Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise Lag issue solution (no mods required)

I spent the whole day yesterday figuring out how to make Isla Paradiso lag free, and I found the solution!
Step 1: If you already have a family, save it to the households bin (along with the house/houseboat).
Step 2: Go to main menu and start a new Isla Paradiso game.
Step 3: Place your houseboat on the dock or your house on the empty lot.
Step 4: Delete the Scott family. They really know how to cause lot of lags in Isla Paradiso.
Step 5: Load your family.
Step 6: After your family is loaded, immediately pause the game. Use CTRL+shift+c and enter ''resetsim *'' without ''.
Step 7: Save your game and go to Main Menu.
Step 8: Load your Save game.
It should reduce most of the lags, but if you really want to completely get rid of lags, use this mod: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Overwatch . It fixes all unroutable sims!
Hope this helped :-)
scnewsignature.png

Comments

• sylviacritchsylviacritch Posts: 8 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Many thanks. Your solution to the lagging problem works. It was gradually getting worse to the point where the game was unplayable.
    I didn't have the lagging problem when I first installed the expansion pack. I just hope it stays lag free from now on. Thanks again.
  • SimarchangelSimarchangel Posts: 264 Member
    edited July 2013
    I already use Overwatch, and the Scott family are forever being reset. I read something about the family having been en route for a deleted venue when the world was releaseded, or some such thing.

Your solution seems likely to work - however, is it really necessary to move my sims out and in to the neighbourhood again? I've made a lot of changes to the world, and I'd rather not have to do it all again. Not sure what difference it would really make...
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited July 2013
    I tried this early on and my game ran great for a while. Now I am experiencing lag and noticed many of the unroutable sims are on houseboats. I am considering deleting all houseboats from the world.
  • SimarchangelSimarchangel Posts: 264 Member
    edited July 2013
    Kind of a shame considering that's he whole point of the ep - part of it, at least! Let's hope EA release a patch to deal with some of these teething problems.
  • yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited July 2013
    I spent the whole day yesterday figuring out how to make Isla Paradiso lag free, and I found the solution!
    Step 1: If you already have a family, save it to the households bin (along with the house/houseboat).
    Step 2: Go to main menu and start a new Isla Paradiso game.
    Step 3: Place your houseboat on the dock or your house on the empty lot.
    Step 4: Delete the Scott family. They really know how to cause lot of lags in Isla Paradiso.
    Step 5: Load your family.
    Step 6: After your family is loaded, immediately pause the game. Use CTRL+shift+c and enter ''resetsim *'' without ''.
    Step 7: Save your game and go to Main Menu.
    Step 8: Load your Save game.
    It should reduce most of the lags, but if you really want to completely get rid of lags, use this mod: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Overwatch . It fixes all unroutable sims!
    Hope this helped :-)
    3 more possibilities if you've got Twallan's SP & MC:
    * play the Scotts family (or at least add them into your active family as family member, friend, renter/room mate etc)

* use SP & MC to change them into a service NPC townie

* Install Twallan's Traveler & go to Edit Town mode. Change all the houseboats in the world to player owned only. This should restrict SP to moving in townies to only land lots.
  • ChubbyKatzeChubbyKatze Posts: 564 Member
    edited July 2013

No actually it doesn't (I have Overwatch & ErrorTrap), not when they start to route themselves to the same areas over and over again especially when trying to go to an area that simply doesn't exist in the game because EA has such smart devs. ErrorTrap should be telling you within the first two minutes of playing that more than 30 Sims are now glitched and have become unroutable. The lag from this is so stifling, I have no idea why they release such horrible products one after another when it comes to this game, obviously without proper testing. :evil:

As for your first piece of advice, I will go ahead and try this and hopefully I will be able to play again without the lag. If it continues I'll simply get rid of all the boathouses I suppose. Sort of part of the REASON for getting this pack but EA could care less about actual customers and keeping them happy now-a-days it seems.

This is another good piece of advice to remove the bad spawners completely from your island. http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/06/routing-issues-in-the-resort-hobarts-hideout.html
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • isabel_santos87isabel_santos87 Posts: 272 Member
    edited July 2013
    Well, I just deleted all DCbackup package files but the ccmerged one. It's an old thing but it always works. My game has been running fine since.
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited July 2013
    Guys, this might sound silly, but the thing that took away all my IP lag was putting all my graphics setting up to maximum. There's a thread about it here:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/694312.page#11052512

Honestly, it's the strangest thing. I was experiencing terrible lag in IP and it was increasing each day. I was gradually lowering all my graphic settings to try and stem the lag when I bumped into that thread. I tried it for myself and it really does work.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Sim2BladeSim2Blade Posts: 550 Member
    edited July 2013
    Well, I just deleted all DCbackup package files but the ccmerged one. It's an old thing but it always works. My game has been running fine since.

wow it actually worked
    edited July 2013
    * Install Twallan's Traveler & go to Edit Town mode. Change all the houseboats in the world to player owned only. This should restrict SP to moving in townies to only land lots.

