Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WORST Trailer Ever!!!

SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
edited August 2015 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I hated the trailer. It showed nothing and looked cheezy. It was not exciting and it did not have anything to offer other than showing how the new Sims looked. EA do better next time.

The Sims 4 "Arrival" Official Trailer:
http://youtu.be/WLmN1D1P2RI
Post edited by SweetieTreats on

Comments

• Options
    VIRGINQUEENVIRGINQUEEN Posts: 89 New Member
    edited August 2013
    we need a trailer that confirm if there are other life stages and if it open or non open world.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    we need a trailer that confirm if there are other life stages and if it open or non open world.
    I know they will have other trailers to show more but for that to be the first trailer, it was embarassing. I think the Sims 3 trailer showed more than one age and the first Sims 2 trailer showed more than one age.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    edited August 2013
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited August 2013
    I know they will have other trailers to show more but for that to be the first trailer, it was embarassing. I think the first Sims 3 trailer showed more than one age and I know for sure the first Sims 2 trailer showed more than one age.

The difference is that the age groups were the gimmick for TS2. Before then our gameplay had been incredibly limited to adults and children who could not age and babies that had a whopping three interactions so naturally they wanted to sell the fact that suddenly aging would play a massive part in the gameplay.

Then TS3 happened and EA seemed to forget that there were other ages and genders besides YA / A Females lol.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    MadameLee wrote:
    This post again confirms it was the worst trailer ever.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Darkslayer wrote:
    I know they will have other trailers to show more but for that to be the first trailer, it was embarassing. I think the first Sims 3 trailer showed more than one age and I know for sure the first Sims 2 trailer showed more than one age.

The difference is that the age groups were the gimmick for TS2. Before then our gameplay had been incredibly limited to adults and children who could not age and babies that had a whopping three interactions so naturally they wanted to sell the fact that suddenly aging would play a massive part in the gameplay.

Then TS3 happened and EA seemed to forget that there were other ages and genders besides YA / A Females lol.
    I am going to edit my post but the trailer does show more than one age group. This trailer sucks. Are we only getting YA Sims with substance again?
  • Options
    simsacesimsace Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited August 2013
    if your talking about the first part than A thats a teaser not a trailer and B the reason they didn't show anything new in the trailer, is because they didn't plan for the whole sims 4 leak to happen! obveously we wouldn't see that much new content. they can't just replan an event because a leak happened.
  • Options
    CaecusLacrimaCaecusLacrima Posts: 803 Member
    edited August 2013
    WORST Thread Ever!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    simsace wrote:
    if your talking about the first part than A thats a teaser not a trailer and B the reason they didn't show anything new in the trailer, is because they didn't plan for the whole sims 4 leak to happen! obveously we wouldn't see that much new content. they can't just replan an event because a leak happened.
    I did not see the leaked trailer. Today was my first time seeing the trailer and it sucked.
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited August 2013
    WORST Thread Ever!!!
    :thumbsup:
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    SugarysimSugarysim Posts: 440 Member
    edited August 2013
    Teenagers.....so over dramatic. Got to love them :D
    E6Gi2HA.png
  • Options
    simsacesimsace Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited August 2013
    simsace wrote:
    I did not see the leaked trailer. Today was my first time seeing the trailer and it sucked.

there was no leaked trailer, we had everything BUT the trailer leaked. why would you expect new information when everything they were planning to reveal got leaked?!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Darkslayer wrote:

I am going to edit my post but the trailer does show more than one age group. This trailer sucks. Are we only getting YA Sims with substance again?

Who knows? Given what I saw with TS3 it would not surprise me if they did do away with the other generations completely. Quite frankly as I mentioned in another thread I'm amazed there are even male sims in this game.

But at the same time no one has actually stated that there will not be any other age stages and I think removing them at this point would hurt them massively. The Sims is a life simulation game and there have been some form of age / generation elements right from day one that, up until TS3, were being worked upon and advanced.

There is a second trailer which is here:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjPPjU8OARg#at=11

This has completely turned my opinion around and I am actually rather looking forward to the game provided that the gameplay is deep and meaningful. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt at the minute but I must admit with that UI and general gameplay style it feels a bit like one of those free to play games you'd get on a tablet which I'm still a bit wary about.
  • Options
    XesianXesian Posts: 441 Member
    edited August 2013
    A bit too quick to judge here. You missed the gameplay trailer. One from in game but edited of course so you don't see everything yet.

Also they forgot to mention that moods affect skill building.
  • Options
    VIRGINQUEENVIRGINQUEEN Posts: 89 New Member
    edited August 2013
    compare to that sims 3 trailer the one at game.com was pretty rubbish for sims 4.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    compare to that sims 3 trailer the one at game.com was pretty rubbish for sims 4.

Yeah I have no idea why GAME would upload the obviously pre-rendered trailer that actually dedicated more time to real life individuals than it did the sims but then again this is a company that had to be bailed out of administration so I'm thinking they aren't exactly in tune with their customers / audience.

I was so against this game until someone linked me to the gameplay trailer and I have to say now, while I'm still vary wary because I know what EA are like, it's looking promising!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    simsace wrote:
    simsace wrote:

there was no leaked trailer, we had everything BUT the trailer leaked. why would you expect new information when everything they were planning to reveal got leaked?!
    I don't understand what you are talking about. SimGuruPopTart added a sticky for both trailers at the top of this thread today. Other than the magazine pictures people posted there was noting I saw that was really leaked. What leaked information are you talking about?
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited August 2013
    simsace wrote:

:thumbup:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Sugarysim wrote:
    There weren't any teenagers in the trailer. Those Sims were all young adults.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Personally I always find it odd how these leaks supposedly happen. It seems that with every new game EA are due to release concerning The Sims there is always someone who leaks a portion of the information to the public.

On more than one occasion I've had to ask myself if these so-called leaks are actually intentional as a ploy to raise early hype about what was otherwise going to be an extremely lacklustre presentation. I mean you would think that if there is some muppet working at your company who is happily leaving sensitive information about a new game all over the place that they would be fired but yet it seems to happen year upon year, release upon release. It's gotten to a point where I actually expect to know most of the information before the official announcement of said information.

I mean let's face it, EA aren't exactly known for producing well thought out and put together 'previews' in the past. Look at what happened with the latest live chat disaster.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Sugarysim wrote:

I think you missed the point, love.
  • Options
    xVeexVee Posts: 2,061 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Sugarysim wrote:

I nearly died laughing here.

Omg. Ow. Stitch in my side.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Sugarysim wrote:

The Sims looked like teenagers?
  • Options
    xVeexVee Posts: 2,061 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Sugarysim wrote:

I... just... no.

I shall spell it out.

She is saying that people posting in this forum act as teenagers and take everything at face value and overreact and exaggerate and well, make themselves look foolish - and maybe even spoiled and slightly self-righteous.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Sugarysim wrote:

Still missing it, I'm afraid.