My houseboat won't dock at any ports.
How do I return my houseboat to its port?
There are a few ways to return a houseboat to its port when it's out at sea. You can...
• Click on the button next to your Sim's picture. This is normally "Return Home", but switches to "Return Houseboat to Port" when on a houseboat. There is no button there when they are on the houseboat
• Click on the helm, hull, or wall of a houseboat and select "Return Houseboat to Port". That option doesn't show up. Only move boat and foghorn that's it.
• Switch to map view, click on the map tag of your port and select "Return Houseboat to Port". option doesn't show up
• Click on the ground at your port and select "Return Houseboat to Port". Option doesn't show up
I see an uncharted island, but when I get anywhere close to it, I lose the ability to interact with everything (houseboat, bathroom, swimming). I don't know what to do!
Thank you I find this very useful
I will receive my copy tomorrow but I do have a question about houseboats.
Is it possible to have multiple houseboats on one port?
Does the basement/hull function like a nectar cellar ?
16) Press CTRL + SHIFT + C to open the cheat console.
17) In the cheat console, type in "testingcheatsenabled true" without the quotation marks and press enter.
18) Press CTRL + SHIFT + C to open the cheat console a second time.
19) Type in "buydebug" without the quotation marks and press enter.
20) Switch to Buy Mode.
21) Select "Sort by Function".
22) Select "Debug" - it's a button that has a question mark on it.
23) Select the last tab named "Misc. Objects".
24) Find the object named "Gangway Style".
Great tutorial, thank you for taking the time to give us all that info. I can't wait to get my copy of IP.
I assume that we could also just copy ports from Isla Paradiso into another hood via the Lot bin, provided we place an empty Lot down of the required size - to save building them ourselves? Or perhaps there's already a port in the Lot bin for placing in other hoods?
How do you get boats (sailboat, windsurfer etc) to attach to the side of your house boat? Aren't you able to add those moorings to the side and get it to work? The houseboat I'm using (prebuilt as part of the world) won't allow me to do that.
Why can't we build on the curved part of curved houseboats? I'd love to add some chairs for my sims to relax there!