Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WORST Trailer Ever!!!

Comments

• SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    edited August 2013
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Personally I always find it odd how these leaks supposedly happen. It seems that with every new game EA are due to release concerning The Sims there is always someone who leaks a portion of the information to the public.

On more than one occasion I've had to ask myself if these so-called leaks are actually intentional as a ploy to raise early hype about what was otherwise going to be an extremely lacklustre presentation. I mean you would think that if there is some muppet working at your company who is happily leaving sensitive information about a new game all over the place that they would be fired but yet it seems to happen year upon year, release upon release. It's gotten to a point where I actually expect to know most of the information before the official announcement of said information.

I mean let's face it, EA aren't exactly known for producing well thought out and put together 'previews' in the past. Look at what happened with the latest live chat disaster.
    I don't know what information was leaked because all I saw was magazine pictures from people who stated they bought the magazines. Most of the information from the magazines was repetative. I would not consider these leaks because EA knows around the time that information would be released. They also know what they were going to show at Gamescom and who their audience is.
    edited August 2013
    Sugarysim wrote:
    Teenagers.....so over dramatic. Got to love them :D
    There weren't any teenagers in the trailer. Those Sims were all young adults.

I think you missed the point, love.
    The Sims looked like teenagers?

Still missing it, I'm afraid.
    Just explain what you saw in the trailer. You are making it seem like there were teenagers in the game.
  • simsacesimsace Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited August 2013
    xVee wrote:
    Sugarysim wrote:

I... just... no.

I shall spell it out.

She is saying that people posting in this forum act as teenagers and take everything at face value and overreact and exaggerate and well, make themselves look foolish - and maybe even spoiled and slightly self-righteous.

as a teenager!....I take absolutely no offense to that xD a bunch of the girls i know are absolutely crazy and take stuff at face value.
    edited August 2013
    xVee wrote:
    Sugarysim wrote:

I... just... no.

I shall spell it out.

She is saying that people posting in this forum act as teenagers and take everything at face value and overreact and exaggerate and well, make themselves look foolish - and maybe even spoiled and slightly self-righteous.
    Ok. If she is referring to me, I am not an EA fangirl so when I see stuff that is not up to par, I will speak my mind. I don't just give the money I work hard for away just because it has "The Sims" label on it. Unlike her, I don't have a trust fund to support me.
  • jvilla0713jvilla0713 Posts: 200 Member
    edited August 2013
    Sugarysim wrote:

Just explain what you saw in the trailer. You are making it seem like there were teenagers in the game.

They're not talking about the trailer lol.
    2dkbxgx.png
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited August 2013
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Personally I always find it odd how these leaks supposedly happen. It seems that with every new game EA are due to release concerning The Sims there is always someone who leaks a portion of the information to the public.

On more than one occasion I've had to ask myself if these so-called leaks are actually intentional as a ploy to raise early hype about what was otherwise going to be an extremely lacklustre presentation. I mean you would think that if there is some muppet working at your company who is happily leaving sensitive information about a new game all over the place that they would be fired but yet it seems to happen year upon year, release upon release. It's gotten to a point where I actually expect to know most of the information before the official announcement of said information.

I mean let's face it, EA aren't exactly known for producing well thought out and put together 'previews' in the past. Look at what happened with the latest live chat disaster.
    I don't know what information was leaked because all I saw was magazine pictures from people who stated they bought the magazines. Most of the information from the magazines was repetative. I would not consider these leaks because EA knows around the time that information would be released. They also know what they were going to show at Gamescom and who their audience is.

I don't know either. I've been away at a convention until yesterday afternoon and I didn't pop online then because I was tired. However considering how much EA were hyping up Gamescom as being a source of information concerning TS4 I cannot help but think that the early release of those images was done intentionally to hype up EA's showing at Gamescom.

I wasn't actually aware they had been printed in official magazines though which is odd. I wonder if a publisher broke the street date or something :/
  • CaecusLacrimaCaecusLacrima Posts: 803 Member
    edited August 2013
    Sugarysim wrote:

xVee already explained it in the post above my last. I think she was being polite and included everyone. Personally I thought Sugarysim was talking about you. You sure love to create drama, I was just have a little fun at your expense. Mean, I know, but I really do get sick of your tantrums.
    edited August 2013
    Sugarysim wrote:

Why are you coming in here trying to start a flame war? If the trailer doesn't have to do with teenagers, they should not be mentioned. The whole point people are trying to make is that with The Sims 2 and 3 we received more information in the first trailer about the different age groups and what they showed us in this trailer was pure ***.

