The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

To Pre-Order Or Not To Pre-Order? That is the question

I don't really know rather to pre-order the game, it just come out to pre-order and I usually wait a few months before I do anyways.

Hmm I really like the limited edition stuff that comes with the pre-order, I really like how I can freeze my sim and I could do a really cool story with that.

hmmm I guess I am asking. Are you going to pre-order the game? and when?

I probably going to wait to see what else might come with the game as well maybe for a bit of a cheaper pre-order price. 40 bucks to me is expensive.

Comments

• Options
    Sam_Is_GreatSam_Is_Great Posts: 2,189 Member
    edited July 2013
    Definitely preorder, but later...We need for information for it to be a smart purchase on my behalf, though I know I probably will anyway. I don't think I've yet been disappointed by a SimGuruBritt EP. Plus she liked my Buffy joke when UL first came out. You know what? She's my uber favourite!

But yeah, the bonuses are just too good to pass up if you ask me. Premium contenty content! Also great for storytelling, I have a lot of stories that would really benefit from the bonuses.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,418 Member
    edited July 2013
    It depends if you will buy it on Origin or not, because Origin will add pre-order items.

• Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited July 2013
    I always pre-order. I will be doing so when we get settled in our new home, next month.

I always get my ep's at Gamestop.

ETA: I just looked up the nearest Gamestop to my new town. Oh my goodness, the closest one is in Canada! I live in the US, lol. Maybe I'll have to start buying by mail again. I hate to, b/c I want it when I want it, but heck the nearest one in the US is nearly 50 miles away :shock:

What the heck?? I didn't realize that town was sooooo far away from the rest of the world, lol.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,874 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'm going to probably not pre order. I'm worried about the bugs and stability and given this is the last EP and the overall theme doesn't interest me, just some of the objects we've seen that I want, I can wait a few weeks to see how buggy it is and if it's stable enough to be worth buying on sale for those few wanted items.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    KyuWolf13KyuWolf13 Posts: 322 Member
    edited July 2013
    @jcp011c2 That okay if oyu don't pre-order it has its upsides and downsides. and at first I didn't like the theme of the game either but with how cool it looked with how little we got to see from the demo it looks great.

@windweaver Really? you pre-ordered every game. Wow. If I do pre-order ITF it be the third sims game I have pre-ordered. I don't really like pre-ordering cause I always worry I wont get the game.

@LeGardePourpre I do pre-order from Origin because where I live not many big game places so I kind of have to. But I do like the direct download.

@Sam_Is_Great I am with you, I want more information about the game. With IP it was the first time I actually kept up with all the new information that come out. And I was feeling that it ruin the game for me but it didn't. I love playing IP its my favorite EP hands down, well until ITF comes out. XD But yeah I really want more information.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    edited July 2013
    I already preordered because I know I am getting it and I got mine through Origin and I got the 5 to 7 day shipping because I have no problem in waiting,I also preordered Movie Stuff as well.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    dajudynahdajudynah Posts: 353
    edited July 2013
    would pre-order the digital copy from origin,anyone know in which date the pre-order start ?thanks
  • Options
    LisameesimsLisameesims Posts: 1,125 Member
    edited July 2013
    KyuWolf13 wrote:
    I don't really know rather to pre-order the game, it just come out to pre-order and I usually wait a few months before I do anyways.

Hmm I really like the limited edition stuff that comes with the pre-order, I really like how I can freeze my sim and I could do a really cool story with that.

hmmm I guess I am asking. Are you going to pre-order the game? and when?

I probably going to wait to see what else might come with the game as well maybe for a bit of a cheaper pre-order price. 40 bucks to me is expensive.

I usually pre-order the month of game release. There enough of the "limited edition" in stock in the last years, so they don't run out.
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited July 2013
    I'm not sure I will pre-order however I am weak in the knees for sci-fi stuff so the live Broadcast on Tuesday will probably make me topple :lol:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I'm not sure I will pre-order however I am weak in the knees for sci-fi stuff so the live Broadcast on Tuesday will probably make me topple :lol:

Im into the sci-fi stuff a lot too. I love sci-fi tv shows and movies. Its the one reason why I am really interested in this EP is from how sci-fi it looks.
  • Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited July 2013
    I pre-ordered the day the livechat aired. :lol:

I NEVER buy anything from EA fullpriced--I always wait months and months for sales and discounts, but this is ITF we're talking about here. Did you see that trailer!? :shock: Omg, I NEED it, right NOW! :twisted:

The LE content seems nifty and all, but I don't give a crap about it, personally. The EP alone had me squeeing, so that's just another cherry on the top, getting the LE content.

I'm gonna wait for MVSP, though--I'm pretty sure I can get it for $5 if I wait.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    murfeel wrote:
    I pre-ordered the day the livechat aired. :lol:

I NEVER buy anything from EA fullpriced--I always wait months and months for sales and discounts, but this is ITF we're talking about here. Did you see that trailer!? :shock: Omg, I NEED it, right NOW! :twisted:

The LE content seems nifty and all, but I don't give a crap about it, personally. The EP alone had me squeeing, so that's just another cherry on the top, getting the LE content.

I'm gonna wait for MVSP, though--I'm pretty sure I can get it for $5 if I wait.

:lol: This made me a laugh a lot when I read it. But yeah Im pretty excited about the game too. But Im still really stuck as rather or not to get it. It trailer did pump me up and made me want to get it more. But I really want more information on the EP before I choice to buy it or not.

I still will wait for awhile because its inly July and the game comes out October. Still have a long wait for the game to come out.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited July 2013
    I don't know if I will ever pre-order another physical copy, and have it shipped to me through the mail again. Not after what they did to my copy of IP. The people who handled it along the way basically destroyed the case of IP before I even got. I am very displeased with they way that they had mishandled my copy of IP. :(
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    sunman502 wrote:
    I don't know if I will ever pre-order another physical copy, and have it shipped to me through the mail again. Not after what they did to my copy of IP. The people who handled it along the way basically destroyed the case of IP before I even got. I am very displeased with they way that they had mishandled my copy of IP. :(

I never pre-ordered or even ordered a physical copy of a Sims game. So far all my games have been though origin's direct download. I wouldn't mind cases of the game but to me physical copies, so many things could go wrong with them.
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited July 2013
    I never pre-order. The store I usually buy mine at always has the limited editions for sale :)
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    alstromeriaalstromeria Posts: 218 Member
    edited July 2013
    murfeel wrote:

what murfeel said.

... I spend waaay too much time and money on this game.

But I love it!