The Sims 4 Has Landed trailer

I was extremely surprised that we were shown this much in the trailer. We're always going to want to see more than they show us, but that's not a sensible idea from their point of view. They need to keep things back to release later on and surprise us, and keep us interested. If they release every little tidbit now, we'll have nothing to look forward to later on.

First of all, I love the look of CAS. I remember when I fist saw TS3 CAS, I thought I'd be able mimic people's looks and have celebrities in game and such, but to my disappointment, CAS was actually quite limited. You can already see the diversity in the TS4 Sims from the clips and videos provided, this is very promising to me.

I love that you can also choose HOW your Sim walks, because it means that Sims will show more individuality when out and about in the neighborhood.They will no longer all move the same way, and will hopefully look a little more natural.

The new build mode has got me very interested and no more sparkles, I believe! Did anyone notice that you can build the walls with the foundation, and not have to lay the foundation first? I wonder if they've figured out a way to add ground level walls to foundation walls, wouldn't that be dream come true? And I love that we can finally pick up an entire room, decor and all, and move it. Quite often I've built a house only to realize that I need to move the house or room over a little bit. This new tool will help a LOT.

By the looks of the 'confident', 'flirty', 'furious' emotion icons etc. The new UI that we saw is quite possibly sticking around, and personally, I am happy with that. I think it's time for a change.

Did you see Ollie's lip-quiver? Aww, that made me feel sorry for him, but want to laugh at the same time. I think the emotions are going to be a lot of fun. Also, I think the rocket ship can be built rather than bought, it's probably the result of a level 10 Science career or something.

Gameplay Trailer

Overall, I like what I've seen, but I'm still waiting on more info. Can't wait for Thursday now, I just hope they don't give ITF more screen time than TS4.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Darkslayer wrote:
    NaeRay wrote:

The Sims
    The Sims 2
    The Sims 3

But then you stressed that people who are going to buy the game based off such a shoddy trailer are just sheep who will buy anything with the EA logo on it which is why I was making such a point about there being a second trailer.

It was only when you were called out on the sheep comment that you defined it as the people that had made personal attacks on you which actually is not the definition of what a 'sheep' is so it felt like a rather poor way of justifying what was basically an insult towards anyone who happened to like the look of the game based upon what was seen in both trailers.

I'm pretty sure had the first trailer been the only one released there would be far more people agreeing with you but there wasn't and your decision to ignore it just so you can continue complaining about how bad the first one was is, to me, downright odd.
    I was referring to the people who were making personal attack on me, not everyone in the world. If people like the trailer then they liked it but I thought it was terrible. At this point it does not matter because they left the thread.

They will probably release a third and fourth trailer too. The first trailer is the first look at the game which is why it is important. We did not get to see other ages, lighting effects, etc. For the money EA spent on the trailer, it got ripped off.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited August 2013
    kirby356 wrote:

Actually, someone has speculated -- speculated only, mind you -- in another thread that he/she wouldn't be surprised if EA leaves out babies/toddlers/children in the base game and only introduces them in an expansion pack for... wait for it! ... more money.

Given how they continue to wait literally years to give us basic weather, that wouldn't surprise me one iota.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Stdlr9 wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:

Actually, someone has speculated -- speculated only, mind you -- in another thread that he/she wouldn't be surprised if EA leaves out babies/toddlers/children in the base game and only introduces them in an expansion pack for... wait for it! ... more money.

Given how they continue to wait literally years to give us basic weather, that wouldn't surprise me one iota.

I seriously doubt it, they would have a riot on their hands and lose money. I reckon most people, myself included - would boycott the game until other ages were included. It would be beyond a stupid move for EA and everyone involved.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited August 2013

I was referring to the people who were making personal attack on me, not everyone in the world. If people like the trailer then they liked it but I thought it was terrible. At this point it does not matter because they left the thread.

They will probably release a third and fourth trailer too. The first trailer is the first look at the game which is why it is important. We did not get to see other ages, lighting effects, etc. For the money EA spent on the trailer, it got ripped off.

I would shed crocodile tears for you, but I honestly think that you should learn the difference between a personal attack and an offhand comment. Anyone else would have realized that the term referred to them and not to the trailer itself. The fact that you didn't and had to have people explain that the word "teenagers" referred to you, doesn't demonstrate to *me* that the person making that remark was deliberately trying to be a troll, OR that she was trolling your thread.

As usual, you're guilty of doing what you generally do: making a mountain out of a molehill and making the thread All About You.

As for the trailer itself, I thought it was amusing and fun.

So,Baaa...baby....baaa!!!
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    edited August 2013
    Stdlr9 wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:

I seriously doubt it, they would have a riot on their hands and lose money. I reckon most people, myself included - would boycott the game until other ages were included. It would be beyond a stupid move for EA and everyone involved.

Well, I think the launch of SimCity (online only, crashing servers, small city size, etc.) was beyond stupid for EA, but they did it anyway.

Believe me, I most certainly hope the base game of TS4 includes all ages and looks much better at launch than it does now. No one would be happier! :D
  • Options
    BeatBoxMyHeartBeatBeatBoxMyHeartBeat Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I think the trailer was actually pretty exciting, especially after seeing the llamas, social bunny costume, and possibly Claire the bear! I really hope this means we'll be getting back all the fun and quirkiness of the Sims.
  • Options
    ColorMePinkColorMePink Posts: 5,810 Member
    edited August 2013
    I hated the trailer. It showed nothing and looked cheezy. It was not exciting and it did not have anything to offer other than showing how the new Sims looked. EA do better next time.

The Sims 4 "Arrival" Official Trailer:
    http://youtu.be/WLmN1D1P2RI
    lol It was kind of cheesy. I agree with you. :-o

I didn't bother to read all the fighting, but everyone is entitled to their opinion. Happy for those who like it, but it's not my taste.