With this trailer it seems as though EA expects us just to hand them our money because it has The Sims logo on it.
  • 3fansforever3fansforever Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited August 2013
    Umm i dont agree your over dramatic. but i do wish to know what that trailer was supposed to teach us. what the sims look like? we kinda already knew that. hopefully we'll see ALOT more on the 22nd.
    edited August 2013
    Sugarysim wrote:

Why are you coming in here trying to start a flame war? If the trailer doesn't have to do with teenagers, they should not be mentioned. The whole point people are trying to make is that with The Sims 2 and 3 we received more information in the first trailer about the different age groups and what they showed us in this trailer was pure ***.

With this trailer it seems as though EA expects us just to hand them our money because it has The Sims logo on it.
    See my post above.
    edited August 2013
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Darkslayer wrote:

I don't know either. I've been away at a convention until yesterday afternoon and I didn't pop online then because I was tired. However considering how much EA were hyping up Gamescom as being a source of information concerning TS4 I cannot help but think that the early release of those images was done intentionally to hype up EA's showing at Gamescom.

I wasn't actually aware they had been printed in official magazines though which is odd. I wonder if a publisher broke the street date or something :/
    I actually checked on that and the magazines were released on schedule. I believe EA probably had a separate event for "the press" and gave out press kits to them. They knew the information would be released in the next issues and every magazine is going to keep their schedule regardless of what EA is doing. Those magazines cover more than EA so I don't think they would want to upset thei customers.
    edited August 2013
    Sugarysim wrote:

Alright I wasn't going to mention this at all because I thought it was rather mean but I'm now under the assumption that you are either intentionally missing the point or you are far too young to be playing The Sims or indeed, on the internet at all because no one of the approved age could be so oblivious.

Basically they were referring to you because your post was immature, entitled and bratty - someone even explained this to you previously which I'm sure you saw but chose to ignore so you could continue your act. Sorry to be so blunt but this was just getting painful and if you're still the butt of the joke after their explanation and mine then you have only yourself to blame.

To reiterate:- their comment had absolutely nothing to do with the gameplay footage or the trailer because indeed there are no teenagers in either video, it was to do with the way you were conducting yourself.

Edit: Furthermore that is your opinion and, when I saw the initial trailer I actually agreed that it was a poor showing and an utter waste of space. I then saw the actual gameplay trailer and I have to say I am impressed so far because it genuinely does seem like a return to the good form that was TS2. It's a shame it took us 5+ years to get to that stage but hey! At least we're getting there!

Considering how anti-EA I am (yes, I admit it which is why I may appear rather biased) I am currently looking forward to this game and this is coming from a girl who has not purchased an EA game since the Showtime Expansion because of how downright irritated she was at not only what EA had done to The Sims but also the way they milked and ruined franchises overall.

So no, I do not think that the people who like this trailer are merely sheep who will buy anything with an EA logo on it.
    edited August 2013
    Sugarysim wrote:

See my post above.
    Well, just blindly give your money to EA and become their sheep. The rest of us have an opinion.
    edited August 2013
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Sugarysim wrote:

Alright I wasn't going to mention this at all because I thought it was rather mean but I'm now under the assumption that you are either intentionally missing the point or you are far too young to be playing The Sims or indeed, on the internet at all because no one of the approved age could be so oblivious.

Basically they were referring to you because your post was immature, entitled and bratty - someone even explained this to you previously which I'm sure you saw but chose to ignore so you could continue your act. Sorry to be so blunt but this was just getting painful and if you're still the butt of the joke after their explanation and mine then you have only yourself to blame.
    No, I am an adult. I am not self entitled. I am not going to just hand over my money to a company. I am not one of their sheep sorry. She is trying to start a flame war and there is no joke here.
    edited August 2013
    Umm i dont agree your over dramatic. but i do wish to know what that trailer was supposed to teach us. what the sims look like? we kinda already knew that. hopefully we'll see ALOT more on the 22nd.
    I can't believe people think this trailer is up to par with the trailers from:

The Sims
    The Sims 2
    The Sims 3

I have the same questions you have.
  • NaeRayNaeRay Posts: 297 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Who cares about kids? Sims have always been geared toward YA/A, the trailer is obviously symbolizing how human like these sims are!
    edited August 2013
    Sugarysim wrote:

See my post above.
    Well, just blindly give your money to EA and become their sheep. The rest of us have an opinion.

