Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise Lag issue solution (no mods required)

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    HenwenHenwen Posts: 188 Member
    edited April 2014
    not sure what to do about this part:

CTRL+shift+c and enter ''resetsim *'' without ''

The 'without' bit has confused me

First you have to press CTRL+shift+c - then - TestingCheatsEnabled true - then - resetsim *

They meant without the quotation marks they typed. There is a space between resetSim and the asterisk. This would be for the whole town, not just one Sim.
    To reset one Sim - you would type:

restSim (space) Full Name of Sim

Example:
    resetSim Agnes Crumplebottom
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited April 2014
    I've been playing the Arias who are on a houseboat. Should I move them as well?

You only have to move NPC families. You can even play the Scotts on their houseboat - if you can control them, you can liberate them if they get stuck. The problem with the four families I mentioned is that, as NPC sims, they often get stuck in the water under their houses or don't find the way to their boats. This causes the lag.

The Arias don`t have such routing issues as far as I know.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Hey this is for anyone with the Island Paradise lag who doesn't want to use mods to fix it.

I had this problem only in the IP world, where the sims and edge scrolling and cursor would freeze but everything else carried on as normal.
    After a bit of research I found a few things that stopped the lagging and dramatically improved load times :)

To fix the lag: delete all houseboats and houseboat lots, and go into every lived in house in the world, changing things that would get NPCs stuck, or things that don't work. e.g inaccessible bathtubs and furniture too close to get around. (you should be able to create your own houseboats without the lag happening if you build it with plenty of room to move around)

This is in your Sims 3 folder on your computer...
    To speed up your loading times: delete these cache files (they will reappear, but this is incase one was faulty) simCompositorCache.package, CASPartCache.package, compositor Cache.
    Delete all images in the Featured Items folder, and deny access to it to stop EA adding more useless images there.
    Delete everything in the DCBackup folder, except the ccmerged.package file.

OrangeyLemon - How do you deny access to the Featured items? Is this through the game options? I had no knowledge of this folder and all the junk in it so thanks!
    I might add that not only the simCompositorCache.package, CASPartCache.package, compositor Cache.
    But also the scriptCache, and socialCache.
    Also the Thumbnals in Thumbnails folder and any xcpt files at the bottom.

Now it is suggested the WorldCache folder, but I've never done this. Is that one okay to clear out?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I've been playing the Arias who are on a houseboat. Should I move them as well?

You only have to move NPC families. You can even play the Scotts on their houseboat - if you can control them, you can liberate them if they get stuck. The problem with the four families I mentioned is that, as NPC sims, they often get stuck in the water under their houses or don't find the way to their boats. This causes the lag.

The Arias don`t have such routing issues as far as I know.

They seem to be okay and I rearranged their houseboat since the kitchen arrangement is insane. It's a much better houseboat now.
    I will try all of these suggestions. I have read that this EP was super glitchy but I had no idea how badly. This is by far the worst.
    Thank all of you guys for your suggestions. It's much appreciated. :thumbup:
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,020 Member
    edited April 2014
    I've been wanting to make more use of the Island Paradise expansion that I bought recently. I have a few things in mind. I own a good computer, but I've heard that IP is laggy even then. Sooo...

I have two sims that live in Barnacle Bay, which I bought specifically to use IP content in. One BB sim Loves to Swim and has the lifetime wish to make money as a Diver. I want to add some dive spots to BB--read that it's possible to do and have a video tutorial bookmarked to try it. I've just been reluctant to start that project since I haven't even seen a dive site yet!

But I also have NRaas Traveler and have already set up a base camp in IP. (I know you don't actually have to have one with Traveler, but I was experimenting with info gained about the .nhd file: https://nraas.wikispaces.com/Traveler+FAQ#Traveler-Is there a way to use one of the towns from another save-game as a vacation world ?)

My sims have traveled to IP to check things out. Even with just using IP as a vacation spot and not living there, I saw lag. So last night, after reading a couple of threads here, I did the following:

Evicted Medina, Prince, Scott, Los Amigos, Romantic and placed them in other houses. I didn't bulldoze the house/houseboats; I changed them (and any other vacant houseboats) from Regular residence to Ownable residence. This would keep NPCs from moving in there, but I'm wondering if I should still bulldoze the lots. ??

I also removed the arch on the castle and set the front door where it should be.

I haven't reset the dive caves yet, but I read that I should do that.

I looked for the troublesome bug spawners at Hobart's Hideout, but didn't see any. I think the roaches have to be active to find them, so I'll check at another time.

I also use NRaas Overwatch in my games.

Is there anything else that would help reduce lag? I really don't want to go into all the houses or do big changes right now. But if some quick fixes would help, I'm willing to do those. Still wondering whether if just changing the house/houseboats to Ownable instead of bulldozing is enough. The reason I did that was because, with Traveler, my sims could purchase a houseboat as a vacation home and I wanted some options.
  • Options
    DevaliaDevalia Posts: 22 Member
    edited April 2014
    I just updated my PC as I thought this was the issue, installed the game again and it is WORSE! When I created a new family I started playing and didn't even get through a full 60 seconds without lag. Got so bad that I can no longer play that world.