I've tried everything else on this page including deleting cache files and thumbnails as simpler solutions but nothing seems to be working. I installed Traveler as a last result but after looking it over in the interactions guide on their site I'm still a little confused as to how you do this. (Sorry, I've never used this particular package from NRaa before :oops: )

How do you change the houseboats to player owned establishments only?
  • MystyrysMystyrys Posts: 605 Member
    edited July 2013

What are these files?
    edited July 2013
    Mystyrys wrote:

What are these files?

For Windows users it would be

Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DCBackup

The very last file would be ccmerged.package, don't delete it (if you have it)

Another good list of simple but helpful tips are here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Files
  • lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited July 2013
    There is nothing wrong with the Scott family or with houseboats. It was one of the nraas mods that was actually deleting their houseboat and causing them to be reset constantly. Twallan has since updated these mods so that they don't do that anymore and if you check for updates regularly (which you should because there are always updates especially when the ep's are new) you won't have this problem. In my game I have all up-to-date nraas mods and my Scott family is just fine, they live on their houseboat and everything is great. They don't get reset and my game runs smooth.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • MystyrysMystyrys Posts: 605 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hmm,, thanks, I'll try that. I've been lucky to not have too many glitches, but there has been a lot of lag and some freezing. I don't use mods or CC at all, so a mod free way to unlag the game is appreciated.
  • isabel_santos87isabel_santos87 Posts: 272 Member
    edited July 2013

I've tried everything else on this page including deleting cache files and thumbnails as simpler solutions but nothing seems to be working. I installed Traveler as a last result but after looking it over in the interactions guide on their site I'm still a little confused as to how you do this. (Sorry, I've never used this particular package from NRaa before :oops: )

How do you change the houseboats to player owned establishments only?

Edit town mode like said, click on a houseboat, then the icon for change lot type, select residencial and then you should have several options, one of them being player owned only. Of course this means it will take some time because you have to do it to every houseboat manually.

I should tell you though that I do not have that mod so I'm not sure this is the correct way of doing it but that's how you change lot type to player owned only in world adventures worlds so I would guess it works the same way in this situation.
    edited July 2013
    Thank you for the reply the only problem is when I try that I only get one new option, "Ownable Lot" which I've tried. I'm afraid I've prolly butchered my town up pretty good looking for a solution so I've started a new game recently and will check it out again.

As far as updating Twallan's mods I saw two that were updated for I.P. (prolly missed a few) but went ahead and redid all of them even though the last update was 3 days ago but I figure why not. Just frustrated. This Saturday I will be officially nine months preggers so maybe I have a horrible case of mommy brain or I am just getting too frustrated too easily. Who knows!
  • SimsGuineaPigSimsGuineaPig Posts: 530 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I found that moving everyone who lives in houseboats to a normal house on any island and then deleting the houseboats really helped. I only have a tiny bit now that I'm not too bothered about
  • justicereyjusticerey Posts: 30 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Add Me Please rlly Need Friends :oops:
  • katemarie13katemarie13 Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    The deletion of the DCBackup files got rid of my lag almost completely! My game runs a lot better. Thank you so, so much. :)
  • OrangeyLemonOrangeyLemon Posts: 1 New Member
    edited April 2014
    Hey this is for anyone with the Island Paradise lag who doesn't want to use mods to fix it.

I had this problem only in the IP world, where the sims and edge scrolling and cursor would freeze but everything else carried on as normal.
    After a bit of research I found a few things that stopped the lagging and dramatically improved load times :)

To fix the lag: delete all houseboats and houseboat lots, and go into every lived in house in the world, changing things that would get NPCs stuck, or things that don't work. e.g inaccessible bathtubs and furniture too close to get around. (you should be able to create your own houseboats without the lag happening if you build it with plenty of room to move around)

This is in your Sims 3 folder on your computer...
    To speed up your loading times: delete these cache files (they will reappear, but this is incase one was faulty) simCompositorCache.package, CASPartCache.package, compositor Cache.
    Delete all images in the Featured Items folder, and deny access to it to stop EA adding more useless images there.
    Delete everything in the DCBackup folder, except the ccmerged.package file.
  • emmalouise1994emmalouise1994 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited April 2014
    not sure what to do about this part:

CTRL+shift+c and enter ''resetsim *'' without ''

The 'without' bit has confused me
  • bmashlandbmashland Posts: 358 New Member
    edited April 2014
    I just started a town out of the gate deleting the Scott family, there is no Scott family, I'm in a house...
    The lag started this time the second I went into the water and started to snorkel.
    This is a buffering problem.