So does everybody who happens to like the trailer. Just because you do not like something does not mean that anyone who does is a sheep. I loathe Apple with a passion because I do not agree with their business model nor the fact that they seem to think it is OK to sue other companies over a design style that wasn't theirs in the first place, however I do not go around effectively flaming people who happen to like Apple products.
  • NaeRayNaeRay Posts: 297 New Member
    edited August 2013

The Sims
    The Sims 2
    The Sims 3

All of those trailers were greatly exaggerated and full of interactions that weren't in the games so would you rather EA make a pretty unrealistic trailer that shows off fake gameplay or would you rather EA give you a simple one showing how the sims look and their emotions?
    edited August 2013
    Sugarysim wrote:

See my post above.

Sweetie, I haven't even made up my mind whether I'm buying the game yet. Just because you didn't like what I had to say, you assumed I was - not everyone who disagrees with you is buying the game. Perhaps you should think about your 'trolling' nature and why it rubs people up the wrong way.

And it's ironic that you accuse others of starting flame wars, when quite often you're the common element in these various arguments.
    edited August 2013
    NaeRay wrote:

The Sims
    The Sims 2
    The Sims 3

All of those trailers were greatly exaggerated and full of interactions that weren't in the games so would you rather EA make a pretty unrealistic trailer that shows off fake gameplay or would you rather EA give you a simple one showing how the sims look and their emotions?

I was just about to say the same thing. EA in the past have been notorious for pumping out either pre-rendered 'fake' gameplay trailers or gameplay trailers that are so staged that they make the game look far more impressive than it actually is.

At least this way with the gameplay trailer that we were shown today it looks more natural and feels like it could actually be something they were demonstrating from the game rather than a bunch of fancy camera angles, a boatload of cheats and staged scenes to make out that this game is more involved and deeper than it actually is.

Was anyone else as disappointed as I was when they booted up TS3 only to find themselves thrust into a lifeless neighbourhood rather than the active, bustling one that was advertised to us through staged scenes?
  • ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited August 2013
    NaeRay wrote:

The Sims
    The Sims 2
    The Sims 3

so agree with this

also re leaks photos there were pix that were leaked before the Games mag article was posted
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/705959.page
    edited August 2013
    Oops! Also meant to add that I hadn't realized that was the street date for the magazine. I guess this wasn't a leak after all, I'd just heard all the chatter about leaked images and then heard a magazine was involved.

LOL this is what happens when I go away for 5 days.
    edited August 2013
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Sugarysim wrote:

See my post above.

So does everybody who happens to like the trailer. Just because you do not like something does not mean that anyone who does is a sheep. I loathe Apple with a passion because I do not agree with their business model nor the fact that they seem to think it is OK to sue other companies over a design style that wasn't theirs in the first place, however I do not go around effectively flaming people who happen to like Apple products.
    I have no problem with people liking the trailer. People who make personal attacks on others who like or don't like something are sheep. I did not issue any person attacks on anyone in my OP. The person referred to me as a teenager and then you referred to me as someone who is too young to play the game.

Trailers are marketing tools. You may think of them as fun videos to watch but they are commercials. Trailers are made to sell a product through stimulting emotions to the target audience. If you like the trailer better than the other trailers that we have had, defend why, without making personal attacks on me. If you like it, create your own thread why.

Compared with all the hype we had for this trailer and the trailers we saw for the previous installments of the series, I think this trailer is the worst trailer. It showed basically nothing.
    edited August 2013
    Sugarysim wrote:

See my post above.

Sweetie, I haven't even made up my mind whether I'm buying the game yet. Just because you didn't like what I had to say, you assumed I was - not everyone who disagrees with you is buying the game. Perhaps you should think about your 'trolling' nature and why it rubs people up the wrong way.

And it's ironic that you accuse others of starting flame wars, when quite often you're the common element in these various arguments.
    You are the one trolling. I gave my opinion on the trailer. That is my honest opinion on the trailer. I liked the other trailers way better. You came in here and made a personal attack on me because of my opinion.
    edited August 2013
    ceejay402 wrote:
    NaeRay wrote:

The Sims
    The Sims 2
    The Sims 3

so agree with this

also re leaks photos there were pix that were leaked before the Games mag article was posted
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/705959.page
    The first thing I saw was the magazine article so I did not know about the leaks. I thought everything was from the same press kit because several magazines people posted had the same information.