Has anyone had this much trouble, and how did you fix it?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Devalia wrote:
    I just updated my PC as I thought this was the issue, installed the game again and it is WORSE! When I created a new family I started playing and didn't even get through a full 60 seconds without lag. Got so bad that I can no longer play that world.

Has anyone had this much trouble, and how did you fix it?

I fixed mine by only bulldozing all but two houseboats. The one houseboat I am playing, and the other is the one the "Romantic" lives in and I keep an eye on him as he moves from port to port.
    Very important to move the Scott family into a home, they have nowhere to go after EA bulldozed their houseboat. I also moved every other household off of each houseboat and put them in houses.
    I am watching the Romantic go from port to port and if it gets glitchy I will see which port he's in, and get rid of those by bulldozing them. Some think it's the ports themselves and not the houseboats, but I'm going to start a list of "iffy" ports that I find.
  • Options
    SedandVasSedandVas Posts: 3
    edited June 2014
    Just wanted to write a little message on here, I've been searching around for a fix to my recent lag problems when I stumbled across this thread. Thank you SO much to the OP and every one with constructive advice after the fact. REALLY appreciate you guys coming together and putting these ideas up!
  • Options
    BrittanyStoneBrittanyStone Posts: 92 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I recently bought the Island Paradise expansion pack and when I opened my launcher and tried to play my game my mouse took forever to load and then when I pulled up task manager it said sims 3 wasn't responding. What can I do to play my game again? Any suggestions? I'm desperate. :(
  • Options
    clipnsaveclipnsave Posts: 2 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Thank you so much! I have my game running on an iMac with OSx and this really helped my IP! It runs so smoothe now!
    At last I can enjoy all the beauty IP has. YAY! :D
  • Options
    Alpal425Alpal425 Posts: 198 Member
    I just started a town out of the gate deleting the Scott family, there is no Scott family, I'm in a house...

Hi bmashland,

never delete premade sims, this will disturb the structure of the world even more.

To reduce the lag in Isla Paradiso, you need to move four families into new homes and then tear down their old houses/houseboats:

-the Scotts
    -Rubisel Ichtaca ("The Prince")
    -Los Amigos
    -Medina

Let them move into free houses on the main island, there are plenty of them.

If you want to improve things even further, go to the big Ichtaca castle, delete the arch in front of the door and set the door as front door.

If you have ITF and play on a houseboat, look carefully on which community lot the portal appears. It may block doors or passages.

This should help a lot with the lag. My Isla Paradiso runs almost as smooth as Appaloosa Plains.

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I was wondering if I were to just rearrange the layout of the houseboats, would everything be okay and no more lag rather than moving the Sims into new houses? Like, clear paths, not so much junk?
    thedoctor.gif
  • Options
    geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    edited July 2015
    Apparently it's not just the house design itself, it's the land layout around the house that's broken and results in sims getting stuck.

I'd also highly suggest tearing down the combined school/stadium and building separate school and stadiums since combined school/stadiums are broken (local football team always loses and it stops your children being able to attend graduation day.) I've made a separate stadium and school using just the base game and expansion flora:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8697055
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8697098

Also you'll need to set the front doors for the Collins and Vidal houses near the park as they aren't set properly. If there's still problems with the Collins house you can create a similar effect on the outside of the house by deleting the walls with the arches and using moveobjects on place 3 ModCol columns where the arches would've been and colourise them using the same pattern/colours on the letterbox.

These and all the other suggestions other people have mentioned won't solve all lag issues (brand new game after brand new install of everything and still jitters like crazy) but should help to make it lag less often.
    Post edited by geekgirl101 on
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    I never play in IP because of the routing issues. I always stick resorts and houseboats in another world. Really is sad though that they didn't test it out better before putting it out.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    horselover3456horselover3456 Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m aware this is an old post but if anyone is looking for a solution still I’d like to point out that deleting the Scott family’s house boat and moving them to a regular house + reseting all my sims has really helped with the lag and i can safely say I don’t have it anymore. I’m not sure if deleting the school/stadium combo did anything because my lag was gone before I did it so your choice to do it....
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    I’m aware this is an old post but if anyone is looking for a solution still I’d like to point out that deleting the Scott family’s house boat and moving them to a regular house + reseting all my sims has really helped with the lag and i can safely say I don’t have it anymore. I’m not sure if deleting the school/stadium combo did anything because my lag was gone before I did it so your choice to do it....

@horselover3456, here is link to a more active thread with all of the fixes to IP if you want to take a look around for any more helpful tips to make the world run better... ;)

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag/p1
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    I'm closing the thread due to its age, but hopefully, the link @lisasc360 pointed you to helps out, @horselover3456. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top