I could swim out to the middle of the water without lag just fine, the second I access the activity "snorkel" the lag comes. Last time I made it I actually got to go into a cave, ONCE... then the lag came I "tested" it a total of 6 days.

Time before that I got 3 Sim days and could not use the caves, expelled just like we were on release.

This time I had the town made for enough time to build a regular house, not boat house, tiny starter thing...
    I watched some tv, no lag...
    I read a book, no lag...
    I said swim to "this spot" clicking on the on water, no lag...
    I said snorkel... lag lag lag.

Buffering issue.

4 times what they said to put the game on, 8 gig of ram.. The only graphic card I could buy off the wiki list that wasn't 500 bucks that had a "yes" it's supported all the way across it.
    If I'm having problems, the majority are... this is a brand new machine.
    Get them bugs fixed, this is all we get...
    Come to the forum and BEG MAXIS to fix our games.

Most of the things I've reported haven't been fixed so lets not hold our breath here, these things take time Sara said... Apparently even 5 years, like the plants stuck in harvest issue.

Its a joke... if we get a fix, it probably won't be until after half of you run off to buy the next product even though this one was sold to us broken.
    I hope you learned your lesson because this is my second bite, I've learned mine.

If we ask for quality, and don't buy stuff until we see it...

Maybe they'll finally give it to us.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • bmashlandbmashland Posts: 358 New Member
    edited April 2014
    This is about IP lagging and feeling falsely advertised too, I've been trying to find out what we can do legally and we are really stuck.
    Read the Wikipedia law about false advertising.
    Loopholes, something again left of the cover...
    The word support is interpreted by them differently then mine. I think they should have to put a list in the box with all the meanings of the words they use because of stuff like this.

The best thing all of us can do is tell the people we can even if it feels like just a bunch of writing to people that will never help:
    BBB and Attorney General are the ones I found in my research over the past year trying to get fixes all over this forum are where we go.
    BBB for Company, Attorney General for products that is our consumer agencies here to reach... I tried to see if there was something the labor board could do since it feels like I have been having to go through this collection and "test it". Anyways... The lady through there told me Attorney General, and the BBB has always been an option for us.

THEN ALSO... DON'T STOP TRYING PLEASE TO GET REAL SUPPORT... this is crazy.
    Get a big list of bugs that we face too the studio and ask for support until we no longer matter, I guess that's when all Sims 4 bugs start to fill up the new forum... but that is a guess.

Copy/paste from that WIKI page, under the part about
    Manipulation of measurement units and standards:

Guarantee without a remedy specified:
    If a company does not say what they will do if the product fails to meet expectations, then they are free to do very little.

This is due to a legal technicality that states that a contract cannot be enforced unless it provides a basis not only for determining a breach but also for giving a remedy in the event of a breach.

Our options are post to this forum and pressure them to repeat our errors until we get a fix that is updated and fix permanently. I need more then one IP town and if I have to go through this every time I make one? It is just not even an option.

That was the say from the top lady in the EA's customer complaint department, not more then a few business days ago.
    "Come here post the our bugs in the forum for Maxis, they supposedly monitor it... Try to duplicate them" if they can, we get a fix.

The worst plan I've ever seen from a customer stand point on any product I've ever used. I will not fall for this again.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    edited April 2014
    I just started a town out of the gate deleting the Scott family, there is no Scott family, I'm in a house...

Hi bmashland,

never delete premade sims, this will disturb the structure of the world even more.

To reduce the lag in Isla Paradiso, you need to move four families into new homes and then tear down their old houses/houseboats:

-the Scotts
    -Rubisel Ichtaca ("The Prince")
    -Los Amigos
    -Medina

Let them move into free houses on the main island, there are plenty of them.

If you want to improve things even further, go to the big Ichtaca castle, delete the arch in front of the door and set the door as front door.

If you have ITF and play on a houseboat, look carefully on which community lot the portal appears. It may block doors or passages.

This should help a lot with the lag. My Isla Paradiso runs almost as smooth as Appaloosa Plains.
  • HenwenHenwen Posts: 188 Member
    edited April 2014

Hi bmashland,

never delete premade sims, this will disturb the structure of the world even more.

To reduce the lag in Isla Paradiso, you need to move four families into new homes and then tear down their old houses/houseboats:

-the Scotts
    -Rubisel Ichtaca ("The Prince")
    -Los Amigos
    -Medina

Let them move into free houses on the main island, there are plenty of them.

If you want to improve things even further, go to the big Ichtaca castle, delete the arch in front of the door and set the door as front door.

If you have ITF and play on a houseboat, look carefully on which community lot the portal appears. It may block doors or passages.

This should help a lot with the lag. My Isla Paradiso runs almost as smooth as Appaloosa Plains.

I've been playing the Arias who are on a houseboat. Should I move them as well?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top